any tips for carrying pillion?

G.K. Murdoch (Geoff)

Apr 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/1/98

I've now been riding for all of 5 months now :-)) and I feel confident
enough to go the next step, and take the girlfriend for a ride. Can anyone out
their give some advice upfront so I dont risk two lives through trial and
error?. I intend to work up to it by starting off with a spin down to the
first roundabout 1k away and then back again out of peak hour and
gradually extend from their. Any tips for the pillion too would be grateful,
as for some unknown reason she seems nervous which may affect her riding?.
Thanks in advance.
--
Geoff Murdoch (GPZ250R)

mike

Apr 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/2/98

Hi Geoff,

This is only what has worked for me, so far (*touch wood*).

Pax:

Do a briefing (even if its not necessary it gives them confidence that you know
what you're doing:-). Cover things like placement of pegs and grab rails, not
taking their feet off the pegs, just sitting there like a bag of spuds, don't put
feet on hot exhausts, "just sit there and relax" etc etc etc.

You:

Expect the bike to run wider in corners due to the changed steering geometry, so
don't enter corners too fast.
Try to keep gear shifts as smooth as possible (pillioning is good for your normal
riding), try hard to avoid snapping your pillion's head back and forth with sloppy
changes and hard accelerating and braking.
For the first few kays with someone new on the back put both of your feet on the
ground at stops.
Brake early and gently.
Don't lean too far in corners (you can expect depleted clearance with a pax).

Like I said, there are probably heaps more things, but these things have helped me
so far *touch wood*.

MIKE

Daniel Sinnott

Apr 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/2/98

G.K. Murdoch (Geoff) wrote in message ...

>I've now been riding for all of 5 months now :-)) and I feel confident
>enough to go the next step, and take the girlfriend for a ride. Can anyone
out
>their give some advice upfront so I dont risk two lives through trial and
>error?. I intend to work up to it by starting off with a spin down to the
>first roundabout 1k away and then back again out of peak hour and
>gradually extend from their. Any tips for the pillion too would be
grateful,
>as for some unknown reason she seems nervous which may affect her riding?.
>Thanks in advance.
>--
>Geoff Murdoch (GPZ250R)

Geoff

Main problem is an inexperienced pillion doesnt like leaning with the bike
and can unbalance you when turning .... solution is to have them "snuggle
up" real close to you and have them hold onto you (easier to do with
girlfriend) so that their body stays fixed to yours

Dan

Geoff...

Apr 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/2/98

Would'nt do it my self given the rammifications if anything went wrong....

but if I did I would try pillioning a motorcycle rider 1st, to get some
idea of the change in handling, then pillion the girlfriend.

Geoff (who did that sort of thing when he was too young to lose his non
exsistant licence and had no Idea of third party liability)

G.K. Murdoch (Geoff) <gkmu...@ardu.dsto.gov.au> wrote in article
<gkmurdoc....@ardu.raaf.defence.gov.au>...

Buster

Apr 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/2/98

On 1 Apr 1998, G.K. Murdoch (Geoff) wrote:

> I've now been riding for all of 5 months now :-)) and I feel confident
> enough to go the next step, and take the girlfriend for a ride. Can anyone out

Others have given you good answers but I have one thing to add. I don't
know about anybody else, but I've always found that no matter how easy I
think I take it, my pillions always say that I was accelerating and
braking too hard for them. So really, really take it easy and remember
that they feel the acceleration, braking, bumps, and speed much more than
you do. I've had pillions at a cruisy 100km/h and they get off afterwards
and have a go at me for going so fast. I tell them I was only going at a
hundred k's and they don't believe me.

Katcha,
Buster
'85 Katana 750 "Katja"

Shawn Foo

Apr 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/2/98

>Others have given you good answers but I have one thing to add. I don't
>know about anybody else, but I've always found that no matter how easy I
>think I take it, my pillions always say that I was accelerating and
>braking too hard for them. So really, really take it easy and remember
>that they feel the acceleration, braking, bumps, and speed much more than
>you do. I've had pillions at a cruisy 100km/h and they get off afterwards
>and have a go at me for going so fast. I tell them I was only going at a
>hundred k's and they don't believe me.

I remember rocking up to the church carpark one morning. A friend of mine
sees me and says she wants to jump on the back. Fine, I say (ok, I know I'm
not supposed to.. blah blah.. ;) It's about 20m to the front door where I
usually park anyway.. So she jumps on the back, I start going really slow.
I mean, really slow cause I didn't want to scare her or have her (or me)
fall off or anything. So I'm going about walking pace.. the pace you go
at when doing the 'slow ride' for your L's in Vic.
She starts screaming, slow down! Don't go so fast!
Yikes! I say, I can't go any slower!

Shawn

snail

Apr 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/2/98

G.K. Murdoch (Geoff) wrote:

> I've now been riding for all of 5 months now :-)) and I feel confident
> enough to go the next step, and take the girlfriend for a ride.

G'day

All the other advice is sound. However, there is always a however isn't
there, rather than take the girl friend or a bike rider, take an
experienced pillion. In my experience riders don't make good passengers.
I know I don't. Unless you are both deeply committed to each other,
taking the girlfriend when you are still learning, and you are, could be
the recipe for a quick separation. [no pun intended]

regards

Ps

Zebee Johnstone

Apr 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/2/98

In aus.motorcycles on 1 Apr 98 23:16:22 GMT

G.K. Murdoch (Geoff) <gkmu...@ardu.dsto.gov.au> wrote:

>I've now been riding for all of 5 months now :-)) and I feel confident
>enough to go the next step, and take the girlfriend for a ride. Can anyone out
>their give some advice upfront so I dont risk two lives through trial and
>error?. I intend to work up to it by starting off with a spin down to the
>first roundabout 1k away and then back again out of peak hour and
>gradually extend from their. Any tips for the pillion too would be grateful,
>as for some unknown reason she seems nervous which may affect her riding?.

Umm.. are you legal to carry a pillion? I don;t know the law
where you live, but be sure you are legal.

Because if you are not and you do have an accident, your pillion gets
no 3rd party.

There was some good advice given a few months back on this - try dejanews
at http://www.dejanews.com/home_ps.shtml. search aus.motorcycles
for posts with "pillion" in the subject, you'll see quite a bit
of useful info.

Main thing is to get the pillion to relax and keep he rbody aligned with
yours, not to lean one side or the other, and for you to be *very*
smooth.

You'll find the smooth part hard. If you've only been riding for 5 months,
bet you find its that hardest part :)

Zebee

Phil Lewis

Apr 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/2/98

>Umm.. are you legal to carry a pillion? I don;t know the law
>where you live, but be sure you are legal.

This is a good point.. as far as I know.. (at least in Victoria this is the
case) You can't carry a pillion for the first 12 months.. The way I figure
it.. these rules are put in place for a good reason: yours and your
pillions' safety. No sense in tempting fate by jumping in too early!

I've just gotten my L's in the last couple of days.. can't wait to get out
on the road.. <nervous twitch> but I can tell you.. I have no qualms about
waiting until I have bags of road experience behind me before I go carrying
*anyone* let alone the one I love! Mind you.. there are a few undesirables I
could practise on! <grin>

Cheers,

Phil

Shawn Foo

Apr 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/3/98

In <6g04aa$1t3$1...@toto.tig.com.au> "Phil Lewis" <fat...@tig.com.au> writes:

>I've just gotten my L's in the last couple of days.. can't wait to get out
>on the road.. <nervous twitch> but I can tell you.. I have no qualms about
>waiting until I have bags of road experience behind me before I go carrying
>*anyone* let alone the one I love! Mind you.. there are a few undesirables I
>could practise on! <grin>

Hello Phil,

Congratulations on getting your L's.
You're new around here are ya?
And you thought you could just sneak in and we wouldn't notice? ;)

Come on.. you now have to spill the beans..
What bike are you riding (do you want to ride)?
Does your bike fall apart and is it hard to start?
Did you have any Mum/family/SO troubles?
What do you think of time travel?
Do you like kit-kats?
Have you had a bex and a good lie down recently?
Can you countersteer on a shaft driven bike? ;)

We're waiting! :)

Shawn

NZMSC

Apr 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/3/98

Shawn wrote:
> Come on.. you now have to spill the beans..
> What bike are you riding (do you want to ride)?
> Does your bike fall apart and is it hard to start?
> Did you have any Mum/family/SO troubles?
> What do you think of time travel?
> Do you like kit-kats?
> Have you had a bex and a good lie down recently?
> Can you countersteer on a shaft driven bike? ;)
>
> We're waiting! :)

Don't tell them, Phil! (A) If your bike's better than theirs, they'll be
jealous. (B) If you don't have Mum/Family/SO troubles, they'll be jealous.
(C) They want to know what you think of time travel so they can say, if
your bike is better than theirs, that the one they have is actually a
future model that just doesn't run well on this century's petrol. (D) Never
admit that you like Kitkats or Sam may visit, hoping that you keep a secret
horde somewhere. (E) Don't answer about the bex and lie down because if you
have, it casts light on (B). (F) Never, ever answer this
shaftdrive/countersteering thing, or you will start a thread so long
several Asian ladies could use it and keep in work for a week making famous
brandname garments. Just keep Mum, Phil. Don't tell 'em a thing! ;-)

By the way, have you been through a riding course?

