Asian drivers

Albm&ctd

Aug 19, 2003, 5:18:21 AM8/19/03

I think I know why they drive so badly.
Put your fingers at the other edge of your eyes and push back a little
whilst trying to read the next line.
It's f*kn blurry isn't it?

Al
Irish eye test begins with "Repeat after me"

2003 insult page awaits your contribution
http://kwakakid.cjb.net/insult.html

elZee

Aug 19, 2003, 5:28:30 AM8/19/03

"Albm&ctd" <al_bm...@connexus.net.au> wrote in message

> I think I know why they drive so badly.
> Put your fingers at the other edge of your eyes and push back a little
> whilst trying to read the next line. > It's f*kn blurry isn't it?
> Al

..and now they are all buying F*CKING 4wd's!! Get OFF the roads, the
f*cking asians are coming to an accident site near you!

.. shudder!!!

elZee

Dan--

Aug 19, 2003, 6:09:41 AM8/19/03
Albm&ctd wrote:

> I think I know why they drive so badly.
> Put your fingers at the other edge of your eyes and push back a little
> whilst trying to read the next line.
> It's f*kn blurry isn't it?

Just like being completely parro but without touching any booze.

Geoff Newman

Aug 19, 2003, 6:33:18 AM8/19/03
I dont appreciate your attempt at humour about the eyes but yes there
definately is a problem with the general driving skills of most Asians.

Some of my best mates are Asian so I can tell them this myself, that they
are crap drivers, of course they deny it :-)

Changing lanes and pulling out from parking spaces without indicating seems
to be their favourite trick.

Another is being bad at judging approaching speeds so they'll often pull
out from a side street in front of you forcing you to hit the brakes or ram
them up their clacker.

I also ride a motorcycle and riding down Victoria Street in Richmond is a
bloody nerve racking experience let me tell you.

The funniest thing I saw the other day was an Asian driver testing officer
:-)

cyas
Geoff

al_bm...@connexus.net.au (Albm&ctd) wrote:

>I think I know why they drive so badly.
>Put your fingers at the other edge of your eyes and push back a little
>whilst trying to read the next line.
>It's f*kn blurry isn't it?
>

>Al

Toby Ponsenby

Aug 19, 2003, 7:45:20 AM8/19/03
On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 10:33:18 GMT, Geoff Newman wrote:

> The funniest thing I saw the other day was an Asian driver testing officer
>:-)

That ain't funny in the least.
It's bloody tragic.
--
Toby

quidquid latine dictum
sit, altum viditur

elZee

Aug 19, 2003, 8:14:39 AM8/19/03

"Geoff Newman" <gne...@boyracer.com.au> wrote in message

> Changing lanes and pulling out from parking spaces without indicating
seems
> to be their favourite trick.

Not to mention, waiting until you are almost on top of them before they pull
out right in front of you either from a parking spot (as you said) or from
the other side of the road. What is with that?? ...

elZee

PS: I have nothing personally against them .. just trying to avoid them like
the plague on the road! ;)

atec77>>

Aug 19, 2003, 8:18:53 AM8/19/03
when Im in the little two ton truck with 200 kg bull bar driving locally
in Brisbane I look forward to the opportunity to assist such drivers
with some panel adjustment . 3 right guards so far this last 4 years..

--
Unix Rules... help your mates and introduce them.

Perusal

Aug 19, 2003, 8:32:43 AM8/19/03
I think the "logic" more flows like this:

1. Someone does something dumb on the road.

2. If white, did something dumb because they are a dickhead.

3. If asian, did something dumb because asian.

I think it's just easier to remember someone from another race and slag them
off because of that, than simply write them off as a single dickhead. If
running into a lot of dickheads on the road is all it takes to summarise
that a whole ethnic group were shithouse drivers, than Queenslanders would
be at the bottom of the list (and yes, we Qlders should be considered a
seperate ethnic group :-)).

The number of people who use the outside lane to turn right on a roundabout,
fail to indicate at a roundabout, or neglect to indicate in general, is
outstanding!!

Perusal

Aug 19, 2003, 8:35:08 AM8/19/03

"atec77>>" <"atec77(nospam)"@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> when Im in the little two ton truck with 200 kg bull bar driving locally
> in Brisbane I look forward to the opportunity to assist such drivers
> with some panel adjustment . 3 right guards so far this last 4 years..

I actually think Gold Coasters are worse than Brisbanites. People use their
indicators a *little* more than they do on the Coast. I don't know if it is
because more people are retired and on holiday down there, or what... but
they definitely don't like using the indicator all that often.

atec77>>

Aug 19, 2003, 8:54:03 AM8/19/03
the lack of indicators in the gold coast is symptomatic of the
southerners bringing Shiite habits , nothing more. :P

atec77>>

Aug 19, 2003, 8:55:38 AM8/19/03
isn't the normal roundabout a continual right turn , or did you mean a
left from the right ?

Fraser Johnston

Aug 19, 2003, 10:10:23 AM8/19/03

"Albm&ctd" <al_bm...@connexus.net.au> wrote in message

> I think I know why they drive so badly.
> Put your fingers at the other edge of your eyes and push back a little
> whilst trying to read the next line.
> It's f*kn blurry isn't it?

Anyone here been to bali and survived. How bad is the driving. I swear I
saw mum, dad, 4 kids and a chicken on one scooter.

Fraser

Ron McGrice

Aug 19, 2003, 4:43:59 PM8/19/03
al_bm...@connexus.net.au (Albm&ctd) wrote in news:3f41eb25.5575783
@news.individual.net:

Well I don't know about the eye thingy, but the wife and I were
discussing Asians and their perception of sight the other day.

We are wondering if they see things different to us?

If not, why do they insist on making such UGLY CARS!!!!

BTW, if you are travelling behind a car with a tissue box visble through
the back window, (Usually BMW, MB, Volvo) get out of the way!!! Asian
driver. :-)

Ron

Ben Thomas

Aug 19, 2003, 5:35:47 PM8/19/03

Asian males that is.

I'm related to some, and know several others. They are all crap, except
for one. They just don't seem to have any awareness of or regard for
what is going on around them.

--
Ben Thomas - Melbourne - Australia
Current car: silver manual Holden Astra SRi

Respect for the man in the ice-cream van.

eidtsumsremmaps

Aug 19, 2003, 6:10:24 PM8/19/03
Not only are they shit drivers, but shit pedestrians too. The other day,
driving down a busy 4 lane street, and here's two gooks pushing a pram up
the left hand lane - when there was a perfectly good footpath. Caused
traffic chaos. Darwin award candidates if ever there were any.

Actually, going back to the eyes - have you ever noticed that nearly every
slope you see wears glasses - come to think of it, i can't remember seeing
one that doesn't.

Ron McGrice

Aug 19, 2003, 7:16:25 PM8/19/03
"eidtsumsremmaps" <spammer...@nospam.nothing> wrote in

> Not only are they shit drivers, but shit pedestrians too.

