That's Priceless: Indians Want To Ban People

John

Mar 21, 2006, 7:18:10 AM3/21/06
The Indians in their call centres want to put troublesome callers in Western countries
onto THEIR banned callers list. Priceless

http://www.smh.com.au/news/technology/abusive-callers-targeted-in-indian-mutiny/2006/03/17/1142582520885.html#

imanozzi

Mar 21, 2006, 8:34:06 AM3/21/06

"John" <nook...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

How do I volunteer to be put on the list???

RodneyK

Mar 21, 2006, 8:59:23 AM3/21/06

I was on their list here in Qld.
They seem to have had a bad time of it and it shows in their manner.
I dont know how the caste system fits in with these callers but they
speak as if they expect to be believed even though they are 'hard
selling'. Most of us have a natural resistance to a sales pitch and they
dont seem to understand why. (money)
At least that was my experience.

RodneyK
Enjoy

Gordon Levi

Mar 21, 2006, 11:33:15 AM3/21/06
John <nook...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Why "priceless". Why should a call centre employee in India or
Australia or anywhere else put up with verbal abuse or sexual innuendo
that is not related to their Company? I would not like to have to
staff the call centre that deals with my (Commonwealth) banks clients
who are ringing to complain about their crap service but I can see why
I would be forced to be polite. I see no reason to put up with callers
who ring to complain about my ethnicity or to make obscene phone
calls.

jg

Mar 21, 2006, 2:33:08 PM3/21/06

> The Indians in their call centres want to put troublesome callers in
Western countries
> onto THEIR banned callers list. Priceless

Many assume it's the sales callers involved but it's not, it's help lines.
They think they are helping, they don't get it that people are probably
already pissed off when they call then doubly so when they find they have
been palmed off onto an inferior outsourced help service next best thing to
nothing. The callers shouldn't be too surprised, they wanted cheap didn't
they? Probably calling because their cheap thing broke.

veritas

Mar 21, 2006, 7:03:18 PM3/21/06

Me-me. Please ban me!!!!

After a number of calls from the same Indian source (I know 'cause they used the name wrong) over 6 months, I eventually
spat the dummy at the Indian prick. Since then I have had dozens calls from him (I know his voice well now) - usually
at 0800 EST - which included a bomb threat. I had to let the the answering machine screen my calls to avoid the child.

Indian 'callers' - I wouldn't feed the turds - let alone actually buy anything from their sponsor/s.

John

Mar 21, 2006, 7:52:14 PM3/21/06
veritas wrote:

And Optus use them too one of the worst offenders IMHO

--
John

Excuse me, but where do all these pipes go?
What's with all this white?
Where is my missing shoe?

lynx

Mar 22, 2006, 1:43:22 AM3/22/06
Really? I rang the Panasonic help line just today actually with a question about my 50" Plasma panel (hardly a cheapie) and got a paki who just quoted from the manual. Even the big brands do it, and calls aren't just because of breakdowns.

--

rgds,

Pete
~~~~~
'What happens if you get scared half to death twice?'
http://saveaustralia.vze.com

jg

Mar 22, 2006, 4:47:00 AM3/22/06

The Indians in their call centres want to put troublesome callers in

Western countries

onto THEIR banned callers list. Priceless

Many assume it's the sales callers involved but it's not, it's help lines.
They think they are helping, they don't get it that people are probably
already pissed off when they call then doubly so when they find they have
been palmed off onto an inferior outsourced help service next best thing to
nothing. The callers shouldn't be too surprised, they wanted cheap didn't
they? Probably calling because their cheap thing broke.

Really? I rang the Panasonic help line just today actually with a question
about my 50" Plasma panel (hardly a cheapie) and got a paki who just quoted
from the manual. Even the big brands do it, and calls aren't just because of
breakdowns.

By cheap... "economically built", it might even be well built but the price
obviously did not run to a good help line & probably no way it will be
fixable if it breaks. It was probably built in China because it would have
cost more built here.

netvegetable

Mar 22, 2006, 5:03:08 AM3/22/06

[quote]

Vinod Shetty, of Mumbai, secretary of the newly formed Young Professionals
Collective, said staff were subject to so much abuse that thousands of its
workers were quitting in despair.

[...]

The collective is campaigning for a 48-hour week and for bans on the phone
numbers of known troublemakers.

[/quote]

I think that's good. People on the Left sometimes rattle on about how
globalism just exploits cheap labour, but Indian call workers are getting
organised!

[quote]

"They are facing a dual anger: one is because the customer is not happy
with the service, and two is anger about outsourcing and off-shoring
jobs,"

[/quote]

Now that's what the Rightwing xenophobes rattle on about. Given that your
car is probably got a japanese engine, your jeans are probably made in
China, and your computer is made in Taiwan ... who gives a shit?

--
A: Top posters
Q: What's the most annoying thing on usenet

"Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are
conservatives." - John Stuart Mill

veritas

Mar 22, 2006, 6:28:28 AM3/22/06
netvegetable wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 22:48:10 +1030, John wrote:

> Now that's what the Rightwing xenophobes rattle on about. Given that your
> car is probably got a japanese engine, your jeans are probably made in
> China, and your computer is made in Taiwan ... who gives a shit?

Me and *most* other people you moron....

lynx

Mar 22, 2006, 6:41:26 AM3/22/06
jg wrote:

That's all nonsense really.

--

rgds,

Pete
~~~~~
'We live in a society where pizza gets to your house before the police'
http://saveaustralia.vze.com