Allan

vvande...@newsmail.tafensw.edu.au

Apr 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/3/98

In article <gkmurdoc....@ardu.raaf.defence.gov.au>, gkmu...@ardu.dsto.gov.au (G.K. Murdoch (Geoff)) writes:
> I've now been riding for all of 5 months now :-)) and I feel confident
> enough to go the next step, and take the girlfriend for a ride. Can anyone out
> their give some advice upfront so I dont risk two lives through trial and
> error?. I intend to work up to it by starting off with a spin down to the
> first roundabout 1k away and then back again out of peak hour and
> gradually extend from their. Any tips for the pillion too would be grateful,
> as for some unknown reason she seems nervous which may affect her riding?.
> Thanks in advance.
> --
> Geoff Murdoch (GPZ250R)

Hi Geoff

Having been the pillion for years I have found that these tips help new
pillions (for the few times when I've graciously sacrfificed my position as
pillion):-

1. only cuddle down close to rider at reasonably low speed

2. at higher speeds hold on to the hand grips

3. just sit like a bag of spuds (for want of a better description)

4. when leaning in a corner - dont try to lean but turn your head in the
opposite direction to the corner and it goes to the same angle sort of as that
of the rider (for some reason the riders head stays upright and the pillion
needs to do the same thing so that dont get that falling feeling). This is the
best way Ive found to get the correct lean as a pillion.

Ive seen a drawing of the riders position (I think in Stay Upright Book) and I
think that is how they explained it too. Maybe the more experienced here can
explain it better than I can.

Voke

Voke Vandergaast Title: Student Services Officer
Cooma Campus Phone: (02) 64520746
Illawarra Fax: (02) 64520755
TAFE NSW, Australia Internet: VOKE.VAN...@tafensw.edu.au

John

Apr 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/3/98

Shawn,
You simply must stop mixing the Bex and Kitkats together!
It's bad for your mental health. :-)
John.
Shawn Foo <sh...@tusc.com.au> wrote in article
> Hello Phil,
>
> Congratulations on getting your L's.
> You're new around here are ya?
> And you thought you could just sneak in and we wouldn't notice? ;)
>
> Come on.. you now have to spill the beans..
> What bike are you riding (do you want to ride)?
> Does your bike fall apart and is it hard to start?
> Did you have any Mum/family/SO troubles?
> What do you think of time travel?
> Do you like kit-kats?
> Have you had a bex and a good lie down recently?
> Can you countersteer on a shaft driven bike? ;)
>
> We're waiting! :)
>

> Shawn

Balrog

Apr 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/3/98

G.K. Murdoch (Geoff) wrote:

> I've now been riding for all of 5 months now :-)) and I feel confident
> enough to go the next step, and take the girlfriend for a ride. Can anyone out
> their give some advice upfront so I dont risk two lives through trial and
> error?. I intend to work up to it by starting off with a spin down to the
> first roundabout 1k away and then back again out of peak hour and
> gradually extend from their. Any tips for the pillion too would be grateful,
> as for some unknown reason she seems nervous which may affect her riding?.
> Thanks in advance.
> --
Geoff Murdoch (GPZ250R)

One thing is to not let the person n the back scared in any way. I know
when I am on the back of a bike (which is something I despise) I hate it
when the person riding lets go of the bars with one hand, I know its
fine when *I* do it but when they do I hate it. Call me paranoid!

On the same note, dont go too quick, make sure they hold on and dont
move/jiggle around at all. Even the person moving thier head around a
lot can cause a few problemos!

Also expect a big loss of performance, especially on a little 250
Balrog
GSX-R750 (bent and battered)

Phil Lewis

Apr 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/3/98

Shawn Foo wrote in message <6g19an$q...@ephor.tusc.com.au>...

>In <6g04aa$1t3$1...@toto.tig.com.au> "Phil Lewis" <fat...@tig.com.au> writes:
>

>Hello Phil,

Hiya

>Congratulations on getting your L's.

Ta

>You're new around here are ya?

Big Time

>And you thought you could just sneak in and we wouldn't notice? ;)

I tried my darndest! (Is that how you spell it?)

>Come on.. you now have to spill the beans..

Done that already.. was trying to extract an open half-empty tin of beans
from the fridge for lunch today.. went everywhere! (Serious!)

>What bike are you riding (do you want to ride)?

Now here's the hard part... The CBR has got me by the 'nads (am I allowed to
say that?) at this stage.. but I dunno if it would be too powerful and too
sorta bent-over for me.. I kinda like the feel of the upright types... I
also figure if I get a Road/Trail to learn on.. when my L's are up I can
then go and blow loads of dosh on an el-supremo hoon machine
(Fireblade/Ninja/Ducati?) and keep the L's bike for paddock bashing!

>Does your bike fall apart and is it hard to start?

Yup.. at the moment the damn thing won't start at all.. I keep telling the
guy at the bike shop to put some petrol in it for me, but he reckons I have
to buy the thing first... Salesman logic.. sheesh! ;-)

>Did you have any Mum/family/SO troubles?

The first two were a breeze... I have no idea what SO means..... I can only
presume it's got something to do with the chicky-babe.. and well.. she was a
snap.. I just promised her that when she eventually goes pillion.. it'll
look really cool! <grin>

>What do you think of time travel?

No comment

>Do you like kit-kats?

I've been warned about this question....

>Have you had a bex and a good lie down recently?

No comment!

>Can you countersteer on a shaft driven bike? ;)

I can't even begin to think about possibly attempting to answer this
question.. further to that I've been told it's a surefire recipe for
disaster <the question that is> so.. again.. no comment! ;-)

>We're waiting! :)

Wait no more!

>Shawn

Phil....

ps.. <Hushed tones> Thanks to certain people for the advice on above suspect
questions.. (you know who you are)

Phil Lewis

Apr 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/3/98

NZMSC wrote in message <01bd5ee6$9e5fa800$a43161cb@default>...

>By the way, have you been through a riding course?
>
>Allan

Hey Allan,

Thanks for the advice re: Kit Kat's and Bex.... it came in mighty handy!

Actually I did do a course.. I did the two-day Introductory course with
H.A.R.T., which finished up with the Learners test (written and riding).
Needless to say I passed and am now frantically looking around at the myriad
of bikes on the market!

Mind you.. I got no money at this stage... but I figure if I get all my
shopping out of the way now.. by the time I'm finished.. I should be able to
afford one! lol!

And when I do...... I'll be out on the Hume Highway (dodging trucks) quicker
than you can say "Would you like fries with that?"

Cheers,

Phil

Sam Michaelson

Apr 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/6/98

Phil Lewis wrote:

> Shawn Foo wrote in message

> > "Phil Lewis" <fat...@tig.com.au> writes:
> >
> >You're new around here are ya?
>
> Big Time
>
> >And you thought you could just sneak in and we wouldn't notice? ;)

> I tried my darndest! (Is that how you spell it?)

Ha! I knew that there was somebody there, because Shiva the virtual
tiger kept sniffing around the monitor.....

But, belatedly, welcome, Phil.

> >Come on.. you now have to spill the beans..
>
> Done that already.. was trying to extract an open half-empty tin of
> beans
> from the fridge for lunch today.. went everywhere! (Serious!)

No problem, just let the dog inside.....

> >What bike are you riding (do you want to ride)?
>
> Now here's the hard part... The CBR has got me by the 'nads (am I
> allowed to
> say that?)

That's very egalitarian of you :-)

> >Did you have any Mum/family/SO troubles?
>
> The first two were a breeze... I have no idea what SO means.....

Stands for 'Significant Other', a non-specific term for the important
primate in your life.

> I can only
> presume it's got something to do with the chicky-babe.. and well.. she
> was a
> snap.. I just promised her that when she eventually goes pillion..
> it'll
> look really cool! <grin>

Aha! We have an aspirant to poseurism in our midst! You'll find many
competent role models here.

> >What do you think of time travel?
>
> No comment

Just so long as you don't claim to have been using the internet before
it existed - otherwise, we'll have to eviscerate you and use your
intestines to cast spells. (If you were using the internet before it
existed, it's probably best to keep quiet about it).

> >Do you like kit-kats?
>
> I've been warned about this question....

Yes, but *do* you like kit-kats? (Kit-kats the chocolate bar, not
kitty-cat.) C'mon, we're all friends here. Nobody's going to do
anything untoward. (Unless you say "No I don't like kitkats", in which
case I will jump up and down and yell "PERVERT PERVERT" while pointing
at you.)