Precisely, the two 80 yr olds from Hong Hong who crossed the busy road in
the gold coast and got creamed last week.

Ron

CAV.Dott.Ing.HatzOlahŽ

Aug 18, 2003, 9:38:37 PM8/18/03
I see a lot of bloodshed coming in China,they just cracked 3 million car
sales a year,it is rising over 20% a year,it will be the #1 volume market on
the planet in a decade or so

Looking foward to a Falcodore size sedan selling for $10,000

BTW i like Asians,esp the girls :-))

CDIHL

budgie

Aug 19, 2003, 8:27:02 PM8/19/03
On 19 Aug 2003 20:43:59 GMT, Ron McGrice <Newsguy.com> wrote:

>al_bm...@connexus.net.au (Albm&ctd) wrote in news:3f41eb25.5575783
>@news.individual.net:
>
>Well I don't know about the eye thingy, but the wife and I were
>discussing Asians and their perception of sight the other day.
>
>We are wondering if they see things different to us?
>
>If not, why do they insist on making such UGLY CARS!!!!
>
>BTW, if you are travelling behind a car with a tissue box visble through
>the back window, (Usually BMW, MB, Volvo) get out of the way!!! Asian
>driver. :-)

Oi!! I'm third gen aussie (anglo-saxon) and *I* have a tissue box
living on the rear shelf of the commode d'or. Back seat full of
snotty-nosed grommets from time to time is the reason.

ManWhore

Aug 19, 2003, 8:35:40 PM8/19/03

CAV.Dott.Ing.HatzOlahŽ wrote:
> I see a lot of bloodshed coming in China,they just cracked 3 million
> car sales a year,it is rising over 20% a year,it will be the #1
> volume market on the planet in a decade or so
>
> Looking foward to a Falcodore size sedan selling for $10,000
>
> BTW i like Asians,esp the girls :-))

The mans got yellow fever :)

Dan--

Aug 19, 2003, 8:42:12 PM8/19/03

"CAV.Dott.Ing.HatzOlahŽ" wrote:

> I see a lot of bloodshed coming in China,they just cracked 3 million car
> sales a year,it is rising over 20% a year,it will be the #1 volume market on
> the planet in a decade or so
>
> Looking foward to a Falcodore size sedan selling for $10,000

And very crap build quality to match the price. :-p

Ron McGrice

Aug 19, 2003, 8:33:37 PM8/19/03
"CAV.Dott.Ing.HatzOlahŽ" <hatz...@hotmail.comŽ> wrote in

My God!!

Next you'll be off to the Philipines for some fun :-)
Be aware of the really good looking ones, things are not always as they
seem. As most asians have basically hairless bodies, a little bit of gender
mixing goes on.

Ron

budgie

Aug 19, 2003, 9:01:25 PM8/19/03
On 20 Aug 2003 00:33:37 GMT, Ron McGrice <Newsguy.com> wrote:

>"CAV.Dott.Ing.HatzOlahŽ" <hatz...@hotmail.comŽ> wrote in
>
>My God!!
>
>Next you'll be off to the Philipines for some fun :-)
>Be aware of the really good looking ones, things are not always as they
>seem. As most asians have basically hairless bodies, a little bit of gender
>mixing goes on.

Ron, was that you and your mrs on that asia trip in'83?

CAV.Dott.Ing.HatzOlahŽ

Aug 18, 2003, 10:56:38 PM8/18/03

"Ron McGrice" <Newsguy.com> wrote in message

> "CAV.Dott.Ing.HatzOlahŽ" <hatz...@hotmail.comŽ> wrote in
>
> My God!!
>
> Next you'll be off to the Philipines for some fun :-)
> Be aware of the really good looking ones, things are not always as they
> seem. As most asians have basically hairless bodies, a little bit of
gender
> mixing goes on.

Thailand Thailand "Bar Fine" !! :-))

Yeap a lot of gender benders in Thailand too (hey after 25 x singas they
look great too)

CDIHL

CAV.Dott.Ing.HatzOlahŽ

Aug 18, 2003, 11:08:17 PM8/18/03

"Dan--" <Tyrea...@thehighway.com> wrote in message

Hey in one of my 25 different jobs i deal with the Chinese
(Americans,Italians,Koreans,Taiwanese too) and without doubt the Chinese are
the only ones who listen to complaints and act on them .
The quality is getting better ,and you get what you pay for,check out the
Chinese knitwear and shoes,first class products

The Chinese cars will be ok,just wait and see

CDIHL

Ron McGrice

Aug 19, 2003, 10:22:42 PM8/19/03

Ron McGrice

Aug 19, 2003, 10:22:02 PM8/19/03
budgie<bud...@nowhere.cantech.net.au> wrote in news:3f42bfce.590612
@news.cantech.net.au:

Really! Every wondered why the asians smile as they go past :-)

Ron McGrice

Aug 19, 2003, 10:25:14 PM8/19/03
"CAV.Dott.Ing.HatzOlahŽ" <hatz...@hotmail.comŽ> wrote in news:bhuhqg$feu$1
@lust.ihug.co.nz:

No thanks, I lived in Singapore for two years in the early 70's.
There was an infamous street full of them :-)

Ron

budgie

Aug 20, 2003, 2:01:01 AM8/20/03

That's cool. There was an aussie (Ron) in our group. At a street bar
in Pattaya, he was offered his choice of young girls, and replied "I'm
not really into young girls". Without batting an eyelid, the promoter
replied "we can do young boys for you too". He wasn't into young boys
either.

Ron McGrice

Aug 20, 2003, 3:30:06 AM8/20/03
budgie<bud...@nowhere.cantech.net.au> wrote in news:3f430e1a.1606583
@news.cantech.net.au:

I was actually in Pattaya in 93.
However, I passed on both :-)

(spent 4 months in Cambodia, complements of the Australian Army)

Ron

Toby Ponsenby

Aug 20, 2003, 5:16:54 AM8/20/03

What the fuck is it with those tissue boxes anyway?
I can understand the anti-yellowing gloves - even the tassled dragons dicks
hanging from the RV mirrors - but those kleenex/Scotties/never home brand
tissues have me quite confused.
Is it some sort of secret society signal?
Is it some sort of ID code for the driver?
Some home-spun G meter, where if the Tissue Box actually moves, it's time
to take those roundiebouts slower?
A trick to obscure a dob-a-racist-pig-driver camera?
For cleaning glasses? - why the hell on the rear parcel shelf?
For those unfortunate little accidents when frightening stuff happens in
traffic? In which case, again, why in the back?
There is NO way they could ever reach them with their foreheads touching
the windscreen - even in a MX5.

???