netvegetable

Mar 22, 2006, 11:55:38 AM3/22/06

Well all that proves is that you're both stupid. Not to mention plain
nasty.

jg

Mar 22, 2006, 2:18:50 PM3/22/06

> jg wrote:

> >Really? I rang the Panasonic help line just today actually with a
question
> >about my 50" Plasma panel (hardly a cheapie) and got a paki who just
quoted
> >from the manual. Even the big brands do it, and calls aren't just because
of
> >breakdowns.
> >
> >By cheap... "economically built", it might even be well built but the
price
> >obviously did not run to a good help line & probably no way it will be
> >fixable if it breaks. It was probably built in China because it would
have
> >cost more built here.
> >
> That's all nonsense really.

So, it was expensive because it was not built to a budget huh. And the Paki
help line is there because it cost so much to make it there was no money
left huh. Tell us, where was it built? Is it the most expensive one you
could find?

Hunter01

Mar 21, 2006, 6:58:41 PM3/21/06

HP ain't exactly cheap, and they've outsourced their support to India.
But then they've paid the price too. I know of one large buyer that no
longer buys from HP, with that being the anvil that broke the camel's
back, and I'm sure there are plenty of others that have made the same
decision for the same reason, especially with some of the brilliant
alternatives now floating around in Oz.

Hunter01

Mar 21, 2006, 6:56:26 PM3/21/06

You ever tried to get off the phone politely from some of these
idiots??? It gets to a point of having no other alternative but to say
"LOOK JUST FUCK OFF AND DON'T FUCKING CALL BACK AGAIN YOU MORON!",
because if you just hang up they ring back. And that's just with the
unsolicited calls, with the so-called Indian "support" Call Centres, I
haven't found one yet that hasn't made life 1000 times harder than the
previous call centre, HP being a prime example. Used to have great
support, now they lose contracts due to their complete lack of anything
that could be remotely described as support.

Craig

Mar 22, 2006, 7:06:11 PM3/22/06
Who cares if a company off-shores jobs.

Economies and cultures change and places like India deserve their turn
at economic development.

What drives me up the wall is the continuing culture of call centres
who are there to soak up you complaint but are unable to do anything
about it. Cultural clashes with an Indian call centre worker are one
thing but how many of us have had our nerves rattled and our tempers
fried by some smarmy telstra shit in a Sydney or Melbourne call centre?
Why does it have to be like this?

http://www.telstraexposed.com
(By the way - Google shows only 221000 pages for an I hate Telstra
search. Do your bit and start one.)

lynx

Mar 22, 2006, 9:00:47 PM3/22/06
jg wrote:

>"lynx" <no...@nothere.com> wrote in message
>

>>jg wrote:

>>>Really? I rang the Panasonic help line just today actually with a
>>>
>>>question about my 50" Plasma panel (hardly a cheapie) and got a paki who just
>>>quoted from the manual. Even the big
>>>brands do it, and calls aren't just because of breakdowns.
>>>

>>> By cheap... "economically built", it might even be well built but
>>> the price
>>
>>>obviously did not run to a good help line & probably no way it will be
>>>fixable if it breaks. It was probably built in China because it would
>>>
>>>have cost more built here.
>>>

>>That's all nonsense really.
>>

>So, it was expensive because it was not built to a budget huh. And the Paki
>help line is there because it cost so much to make it there was no money
>left huh. Tell us, where was it built? Is it the most expensive one you
>could find?