> >Have you had a bex and a good lie down recently?
>
> No comment!

If you hang about on aus.moto for any length of time, sooner or later
you will be very grateful for a Bex And A Good Lie Down. The physics
lessons alone always give me a shocking headache.

> >Can you countersteer on a shaft driven bike? ;)
>
> I can't even begin to think about possibly attempting to answer this
> question.. further to that I've been told it's a surefire recipe for
> disaster <the question that is> so.. again.. no comment! ;-)
>

> ps.. <Hushed tones> Thanks to certain people for the advice on above
> suspect
> questions.. (you know who you are)

Whilst we're on the subject of warnings, I'd better warn you about the
guy who warned you - it doesn't matter what you answer to these
questions, once you've given your answers, Allan will pop up and give
what he thinks your answer should've been. He's easy to spot, just
watch for a cloud of chalk dust on the horizon.....

And watch out for Shawn, the 100% Foo-based product. He's an
unrepentant punner - you'll get used to Shawn's current puns with your
morning tea - and not A Nice Boy at all. He gets really strange when he
forgets to take his medication, and he even enjoys being <whap>ed. You
can trust me totally on this, because I am the sanest and most sensible
group of people on aus.moto (just ask any of me).

Sam (Boadicea's Mummy)

Shawn Foo

Apr 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/6/98

In <35286D4D...@dsto.defence.gov.au.ANTISPAM> Sam Michaelson <sam.mic...@dsto.defence.gov.au.ANTISPAM> writes:

>Phil Lewis wrote:

>> Shawn Foo wrote in message

[snip]

>> >Do you like kit-kats?
>>
>> I've been warned about this question....

>Yes, but *do* you like kit-kats? (Kit-kats the chocolate bar, not
>kitty-cat.) C'mon, we're all friends here. Nobody's going to do
>anything untoward. (Unless you say "No I don't like kitkats", in which
>case I will jump up and down and yell "PERVERT PERVERT" while pointing
>at you.)

I may even add fuel to the fire by asking,
Do you like the orange flavoured Kit-Kats?

[snip]

>Whilst we're on the subject of warnings, I'd better warn you about the
>guy who warned you - it doesn't matter what you answer to these
>questions, once you've given your answers, Allan will pop up and give
>what he thinks your answer should've been. He's easy to spot, just
>watch for a cloud of chalk dust on the horizon.....

Just make sure you post in a 'professional manner'.. ;)
And after you post, analyse what any potential questions or responses might be
and form a pre-planned packet response to those potential posts. Hence, if
someone does post something, then you will be able to grab the pre-planned
packet and just type out your response without having to think too much..
;)

>And watch out for Shawn, the 100% Foo-based product. He's an
>unrepentant punner - you'll get used to Shawn's current puns with your
>morning tea - and not A Nice Boy at all. He gets really strange when he
>forgets to take his medication, and he even enjoys being <whap>ed. You
>can trust me totally on this, because I am the sanest and most sensible
>group of people on aus.moto (just ask any of me).

This from someone who keeps intestines on her shelf.
Watch out for Shiva or you may get tiger poo flung at you..

Watch out for Cam who is the other multi-personality-overcrowded-body-and-mind
person around here... I still reckon Sam and Cam are somehow related, but I
can't prove it..

And finally watch out for Geoff. He's being trained by Sam in the art of
<whap>'ing. John probably reckons that it's this mind-over-body thing that
lets him ride a Bandit 1200 w/o feeling the vibration. Don't ride
near Geoff on net rides either.. especially if your bike has a nice custom
paint job. His bike Doolan will get jealous and will kick dust over it..
and if you've got a small bike, they'll probably stamp their authority over
you by passing you at a great rate of knots...
Not that I would know anything about that of course... :)

Oh, so many people to warn you about...so little space..
umm.. Don't ever say 'left foot down/right foot up' to Zebee..
Don't ever say anything about helmet or drink-driving laws to anyone named Cam.
Don't use multiple exclamation marks without Robyn's!! permission..
Don't ever use 'fsck' without Sharkey-the-sysop's permission..
Don't mention fishnet stockings to Jeffles..
Make sure you only buy approved aus.moto products from Kevin...

Oops.. my thirty seconds is up and they're starting to play the music...
To anyone I've left out, beware of them all!

Shawn

Phil Lewis

Apr 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/6/98

Sam Michaelson wrote in message
<35286D4D...@dsto.defence.gov.au.ANTISPAM>...

<slice'n'dice>

>Ha! I knew that there was somebody there, because Shiva the virtual
>tiger kept sniffing around the monitor.....

I have a policy of no pets near my PC. Nothing worse than Virtual urine on
your keyboard, least of all the real thing!

>But, belatedly, welcome, Phil.

Domo arigato gozaimasu.. Egads!.. I've been living with Japanese students
for too long!.. Yes, your honor.. I *do* like Sushi and I'm so ashamed! Oh
woe is me!! (hold the wasabi though.. <hack cough>)

>No problem, just let the dog inside.....

See aforementioned policy.. it applies to my fridge as well.

>Stands for 'Significant Other', a non-specific term for the important
>primate in your life.

Is that old-world or new-world primate? It makes a difference you know.. if
she's new world, then our kids might come out looking *strange*!

>Aha! We have an aspirant to poseurism in our midst! You'll find many
>competent role models here.

Oh I see.. so vanity is openly encouraged then? Or is it simply tolerated by
those with higher priorities in life?

>Just so long as you don't claim to have been using the internet before
>it existed - otherwise, we'll have to eviscerate you and use your
>intestines to cast spells. (If you were using the internet before it
>existed, it's probably best to keep quiet about it).

<Clutching abdomen tightly> YES! I was using the internet before it began! I
am Merlin's great great grandson! I invented the world! You are all my
puppets! BWaaaahhaaaaahhhaaa! <maniacal laughter while running down the
street naked>

>Yes, but *do* you like kit-kats? (Kit-kats the chocolate bar, not
>kitty-cat.) C'mon, we're all friends here. Nobody's going to do
>anything untoward. (Unless you say "No I don't like kitkats", in which
>case I will jump up and down and yell "PERVERT PERVERT" while pointing
>at you.)

Let me give you a hint... NO. I HATE KIT-KATS! And I'm proud of it too!
<Hopping along jauntily> I hate kit kats la de da.. Kit Kat's are gross..
dum de doo.. They only exist as food in the zoo... tum tiddly tum...

>If you hang about on aus.moto for any length of time, sooner or later
>you will be very grateful for a Bex And A Good Lie Down. The physics
>lessons alone always give me a shocking headache.

Hmm.. at least you manage to stay awake in physics lessons.. I can count on
two hands the number of times I have been woken by lecturers (much to my
embarrassment).. "Come on Phil.. only 15 minutes to go.. you can do it.."

>Whilst we're on the subject of warnings, I'd better warn you about the
>guy who warned you - it doesn't matter what you answer to these
>questions, once you've given your answers, Allan will pop up and give
>what he thinks your answer should've been. He's easy to spot, just
>watch for a cloud of chalk dust on the horizon.....

I'm still waiting for proof of this claim.. You'd better hope you're right!
Or..or.. Allan will gitcha! (won'tcha?)

>And watch out for Shawn, the 100% Foo-based product. He's an
>unrepentant punner - you'll get used to Shawn's current puns with your
>morning tea - and not A Nice Boy at all. He gets really strange when he
>forgets to take his medication, and he even enjoys being <whap>ed. You
>can trust me totally on this, because I am the sanest and most sensible
>group of people on aus.moto (just ask any of me).

Wasn't Foo banned by the FDA in the 'States as an additive? I heard it
caused fits of recidivist behaviour, most notably in one case, where an
unfortunate individual, after consuming a moderate quantity of ToFoo <you
mentioned puns?> was discovered posing naked on the front lawn of the White
House in a Ronald Reagan Mask that he had stolen from the set of "Point
Break" (has that ever happened to you, Shawn?)

As for you Sam, I can only hope that whatever drugs your specialist has
prescribed for you, you take double.... ;-)

Cheers,

Phil..

ps Ta for the witty reply.. I'm beginning to like this Newsgroup! Well.. ok
I admit it.. I liked it from the beginning.

Phil Lewis

Apr 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/6/98

[gut]

>I may even add fuel to the fire by asking,
>Do you like the orange flavoured Kit-Kats?

May I say this.... The concept of orange and chocolate as a combined flavour
has eluded me for some time now. To be downright blunt, I find it utterly
repugnant, not unlike rubbing your nose in a bucket of Jim-Beam scented
vomit.. yes I believe that *is* an accurate description..