Toby Ponsenby

Aug 20, 2003, 5:20:26 AM8/20/03
On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 12:18:53 GMT, atec77>> wrote:

> when Im in the little two ton truck with 200 kg bull bar driving locally
> in Brisbane I look forward to the opportunity to assist such drivers
> with some panel adjustment . 3 right guards so far this last 4 years..

Most excellent news indeed.
But only three in 4 years?
What's the problem, time constraits - maybe you drive the same routes and
the bastards have you figured?
Colour change the truck, to refresh your victim list - soon:-)

Toby Ponsenby

Aug 20, 2003, 5:22:50 AM8/20/03
On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 07:35:47 +1000, Ben Thomas wrote:

> Albm&ctd wrote:
>> I think I know why they drive so badly.
>> Put your fingers at the other edge of your eyes and push back a little
>> whilst trying to read the next line.
>> It's f*kn blurry isn't it?
>>
>> Al
>> Irish eye test begins with "Repeat after me"
>>
>> 2003 insult page awaits your contribution
>> http://kwakakid.cjb.net/insult.html
>
> Asian males that is.
>
> I'm related to some, and know several others. They are all crap, except
> for one. They just don't seem to have any awareness of or regard for
> what is going on around them.

Awareness is there alright. Watch them more closely - IMHO, the regard is
the problem.

Perusal

Aug 20, 2003, 6:22:21 AM8/20/03

"eidtsumsremmaps" <spammer...@nospam.nothing> wrote in message

> Not only are they shit drivers, but shit pedestrians too. The other day,
> driving down a busy 4 lane street, and here's two gooks pushing a pram up
> the left hand lane - when there was a perfectly good footpath. Caused
> traffic chaos. Darwin award candidates if ever there were any.
>
> Actually, going back to the eyes - have you ever noticed that nearly every
> slope you see wears glasses - come to think of it, i can't remember seeing
> one that doesn't.

That's because you have the life experience of a butt-fuck hillybilly.

P.

Perusal

Aug 20, 2003, 6:20:23 AM8/20/03
A two lane roundabout where someone in the left lane, upon entering, turns
right on the roundabout.

P.

"atec77>>" <"atec77(nospam)"@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Albm&ctd

Aug 20, 2003, 6:35:59 AM8/20/03
On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 20:22:21 +1000, "Perusal" <nos...@nospam.com>
wrote:

I didn't think eidtsumsremmaps reply rated so highly but upon reading
it again, it is quite good.

Al

atec77>>

Aug 20, 2003, 7:25:58 AM8/20/03
how can you turn right on a rounda out ?. do you mean they fail to take
the first left or drive over the center island ?

Albm&ctd

Aug 20, 2003, 7:47:04 AM8/20/03
On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 11:25:58 GMT, "atec77>>"
<"atec77(nospam)"@hotmail.com> wrote:

>how can you turn right on a rounda out ?. do you mean they fail to take
>the first left or drive over the center island ?

You have a point. Even going straight you exit the second left. I
suppose you could go straight over the island to do this. lol.

William J. Wolfe

Aug 20, 2003, 7:57:47 AM8/20/03
Ben Thomas <nos...@die.spammers.die> wrote in message news:<ir5uhb...@192.168.11.2>...

> Albm&ctd wrote:
> > I think I know why they drive so badly.
> > Put your fingers at the other edge of your eyes and push back a little
> > whilst trying to read the next line.
> > It's f*kn blurry isn't it?
> >
> > Al
> > Irish eye test begins with "Repeat after me"
> >
> > 2003 insult page awaits your contribution
> > http://kwakakid.cjb.net/insult.html
>
> Asian males that is.
>
> I'm related to some, and know several others. They are all crap, except
> for one. They just don't seem to have any awareness of or regard for
> what is going on around them.

Technologically illiterate is the term to describe a large proportion
of South East Asian persons. Mate of mine is married to very nice
Philippino woman, not dumb, she has an Aus. uni degree, is a very good
theatre nurse. She actually passed her driving test first attempt.
Then the fun began, she just plain forgot how to drive. "The car won't
go," she says. We (well into a few cold ones) asked her to define
"won't go." Investigation reveals that the auto box is in "D" !!!!! No
bloody wonder it "wouldn't go." Another time she phones mate at work,
reckons the car smells "funny." Hand brake was full on.

William J. Wolfe

Aug 20, 2003, 7:58:49 AM8/20/03
"eidtsumsremmaps" <spammer...@nospam.nothing> wrote in message news:<3f42...@news.comindico.com.au>...
> Not only are they shit drivers, but shit pedestrians too. The other day,
> driving down a busy 4 lane street, and here's two gooks pushing a pram up
> the left hand lane - when there was a perfectly good footpath. Caused
> traffic chaos. Darwin award candidates if ever there were any.
>
> Actually, going back to the eyes - have you ever noticed that nearly every
> slope you see wears glasses - come to think of it, i can't remember seeing
> one that doesn't.

Plainly you haven't met too many orientals.

William J. Wolfe

Aug 20, 2003, 8:00:08 AM8/20/03
Ron McGrice <Newsguy.com> wrote in message news:<Xns93DD6B5CAC...@129.250.170.95>...
> "CAV.Dott.Ing.HatzOlahŽ" <hatz...@hotmail.comŽ> wrote in
>
> My God!!
>
> Next you'll be off to the Philipines for some fun :-)
> Be aware of the really good looking ones, things are not always as they
> seem. As most asians have basically hairless bodies, a little bit of gender
> mixing goes on.
>
> Ron

Ron speaks from prsonal experience.

Albm&ctd

Aug 20, 2003, 8:01:39 AM8/20/03
On 20 Aug 2003 04:57:47 -0700, w_j_...@hotmail.com (William J.
Wolfe) wrote:

>"won't go." Investigation reveals that the auto box is in "D" !!!!! No
>bloody wonder it "wouldn't go."

erm should D be P?

Al

Perusal

Aug 20, 2003, 8:24:17 AM8/20/03
A roundabout is basically an intersection. From wherever you join the
roundabout (on a typical four-entrance roundabout), you will have the option
to leave on a left, right, or straight exit. Maybe roundabouts are too
complicated for some...

P.

"atec77>>" <"atec77(nospam)"@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Perusal

Aug 20, 2003, 8:27:15 AM8/20/03

"Albm&ctd" <al_bm...@connexus.net.au> wrote in message

Maybe hillbilly was a bit generous.

P.

atec77>>

Aug 20, 2003, 8:42:01 AM8/20/03
whoosh..

Perusal

Aug 20, 2003, 8:43:36 AM8/20/03
No, no, I *got* the point of the comedy... I just thought this might drag so
decided to give you the complete and anal version.

P.

"atec77>>" <"atec77(nospam)"@hotmail.com> wrote in message

budgie

Aug 20, 2003, 10:21:02 AM8/20/03
On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 11:47:04 GMT, al_bm...@connexus.net.au
(Albm&ctd) wrote:

>On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 11:25:58 GMT, "atec77>>"
><"atec77(nospam)"@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>how can you turn right on a rounda out ?. do you mean they fail to take
>>the first left or drive over the center island ?
>>
>You have a point. Even going straight you exit the second left. I
>suppose you could go straight over the island to do this. lol.