Panasonic is arguably the most respected name in domestic consumer
electronics. A reputation it has earned thru quality, performance, and
reliability. There are others of renown, such as Sony and Pioneer, and
not considering the European makes who have only minimal market share
here. The Panel is made in Japan, and in my estimation is the best panel
on the market today. Cheaper brands such as LG have Korean made panels,
and the no-name brands use Chinese ones. There are two major aspects to
the performance of a Plasma tv- the quality of the panel, and the
quality and performance of the electronics that drive it. The help line
was quite good; after the initial contact, which occurred without being
put on hold. Can't say I approve of overseas help lines. These ppl
aren't technical. They work from a database/FAQ which supposedly gives
them the correct answer to give you.

--

rgds,

Pete
~~~~~
'I'm way too busy to have the nervous breakdown I deserve'
http://saveaustralia.vze.com

lynx

Mar 22, 2006, 9:02:16 PM3/22/06
Craig wrote:

>Who cares if a company off-shores jobs.
>
>Economies and cultures change and places like India deserve their turn
>at economic development.

But not at our expense.

>What drives me up the wall is the continuing culture of call centres
>who are there to soak up you complaint but are unable to do anything
>about it. Cultural clashes with an Indian call centre worker are one
>thing but how many of us have had our nerves rattled and our tempers
>fried by some smarmy telstra shit in a Sydney or Melbourne call centre?
> Why does it have to be like this?
>
>http://www.telstraexposed.com
>(By the way - Google shows only 221000 pages for an I hate Telstra
>search. Do your bit and start one.)

--

rgds,

Pete
~~~~~
'A conscience is what hurts when all your other parts feel so good'
http://saveaustralia.vze.com

jg

Mar 22, 2006, 11:11:50 PM3/22/06

"Hunter01" <hunt...@iinet.net.au> wrote in message
They're not that expensive either lately, and this is one of the ways they
(and others) have avoided being more expensive.

jg

Mar 22, 2006, 11:12:59 PM3/22/06

"Craig" <brow...@anz.com> wrote in message

> Who cares if a company off-shores jobs.

........until you're directly affected by it.

jg

Mar 22, 2006, 11:27:22 PM3/22/06

> jg wrote:

> >So, it was expensive because it was not built to a budget huh. And the
Paki
> >help line is there because it cost so much to make it there was no money
> >left huh. Tell us, where was it built? Is it the most expensive one you
> >could find?
> >

> Panasonic is arguably the most respected name in domestic consumer
> electronics. A reputation it has earned thru quality, performance, and
> reliability. There are others of renown, such as Sony and Pioneer, and
> not considering the European makes who have only minimal market share
> here. The Panel is made in Japan, and in my estimation is the best panel
> on the market today. Cheaper brands such as LG have Korean made panels,
> and the no-name brands use Chinese ones. There are two major aspects to
> the performance of a Plasma tv- the quality of the panel, and the
> quality and performance of the electronics that drive it. The help line
> was quite good; after the initial contact, which occurred without being
> put on hold. Can't say I approve of overseas help lines. These ppl
> aren't technical. They work from a database/FAQ which supposedly gives
> them the correct answer to give you.

Can't work out if you're saying the help line was good or not, but it sounds
cheap. So since your Jap panel and the rest of the package wherever it came
from, was expensive, it could have ultimately cost more. That makes it
cheap, in the same way as a "good buy" or a "keen price" doesn't necessarily
mean cheap & nasty.

lynx

Mar 22, 2006, 11:43:29 PM3/22/06
jg wrote:

>"lynx" <no...@nothere.com> wrote in message
>

>>jg wrote:

>>> <>So, it was expensive because it was not built to a budget huh. And
>>> the Paki
>>
>>>help line is there because it cost so much to make it there was no money
>>>left huh. Tell us, where was it built? Is it the most expensive one you
>>>could find?
>>>