>[snip]

>Just make sure you post in a 'professional manner'.. ;)
>And after you post, analyse what any potential questions or responses might
be
>and form a pre-planned packet response to those potential posts. Hence, if
>someone does post something, then you will be able to grab the pre-planned
>packet and just type out your response without having to think too much..
>;)

I make a point of never pre-planning anything, least of all packets! (sorry)

[chop]

>This from someone who keeps intestines on her shelf.
>Watch out for Shiva or you may get tiger poo flung at you..

I really am worried about that(those) woman(en)...

>Watch out for Cam who is the other
multi-personality-overcrowded-body-and-mind
>person around here... I still reckon Sam and Cam are somehow related, but I
>can't prove it..

So.. sort of like Sam TouCam on the FrootLoops box? is that it? (Let me take
this opportunity to say that it *is* ok for adults to eat FrootLoops, and
they are much nicer than CocoPops)

>And finally watch out for Geoff. He's being trained by Sam in the art of
><whap>'ing. John probably reckons that it's this mind-over-body thing that

Mind over body.. what else is there? Of course, if you sit on your head...

>lets him ride a Bandit 1200 w/o feeling the vibration. Don't ride
>near Geoff on net rides either.. especially if your bike has a nice custom
>paint job. His bike Doolan will get jealous and will kick dust over it..

I've seen this Doolan word being bandied <pun!> about a few times now.. wtf
is it?

>and if you've got a small bike, they'll probably stamp their authority over
>you by passing you at a great rate of knots...
>Not that I would know anything about that of course... :)

Oh don't worry, I've already prepared myself for the indignity of being
overtaken profusely by Powerfully Horsed motorbikes... 'tis my lot in life I
guess.. at least for 12 months anyway.

>Oh, so many people to warn you about...so little space..
>umm.. Don't ever say 'left foot down/right foot up' to Zebee..
>Don't ever say anything about helmet or drink-driving laws to anyone named
Cam.
>Don't use multiple exclamation marks without Robyn's!! permission..
>Don't ever use 'fsck' without Sharkey-the-sysop's permission..
>Don't mention fishnet stockings to Jeffles..
>Make sure you only buy approved aus.moto products from Kevin...

Let's see now.. to recap, that is.. don't say anything. Right, got that.
Don't *do* anything. Ok, I can handle it. Only buy aus.moto products? And
only from Kevin at that? Hey! That's Internet communism! Socialist! I'm
being repressed!

>Oops.. my thirty seconds is up and they're starting to play the music...
>To anyone I've left out, beware of them all!

To <attempt to> quote Cuba Gooding, Jr. "And when the music begins to play..
KEEP TALKING! Just talk right over it!"

Phil

John

Apr 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/6/98

Sirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Phil, You DON'T know of Doolan? Why sir, I will inform you that the name
Doolan is the trade mark of one G. Hansford. esq. This person, once riled
will rip the spark plugs out of your bike quicker than Robyn!! can spell
mmmonster!
Do Not, repeat, DO NOT, use the word Doolan in jest!!

Be warned!! If Geoff doesn't get you, Doolan will!!

John.

Phil Lewis <fat...@nospam.tig.com.au> wrote in article
<6gae47$l7v$1...@toto.tig.com.au>...

NZMSC

Apr 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/6/98

Sam Michaelson wrote
> Whilst we're on the subject of warnings, I'd better warn you about the
> guy who warned you - it doesn't matter what you answer to these
> questions, once you've given your answers, Allan will pop up and give
> what he thinks your answer should've been. He's easy to spot, just
> watch for a cloud of chalk dust on the horizon.....

Some people, young Samantha, give their elders their due and will listen
respectfully (before turning away and laughing their heads off).
And I will have you know that the only time there is a cloud of chalk dust
near me is when a meter maid has just paid unwelcome attention to my parked
motorcycle and I wish to remove the offensive chalk mark.
Furthermore, I gave up giving what I thought the answer should be when you
started breaking apart bars of Kitkats, muttering "This is his neck, this
is his nose, this is an arm". I left before you got too far down the
body... I must admit I occassionally post what I think are good answers
from someone else but you're just jealous because I haven't put your
answers at the top of the list.
Phil, being a newcomer to motorcycling and this newsgroup will no doubt
make his own mind up about all of this after being on the newsgroup for a
while - probably with the help and assurance of the psychiatrist he will
have consulted by then.

Allan

Shawn Foo

Apr 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/7/98

In <6gaclg$kh4$1...@toto.tig.com.au> "Phil Lewis" <fat...@nospam.tig.com.au> writes:

>Sam Michaelson wrote in message
><35286D4D...@dsto.defence.gov.au.ANTISPAM>...

><slice'n'dice>
<but wait, you also get a free set of steak knives!>

>>Ha! I knew that there was somebody there, because Shiva the virtual
>>tiger kept sniffing around the monitor.....

>I have a policy of no pets near my PC. Nothing worse than Virtual urine on
>your keyboard, least of all the real thing!

Well, if you read this ng during morning tea, be warned that you may get
a coffee/biscuit/snot mix ending up in your keyboard..
having stuff come out your nose coz' you laughed while drinking is something
everyone should experience.. just watch out for hot or fizzy drinks.. :)

>>But, belatedly, welcome, Phil.
>>
>Domo arigato gozaimasu.. Egads!.. I've been living with Japanese students
>for too long!.. Yes, your honor.. I *do* like Sushi and I'm so ashamed! Oh
>woe is me!! (hold the wasabi though.. <hack cough>)

Dare you to eat a whole wasabi ball!

>>Aha! We have an aspirant to poseurism in our midst! You'll find many
>>competent role models here.
>>
>Oh I see.. so vanity is openly encouraged then? Or is it simply tolerated by
>those with higher priorities in life?

Originality is encouraged.
Applications to Zebee, keeper of the Poser Permits.

>>Just so long as you don't claim to have been using the internet before
>>it existed - otherwise, we'll have to eviscerate you and use your
>>intestines to cast spells. (If you were using the internet before it
>>existed, it's probably best to keep quiet about it).
>>
><Clutching abdomen tightly> YES! I was using the internet before it began! I
>am Merlin's great great grandson! I invented the world! You are all my
>puppets! BWaaaahhaaaaahhhaaa! <maniacal laughter while running down the
>street naked>

you squid!
put your leathers back on now!
Humans are water cooled, not air cooled!
(But don't zip up your jacket, you're about to get cliffykinned... )

>>Yes, but *do* you like kit-kats? (Kit-kats the chocolate bar, not
>>kitty-cat.) C'mon, we're all friends here. Nobody's going to do
>>anything untoward. (Unless you say "No I don't like kitkats", in which
>>case I will jump up and down and yell "PERVERT PERVERT" while pointing
>>at you.)
>>
>Let me give you a hint... NO. I HATE KIT-KATS! And I'm proud of it too!
><Hopping along jauntily> I hate kit kats la de da.. Kit Kat's are gross..
>dum de doo.. They only exist as food in the zoo... tum tiddly tum...

You're a real pervert huh? Next thing you know, Sam might find you standing
outside her window watching her froth at the mouth...

Whats the *tzing* *tzing* sound I hear??

>Wasn't Foo banned by the FDA in the 'States as an additive?

Yes, I'm a really good additive. I can do subtraction and multiplication too!
The FDA (Federal Dumb Asses) in the 'States didn't like me reciting my
times tables without a a calculator..

>I heard it
>caused fits of recidivist behaviour, most notably in one case, where an
>unfortunate individual, after consuming a moderate quantity of ToFoo <you
>mentioned puns?> was discovered posing naked on the front lawn of the White
>House in a Ronald Reagan Mask that he had stolen from the set of "Point
>Break" (has that ever happened to you, Shawn?)

Well, the last time I consumed moderate quantities of myself, I yelled
out in pain "Argh! mmmm.. I taste like chicken.."
And I would never pose in a Ronald Reagan Mask.. the wind might change
direction and I'd be stuck that way for life...

Although, when I was a kid I use to stand in places of uncertain wind direction
and act like Sean Connery. The only thing that stuck was a similar sounding
name...

Shawn

Sam Michaelson

Apr 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/7/98

Phil Lewis wrote:

> Sam Michaelson wrote

> >Ha! I knew that there was somebody there, because Shiva the virtual
> >tiger kept sniffing around the monitor.....
>
> I have a policy of no pets near my PC. Nothing worse than Virtual
> urine on
> your keyboard, least of all the real thing!

You should see the state of the hard drive when it's time to change the
litter tray.....

> >But, belatedly, welcome, Phil.
> >
> Domo arigato gozaimasu..

Doo itashimashite.

> >SO stands for 'Significant Other', a non-specific term for the

> important
> >primate in your life.
>
> Is that old-world or new-world primate? It makes a difference you
> know.. if
> she's new world, then our kids might come out looking *strange*!

The RSPCA might take an inconvenient interest in your personal life,
too.....

> >Aha! We have an aspirant to poseurism in our midst! You'll find
> many
> >competent role models here.
>
> Oh I see.. so vanity is openly encouraged then? Or is it simply
> tolerated by
> those with higher priorities in life?