Did that once, when the son was giving directions from an (obviously)
out-of-date street directory. He said "straight ahead at the next ".
Fortunately, it was a low-profile island ;-)

budgie

Aug 20, 2003, 10:22:44 AM8/20/03
On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 19:16:54 +1000, Toby Ponsenby
<lord_p...@operamail.com> wrote:

>What the fuck is it with those tissue boxes anyway?
>I can understand the anti-yellowing gloves - even the tassled dragons dicks
>hanging from the RV mirrors - but those kleenex/Scotties/never home brand
>tissues have me quite confused.
>Is it some sort of secret society signal?
>Is it some sort of ID code for the driver?
>Some home-spun G meter, where if the Tissue Box actually moves, it's time
>to take those roundiebouts slower?
>A trick to obscure a dob-a-racist-pig-driver camera?
>For cleaning glasses? - why the hell on the rear parcel shelf?
>For those unfortunate little accidents when frightening stuff happens in
>traffic? In which case, again, why in the back?
>There is NO way they could ever reach them with their foreheads touching
>the windscreen - even in a MX5.

Fornicating in the back seat mebbe?

budgie

Aug 20, 2003, 10:24:09 AM8/20/03
On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 12:01:39 GMT, al_bm...@connexus.net.au
(Albm&ctd) wrote:

>On 20 Aug 2003 04:57:47 -0700, w_j_...@hotmail.com (William J.
>Wolfe) wrote:
>

>>"won't go." Investigation reveals that the auto box is in "D" !!!!! No
>>bloody wonder it "wouldn't go."
>
>erm should D be P?

Her "won't go" probably meant "won't start" in bloke-speak.

Toby Ponsenby

Aug 20, 2003, 10:27:27 AM8/20/03

Tissues?
Good grief man - that's what beach towels are for!

budgie

Aug 20, 2003, 10:54:39 AM8/20/03
On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 00:27:27 +1000, Toby Ponsenby
<lord_p...@operamail.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 14:22:44 GMT, budgie wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 19:16:54 +1000, Toby Ponsenby
>> <lord_p...@operamail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>What the fuck is it with those tissue boxes anyway?
>>>I can understand the anti-yellowing gloves - even the tassled dragons dicks
>>>hanging from the RV mirrors - but those kleenex/Scotties/never home brand
>>>tissues have me quite confused.
>>>Is it some sort of secret society signal?
>>>Is it some sort of ID code for the driver?
>>>Some home-spun G meter, where if the Tissue Box actually moves, it's time
>>>to take those roundiebouts slower?
>>>A trick to obscure a dob-a-racist-pig-driver camera?
>>>For cleaning glasses? - why the hell on the rear parcel shelf?
>>>For those unfortunate little accidents when frightening stuff happens in
>>>traffic? In which case, again, why in the back?
>>>There is NO way they could ever reach them with their foreheads touching
>>>the windscreen - even in a MX5.
>>
>> Fornicating in the back seat mebbe?
>
>Tissues?
>Good grief man - that's what beach towels are for!

Yeah, for you or me - but with the subject types anything's possible
;-)

Ron McGrice

Aug 20, 2003, 5:45:26 PM8/20/03
Toby Ponsenby <lord_p...@operamail.com> wrote in

> What the fuck is it with those tissue boxes anyway?

You know, that is something I've often wondered myself.
When I was in Cambodia, I noticed they use a plastic box, gold and green to
house their tissues. They look revolting!!

Maybe it's a prestige think, like: "We have money and we can afford paper
to wipe our noses, and not just use our fingers or sleeves!" :-)

Ron

Ron McGrice

Aug 20, 2003, 5:46:11 PM8/20/03
w_j_...@hotmail.com (William J. Wolfe) wrote in

> Ron McGrice <Newsguy.com> wrote in message
>> "CAV.Dott.Ing.HatzOlahŽ" <hatz...@hotmail.comŽ> wrote in
>>
>> My God!!
>>
>> Next you'll be off to the Philipines for some fun :-)
>> Be aware of the really good looking ones, things are not always as
>> they seem. As most asians have basically hairless bodies, a little
>> bit of gender mixing goes on.
>>
>> Ron
>
> Ron speaks from prsonal experience.

Visual mate, visual :-)

Neil Fisher

Aug 20, 2003, 6:15:04 PM8/20/03
On 19 Aug 2003 20:43:59 GMT, Ron McGrice <Newsguy.com> wrote:

[snip]

>BTW, if you are travelling behind a car with a tissue box visble through
>the back window, (Usually BMW, MB, Volvo) get out of the way!!! Asian
>driver. :-)

More give aways/hints about bad drivers:

* something shiney and/or with red tassles hanging from the rear
vision mirror. (both means double trouble)
* "moving" brake light LED's around the number plate.
* pointless/untrue stickers/badging on car (eg. "5.0" and "turbo"
badges on VL Commodore with stock 3.0 exhaust, "Mugen" stickers on
Hyundai)

Neil
---
Neil Fisher / Bob Young
Thundercords
personal opinion unless otherwise noted.
Looking for spark plug leads?
Check out http://www.magnecor.com.au

Kieron

Aug 20, 2003, 11:29:25 PM8/20/03
On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 06:01:01 GMT,
budgie<bud...@nowhere.cantech.net.au> wrote:

>That's cool. There was an aussie (Ron) in our group. At a street bar
>in Pattaya, he was offered his choice of young girls, and replied "I'm
>not really into young girls". Without batting an eyelid, the promoter
>replied "we can do young boys for you too". He wasn't into young boys
>either.

Was walking down Patpong lane in Bangkok with the wife, guy comes up
to me and opens his palm saying young girl, young boy etc and in his
hand was a tiny list of 'services' (fairly well priced I might add :-)
) Naturally I declined and the guy promptly offered my wife the same
thing, I couldn't stop laughing!!!

Kieron

Aug 20, 2003, 11:34:28 PM8/20/03
On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 22:10:23 +0800, "Fraser Johnston"
<fra...@jcis.com.au> wrote:

>"Albm&ctd" <al_bm...@connexus.net.au> wrote in message

>> I think I know why they drive so badly.
>> Put your fingers at the other edge of your eyes and push back a little
>> whilst trying to read the next line.
>> It's f*kn blurry isn't it?
>>

>Anyone here been to bali and survived. How bad is the driving. I swear I
>saw mum, dad, 4 kids and a chicken on one scooter.

Yep, been there many a time and that scooter you saw was being under
utilised :)

Going there again next month, its not the driving thats the worry
anymore, just parked vans outside pubs.

