Help please!

there@essendon.com.au Ian G

Apr 17, 2006, 10:26:58 AM4/17/06
I have a no. of 8mm VHS tapes from a Sony camcorder that I want to put on to
dvd's using my dvd burner in my pc. Is this possible? If so, what do I need
to do it please?
Any help would be much appreciated. TIA.

Rod Speed

Apr 17, 2006, 2:41:37 PM4/17/06
Ian G <always th...@Essendon.com.au> wrote

> I have a no. of 8mm VHS tapes from a Sony camcorder that I want to put on
> to dvd's using my dvd burner in my pc. Is this possible?

Yes.

> If so, what do I need to do it please?

Depends on the capabilty of the Sony. What model exactly ?

At worst you may need a capture device to turn the analog
from the camcorder into digital which can then be burnt to DVD.

At best the camcorder may well have a firewire output
so all you need is a firewire on the PC, quite a cheap
card if the PC doesnt have a firewire port already.

PIPE

Apr 17, 2006, 11:23:28 PM4/17/06
In both cases u gotta buy a new card 1)capture card or 2)Firewire card I
assume you will need a capture card.

Search aus google for capture card prices, good article about capture card
http://www.overclockers.com.au/article.php?id=112645

"Ian G" <always th...@Essendon.com.au> wrote in message