Not just encouraged - it's cultivated, yea, even rewarded! All you have
to do is impress Aunty Zebee, High Priestess of the Siblinghood of
Poserdom, with your motorcycle-based poseurism, and you too could earn a
coveted Poser Permit!

> >Just so long as you don't claim to have been using the internet
> before
> >it existed - otherwise, we'll have to eviscerate you and use your
> >intestines to cast spells. (If you were using the internet before it
>
> >existed, it's probably best to keep quiet about it).
>
> <Clutching abdomen tightly> YES! I was using the internet before it
> began! I
> am Merlin's great great grandson! I invented the world! You are all my
>
> puppets! BWaaaahhaaaaahhhaaa! <maniacal laughter while running down
> the
> street naked>

Ooo boy, we got a live one here.....

> >Yes, but *do* you like kit-kats?

> Let me give you a hint... NO. I HATE KIT-KATS! And I'm proud of it

> too!
> <Hopping along jauntily> I hate kit kats la de da..

Heathen. And you came across as such a nice boy, too. :-(

> I'm still waiting for proof of this claim.. You'd better hope you're
> right!
> Or..or.. Allan will gitcha! (won'tcha?)

Allan knows that he is free to pop down to the cyberdojo anytime, and 1)
discuss his philosophies with, or 2) put that lovely flea collar on,
Ermintrude Kennaniwhacker, sandan in Bookido (the Way of the Ledger).

> As for you Sam, I can only hope that whatever drugs your specialist
> has
> prescribed for you, you take double.... ;-)

Don't you go casting nastirtiums on me! I reiterate my claim that I am
the most rational, sensible and sane group of people on aus.moto. Just
between you and me, though, watch out for everyone else. Mad as cut
snakes, the lot of 'em.

Sam (Boadicea's Mummy)

Sam Michaelson

Apr 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/7/98

Phil Lewis wrote:
and so did the Fooster:

> >I may even add fuel to the fire by asking,
> >Do you like the orange flavoured Kit-Kats?
>
> May I say this.... The concept of orange and chocolate as a combined
> flavour
> has eluded me for some time now. To be downright blunt, I find it
> utterly
> repugnant, not unlike rubbing your nose in a bucket of Jim-Beam
> scented
> vomit.. yes I believe that *is* an accurate description..

Well done! Ah, it's so good to have another moral purist on board - we
have to stand firm against the lesser morality of the masses who would
adulterate the holy Kitkat, brother Phil! (As you have probably
guessed, owning up to liking orange Kitkats will also result in me
jumping up and down and screaming "PERVERT!" whilst pointing at you).

> >This from someone who keeps intestines on her shelf.
> >Watch out for Shiva or you may get tiger poo flung at you..
>
> I really am worried about that(those) woman(en)...

You have absolutely nothing to worry about, especially as you are a
Fellow Despiser Of Orange Adulterated Kitkats. Just ask anyone how nice
I am. You tell him, Allan <tzing tzing tzing tzing> I'm really
Sweetness and Light Personified, aren't we?

> I've seen this Doolan word being bandied <pun!> about a few times
> now.. wtf
> is it?

Doolan is Geoff-san's trust steed, a Bandit 1200.

(Shawn was going to call his bike Doolan, because it holds people up on
public highways, but Geoff-san used it first..... :-) )

> Let's see now.. to recap, that is.. don't say anything. Right, got
> that.
> Don't *do* anything. Ok, I can handle it. Only buy aus.moto products?
> And
> only from Kevin at that? Hey! That's Internet communism! Socialist!
> I'm
> being repressed!

Come and see the violence inherent in the newsgroup!Help help, we've
being oppressed!

Oh. Was I ranting again? Sorry. Sorry. Probably just need the
ever-popular BAAGLD.

<slinks off to tearoom>

Sam (Boadicea's Mummy)

Shawn Foo

Apr 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/7/98

In <352971D1...@dsto.defence.gov.au.ANTISPAM> Sam Michaelson <sam.mic...@dsto.defence.gov.au.ANTISPAM> writes:

>Doolan is Geoff-san's trust steed, a Bandit 1200.

>(Shawn was going to call his bike Doolan, because it holds people up on
>public highways, but Geoff-san used it first..... :-) )

Why you little...
IF I weren't outnumbered four to one, I'd teach you a lesson or two!

..probably in Physics, 'cause I know how much that makes your head hurt...
(must all those personalities trying to escape..

:D

Shawn

Cam Botherway

Apr 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/7/98
to Shawn Foo

On 6 Apr 1998, Shawn Foo wrote:

> Watch out for Cam who is the other multi-personality-overcrowded-body-and-mind
> person around here... I still reckon Sam and Cam are somehow related, but I
> can't prove it..

Hey!! I resemble that remark. In fact we all do.

> near Geoff on net rides either.. especially if your bike has a nice custom
> paint job. His bike Doolan will get jealous and will kick dust over it..

Now now, it's not really fair to blame Doolan for that. Kahu's the one
who's always strutting around like he's cock of the walk. Short, err I
mean small bike complex. (Have you ever noticed that a woman's bitchiness
- particularly amongst the nightlife variety - is inverse proportional to
her height??)

> Don't ever say anything about helmet or drink-driving laws to anyone
> named Cam.

Now I'm completely lost. Did I say that? Did any of me say that??
Must've been another insidious clone, vying for the supreme position in
our quest for world domination. B-)

Katchya - Cam Botherway Te Kahutoa - Kawasaki Custom Special
[XO456] PP#456, KotDOTFM, AM Flagship

Email : came...@minyos.its.rmit.edu.au Our models dressed
WWWeb : http://minyos.its.rmit.edu.au/~cameronb by Chez Kev

Zebee Johnstone

Apr 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/7/98

In aus.motorcycles on Tue, 7 Apr 1998 12:48:14 +1000

Cam Botherway <s960...@minyos.its.rmit.EDU.AU> wrote:
>On 6 Apr 1998, Shawn Foo wrote:
>

>> Don't ever say anything about helmet or drink-driving laws to anyone
>> named Cam.
>
> Now I'm completely lost. Did I say that? Did any of me say that??

Must have gone right over your head? Didn't follow the chain of
reasoning?

I'm home sick - that's my excuse.

Zebee

fat...@tig.com.au

Apr 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/21/98

In article <6gbtm4$b...@ephor.tusc.com.au>#1/1,
sh...@tusc.com.au (Shawn Foo) wrote:

<cleave>

> Well, if you read this ng during morning tea, be warned that you may get
> a coffee/biscuit/snot mix ending up in your keyboard..
> having stuff come out your nose coz' you laughed while drinking is something
> everyone should experience.. just watch out for hot or fizzy drinks.. :)

In answer to the above question, yes I do read/drink during morning tea.
Morning tea lasts all day for me! (The perils of being unemployed you see.
Only temporarily though, I do have a bike to save up for you know!) I don't
eat biscuits, and I gave up snorting foodstuffs years ago. I found drugs had
more of a desired effect (Now I *am* joking, children). Did you ever see that
guy drink coke through his nose on Hey Hey? <shudder>

> Dare you to eat a whole wasabi ball!

Not on your life! Actually I do have a funny story about wasabe. My brother
convinced a friend of mine that the lovely little green tube in his hand was
full of "Japanese sweet paste" and that he should suck on it and give the
stuff a taste. Needless to say, our water bill was high for that month and my
brother got corns on his feet from running!

> Originality is encouraged.
> Applications to Zebee, keeper of the Poser Permits.

I tell you what. When I get my rig happening, I'll post a scanned piccy for
Zebee's evaluation. Should I do my hair? Maybe a perm would look nice
<ponce/swank>

> you squid!
> put your leathers back on now!
> Humans are water cooled, not air cooled!
> (But don't zip up your jacket, you're about to get cliffykinned... )

Either you're trying to imply that I'm some kind of Quantum Interference
Device (Of the superconducting kind) or a slimy little wriggly that tastes
yuck (especially the marinated ones) Either way.. how rude!

> You're a real pervert huh? Next thing you know, Sam might find you standing
> outside her window watching her froth at the mouth...
>
> Whats the *tzing* *tzing* sound I hear??

Hey, the only reason I would be standing outside Sam's window was if.. nah, I
won't say it.. ;)

Further to that, yeah what *is* this tzing tzing sound??

> Yes, I'm a really good additive. I can do subtraction and multiplication
too!
> The FDA (Federal Dumb Asses) in the 'States didn't like me reciting my
> times tables without a a calculator..

Ah, but can you convert hex to decimal? It's a prerequisitie for any aspiring
CPU you know. I am presuming here that you are indeed the embodiment of
Intel's new CPU?

> Although, when I was a kid I use to stand in places of uncertain wind
direction
> and act like Sean Connery. The only thing that stuck was a similar sounding
> name...

