A nice day to do battle with the leeches!

1 view

PixelPix

Dec 22, 2007, 11:23:55 PM12/22/07
Blood sucking little buggers!! But in the end the hike was worth
it.... got a few pix and burned 2400 calories in the process! ;-)

Elabana Falls, Lamington National Park

http://www.potd.com.au/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/LamingtonNP_I7U6023_PANO.jpg
http://www.potd.com.au/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/LamingtonNP_I7U6031.jpg

Cheers

Rusty

MJW

Dec 22, 2007, 11:34:22 PM12/22/07

Great shots Rusty! I was about to post a picture of my own (not
landscapes), but this has left me sitting here going WOW.

Anyway, I will still post.....

--
>>>M.J.Wyllie.<<<

THIS*@ozdebate.com Marutchi

Dec 23, 2007, 12:16:45 AM12/23/07

They are very nice indeed, great exposure.

PixelPix

Dec 23, 2007, 12:41:34 AM12/23/07
On Dec 23, 3:16 pm, "Marutchi" <BarbaraH*REMOVE TH...@ozdebate.com>
wrote:

> PixelPix wrote:
> > Blood sucking little buggers!! But in the end the hike was worth
> > it.... got a few pix and burned 2400 calories in the process! ;-)
>
> > Elabana Falls, Lamington National Park
>
> >http://www.potd.com.au/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/LamingtonNP_I7U6...
> >http://www.potd.com.au/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/LamingtonNP_I7U6...

> They are very nice indeed, great exposure.

Thanks guys! :-)

One more....

http://potd.com.au/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/LamingtonNP_I7U6041.jpg

PS: These display best in Safari as it respects the embedded
profile.... I can't wait for the new version of Firefox to do the
same. I wonder if IE will ever?

Dec 23, 2007, 1:17:32 AM12/23/07
"PixelPix" <ma...@pixelpix.com.au> wrote in message

I've just opened that image in IE7 and Bon Echo 2.0.0.9 (Firefox) on Vista
64 on a Samsung 215TW. In Bon Echo the greens are decidedly greener.

Sarina.Sarin

Dec 23, 2007, 2:30:10 AM12/23/07

There is no embedded profile in the above image.

Douglas

--
Sarina

Doug Jewell

Dec 23, 2007, 2:52:30 AM12/23/07
Oops douggy - you forgot to change your newsreader out of
your sockpuppet profile before you posted eh?

mark.t...@gmail.com

Dec 23, 2007, 5:25:06 AM12/23/07
On Dec 23, 5:30 pm, "Sarina.Sarin" <sarina.sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
(blah blah)

> Douglas
> --
> Sarina

(embarrassed cough)

Umm, Douglas, your intense desire to be a woman is showing for all to
see..

That's Douglas MacDonald, of:

www.clocksnprints.com
www.weddingsnportraits.com.au
www.douglasjames.com.au
www.brisbaneweddingphotographers.com

and who also uses the name "Douglas St James", presumably when he
isn't being Sarina.

Douglas angrily and self-righteously defended "Sarina" over here:
http://groups.google.com.au/group/rec.photo.equipment.35mm/browse_frm/thread/27e5ca0635b43d10
..and it seems to be rather clear why...

(O: Merry Xmas, all !!!

PS - Now, place your bets. Will he disappear for the obligatory few
weeks, or do we just wait for the "I meant to do that, I was just
trolling" excuse..?

Whatever.. - as long as he thinks it improves his credibility, I
guess. (O:

mark.t...@gmail.com

Dec 23, 2007, 5:45:49 AM12/23/07
On Dec 23, 2:23 pm, PixelPix <m...@pixelpix.com.au> wrote:
> Blood sucking little buggers!! But in the end the hike was worth
> it.... got a few pix and burned 2400 calories in the process! ;-)
>
> Elabana Falls, Lamington National Park
>
> http://www.potd.com.au/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/LamingtonNP_I7U6...http://www.potd.com.au/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/LamingtonNP_I7U6...
>
> Cheers
>
> Rusty

Beautiful work, as usual, Russ.

Just curious, does stitching these sort of longish exposures give you
any added issues? I can't imagine that it would, but I'm just curious
- I'm hoping to get the energy together to shoot this area myself
soon, and I'm planning a fair bit of stitching, meself!!

Troy Piggins

Dec 23, 2007, 6:52:51 AM12/23/07
* PixelPix is quoted & my replies are inline below :

> Blood sucking little buggers!! But in the end the hike was worth
> it... got a few pix and burned 2400 calories in the process! ;-)

Nice Rusty! Really like all 3 of those posted. Loving those
milky waterfalls.

--
Troy Piggins
Please feel free to provide constructive criticism on any photos I post. I'm

PixelPix

Dec 23, 2007, 8:02:11 AM12/23/07
On Dec 23, 5:30 pm, "Sarina.Sarin" <sarina.sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

Well why does PS with an AdobeSRB working space, ask what to do with
the embedded sRGB profile, when all of the above 3 images are opened?

PixelPix

Dec 23, 2007, 8:15:15 AM12/23/07
On Dec 23, 8:45 pm, mark.thoma...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Dec 23, 2:23 pm, PixelPix <m...@pixelpix.com.au> wrote:
>
> > Blood sucking little buggers!! But in the end the hike was worth
> > it.... got a few pix and burned 2400 calories in the process! ;-)
>
> > Elabana Falls, Lamington National Park
>
> >http://www.potd.com.au/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/LamingtonNP_I7U6......