Toby Ponsenby

Aug 20, 2003, 11:48:42 PM8/20/03

I'd be more inclined to take the view that any activity appearing to be
road or drainage works would be a better advance warning to get to fuck
outa wherever. Waiting for the van to arrive is cutting it a bit fine:-)

Martin Taylor

Aug 21, 2003, 5:28:47 AM8/21/03
Geoff Newman said....

GN> I dont appreciate your attempt at humour about the eyes but yes there
GN> definately is a problem with the general driving skills of most Asians.

GN> Some of my best mates are Asian so I can tell them this myself, that

One of the most famous lines of any racist...

GN> Changing lanes and pulling out from parking spaces without indicating
GN> seems to be their favourite trick.

As it is with most anglo-saxon Australians.

GN> Another is being bad at judging approaching speeds so they'll often pull
GN> out from a side street in front of you forcing you to hit the brakes or
GN> ram them up their clacker.

As it is with most anglo-saxon Australians (doing my Rod Speed
repeat-a-line trick here)

--

Remove the "obvious" for an email reply...

William J. Wolfe

Aug 21, 2003, 7:06:12 AM8/21/03
al_bm...@connexus.net.au (Albm&ctd) wrote in message news:<3f4362e9...@news.individual.net>...

> On 20 Aug 2003 04:57:47 -0700, w_j_...@hotmail.com (William J.
> Wolfe) wrote:
>

> >"won't go." Investigation reveals that the auto box is in "D" !!!!! No
> >bloody wonder it "wouldn't go."
>
> erm should D be P?

Obviously you haven't had much to do with slush boxes. A correctly
working auto has to be in either "N" or "P" before ya can start the
donk. It was in "D" fer DRIVE. That's why the bloody thing "won't go."

William J. Wolfe

Aug 21, 2003, 7:09:52 AM8/21/03
budgie<bud...@nowhere.cantech.net.au> wrote in message news:<3f438463...@news.cantech.net.au>...

In Philippino woman-speak it means "I've got the seat belt on, door
closed, stereo on "FARKIN LOUD," I've checked my hair in the mirror
and I still can't get the bloody thing to start, so now its time for
somebody who iunderstands technology to show me what I haven't done
right."

These episodes are usually commenced by sitting in the car for at
least five minutes, doing nothing and sending little telepathic
messages calling for help.

Perusal

Aug 21, 2003, 7:17:51 AM8/21/03

"Martin Taylor" <mta...@austar-obvious-net.com.au> wrote in message

I thought I'd seen that somewhere before :)

P.

Toby Ponsenby

Aug 21, 2003, 7:27:51 AM8/21/03
On 21 Aug 2003 04:06:12 -0700, William J. Wolfe wrote:

> Obviously you haven't had much to do with slush boxes. A correctly
> working auto has to be in either "N" or "P" before ya can start the
> donk. It was in "D" fer DRIVE. That's why the bloody thing "won't go."

Err, you forgot the latest public liability avoidance wheeze.
Selector says "P".
Selector cannot be extracted from the "P" position without foot brake
applied.

I might mention that this makes it extremely difficult to start a car while
in the mooning position, so the design may have some social benefit.

Geoff Newman

Aug 21, 2003, 7:44:05 AM8/21/03
Martin Taylor <mta...@austar-obvious-net.com.au> wrote:

> GN> I dont appreciate your attempt at humour about the eyes but yes there
> GN> definately is a problem with the general driving skills of most

> GN> Asians.

> GN> Some of my best mates are Asian so I can tell them this myself, that

>One of the most famous lines of any racist...

How predictable <yawn>.

Piss off you PC arsewipe. Go back to sipping your latte.

Geoff.

Perusal

Aug 21, 2003, 9:01:13 AM8/21/03

"Geoff Newman" <gne...@boyracer.com.au> wrote in message

I do not actually think your post was racist, but some others most
definitely were. And if it were used against those other posts, than it has
nothing to do with PCness, and all to do with the true definition of the
word.

P.

> Geoff.

Martin Taylor

Aug 21, 2003, 9:59:51 PM8/21/03
Geoff Newman said....

>> GN> Some of my best mates are Asian so I can tell them this myself,
>> that

>>One of the most famous lines of any racist...

GN> How predictable <yawn>.

GN> Piss off you PC arsewipe. Go back to sipping your latte.

Sorry. Don't drink coffee. And I've just finishing a cuppa tea...

Pity that you couldn't do better than that. Like someone else posted
here. A white driver who makes mistakes is a dickhead. An Asian driver
who makes the same mistakes is "one of those Asian drivers"...

Perhaps you should go fuck yourself. But first, stop dragging those
knuckles of yours along the ground. It'll make the physical act a bit
easier for you. But then, you probably already know that.

William J. Wolfe

Aug 22, 2003, 12:49:29 AM8/22/03
Toby Ponsenby <lord_p...@operamail.com> wrote in message news:<ddyhj5uuv2zm$.2lbx4syq...@40tude.net>...

Dunno what the fuck you are raving on about, or what evil liquid or
vapour you have absorbed into your body. Whatever substance it is that
you are using, STOP NOW.

William J. Wolfe

Aug 22, 2003, 12:53:55 AM8/22/03
Ron McGrice <Newsguy.com> wrote in message news:<Xns93DE4F094E...@129.250.170.91>...

RIGHT, so you like to watch while others do, that must be it. If you
reckon that "Asian" bodies are mostly hairles, lod son, you have only
been hanging around teh primary school kids. Anyone who really has
been there knows that Asians are NOT mostly hairless. And - Asia,
gegraphically, starts in the Middle East, includes India, South East
Asia, Japan, China and the western end of Siberia. Now, which part of
Asia were you in when you were perving on little hairless Asians? No,
don't bother trying to justify yourself, anybody can take a wild guess
and come very close to the reality.

Albm&ctd

Aug 22, 2003, 1:48:47 AM8/22/03
<lord_p...@operamail.com> wrote:

>> Fornicating in the back seat mebbe?
>
>Tissues?
>Good grief man - that's what beach towels are for!
>--

Knew someone that had bails of hay in the back of her hatch. Reckoned
it was for her horse!!

Albm&ctd

Aug 22, 2003, 1:56:26 AM8/22/03
On 21 Aug 2003 04:06:12 -0700, w_j_...@hotmail.com (William J.
Wolfe) wrote:

>Obviously you haven't had much to do with slush boxes. A correctly
>working auto has to be in either "N" or "P" before ya can start the
>donk. It was in "D" fer DRIVE. That's why the bloody thing "won't go."

Ahh so solly. Why didn't she say, it won't start. It will "GO" after
it starts, then placed in D but probably in the opposite direction
needed to back out of a driveway.

Albm&ctd

Aug 22, 2003, 2:01:04 AM8/22/03
On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 01:59:51 GMT, Martin Taylor
<mta...@austar-obvious-net.com.au> wrote:

>here. A white driver who makes mistakes is a dickhead. An Asian driver
>who makes the same mistakes is "one of those Asian drivers"...