"Places of uncertain wind direction".. Is that like when you're walking
behind someone with gas? You know, I hear Sean Connery has a flatulence
problem**. Maybe that's how you got your name. Can you confirm/deny this,
Shawn? ;)

** According to sources from New Weekly. Or was it Womens day? Oh what the
heck, they're all just as bad.

Cheers,

Phil

ps. Sorry about the late reply, but I kinda went OS for Easter (Over-Strait)
I even had to register with dejanews just to post a reply! lol

fat...@tig.com.au

Apr 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/21/98

In article <352971D1...@dsto.defence.gov.au.ANTISPAM>,
Sam Michaelson <sam.mic...@dsto.defence.gov.au.ANTISPAM> wrote:

> Well done! Ah, it's so good to have another moral purist on board - we
> have to stand firm against the lesser morality of the masses who would
> adulterate the holy Kitkat, brother Phil! (As you have probably
> guessed, owning up to liking orange Kitkats will also result in me
> jumping up and down and screaming "PERVERT!" whilst pointing at you).

Umm.. sorry to rain down on your euphoria here, Sam but.. I still maintain
that, well.. Kitkats suck. I merely was expressing my disgust at the concept
of chocolate and orange together. I will however concede that we are
brethren/comrades in the chocolate jihad. Down with those who would defile
the sacred realm of the brown melty stuff! (Except with caramel, but that's
different)

> You have absolutely nothing to worry about, especially as you are a
> Fellow Despiser Of Orange Adulterated Kitkats. Just ask anyone how nice
> I am. You tell him, Allan <tzing tzing tzing tzing> I'm really
> Sweetness and Light Personified, aren't we?

Sweetness and light personified? Hmm.. that reminds me of Aspartame you
know.. it's sweet, and light.. But did you know that the FDA banned it
because it causes cancer? (Sorry.. there I go again. I really am a party
pooper ain't I?)

> Come and see the violence inherent in the newsgroup!Help help, we've
> being oppressed!

My sentiments exactly..You took the words right out of my keyboard

> Oh. Was I ranting again? Sorry. Sorry. Probably just need the
> ever-popular BAAGLD.

BAAGLD? Does that have anything to do with a fully-laden African swallow?

<clip-clops off to tearoom>

Phil

Kevin Gleeson

Apr 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/22/98

fat...@tig.com.au wrote:

>In article <6gbtm4$b...@ephor.tusc.com.au>#1/1,
> sh...@tusc.com.au (Shawn Foo) wrote:

>> Dare you to eat a whole wasabi ball!
>>
>Not on your life! Actually I do have a funny story about wasabe. My brother
>convinced a friend of mine that the lovely little green tube in his hand was
>full of "Japanese sweet paste" and that he should suck on it and give the
>stuff a taste. Needless to say, our water bill was high for that month and my
>brother got corns on his feet from running!

First time Kerry saw Wasabe, she thought it was avocado and shoved
rather a lot of it in in one go :-)

Unfortunately I wasn't there at the time to see the results.

Cheers

- - - - - - -
Kevin Gleeson
Imagine It
3D animation and graphics
Hobart, Tasmania, Australia

ke...@imagine-it.com.au
http://www.imagine-it.com.au

aus.motorcycles bike page
http://www.imagine-it.com.au/ausmoto
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Theo Bekkers

Apr 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/22/98

fat...@tig.com.au wrote in message <6hjojf$t4h$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...

>Umm.. sorry to rain down on your euphoria here, Sam but.. I still maintain
>that, well.. Kitkats suck. I merely was expressing my disgust at the
concept
>of chocolate and orange together. I will however concede that we are
>brethren/comrades in the chocolate jihad. Down with those who would defile
>the sacred realm of the brown melty stuff! (Except with caramel, but that's
>different)

Hear, hear. Up till now I've been afraid to voice my opinion on the Sacred
Kit-Kat, being in mortal fear of becoming the recipient of a new award such
as Kit-Kat-Hater-and-General-Personna-Non-Grata. Real chocolate is dark
chocolate. I'm not averse to an occasional Picnic and Brazil nut is OK but
those flakey biscuit things in kit-kats are, well ... flakey.

Cheers

Theo
PS. I'm back.

Shawn Foo

Apr 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/22/98

In <6hjnta$rpq$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com> fat...@tig.com.au writes:

>In article <6gbtm4$b...@ephor.tusc.com.au>#1/1,
> sh...@tusc.com.au (Shawn Foo) wrote:

[hai-yah]

>> Yes, I'm a really good additive. I can do subtraction and multiplication
>too!
>> The FDA (Federal Dumb Asses) in the 'States didn't like me reciting my
>> times tables without a a calculator..
>>
>Ah, but can you convert hex to decimal? It's a prerequisitie for any aspiring
>CPU you know. I am presuming here that you are indeed the embodiment of
>Intel's new CPU?

Intel?
ptooey!
If I was an Intel thing, I'd tell you that 6 divided by 2 equals 2.99

>> Although, when I was a kid I use to stand in places of uncertain wind
>direction
>> and act like Sean Connery. The only thing that stuck was a similar sounding
>> name...
>>
>"Places of uncertain wind direction".. Is that like when you're walking
>behind someone with gas? You know, I hear Sean Connery has a flatulence
>problem**. Maybe that's how you got your name. Can you confirm/deny this,
>Shawn? ;)

The direction of flatulence is most certain.
How else do you think I get my little 250 to go fast? ;)

Although, if Sean Connery had a flatulence problem, he wouldn't be able to
say: "The name's Bond.."
:D

Shawn

Sam Michaelson

Apr 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/22/98

fat...@tig.com.au wrote:

> sh...@tusc.com.au (Shawn Foo) wrote:

hai! <whap> - a fine example of open-handed post snipping, c/o
Ermintrude

> I tell you what. When I get my rig happening, I'll post a scanned
> piccy for
> Zebee's evaluation. Should I do my hair? Maybe a perm would look nice
> <ponce/swank>

Just make sure that you post any posing piccies direct to Aunty Zebee,
or use a pointer to your site - do not put binaries on aus.moto, it's
Not The Done Thing, and may result in you being virtually <whap>ed,
amongst other unpleasant consequences.

<heya!>

> > Whats the *tzing* *tzing* sound I hear??
>
> Hey, the only reason I would be standing outside Sam's window was if..
> nah, I
> won't say it.. ;)

Probably safer that way. Try not to leave nose prints on the glass.

> Further to that, yeah what *is* this tzing tzing sound??

I thought you'd figured that one out - it's the theatrical sound effect
that goes with each claw unsheathing. Meow. (Call me Greebo again.)
Not that I would ever use them very often, of course, seeing as I am in
fact Sweetness and Light Personified.

Sam (Boadicea's Mummy)

E.S. (Scott) Marshall

Apr 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/22/98

Shawn Foo <sh...@tusc.com.au> wrote in article

<6hjt08$9...@ephor.tusc.com.au>...
| In <6hjnta$rpq$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com> fat...@tig.com.au writes:

<< POP >>

| >Ah, but can you convert hex to decimal? It's a prerequisitie for any
aspiring
| >CPU you know. I am presuming here that you are indeed the embodiment of
| >Intel's new CPU?
|
| Intel?
| ptooey!
| If I was an Intel thing, I'd tell you that 6 divided by 2 equals 2.99

Depends on whether either of the operands was stored/identified as a REAL
(ie floating point) number. If they were integers, then the result would
definitely be 3, otherwise check to see which Intel FPU bug we are working
around this week.

| Shawn

Scott

E.S. (Scott) Marshall

Apr 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/22/98

fat...@tig.com.au wrote in article <6hjnta$rpq$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...

| In article <6gbtm4$b...@ephor.tusc.com.au>#1/1,
| sh...@tusc.com.au (Shawn Foo) wrote:

<< CHOP >>

| more of a desired effect (Now I *am* joking, children). Did you ever see
that
| guy drink coke through his nose on Hey Hey? <shudder>

Ain't that the truth - I got empathetic sinusitis just watching it.

Cheers,
Scott

Craig Motbey

Apr 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/22/98

In article <353e442e...@news.bekkers.com.au-MINC>, t...@bekkers.com.au
says...

<schnip>

>Real chocolate is dark
>chocolate. I'm not averse to an occasional Picnic and Brazil nut is OK but
>those flakey biscuit things in kit-kats are, well ... flakey.

Mmmmm....cooking chocolate...

Craig Motbey
1983 Honda CM250(The Heffalumpus...I saw a copy of Winnie the Pooh in Latin
yesterday...Christopherum Robinus...)

Robyn!!

Apr 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/22/98

Theo Bekkers <t...@bekkers.com.au> wrote in article
<353e442e...@news.bekkers.com.au-MINC>...

