Darn it!

Gary Meadows

Mar 4, 2001, 9:53:18 AM3/4/01
Bought tickets last week for the local Federation celebrations. Day in the
park. Plenty of activities. BBQ dinner. Concert with John Williamson and
fireworks. All good family stuff! Been looking forward to it like mad.

THEN I open up today's paper and the same weekend is a country music
festival in the City. Lee Kernahan and his delightful sister, plus a host of
other top performers.

Typical! :-) Oh well. John Williamson wins.

grabes

Mar 4, 2001, 2:40:14 PM3/4/01
Hello Gary

--
ela...@bigpond.com

"Gary Meadows" <webm...@editgroup.com.au> wrote in message

| Bought tickets last week for the local Federation celebrations. Day in the
| park. Plenty of activities. BBQ dinner. Concert with John Williamson and
| fireworks. All good family stuff! Been looking forward to it like mad.

Seems like a nice time could be had by all.:-)

| THEN I open up today's paper and the same weekend is a country music
| festival in the City. Lee Kernahan and his delightful sister, plus a host
of
| other top performers.

Wait a minute! COUNTRY MUSIC!!! Aaaarrrggghh. But thats just my opinion.
S'pose somebody's got to like it.;-)

| Typical! :-) Oh well. John Williamson wins.

Good for you. You HAVE made the right choice. - Trust me.;-)

Gary Meadows

Mar 4, 2001, 4:19:47 PM3/4/01

"grabes" <ela...@bigpond.com> wrote in message

> Hello Gary
>
> --
> ela...@bigpond.com
>
> "Gary Meadows" <webm...@editgroup.com.au> wrote in message
> | Bought tickets last week for the local Federation celebrations. Day in
the
> | park. Plenty of activities. BBQ dinner. Concert with John Williamson and
> | fireworks. All good family stuff! Been looking forward to it like mad.
>
> Seems like a nice time could be had by all.:-)

I think so. The "family day in the park" needs a resurgence if you ask me.

> | THEN I open up today's paper and the same weekend is a country music
> | festival in the City. Lee Kernahan and his delightful sister, plus a
host
> of
> | other top performers.
>
> Wait a minute! COUNTRY MUSIC!!! Aaaarrrggghh. But thats just my opinion.
> S'pose somebody's got to like it.;-)

That's the same type of response we usually get when we have friends over.
After a couple of hours they seem to tire of Leean Rymes and Garth
Brooks...dunno why...I listen to it day in day out. Seems fine to me! ;-)

> | Typical! :-) Oh well. John Williamson wins.
>
> Good for you. You HAVE made the right choice. - Trust me.;-)

Yeah. Luckily the festival is on for four days in the city. We'll make it in
on one of those days at least, but I don't think the line up is as good as
the one night we'll have to miss. But, you get that. :-)

Lynn

Mar 4, 2001, 4:53:44 PM3/4/01
I also believe given the choices you've made the right one!! ;-). I'm not a
great fan of country music myself, but would go to a country music festival
for the atmosphere etc. And, as you say, it's usually family friendly.

Have a great time at the federation celebrations, sounds great.

Lynn

Gary Meadows

Mar 4, 2001, 7:49:34 PM3/4/01

"Lynn" <shades...@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message

> I also believe given the choices you've made the right one!! ;-). I'm not
> great fan of country music myself, but would go to a country music
festival
> for the atmosphere etc. And, as you say, it's usually family friendly.

Yeah...I probably wouldn't change have changed plans anyway. I'm sure my
wife and children will get more out of a family day than if we headed into
the big concrete jungle (aka city) to watch a few musos. Besides, the
festival in the city is 4 days long. I'll get there...just not when the
Kernahans are performing. :-)

> Have a great time at the federation celebrations, sounds great.

Shall do. :-)