> > Cheers
>
> > Rusty
>
> Beautiful work, as usual, Russ.
>
> Just curious, does stitching these sort of longish exposures give you
> any added issues? I can't imagine that it would, but I'm just curious
> - I'm hoping to get the energy together to shoot this area myself
> soon, and I'm planning a fair bit of stitching, meself!!

Thanks Mark,

Flowing water doesn't normal provide much of a problem, as the blur
tends to blend very well. The image linked above is not a stitch
however... when shooting 16.7mp you have the luxury of cropping and
still getting a pretty decent pano. ;)

Here is a sample of stitched flowing water that I did as a test when I
first made my pano head...

http://www.pixelpix.com.au/samples/WaterPano.jpg

Cheers

Rusty

PixelPix

Dec 23, 2007, 8:18:58 AM12/23/07
On Dec 23, 8:45 pm, mark.thoma...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Dec 23, 2:23 pm, PixelPix <m...@pixelpix.com.au> wrote:
>
> > Blood sucking little buggers!! But in the end the hike was worth
> > it.... got a few pix and burned 2400 calories in the process! ;-)
>
> > Elabana Falls, Lamington National Park
>
> >http://www.potd.com.au/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/LamingtonNP_I7U6......

> > Cheers
>
> > Rusty
>
> Beautiful work, as usual, Russ.
>
> Just curious, does stitching these sort of longish exposures give you
> any added issues? I can't imagine that it would, but I'm just curious
> - I'm hoping to get the energy together to shoot this area myself
> soon, and I'm planning a fair bit of stitching, meself!!

What I should have also mentioned is the movement in the leaves from
one frame to another.... this can sometimes be a pain, bit I have
found that PTGui and Enblend/SmartBlend do a great job of sorting out
the blends and selecting areas that avoid the inter-frame movement.

PixelPix

Dec 23, 2007, 8:20:47 AM12/23/07

it's late and my eyes are stuffed... naturally that was meant to be
Adobe"RGB"

Annika1980

Dec 23, 2007, 9:52:29 AM12/23/07
On Dec 23, 2:30 am, "Sarina.Sarin" <sarina.sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> There is no embedded profile in the above image.
>
> Douglas

> Sarina

BWAHAHAHAAAAA!!!

Annika1980

Dec 23, 2007, 9:59:59 AM12/23/07
On Dec 23, 5:25 am, mark.thoma...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Dec 23, 5:30 pm, "Sarina.Sarin" <sarina.sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Douglas
> > --
> > Sarina
>
> (embarrassed cough)
>
> Umm, Douglas, your intense desire to be a woman is showing for all to
> see..

> PS - Now, place your bets.  Will he disappear for the obligatory few

> weeks, or do we just wait for the "I meant to do that, I was just
> trolling" excuse..?
>
> Whatever.. - as long as he thinks it improves his credibility, I
> guess.  (O:

BWAHAHAAAAHAAAA!!! Busted once again, D-Mac!
The ultimate irony is that he created this Sarina sock to use to chide
John McWilliams for being one of my lackeys.
But believe it or not, I sympathize and understand why Douggie does
this.
You see, it really does suck to be D-Mac!

Druggie lays awake nights imagining he was a young law school
graduate, or a millionaire businessman, or a photographer with
talent. But these will always just be dreams for him. Hence, all his
dirty socks.

Message has been deleted

mark.t...@gmail.com

Dec 23, 2007, 4:15:58 PM12/23/07

I think my main concern would be the movement in leaves - it *can*
look ok... maybe on a windy day it might be worth doing a few short
exposures to freeze those bits... (and then complicate the stitching
somewhat!) It will be an interesting exercise.

Atheist Chaplain

Dec 23, 2007, 5:54:43 PM12/23/07

Don Hirschberg
<mark.t...@gmail.com> wrote in message

And so to pre-empt Douggie, my guess will be that Douggie will come back
with some frabrication that "Sarina" is a visiting friend and fellow
Professional, she was using his laptop and didnt change the profile back
completely before he (A master at writing security apps for Linux no less)
used the computer.

Isnt it funny that someone who not only used Linux but actualy took the time
to write world class Security apps for it, is still stuck in a Window
enviroment.
I would love to know the name of the Apps he wrote, I have a friend in
Romania who workes for Red Hat (though he is mainly in kernel dev) who would
be able to look up the apps for me, he might even have a working knowlege
and give a reccomendation.

What license were they written under Douggie ??

Annika1980

Dec 25, 2007, 9:40:28 AM12/25/07
On Dec 23, 5:54 pm, "Atheist Chaplain" <ab...@cia.gov> wrote:

> I would love to know the name of the Apps he wrote, I have a friend in
> Romania who workes for Red Hat (though he is mainly in kernel dev) who would
> be able to look up the apps for me, he might even have a working knowlege
> and give a reccomendation.
>
> What license were they written under Douggie ??

Well you know he can't answer that since his Linux security apps were
written for many of the major world powers (NDAs, ya know). Interpol,
the FBI, the CIA, NSA, all of them use apps written by Douggie
Dogkiller.

Atheist Chaplain

Dec 26, 2007, 3:05:42 AM12/26/07
"Annika1980" <annik...@aol.com> wrote in message

Unless he is an American Citizen and works for them in a high security job,
the CIA/NSA/FBI won't even let him near one of their secure terminals, let
alone write apps for them :-)

--
God made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?

mark.t...@gmail.com

Jan 1, 2008, 5:44:29 AM1/1/08
Off topic, just giving this a little bump for the new year...
On Dec 23 2007, 5:30 pm, "Sarina.Sarin" <sarina.sa...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> There is no embedded profile in the above image.
>
> Douglas
>
> --Sarina

Douglas, now that you are back posting as Prisilla and D...Mac,
perhaps you should return to this one....