Skupiny Google už nepodporují nová předplatná ani příspěvky Usenet. Historický obsah lze zobrazit stále.

AVG Anti Virus - Goodbye old Friend

1 zobrazení
Přeskočit na první nepřečtenou zprávu

qansett

nepřečteno,
30. 10. 2006 19:35:1330.10.06
komu:

Well its finally happened, the honeymoon is over.
AVG are terminating the trial period in January 07 and selling it for
US$30.00
It had to come sooner or later. Hopefully there will be alternatives.

Groucho

nepřečteno,
30. 10. 2006 20:41:0430.10.06
komu:

"qansett" <qan...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Where did you read that? Just tried looking for something on their site but
came up blank.

Robo

nepřečteno,
30. 10. 2006 21:50:1530.10.06
komu:
I just downloaded a new version from AVG V.7.5.

http://www.grisoft.com

Rob

--

"qansett" <qan...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

I'm protected by SpamBrave
http://www.spambrave.com/

Colin

nepřečteno,
30. 10. 2006 22:38:1630.10.06
komu:

"Robo" <stea...@hoho.com> wrote in message

>I just downloaded a new version from AVG V.7.5.
>
> http://www.grisoft.com

That's either a 30 trial or you have bought it.

The free home one no longer appears on the site.

YKW

nepřečteno,
30. 10. 2006 22:52:3430.10.06
komu:

"Colin" <a...@b.c.d> wrote in message
Try

http://free.grisoft.com

Groucho

nepřečteno,
30. 10. 2006 22:52:3130.10.06
komu:

"Colin" <a...@b.c.d> wrote in message

> "Robo" <stea...@hoho.com> wrote in message
>>I just downloaded a new version from AVG V.7.5.
>>
>> http://www.grisoft.com
>>

> That's either a 30 trial or you have bought it.

I also run free version of AVG V.7.5
Didn't pay a cent and it still works beyond 30 days.

> The free home one no longer appears on the site.

Direct link to file
http://free.grisoft.com/softw/70free/setup/avg75free_428a818.exe

Colin

nepřečteno,
31. 10. 2006 0:15:0531.10.06
komu:
Thanks

"YKW" <Y...@know.whr> wrote in message

Peter Dingleberry

nepřečteno,
31. 10. 2006 0:16:5531.10.06
komu:

"Colin" <a...@b.c.d> wrote in message
> [...]

It's a bit hard to find (not surprisingly, the paid products are much easier
to find), but it is there

http://free.grisoft.com/doc/2/lng/us/tpl/v5

bruce tyler

nepřečteno,
31. 10. 2006 0:18:4231.10.06
komu:

"qansett" <qan...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Well its finally happened, the honeymoon is over.

Bullshit.

Chock

nepřečteno,
31. 10. 2006 0:18:3531.10.06
komu:

"qansett" <qan...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

I have AVG Free 7.1 installed and a couple of days ago it brought up a new
screen saying that the current version would be discontinued and would no
longer be supported with updates as from January. It did give an option to
download a new version 7.5 which is still free. (Haven't done it yet).

--
- Chock

Google is the Chinese government's friend

atec77

nepřečteno,
31. 10. 2006 0:40:4131.10.06
komu:
You need to consider avast which is free , everybit as good and works on
xp64 .

Highlandish

nepřečteno,
31. 10. 2006 2:16:2631.10.06
komu:
Quoth The Raven; Groucho <now...@home.invalid> in
<4qo001F...@individual.net>

ta, handy to have a recent full version should it go commercial

--
Remove the _CURSING to reply to me

We do not remember days, we remember moments. - Cesare Pavese

Highlandish

nepřečteno,
31. 10. 2006 2:16:3631.10.06
komu:
Quoth The Raven; qansett <qan...@hotmail.com> in
<45469a3c$0$11970$afc3...@news.optusnet.com.au>

f-prot

--
Remove the _CURSING to reply to me

Some do, some don't, some will and some won't ...

Colin

nepřečteno,
31. 10. 2006 3:45:0231.10.06
komu:

"Highlandish" <ckreskay...@dodo.com.au> wrote in message

> Quoth The Raven; qansett <qan...@hotmail.com> in
> <45469a3c$0$11970$afc3...@news.optusnet.com.au>
>> Well its finally happened, the honeymoon is over.
>> AVG are terminating the trial period in January 07 and selling it for
>> US$30.00
>> It had to come sooner or later. Hopefully there will be alternatives.
>
> f-prot

Avast - bigger footprint but quite comprehensive coverage

Chock

nepřečteno,
31. 10. 2006 3:40:4431.10.06
komu:

"atec77" <""atec77 \"@ hotmail.com"> wrote in message

My reading of the notice is that AVG Free will still continue past January
(with updates) - you just need to download the new version.

atec77

nepřečteno,
31. 10. 2006 4:35:2931.10.06
komu:
very much which o/s you run next year... avg atm wont look at longhorn
as far as I know . ?
anyone ?

Max

nepřečteno,
31. 10. 2006 4:44:2831.10.06
komu:
From the site
(GRISOFT is announcing a new version of the AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition.
This new 7.5 version with improved performance and user interface is
available. Users that are using AVG Free 7.1 will be provided with a
specific dialog, within the next few weeks, with the opportunity to
choose the right option fulfilling their needs. AVG Free 7.1 version
will be discontinued on 15th of Jan 2007.)
--
Regards

Max

I repeat- your life is just a test life.
Had it been an actual life you would have received further instructions
on what to do and where to go.

http://www.ipswichbug.org

Fred

nepřečteno,
31. 10. 2006 4:53:0731.10.06
komu:

Apparently there was a problem that has been fixed, presumably the same is
true of the free version.
Anyhow the cost of the paid version is so low as to be nearly free.

"GRISOFT AVG Protection Available for Users of Windows Vista Beta 2
Bug Fix in public test version of Windows Vista operating system now allows
users to install AVG Anti-Virus products

Millburn, N.J. - July 12, 2006 - GRISOFT, the maker of award-winning AVG
Anti-Virus, today announced availability of AVG Anti-Virus protection for
the Windows Vista environment. A programming error in Windows Vista Beta 2
was affecting the successful installation of security products supplied by
GRISOFT. The bug has been fixed by Microsoft allowing users of GRISOFT
products to effectively complete installation..............

http://www.grisoft.com/doc/31753/lng/us/tpl/tpl01

Robo

nepřečteno,
31. 10. 2006 21:30:4531.10.06
komu:
Hi Colin & others
Yes there is a free version from AVG! Follow this link & you are there:

Rob

--

"qansett" <qan...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

I'm protected by SpamBrave
http://www.spambrave.com/

steam3801

nepřečteno,
2. 11. 2006 0:57:4202.11.06
komu:

RTFWS!!!

Earlier version support will be discontinued from 01/07 - the new free
version will take its place.
--
steam3801
No bananas kept on these premises overnight

Whatcher?

nepřečteno,
7. 11. 2006 15:43:4707.11.06
komu:

"qansett" <qan...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

You aren't with the times! You have to download AVG7.5 and it is free.

Whatcher?

nepřečteno,
7. 11. 2006 15:46:3607.11.06
komu:

"Colin" <a...@b.c.d> wrote in message
> [...]

I found it. You didn't look hard enough.

0 nových zpráv