"one of those Asian drivers"?? That's not what my missus calls 'em.

Message has been deleted

Albm&ctd

Aug 22, 2003, 2:42:24 AM8/22/03
On 22 Aug 2003 06:24:45 GMT, athol <athol_S...@idl.net.au> wrote:

>Nope. Asian female just tried to run me over on a pedestrian
>crossing in the middle of Cardiff. I had to step backwards
>from the traffic lane to between the little concrete islands
>in the parking lane because she just drove straight through
>without looking. We're talking 10 to 20km/h...
>
>If I'd been holding something suitable, I'd have coined the
>side of the instructor's car, 'cuz the bloody instructor
>wasn't looking at the road _or_ the driver!
>
>L plates are not an excuse to ignore the road rules!

The instructors are worse than the learners in that case. No wonder we
have such chaos.
Oh well, just lowering the farkin speed limit will fix everything.

Middy

Aug 22, 2003, 2:51:33 AM8/22/03
In article <1061533147.767182@webserver>, athol <athol_S...@idl.net.au> wrote:

> L plates are not an excuse to ignore the road rules!

Plenty of time for that once you pass......

Toby Ponsenby

Aug 22, 2003, 3:08:52 AM8/22/03

YES SIR!

Toby Ponsenby

Aug 22, 2003, 3:11:47 AM8/22/03

Ron,
Sit back, relax and think of the sensibilities of use peaceniks before you
answer that;-)

Ron McGrice

Aug 22, 2003, 3:17:08 AM8/22/03

> RIGHT, so you like to watch while others do, that must be it. If you

What a charming though.....Yuck!!!

> reckon that "Asian" bodies are mostly hairles, lod son, you have only
> been hanging around teh primary school kids. Anyone who really has

What are you, a pedofile?

> been there knows that Asians are NOT mostly hairless. And - Asia,

Speaking from experience are you?

> gegraphically, starts in the Middle East, includes India, South East
> Asia, Japan, China and the western end of Siberia. Now, which part of

Hey, I'm not the Wolf here, and since when were bloody Idian/Pakistani
scrotes classes as Asian.

> Asia were you in when you were perving on little hairless Asians? No,
> don't bother trying to justify yourself, anybody can take a wild guess
> and come very close to the reality.

Jesus H Christ! I want nothing more to do with this, or you!!
Have a look out your window, you may see the vice squad arriving very
soon!

Ron McGrice

Aug 22, 2003, 5:08:30 AM8/22/03
Toby Ponsenby <lord_p...@operamail.com> wrote in

Too late, I saw red !!

I feel better now after a couple of dry whites :-)

Ron

Perusal

Aug 22, 2003, 9:04:36 AM8/22/03

> On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 01:59:51 GMT, Martin Taylor
> <mta...@austar-obvious-net.com.au> wrote:
>
> >here. A white driver who makes mistakes is a dickhead. An Asian driver
> >who makes the same mistakes is "one of those Asian drivers"...
> >
> "one of those Asian drivers"?? That's not what my missus calls 'em.

I'm surprised this hasn't started that "women can't drive" thread...

P.

Perusal

Aug 22, 2003, 9:03:43 AM8/22/03

> > gegraphically, starts in the Middle East, includes India, South East
> > Asia, Japan, China and the western end of Siberia. Now, which part of
>
> Hey, I'm not the Wolf here, and since when were bloody Idian/Pakistani
> scrotes classes as Asian.

I think you will find India has always been classed as an Asian country.
Ask an Indian.

P.

Perusal

Aug 22, 2003, 9:16:06 AM8/22/03

"Perusal" <nos...@nospam.com> wrote in message

> "Albm&ctd" <al_bm...@connexus.net.au> wrote in message
> > On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 01:59:51 GMT, Martin Taylor
> > <mta...@austar-obvious-net.com.au> wrote:
> >
> > >here. A white driver who makes mistakes is a dickhead. An Asian driver
> > >who makes the same mistakes is "one of those Asian drivers"...
> > >
> > "one of those Asian drivers"?? That's not what my missus calls 'em.
>
> I'm surprised this hasn't started that "women can't drive" thread...
>
> P.

Actually, it's funny how these threads are always focussed on some group
external to that of the poster. They are typically never self-criticising,
and mostly always self-serving, in that the criticism of some external group
of people (women/asians/oldies/Volvo drivers/bus drivers/4WD drivers etc.)
is supposed to bolster the critic's own self-value as a driver, i.e. bad
drivers = <insert this week's target group>, and I do not belong to this
group, therefore, they're a shit-hot driver.

BTW, your wife's in one of those target groups. Next time she fucks up on
the road, someone's probably going to rave on about women being useless at
the wheel.

smithxpj

Aug 22, 2003, 9:11:31 PM8/22/03
On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 23:01:13 +1000, "Perusal" <nos...@nospam.com>
wrote:

>"Geoff Newman" <gne...@boyracer.com.au> wrote in message

>> >One of the most famous lines of any racist...

>> How predictable <yawn>.
>>
>> Piss off you PC arsewipe. Go back to sipping your latte.
>
>I do not actually think your post was racist, but some others most
>definitely were. And if it were used against those other posts, than it has
>nothing to do with PCness, and all to do with the true definition of the
>word.
>
>P.

What's this big hangup about noting whether people are being racist or
whether their posts are racist? It's getting to the stage of paranoia
in recent times.

I mean...axe murderers, child molesters, car thieves and people who
fart at the dinner table hardly rate a mention; but the moment there
is the slightest perceived hint of racism on usenet or in the public
eye, for that matter, we get the equivalent of the Monty Python Life
of Brian stoning ceremony with the crowd howling and baying with
stones at the ready just waiting for the blasphemer to say "Jehovah".

Just what the hell is this obsession with identifying and singling out
racism?

Albm&ctd

Aug 22, 2003, 10:45:38 PM8/22/03
On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 05:48:47 GMT, al_bm...@connexus.net.au
(Albm&ctd) wrote:

>On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 00:27:27 +1000, Toby Ponsenby
><lord_p...@operamail.com> wrote:
>

>>> Fornicating in the back seat mebbe?
>>
>>Tissues?
>>Good grief man - that's what beach towels are for!
>>--
>Knew someone that had bails of hay in the back of her hatch. Reckoned
>it was for her horse!!

bales bales bales bales bales

Albm&ctd

Aug 22, 2003, 11:05:23 PM8/22/03
On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 23:16:06 +1000, "Perusal" <nos...@nospam.com>
wrote:

>BTW, your wife's in one of those target groups. Next time she fucks up on
>the road, someone's probably going to rave on about women being useless at
>the wheel.

Her last accident was caused by a dumb arseh*le in a Commodore ute. He
ran up the arse of a row of cars including hers. She has 33 years of
driving experience. Unlikely to cause an accident.