>>Panasonic is arguably the most respected name in domestic consumer
>>electronics. A reputation it has earned thru quality, performance, and
>>reliability. There are others of renown, such as Sony and Pioneer, and
>>not considering the European makes who have only minimal market share
>>here. The Panel is made in Japan, and in my estimation is the best panel
>>on the market today. Cheaper brands such as LG have Korean made panels,
>>and the no-name brands use Chinese ones. There are two major aspects to
>>the performance of a Plasma tv- the quality of the panel, and the
>>quality and performance of the electronics that drive it. The help line
>>was quite good; after the initial contact, which occurred without being
>>put on hold. Can't say I approve of overseas help lines. These ppl
>>aren't technical. They work from a database/FAQ which supposedly gives
>>them the correct answer to give you.
>>

>Can't work out if you're saying the help line was good or not, but it sounds
>cheap.

Based on the one experience, it was ok. But, as I said, I would much
prefer Aussie based support.

> So since your Jap panel and the rest of the package wherever it came
>from, was expensive, it could have ultimately cost more. That makes it
>cheap, in the same way as a "good buy" or a "keen price" doesn't necessarily
>mean cheap & nasty.

That sounds like nonsense to me.

--

rgds,

Pete
~~~~~
'If you smoke after sex.. you're doing it too fast!'
http://saveaustralia.vze.com

jg

Mar 23, 2006, 12:49:48 AM3/23/06

> jg wrote:

> > So since your Jap panel and the rest of the package wherever it came
> >from, was expensive, it could have ultimately cost more. That makes it
> >cheap, in the same way as a "good buy" or a "keen price" doesn't
necessarily
> >mean cheap & nasty.
> >
> That sounds like nonsense to me.

Sounds like it would not have been as cheap with the Aussie help line you
preferred.

John

Mar 23, 2006, 1:41:05 AM3/23/06
lynx wrote:

< snip >

> Panasonic is arguably the most respected name in domestic consumer
> electronics. A reputation it has earned thru quality, performance, and
> reliability. There are others of renown, such as Sony and Pioneer, and
> not considering the European makes who have only minimal market share
> here. The Panel is made in Japan, and in my estimation is the best panel
> on the market today. Cheaper brands such as LG have Korean made panels,
> and the no-name brands use Chinese ones. There are two major aspects to
> the performance of a Plasma tv- the quality of the panel, and the
> quality and performance of the electronics that drive it. The help line
> was quite good; after the initial contact, which occurred without being
> put on hold. Can't say I approve of overseas help lines. These ppl
> aren't technical. They work from a database/FAQ which supposedly gives
> them the correct answer to give you.

Don't they wear out far faster then CRT or LCD?

veritas

Mar 23, 2006, 4:58:08 AM3/23/06
netvegetable wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 11:28:28 +0000, veritas wrote:
>

>>netvegetable wrote:
>>
>>>On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 22:48:10 +1030, John wrote:
>>

>>>Now that's what the Rightwing xenophobes rattle on about. Given that
>>>your car is probably got a japanese engine, your jeans are probably made
>>>in China, and your computer is made in Taiwan ... who gives a shit?
>>>

>>Me and *most* other people you moron....
>

> Well all that proves is that you're both stupid. Not to mention plain
> nasty.

Yeah! Don't ya just luv me?

Arthur

Mar 23, 2006, 9:05:14 AM3/23/06
"Hunter01" <hunt...@iinet.net.au> wrote in message

Thats strange, if you are a large purchaser you usually get numbers in
Australia to call.
Maybe they weren't large enough?

Arthur

Hunter01

Mar 23, 2006, 10:20:00 AM3/23/06
jg wrote:
> "Hunter01" <hunt...@iinet.net.au> wrote in message
>>
>> HP ain't exactly cheap, and they've outsourced their support to India.
>> But then they've paid the price too. I know of one large buyer that no
>> longer buys from HP, with that being the anvil that broke the camel's
>> back, and I'm sure there are plenty of others that have made the same
>> decision for the same reason, especially with some of the brilliant
>> alternatives now floating around in Oz.
>>
> They're not that expensive either lately, and this is one of the ways they
> (and others) have avoided being more expensive.

Not super cheap either, I don't think they've even really rated in our
last few tenders, decimated on pricing by local supplier/assemblers. And
that's without even taking into consideration that factors such as
value-add in relation to stuff like support and post-sale assistance
would've knocked them even further down the ladder even if they had been
price competitive. The only complaint I've got about some of the local
suppliers is that the failure rate is a tad higher, but I think I prefer
a tad higher failure rate with rapid quality support to a lower failure
rate where you need to learn Hindi to avoid sitting on the phone for an
hour to log a basic fault and then wait a week for a result on your 24
hour turn around on-site support contract.

Hunter01

Mar 23, 2006, 10:14:23 AM3/23/06

Around 1000 FTE's and as many again PT's and casuals, with a floating
client base of around 10,000 at any one time, most of whom use our
client-side PC's I think constitutes as large enough... Picking up
around 1200 new desktops's this year along with a bunch of servers
doesn't really constitute small-scale purchasing either (and that's just
with our "time to replace the old shit" strategy, it doesn't include
fleet expansion or other shit that may come up).

Unfortunately it doesn't work the way you think it does. HP's helpdesk
for PC support is in India, simple as that. You can ring suppliers (as
we can) if you're a big customer and have them go through the nitty
gritty of logging your calls for you, but it doesn't really seem to help
much when they ain't techies either. The old local HP helpdesk was
great, it is now shit, it really is as simple as that. The servers on
the other hand are still localised support-wise (and strangely we still
buy their servers, just not their desktops).

Dell I think did make the move in the US of moving their support back to
the US for corporate customers after massive corporate complaint and
backlash, but HP have made no such move, they were just never silly
enough to offshore their server support. But then I think they forgot
where their bread and butter was, in the desktop market.

lynx

Mar 24, 2006, 5:56:01 AM3/24/06
John wrote:

Supposedly. (faster, not far faster) But the current (8th.) generation
of Plasma panels have life expectancies typically equating to 10 to 20
years of normal use. And CRT is dead, and both CRT and LCD technologies
don't have screen sizes that large. I had a 90cm CRT which is the
largest size made in 4x3 format, and it weighted 128 kilos! No fun to
move. Plasma is the best performer all round, and the only viable option
above 106cm. LCD technology still has issues with fast motion, but
there's a new technology on the horizon that may replace them both.

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/05_30/b3944071.htm

--

rgds,

Pete
~~~~~
'Don't hassle me. Others do it much better'
http://saveaustralia.vze.com