> Hear, hear. Up till now I've been afraid to voice my opinion on the Sacred
> Kit-Kat, being in mortal fear of becoming the recipient of a new award such

> as Kit-Kat-Hater-and-General-Personna-Non-Grata. Real chocolate is dark

> chocolate. I'm not averse to an occasional Picnic and Brazil nut is OK but
> those flakey biscuit things in kit-kats are, well ... flakey.

Before Mr Baragry rains on our parade with horrifying stories of working in
chocolate factories, I will add that I too renounce the Sacred KitKat in favour
of the cheerfully chewy charismatic Chomp.

Robyn!! <who worships chocolate in all it's devine forms>

ObMoto:
The Easter Bunny didn't bring me a chocolate Mmmonster.

Robyn!! M.U.F.G.I.M.
(Sadly bikeless, but lusting after a Mmmmonster)
--
But now having resigned myself to the fact that I can't ride an
M600 while on my L permit, I'll settle for a VTR250 (for now).

Phil Lewis

Apr 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/23/98

>Before Mr Baragry rains on our parade with horrifying stories of working in
>chocolate factories, I will add that I too renounce the Sacred KitKat in
favour
>of the cheerfully chewy charismatic Chomp.

[scalp]

Well well well,

Seems to me like there are quite a few souls out there who feel they've been
repressed for too long now and are beginning to speak out!
See the violence inherent in the newsgroup! (thanks Sam)

Come one, come all! Let's hear it.. Are Kit kat's Yum or Yuck? Have *your*
say! (Maybe we could get Ray Martin to bung the results up on ACA...

I for one vote yuck.

Phil

Phil Lewis

Apr 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/23/98

E.S. (Scott) Marshall wrote in message
<01bd6df0$1c4f9c80$36943ecb@vulcan>...

[hack]

>Ain't that the truth - I got empathetic sinusitis just watching it.

My eyes watered, they really did.. then there's the guy from Tokyo Shock
boys who cries milk tears.. man there's some whacko's out there!

Phil

John Boy

Apr 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/23/98

Robyn!! wrote:

> Before Mr Baragry rains on our parade with horrifying stories of working in
> chocolate factories, I will add that I too renounce the Sacred KitKat in favour
> of the cheerfully chewy charismatic Chomp.

That reminds me, a few weeks ago I was at a cafe in Perth. The waiter sees my
helmet and starts raving on about how he used to work in the Mars factory in
Ballarat or Bendigo (my Vic geography isnt that great) and that there was a bunch
of guys with bikes working there who used to do a hell run down to the coast (?)
most days after work. The story seemed strangely familiar but I was more interested
in the girlie I was with :-)

Is Mr Baragry one of this group of riders?

> Robyn!! M.U.F.G.I.M.
> (Sadly bikeless, but lusting after a Mmmmonster)
> --
> But now having resigned myself to the fact that I can't ride an
> M600 while on my L permit, I'll settle for a VTR250 (for now).

Robin, surely you must soon progress to an open license which will allow you to go
straight to the Mmmmmonster option?

Greg

Jasmine

Apr 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/23/98

Phil Lewis wrote in message <6hm1k1$895

>Come one, come all! Let's hear it.. Are Kit kat's Yum or Yuck?

Yuck.

Vote for Picnic

Reason # 953 why Tim Tams are better than men - Buster Ball Award for the
best answer.

Sam Michaelson

Apr 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/23/98

Phil Lewis wrote:

> >Before Mr Baragry rains on our parade with horrifying stories of
> working in
> >chocolate factories, I will add that I too renounce the Sacred KitKat
> in
> favour of the cheerfully chewy charismatic Chomp.
>

> Seems to me like there are quite a few souls out there who feel
> they've been
> repressed for too long now and are beginning to speak out!
> See the violence inherent in the newsgroup! (thanks Sam)

Come and see the violence inherent in the newsgroup!Help Help we're
being opressed!

> Come one, come all! Let's hear it.. Are Kit kat's Yum or Yuck? Have
> *your*
> say! (Maybe we could get Ray Martin to bung the results up on ACA...

Good grief, let's not lose sight of the IMPORTANT ISSUE here, people -
while the Kitkatness of a Kitkat does provide a certain spiritual
element of fulfillment to those who enjoy them, the Kitkatness of the
Kitkat is not the truly important aspect of the Kitkat - it's the
CHOCOLATE content that really matters. So if you do not personally go
into spasms of utter bliss at the appearance of a Kitkat, there's
nothing wrong with that. Everybody ought to find a chocolate product
that they like, from Timtams to cooking chokky if that's what you like,
and indulge themselves from time to time. It's good for the soul (if
you have one).

We could just as easily say to each other "You are obviously in need of
a Chokky Hit And A Good Lie Down".

However, I still maintain that putting orange flavouring into chocolate
(not centres, but in the actual chocolate) counts as perversion.

If you don't like chocolate in any way, shape or form - I feel sorry for
you.

obmoto - I didn't get any chocolate motorcycles for Easter, but I did
get a bunny pushing a two-wheeledbarrow.

Sam (Boadicea's Mummy)

NZMSC

Apr 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/23/98

Phil Lewis wrote
> Come one, come all! Let's hear it.. Are Kit kat's Yum or Yuck? Have
*your*
> say!

Having consulted packet No 963, "What do you do when approached by an angry
Boadicea's Mummy", and discovered the answer is "Run for your life!!", I
abstain from voting.

Allan Kirk

Theo Bekkers

Apr 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/23/98

Jasmine wrote in message <353e9...@job.acay.com.au>...

>Phil Lewis wrote in message <6hm1k1$895

>>Come one, come all! Let's hear it.. Are Kit kat's Yum or Yuck?
>

>Yuck.
>
>Vote for Picnic

Obmoto content.. UummMMMMmmm, Urrghhh, Aarrrrr,....... Indians.

Cheers

Theo

Theo Bekkers

Apr 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/23/98

Craig Motbey wrote in message <6hltcn$430$3...@mirv.unsw.edu.au>...

>In article <353e442e...@news.bekkers.com.au-MINC>, t...@bekkers.com.au
>says...
>
><schnip>
>>Real chocolate is dark
>

>Mmmmm....cooking chocolate...

I was thinking in terms of dark Columbines. Yummy.

Theo

Russell Cook

Apr 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/23/98

Phil Lewis wrote:

> >Before Mr Baragry rains on our parade with horrifying stories of working in
> >chocolate factories, I will add that I too renounce the Sacred KitKat in
> favour
> >of the cheerfully chewy charismatic Chomp.
> >
> [scalp]
>
> Well well well,

> Seems to me like there are quite a few souls out there who feel they've been
> repressed for too long now and are beginning to speak out!
> See the violence inherent in the newsgroup! (thanks Sam)
>
> Come one, come all! Let's hear it.. Are Kit kat's Yum or Yuck? Have *your*
> say! (Maybe we could get Ray Martin to bung the results up on ACA...

Ray would only be interested if
a) the chocolate had been oppressed or repressed :-)
or
b) somebody had been, robbed/stabbed/killed by the chocolate

ah, current affairs Oz style. Politics without ANY accountability.
--

regards
russell cook

+====================================+
All views expressed are my own.
You don't think anyone else, let
alone an organisation, would
have views like this do you????
http://www.zeta.org.au/~ruscook
+===================================+

E.S. (Scott) Marshall

Apr 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/23/98

Hang about, what about Ray doing a spot about a half-way house for
recovering chocaholics being stalked by a Kit-Kat kissing Cat plying her
wares to the poor, defenceless junkies (or should that be Choccies?)

That could really melt even the hardest centres.

Cheers,
Scott

Russell Cook <rus...@zeta.org.au> wrote in article
<353F2D7...@zeta.org.au>...

Craig Motbey

Apr 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/23/98

In article <353F2D7...@zeta.org.au>, rus...@zeta.org.au says...

>Ray would only be interested if
>a) the chocolate had been oppressed or repressed :-)
>or
>b) somebody had been, robbed/stabbed/killed by the chocolate

or

c) there was the potential of a quick ratings-grabbing beat up. Every time I
see Ray Martin I have to check what channel I'm on to make sure it isn't
Frontline...

Craig Motbey
1983 Honda CM250(The Heffalump)

Obmoto: Nope.

Jasmine

Apr 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/24/98

Russell Cook wrote in message <353F2D7...@zeta.org.au>...

>> say! (Maybe we could get Ray Martin to bung the results up on ACA...
>>

>Ray would only be interested if
>a) the chocolate had been oppressed or repressed :-)
>or
>b) somebody had been, robbed/stabbed/killed by the chocolate

or c) KK was a member of the MUA

Marty Wicks

Apr 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/24/98

On Thu, 23 Apr 1998 08:49:39 +0800, John Boy
<buck...@cygnus.uwa.edu.nospam.au> wrote:

>Robyn!! wrote:
>
>> Before Mr Baragry rains on our parade with horrifying stories of working in
>> chocolate factories, I will add that I too renounce the Sacred KitKat in favour
>> of the cheerfully chewy charismatic Chomp.
>

>That reminds me, a few weeks ago I was at a cafe in Perth. The waiter sees my
>helmet and starts raving on about how he used to work in the Mars factory in
>Ballarat or Bendigo (my Vic geography isnt that great) and that there was a bunch
>of guys with bikes working there who used to do a hell run down to the coast (?)
>most days after work. The story seemed strangely familiar but I was more interested
>in the girlie I was with :-)
>
>Is Mr Baragry one of this group of riders?