Toby Ponsenby

Aug 22, 2003, 11:35:16 PM8/22/03

Either way, that's a worry;-)

William J. Wolfe

Aug 23, 2003, 2:25:21 AM8/23/03
al_bm...@connexus.net.au (Albm&ctd) wrote in message news:<3f45af6f...@news.individual.net>...

> On 21 Aug 2003 04:06:12 -0700, w_j_...@hotmail.com (William J.
> Wolfe) wrote:
>
> >Obviously you haven't had much to do with slush boxes. A correctly
> >working auto has to be in either "N" or "P" before ya can start the
> >donk. It was in "D" fer DRIVE. That's why the bloody thing "won't go."
> >>
> Ahh so solly. Why didn't she say, it won't start. It will "GO" after
> it starts, then placed in D but probably in the opposite direction
> needed to back out of a driveway.
>
> Al

yeah, I know, what you say is logical, to an Australian. We are
dealing, after all, with a woman who speaks Spanish, English, Her
province dialect and the national Philippines language of Tagalog.
There are some words and concepts which cannot be easily translated
into English from her own native dialect. Its even more hilarious
after a bit of hot sweaty work in the sun and a few cold ones from the
beer fridge.

Perusal

Aug 23, 2003, 4:41:12 AM8/23/03

"smithxpj" <dont...@bother.com.au> wrote in message

> On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 23:01:13 +1000, "Perusal" <nos...@nospam.com>
> wrote:
>

> >"Geoff Newman" <gne...@boyracer.com.au> wrote in message

> >> How predictable <yawn>.
> >>
> >> Piss off you PC arsewipe. Go back to sipping your latte.
> >
> >I do not actually think your post was racist, but some others most
> >definitely were. And if it were used against those other posts, than it
has
> >nothing to do with PCness, and all to do with the true definition of the
> >word.
> >
> >P.
>
> What's this big hangup about noting whether people are being racist or
> whether their posts are racist? It's getting to the stage of paranoia
> in recent times.
>
> I mean...axe murderers, child molesters, car thieves and people who
> fart at the dinner table hardly rate a mention;

The simple answer is: racism is far more obvious. I mean, it's pretty hard
to tell whether someone on usenet is a car thief, bank robber, murderer, or
rapist (far more serious crimes, I might add), but it's pretty bloody simple
to work out if someone is blatantly racist. IMO, the big rah-rah over
racism has quietened down quite a bit recently, which is good. I hate when
terms are overused or misused, as they devalue the true meaning of the word.

Anyway, there are times when accusations of racism are justified. It's just
so horrendously ignorant these days to post anything like what the original
poster of this thread did. He definitely deserved the label, and someone
definitely needed to tell him as such.

P.

William J. Wolfe

Aug 24, 2003, 6:59:28 AM8/24/03
"Perusal" <nos...@nospam.com> wrote in message news:<3f4614b1$0$23608$5a62...@freenews.iinet.net.au>...
Geographically India is part of Asia, as is the Middle East. There is
no person who has a passport stating they are a citizen of Aisa. Most
dumb bum Australians don't know that. They just lump anybody who is
shorter than them with black hair, dark eyes and not round eyes as
"Asians." I don't know any person from Japan, China or any south east
Asian country who considers themselves to be Asians. They are
Japanese, Chinese, Burmese, Thais,.........

William J. Wolfe

Aug 24, 2003, 7:07:54 AM8/24/03
Ron McGrice <Newsguy.com> wrote in message news:<Xns93DFAFD2FD...@129.250.170.90>...

An intersting response. Now, how many little skeletons are you hiding
in your wardrobe? You wouldn't by any chance be a defrocked and
disgraced priest by any chance? Your abrubt defensive attitude
indicates you have severe feelings of guilt stashed away in your
memory.

budgie

Aug 24, 2003, 7:57:24 AM8/24/03
On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 02:45:38 GMT, al_bm...@connexus.net.au
(Albm&ctd) wrote:

>On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 05:48:47 GMT, al_bm...@connexus.net.au
>(Albm&ctd) wrote:

>>>Tissues?
>>>Good grief man - that's what beach towels are for!
>>>--
>>Knew someone that had bails of hay in the back of her hatch. Reckoned
>>it was for her horse!!
>>
>bales bales bales bales bales

We told to write it out a HUNDRED times, not five!

Ray

Aug 24, 2003, 8:07:18 AM8/24/03
This is real a funny post, I cant help to add join in and add a few
comments. Talking racism in Australia? That's funny. Come on, to be honest,
there are so many people of different race here that practically racism is
foolish. It has nearly come to a stage whereby 'original' Australians are
being discriminated as they are the minority. What is 'original' Australians
btw? Those born here? Their grandmothers and grandfathers are probably
Italian or from some other countries anyway! So how is racism possible when
it is hard even to identify a majority race? Racism against asian? in 10
years time we could see more asians in the street than italians.... will we
then see asians being racist against Australians?

"Perusal" <nos...@nospam.com> wrote in message

Ron McGrice

Aug 24, 2003, 4:49:21 PM8/24/03

Sorry, no. I'm RC by birth certificate only.
No skeletons around and I abhor any reference to pedophilia.

Ron

smithxpj

Aug 24, 2003, 10:07:49 PM8/24/03
On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 18:41:12 +1000, "Perusal" <nos...@nospam.com>
wrote:

Exactly my point about hangups (of self-proclaimed usenet moral
guardians)!

Usenet is open season, free speech and all that stuff, warts 'n' all.
So damn what if someone is 'horrendously ignorant'? I mean...since
when is there a usenet edict that 'ignorant posters' are required to
be labelled, condemned, and comment made about the 'ignorance' element
of a post rather than their thread content.

And given that racism is simply a belief that one race is superior to
another, so what if that is what the poster believes (and expresses)?
I mean...he can believe that there isn't a God or that there are UFOs
with little green men watching us and nobody gives a toss. But the
moment anyone dares to indicate that they merely *believe* in racial
superiority, then the moral guardians come flooding out of the
woodwork howling that it's forbidden for anyone to even think about
it, let alone say it.

It's the stuff of bloody self-appointed thought-police!

William J. Wolfe

Aug 25, 2003, 3:35:45 AM8/25/03
Ron McGrice <Newsguy.com> wrote in message news:<Xns93E2455CC...@129.250.170.97>...

> w_j_...@hotmail.com (William J. Wolfe) wrote in
>
> Sorry, no. I'm RC by birth certificate only.
> No skeletons around and I abhor any reference to pedophilia.

But you don't see any problems with casting libellous aspersions on other persons.

Toby Ponsenby

Aug 25, 2003, 3:44:15 AM8/25/03
On 25 Aug 2003 00:35:45 -0700, William J. Wolfe wrote:

> libellous aspersions

I'm fairly hooting with laughter by now!