lynx

Mar 24, 2006, 6:09:51 AM3/24/06
jg wrote:

>"lynx" <no...@nothere.com> wrote in message
>

>>jg wrote:

>>> <>So since your Jap panel and the rest of the package wherever it came
>>> from, was expensive, it could have ultimately cost more. That makes it
>>> cheap, in the same way as a "good buy" or a "keen price" doesn't
>>> necessarily mean cheap & nasty.
>>>
>>That sounds like nonsense to me.
>>

>Sounds like it would not have been as cheap with the Aussie help line you
>preferred.

Maybe not, but how much difference would it make? I think the idea is to
have a centralized support center that can service worldwide, and so
avoid the cost of having support centres in each country.

--

rgds,

Pete
~~~~~
'Sleep: a completely inadequate substitute for caffeine'
http://saveaustralia.vze.com

jg

Mar 24, 2006, 2:56:00 PM3/24/06

> jg wrote:

> >Sounds like it would not have been as cheap with the Aussie help line you
> >preferred.
> >

> Maybe not, but how much difference would it make? I think the idea is to
> have a centralized support center that can service worldwide, and so
> avoid the cost of having support centres in each country.

If they thought that would be cheaper they would be doing it, you don't get
much thanks for having good after sales help or serviceable product,
specially domestic goods. It would be a bit like that big meeting room at
the UN... specially if Ikea had a help line.

lynx

Mar 24, 2006, 9:24:49 PM3/24/06
jg wrote:

>"lynx" <no...@nothere.com> wrote in message
>

>>jg wrote:

>>>Sounds like it would not have been as cheap with the Aussie help line you
>>>preferred.
>>>

>>Maybe not, but how much difference would it make? I think the idea is to
>>have a centralized support center that can service worldwide, and so
>>avoid the cost of having support centres in each country.
>>

>If they thought that would be cheaper they would be doing it,

They are doing it!

> you don't get
>much thanks for having good after sales help or serviceable product,
>specially domestic goods.

No that's wrong, as the quality of service relates to the brands
reputation, which then affects sales. Sooner or later a brand that gets
a bad reputation for service is going to have it's sales affected by
that. When I was shopping for this tv, a couple of times salesmen
mentioned about poor after sales service and product support in relation
to one make or another.

--

rgds,

Pete
~~~~~
'Dinner will be ready when the smoke alarm goes off!'
http://saveaustralia.vze.com

jg

Mar 25, 2006, 12:12:41 AM3/25/06

> jg wrote:
>
> >>jg wrote:

> > you don't get
> >much thanks for having good after sales help or serviceable product,
> >specially domestic goods.
> >

> No that's wrong, as the quality of service relates to the brands
> reputation, which then affects sales. Sooner or later a brand that gets
> a bad reputation for service is going to have it's sales affected by
> that. When I was shopping for this tv, a couple of times salesmen
> mentioned about poor after sales service and product support in relation
> to one make or another.

Who sells more stuff... BigW or Myer? The majority will buy crap because
it's cheap.

lynx

Mar 25, 2006, 1:29:15 AM3/25/06
jg wrote:

>"lynx" <no...@nothere.com> wrote in message

>>>you don't get
>>>much thanks for having good after sales help or serviceable product,
>>>specially domestic goods.
>>>

>>No that's wrong, as the quality of service relates to the brands
>>reputation, which then affects sales. Sooner or later a brand that gets
>>a bad reputation for service is going to have it's sales affected by
>>that. When I was shopping for this tv, a couple of times salesmen
>>mentioned about poor after sales service and product support in relation
>>to one make or another.
>>

>Who sells more stuff... BigW or Myer? The majority will buy crap because
>it's cheap.

Yes, but it's irrelevant to a brands reputation or quality that most buy
on price alone. Anyone who wants a quality product will consider all
aspects, not just price. In which case a brands reputation for
reliability, service, and backup becomes relevant.

--

rgds,

Pete
~~~~~
'To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer'
http://saveaustralia.vze.com

jg

Mar 25, 2006, 2:07:57 PM3/25/06

> jg wrote:

> >>No that's wrong, as the quality of service relates to the brands
> >>reputation, which then affects sales. Sooner or later a brand that gets
> >>a bad reputation for service is going to have it's sales affected by
> >>that. When I was shopping for this tv, a couple of times salesmen
> >>mentioned about poor after sales service and product support in relation
> >>to one make or another.
> >>
> >Who sells more stuff... BigW or Myer? The majority will buy crap because
> >it's cheap.
> >
> Yes, but it's irrelevant to a brands reputation or quality that most buy
> on price alone. Anyone who wants a quality product will consider all
> aspects, not just price. In which case a brands reputation for
> reliability, service, and backup becomes relevant.

That kind of discernment puts you in a minority, specially for houshold
stuff. Even people choosing between say a BMW and Porshe will often choose
on price (why else would many include a toy spare wheel?) and a fantasy trip
which includes the determination it will never break down, because they know
service will be expensive and quite likely no better than for a Ford.

lynx

Mar 25, 2006, 8:35:28 PM3/25/06
jg wrote:

Ppl only choose on price if they need to. Interesting aside.. a friend of mine told me recently that the manual for the Rolls Royce never refers to a breakdown. It simply states "when the vehicle fails to proceed.." . We found that amusing.

--

rgds,

Pete
~~~~~
'Bald guys never have a bad hair day!'
http://saveaustralia.vze.com

jg

Mar 26, 2006, 3:57:48 PM3/26/06

Ppl only choose on price if they need to. Interesting aside.. a friend of
mine told me recently that the manual for the Rolls Royce never refers to a
breakdown. It simply states "when the vehicle fails to proceed.." . We found
that amusing.

Most people need to choose on price, but more than that, most will look for
a better price for the same article even if they can easily afford it.
Shortcuts in the after sales department are usually not obvious when you buy
it (weren't for your TV) and not too important for many at purchase time,
but the price difference is.
I heard of an old RR which broke a half shaft in France - when he called
about a new one RR replied "RR's don't break half shafts", flew one from the
factory and fitted it FOC. But for all that RR are not the most popular
exotic car. You can have most of the features in another car for less money,
for instance my car is like one in that "horsepower is adequate" as at least
one RR manual states.

lynx

Mar 26, 2006, 9:01:44 PM3/26/06
jg wrote:

>"lynx" <no...@nothere.com> wrote in message

>Ppl only choose on price if they need to. Interesting aside.. a friend of
>mine told me recently that the manual for the Rolls Royce never refers to a
>breakdown. It simply states "when the vehicle fails to proceed.." . We found
>that amusing.
>
>Most people need to choose on price, but more than that, most will look for
>a better price for the same article even if they can easily afford it.

