auDa deleting .au without warning

j01

Feb 4, 2009, 7:51:55 PM2/4/09
Hi there........
I registered a .au domain and it was approved by auDa with a certificate of
approval.
A few days pass and now its pending a delete.

How can they sell a domain and then take it back and give it to another ?

Wasn't the .au domains relaxed mid last year where anyone could register any
domain they wanted ?

Can the ACCC do anything about this ?

Another domain already has links to the site I owned.

I don't even get a refund:(

terryc

Feb 4, 2009, 9:13:48 PM2/4/09
On Thu, 05 Feb 2009 00:51:55 +0000, j01 wrote:

> Wasn't the .au domains relaxed mid last year where anyone could register any
> domain they wanted ?

Not as far as I'm aware. The conditions are online if you want to read
them

Epsilon

Feb 4, 2009, 9:38:01 PM2/4/09

It has never been the case that anyone could register any domain they
wanted. In a few cases, a person might succeed in registering an domain,
and someone objects. Depending on the circumstances, the person might then
find that the domain they registered has been removed.

The OP has been quite scrupulous in giving nothing away, of course.

Andrew

Feb 9, 2009, 12:11:39 AM2/9/09
On Thu, 5 Feb 2009 13:38:01 +1100, "Epsilon" <n...@this.address.com>
wrote:

auda currently being sued in the Qld High Court. Last year without
warning auda deleted an au domain that had been up 8 years.

Registrar sues auDA for deleting domain name
http://www.internetcommerce.org/Registrar_sues_auDA_for_deleting_domain_name

Then there was the case against the owner of sprite.com.au
auda without checking their own records deleted it because of the cool
drink brand name of sprite not realizing that there was another
company that had that business name for several years.

After much bs auda eventually gave in and gave the domain back.

As the High Court in Qld has stated that who decides why a domain gets
deleted and why can't it be like every other country domain system.

auDA clampdown deemed unfair
http://www.builderau.com.au/news/soa/auDA-clampdown-deemed-unfair/0,339028227,339192501,00.htm

auda deleting domains why they still can./ It does look like auda are
going to fail in the high court case in Qld which would be a good
thing to happen.

Epsilon

Feb 9, 2009, 12:34:40 AM2/9/09

It's in the Supreme Court in Queensland. It looks like the outfit bringing
the legal action is able to look after itself quite well.

Should be interesting...