Ron McGrice

Aug 25, 2003, 5:24:40 AM8/25/03

> Ron McGrice <Newsguy.com> wrote in message
>> w_j_...@hotmail.com (William J. Wolfe) wrote in
>>
>> Sorry, no. I'm RC by birth certificate only.
>> No skeletons around and I abhor any reference to pedophilia.
>
> But you don't see any problems with casting libellous aspersions on
> other persons.

No, of couse not!
You sound very dodgy :-)
What sort of strange things do you get up to, no hang-on... I don't want
to know....

Perusal

Aug 25, 2003, 8:35:12 AM8/25/03

"William J. Wolfe" <w_j_...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> [...]

That last sentence is true, although when speaking with Westerners, they
often realise that they are perceived as "Asians". But yes, they do like to
make you aware of the distinctions!

P.

Perusal

Aug 25, 2003, 8:41:40 AM8/25/03

"Ray" <r...@abc.com> wrote in message

> This is real a funny post, I cant help to add join in and add a few
> comments. Talking racism in Australia? That's funny. Come on, to be
honest,
> there are so many people of different race here that practically racism is
> foolish.

Yep.

> It has nearly come to a stage whereby 'original' Australians are
> being discriminated as they are the minority.

Well we've got a long way to go before that happens... 92% of us are
anglo-Europeans.

> What is 'original' Australians
> btw? Those born here? Their grandmothers and grandfathers are probably
> Italian or from some other countries anyway! So how is racism possible
when
> it is hard even to identify a majority race? Racism against asian? in 10
> years time we could see more asians in the street than italians.... will
we
> then see asians being racist against Australians?

Every country has racists. I've heard this same conversation overseas
before, but flipped around:

"Westerners can't drive well because their legs and arms are too long and
uncoordinated."
"Their eyes are so big that there's too much light and they need sunglasses.
Without sunglasses, they shouldn't be allowed to drive."
"They get so fat! How can they use the gear stick?"

Racism is a kind of self-serving ignorance, which just helps the insecure
feel better about themselves. It's present in every society around the
world.

P.

Perusal

Aug 25, 2003, 8:46:43 AM8/25/03

"smithxpj" <dont...@bother.com.au> wrote in message

So you're saying free speech is only available to the ignorant? If it's
okay to be ignorant, then surely it's okay to express condemnation of that
ignorance. If the thread content is ignorant, then obviously comment made
on it being as such, is comment on the content.

> And given that racism is simply a belief that one race is superior to
> another, so what if that is what the poster believes (and expresses)?
> I mean...he can believe that there isn't a God or that there are UFOs
> with little green men watching us and nobody gives a toss.

I think you'll find many groups get stuck right into these topics, so no,
plenty of people give a toss.

> But the
> moment anyone dares to indicate that they merely *believe* in racial
> superiority, then the moral guardians come flooding out of the
> woodwork howling that it's forbidden for anyone to even think about
> it, let alone say it.

And then you come out and say it's forbidden to condemn it, because well...
the poor little ignorant guys should be protected from other people's
rational opinions. Are you suggesting we create a false little bubble
around racists, so that we don't hurt their feelings? That they can say
what they want, but no one else can say otherwise?

> It's the stuff of bloody self-appointed thought-police!

No, it's free specch.

P.

Noone

Aug 25, 2003, 8:18:11 PM8/25/03
Does that matter? Even anglo-Europeans are the target of racism, aren't
they? remember Italians used to be called wogs? The point is there is no one
dominant race in Australia, Australia only has a history of 200 odd years.
Bear in mind 'original' Australians are british prisoners anyway, if you
dont count the Aboriginals.

smithxpj

Aug 25, 2003, 11:06:59 PM8/25/03
On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 22:07:18 +1000, "Ray" <r...@abc.com> wrote:

>This is real a funny post, I cant help to add join in and add a few
>comments. Talking racism in Australia? That's funny. Come on, to be honest,
>there are so many people of different race here that practically racism is
>foolish. It has nearly come to a stage whereby 'original' Australians are
>being discriminated as they are the minority. What is 'original' Australians
>btw? Those born here? Their grandmothers and grandfathers are probably
>Italian or from some other countries anyway! So how is racism possible when
>it is hard even to identify a majority race? Racism against asian? in 10
>years time we could see more asians in the street than italians.... will we
>then see asians being racist against Australians?

Yair...but "racism" is one of these 'evil sounding' words and concepts
for which the thought-police and moral guardians are perpetually on
the lookout...particularly on Usenet

I mean...it's become a latter-day equivalent of witchhunting. The
moral guardians are constantly looking for any hint of a 'sign of
evil'...like a birthmark on the skin of a suspected witch being
construed as a sign of the devil.

And lately it seems to have become a national obsession amongst
academia, the media, bleeding hearts, do-gooders, trendy teachers and
assorted left-wing boofheads. 'Signs of evil' are concocted,
stretched and overplayed like you wouldn't believe. Even *words* that
sound like evil are condemned to be burnt at the stake. I mean...I was
at some do once when the subject of birth defects came up. I used the
word "mongolism" [which I've used since Adam] and this tart standing
nearby suddenly went apoplectic. She howled that "*We* don't use
*that* word anymore". I said "Who's we, Sweetheart?...it's the word
I've used since Adam...I know the meaning of mongolism and you know
the meaning of mongolism and the particular medical condition that it
represents...what's the problem?" She stood there still apoplectic!

I also had a mate doing a post-grad course (of something I can't
remember) and he hadn't been near academia for donkey's years and
after handing in some assignment was later hauled over the coals for
using words and expressions that are "now deemed to be inappropriate".
He reckoned it was a load of horseshit. "Who says it's
inappropriate...why is it inappropriate?" he claimed. But as he found
out, there's this academic obsession with enforcing the use of
sanitised words and expression because some deadshit social engineers
want things to *sound* pleasant. I mean...it's tantamount to
expressional censorship. But more importantly, you've got to wonder
who they are trying to kid. You can call warts any sanitised name
under the Sun, but at the end of the day they are still warts!!

It's all really the English Victorian period coming around full circle
again. I mean...they used to put coverings on piano legs and called
them "limbs" instead because "leg" (in their stupid minds) was smutty
and one of those 'bad' societal words. Men's trousers became
"unmentionables", for instance, no doubt because "trousers"
automatically implies, again, potential smut because of what's in
them. Like my post-grad mate said...a load of horseshit!

And it appears, current flavour of the month (err, many months
actually) is the use of 'unmentionable words' related to
multiracialism...that seem to have their own distinctive brand of
'negativity'.

Albm&ctd

Aug 25, 2003, 11:38:22 PM8/25/03

(Q) What do you give a paedophile for a present?
(A) A parish.

BTW saw some Korean army chicks on telly throwing grenades etc.
Tip - Keep out of the way of the ones driiving the tanks, then you may
all line up to surrender.

Al

It is loading more messages.