No argument there.

>Shortcuts in the after sales department are usually not obvious when you buy
>it (weren't for your TV) and not too important for many at purchase time,
>but the price difference is.

Too many purchasers buy on price alone, and don't consider such things
as makers reputation, after sales service and warranty, and then bitch
like hell when it falls in a heap after 12 months and they can't get it
fixed.

>I heard of an old RR which broke a half shaft in France - when he called
>about a new one RR replied "RR's don't break half shafts", flew one from the
>factory and fitted it FOC. But for all that RR are not the most popular
>exotic car. You can have most of the features in another car for less money,
>for instance my car is like one in that "horsepower is adequate" as at least
>one RR manual states.

No one in their right mind would buy one.

--

rgds,

Pete
~~~~~
'Never buy a car you can't push'
http://saveaustralia.vze.com

jg

Mar 27, 2006, 12:15:14 AM3/27/06

> jg wrote:

> >Shortcuts in the after sales department are usually not obvious when you
buy
> >it (weren't for your TV) and not too important for many at purchase time,
> >but the price difference is.
> >
> Too many purchasers buy on price alone, and don't consider such things
> as makers reputation, after sales service and warranty, and then bitch
> like hell when it falls in a heap after 12 months and they can't get it
> fixed.

Yep, that's all I was saying - there's not much reward for good after sales,
generally.

Michael

Mar 28, 2006, 2:24:54 AM3/28/06

"Craig" <brow...@anz.com> wrote in message
> Who cares if a company off-shores jobs.
>
> Economies and cultures change and places like India deserve their turn
> at economic development.
>
> What drives me up the wall is the continuing culture of call centres
> who are there to soak up you complaint but are unable to do anything
> about it. Cultural clashes with an Indian call centre worker are one
> thing but how many of us have had our nerves rattled and our tempers
> fried by some smarmy telstra shit in a Sydney or Melbourne call centre?

heh, true

John

Mar 28, 2006, 9:41:28 AM3/28/06
imanozzi wrote:

> "John" <nook...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > The Indians in their call centres want to put troublesome callers in
> > Western countries
> > onto THEIR banned callers list. Priceless
> >

> > http://www.smh.com.au/news/technology/abusive-callers-targeted-in-indian-mutiny/2006/03/17/1142582520885.html#
> >

> How do I volunteer to be put on the list???

Just hassle them the next time you get called from a telemarketers
or are forced to use a call centre

jg

Mar 28, 2006, 1:55:49 PM3/28/06

> imanozzi wrote:

> > How do I volunteer to be put on the list???
> >
> Just hassle them the next time you get called from a telemarketers
> or are forced to use a call centre

It's not telemarketers, it's help lines.

John

Mar 28, 2006, 11:00:41 PM3/28/06
jg wrote:

Like crap it is.......

What about Otus. They will phone my number 2 to 3 times a week asking
if I wish to change my phone service over to them and I keep telling them
I am not interested. All indian callers too.

jg

Mar 29, 2006, 12:14:44 AM3/29/06

"John" <nook...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
It's not telemarketers, it's help lines who are banning rude callers. God
why doesn't anyone listen?

John

Mar 30, 2006, 9:58:22 PM3/30/06
On a related note to call centres they do coach their phone operators in
how to sound "aussie" or "american" and such ...

Do they fly the workers out here to train them? No wonder our rates
for Origin and AGL are going up. The reason I ask is that they have
a lot of people roaming door to door trying to get contracts and they
are all indian..... Weird.......

We have had 2 from AGL and 3 from Origin Energy and they have
all been indian sales people....

lynx

Mar 30, 2006, 10:12:51 PM3/30/06
John wrote:

Where are you? Same here in Melb, Vic.

--

rgds,

Pete
~~~~~
'Experience is the worst teacher; it gives you the test before the lesson'
http://saveaustralia.vze.com