The Mars factory is in Ballarat but, ummm.. the name doesn't ring a
bell.. Nowadays most of us have seen the light and ride dirt (about
30+) whereas only a handful ride road. Of course I wouldn't say no to
a TRX or VTR :)

Cheers,

Marty from Mars
'97 KTM 400SC

John Boy

Apr 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/24/98

Marty Wicks wrote:

Aha, I knew somebody in here was from the Mars factory, you must have mentioned it
before Marty.

Greg

BTW I've got a TRX :-)

Sam Michaelson

Apr 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/24/98

E.S. (Scott) Marshall wrote:

> Hang about, what about Ray doing a spot about a half-way house for
> recovering chocaholics being stalked by a Kit-Kat kissing Cat plying
> her
> wares to the poor, defenceless junkies (or should that be Choccies?)

Nobody, not even the most ardent of Ray's admirers, would ever believe
it, because the fundamental thing about being a 'recovering' addict of
any sort is that the individual has to WANT to recover. And I've never
met anyone who wanted to recover from chocolate addiction. Can you
imagine it? "G'day, my name's Sam, and.... and.... and.... I'm a.....
a.... chocoholic....." Bollocks.

Mind you, I think we're all pretty well aware that credibility takes a
very distant second place to ratings generation potential, so I would
like to volunteer my services for a part as a demented chokkie in Ray's
story. I'm happy to audition at any time - just give me a chokky
wrapper to crumple compulsively, and I'll work up a really convincing
case of the twitches. I'd be great. The blue rinse set would love me -
especially the heartrending scene where I suffered a tragic relapse <cut
to scene of bloated figure in chocolate-stained aus.moto t-shirt
slouched semi-comatose amidst a drift of Kitkat wrappers>

Sam (Boadicea's Mummy)

Steve Boyd

Apr 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/24/98

In article <353FC9F6...@dsto.defence.gov.au.ANTISPAM>,

Hold on here Sam, this sound a bit too close to plagarism. I mean, did you see
a recent episode of The Vicar of Dibley where she woke up on her couch in
pretty much the situation you describe,ie. bloated figure awash in KK
wrappers, however sans aus.moto t-shirt (I hasten to add that she was wearing,
IIRC, fluffy PJ's).

Steve Boyd
BMW R100RT

NZMSC

Apr 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/24/98

Sam Michaelson
> I am in fact Sweetness and Light Personified.

Sweetness causes tooth decay and can be fatal for diabetics. Light can
blind you.

Hmmm!

Phil Lewis

Apr 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/24/98

[hacked thru with a butter knife]

>Just make sure that you post any posing piccies direct to Aunty Zebee,
>or use a pointer to your site - do not put binaries on aus.moto, it's
>Not The Done Thing, and may result in you being virtually <whap>ed,
>amongst other unpleasant consequences.

Well thanks for that succinct lesson on use-netiquette. Maybe we need an
aus.moto.binaries ng for people to flash their bi-cyclical vehicular wares?

>Probably safer that way. Try not to leave nose prints on the glass.

Hey, I have been using my BIORÉ pore packs you know! My nose is grease and
blackhead free.. You tried one of those things? Nearly ripped my damn face
off..

>> Further to that, yeah what *is* this tzing tzing sound??
>
>I thought you'd figured that one out - it's the theatrical sound effect
>that goes with each claw unsheathing. Meow. (Call me Greebo again.)

>Not that I would ever use them very often, of course, seeing as I am in

>fact Sweetness and Light Personified.

Well.. if it's theatrical sound effects you're after, then why not go for
the "ping ping ping ping" (4 claws) c/o Sylvester the Cat and Warner Bros.
You know the one where he finally gets up the courage to go after the big
Panther hiding in the boxes.. I think that would be much more appropriate.
Tzing Tzing sound more like a couple of swords clashing to me.. which also
reminds me of "Simply Irresistible" *tzing*.. which then leads me onto Tony
White, who we all know has the biggest pencil in town. So.. your *tzing*
sound really has nothing at all to do with claws, but is in fact a pencil
sound effect! What do you think of that, eh?

Phil (Nobody's Mummy, or Daddy for that matter. Heck, I'm not even an
Uncle.. Woe is me)

Geoff Hansford

Apr 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/24/98

Sam Michaelson wrote in message

<SNIP>

>The blue rinse set would love me -
>especially the heartrending scene where I suffered a tragic relapse >cut to
scene of bloated figure in chocolate-stained aus.moto t-shirt
>slouched semi-comatose amidst a drift of Kitkat wrappers
>
>Sam (Boadicea's Mummy)

Gif!! Gif!! Gif!!

I just got to have that pic for the web site ;)

Geoff Hansford
Suzuki Bandit 1200 ABS (Doolan)
IRC Nick Geoff_San

Kevin Gleeson

Apr 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/26/98

c.motbey....@unsw.edu.au (Craig Motbey) wrote:

>In article <353F2D7...@zeta.org.au>, rus...@zeta.org.au says...
>

>>Ray would only be interested if
>>a) the chocolate had been oppressed or repressed :-)
>>or
>>b) somebody had been, robbed/stabbed/killed by the chocolate
>
>or
>

>c) there was the potential of a quick ratings-grabbing beat up. Every time I
>see Ray Martin I have to check what channel I'm on to make sure it isn't
>Frontline...

This was posted on the ABC's site in Dr Karl's area:
-----
11:13:32 21 Apr, 1998 EST

I would like to know if the sewerage spewed forth by Ray Martin on A
Current Affair is treated before being released into the ocean or is
the pile of crap broadcast by Channel Nine left to fester and pollute
our seas? and is there any way we can stem this tide of simplistic
gargle?

burnard : burnard.apples@kreep
-----

I took great delight in emailing this to my Mum :-)

- - - - - - -
Kevin Gleeson
Imagine It
3D animation and graphics
Hobart, Tasmania, Australia

ke...@imagine-it.com.au
http://www.imagine-it.com.au

aus.motorcycles bike page
http://www.imagine-it.com.au/ausmoto
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Damian Carvolth

Apr 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/29/98

In article <353EA679...@dsto.defence.gov.au.ANTISPAM>, Sam Michaelson <sam.mic...@dsto.defence.gov.au.ANTISPAM> says:

>If you don't like chocolate in any way, shape or form - I feel sorry for
>you.

Not exactly a dislike for chockolate, but in any quantity it gives me headaches,
as does red wine.

Blew a big chunk of my diet when I found that out. Now I make do with caramels
and a nice medium sweet white.

>obmoto - I didn't get any chocolate motorcycles for Easter, but I did
>get a bunny pushing a two-wheeledbarrow.

Be nice to Cathy Weiszmann and she might make you some. She can cast everything else
I'm sure she could manage custom chocolate...

Damian Carvolth

Apr 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/29/98

In article <01bd6eb7$b9f8c200$61943ecb@vulcan>, "E.S. (Scott) Marshall" <esmar...@usa.net> says:

>Hang about, what about Ray doing a spot about a half-way house for
>recovering chocaholics being stalked by a Kit-Kat kissing Cat plying her
>wares to the poor, defenceless junkies (or should that be Choccies?)
>
>That could really melt even the hardest centres.
>
>Cheers,
>Scott

I don't know what Ray's doing a spot on. I'll ahve to ask a member of the
pig-ignorant blue rinse set to find out.

Howeaver I'm sure ACA will happily do a spot on anything that will raise advertising
revenues..

Credible journalists that they are.

Damian Carvolth

Apr 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/29/98

In article <353e9...@job.acay.com.au>, "Jasmine" <jas...@acay.com.au> says:

>Phil Lewis wrote in message <6hm1k1$895
>>Come one, come all! Let's hear it.. Are Kit kat's Yum or Yuck?
>
>Yuck.
>
>Vote for Picnic
>
>Reason # 953 why Tim Tams are better than men - Buster Ball Award for the
>best answer.

They're better in bed.

Jasmine

Apr 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/29/98

Damian Carvolth wrote in message <6i67p9$n...@news.cat.csiro.au>...

>In article <353e9...@job.acay.com.au>, "Jasmine" <jas...@acay.com.au>
says:

>>Reason # 953 why Tim Tams are better than men - Buster Ball Award for the
>>best answer.
>
>They're better in bed.

Congratulations, you win. Buster Ball is on her way. Email me privately
for your award.