Damaged rims...

Fip

Apr 3, 2005, 7:45:30 PM4/3/05
Has anyone lodged a successful claim for damaged rims due to road
conditions? Sure, the LBS only charges $19 for truing and replacing
spokes...but why should I pay? The condition of Sydney's roads is a
joke....

hippy

Apr 3, 2005, 7:51:49 PM4/3/05

Give it a shot and let me know how it works out :)

hippy

cameron41

Apr 3, 2005, 8:58:58 PM4/3/05

Claim against who ?

--
cameron41

flyingdutch

Apr 3, 2005, 9:38:22 PM4/3/05

you can claim (in Melb) to either local council or Vicroads if a
surface hasnt been repaired after a certain time-period (cant remember
duration...) if the offending surface has been previously reported to
relevant body a minimum of 30 days to damage occurring

If you lodge your compaint thru the vicroads 'contact us' page they
have to reply to your message by 7 days, given priority over
written/physical complaints (30 days).

It sometimes helps having friends 'on the inside' :D otherwise they
dont advertise this stuff to the general 'unwashed'

--
flyingdutch

Jay Woo

Apr 3, 2005, 10:27:52 PM4/3/05

Are we living in America? Sure write to the local council, but I think
lodging a claim is going too far.

hippy

Apr 3, 2005, 10:33:04 PM4/3/05
flyingdutch wrote:
> you can claim (in Melb) to either local council or Vicroads if a
> surface hasnt been repaired after a certain time-period (cant remember
> duration...) if the offending surface has been previously reported to
> relevant body a minimum of 30 days to damage occurring
>
> If you lodge your compaint thru the vicroads 'contact us' page they
> have to reply to your message by 7 days, given priority over
> written/physical complaints (30 days).
>
> It sometimes helps having friends 'on the inside' :D otherwise they
> dont advertise this stuff to the general 'unwashed'

I'd love to see a 'minimum standard' introduced for road repairs. ie.
"new surface must not differ in height from old surface by >1cm".
Whoever repairs our roads obviously only thinks about cars.. frickin'
pot holes and crap everywhere! Arrr! Who do I contact to get laws
introduced about this? pollies? bike lobyists? road workers?

hippy

Peter Signorini

Apr 3, 2005, 11:04:33 PM4/3/05

"hippy" <sbi...@NOSPAMbigpond.com> wrote:

> I'd love to see a 'minimum standard' introduced for road repairs. ie.
> "new surface must not differ in height from old surface by >1cm".

I'd love to have such a standard set. But I can't hold my breath that long
:-)

> Whoever repairs our roads obviously only thinks about cars.. frickin'
> pot holes and crap everywhere! Arrr! Who do I contact to get laws
> introduced about this? pollies? bike lobyists? road workers?

BV. Local MP. RACV are making a bit of scene about this in Royalauto
(including reasonable reference to cyclist requirements). Wonders do occur.

Cheers
Peter

Marty

Apr 4, 2005, 2:07:42 AM4/4/05

You have to do it from "inside" the establishment.
Vote Hippy for Prime Minister, Yay!!

Marty

ritcho

Apr 4, 2005, 2:16:46 AM4/4/05

hippy Wrote:

> [snip]

> I'd love to see a 'minimum standard' introduced for road repairs. ie.
> "new surface must not differ in height from old surface by >1cm".
> Whoever repairs our roads obviously only thinks about cars.. frickin'
> pot holes and crap everywhere! Arrr! Who do I contact to get laws
> introduced about this? pollies? bike lobyists? road workers?
>
> hippy

That's a good idea for all roadworks, but I'd be satisfied with some
standard that relates to the gap between the gutter and the asphalt.
Those gaps are _nasty_.

Ritch

--
ritcho

hippy

Apr 4, 2005, 2:30:25 AM4/4/05
Marty wrote:

> hippy wrote:
>> I'd love to see a 'minimum standard' introduced for road repairs. ie.
>> "new surface must not differ in height from old surface by >1cm".
>> Whoever repairs our roads obviously only thinks about cars.. frickin'
>> pot holes and crap everywhere! Arrr! Who do I contact to get laws
>> introduced about this? pollies? bike lobyists? road workers?
>
> You have to do it from "inside" the establishment.
> Vote Hippy for Prime Minister, Yay!!

Just the thing for my already over-inflated ego..

What electorate are you in Marty? You wanna own it? :)

hippy for PM

Marty

Apr 4, 2005, 5:55:58 AM4/4/05

We'll have to make up some "Hippy for PM" errh... bumper stickers for
our bikes!

I'm in a fairly flat part of the country, I want some mountains built
here for mountain biking. That's a good use of taxpayers money isn't it?

Marty

Brett

Apr 4, 2005, 7:22:12 AM4/4/05
Fip <round...@tumbiumbi.co.uk> wrote in

If it is a counil then you may have a chance. If it is the RTA you don't
have a chance because they have specific legislative protection against
such claims. Remember you are always responsible to ride/drive according
to conditions. So if you hit a large pothole and trash your rim - that's
your fault.

Cheers
Brett

Brett

Apr 4, 2005, 8:07:01 AM4/4/05
hippy <sbi...@NOSPAMbigpond.com> wrote in

Warning Warning very long rant following

Some statistics.

There are 868,000 odd km of public road in Australia

About 1/3 of this is sealed (includes both bitumen and asphalt)
At $1,000/km/annum (quick grade) you need $579mill for the dirt roads
At $10,000/km/annum (reseal, multiply by 10 for asphalt) you need
$2.9billion for sealed roads.

The total road expenditure in Qld/NSW/Vic from all levels of government
is between $5billion and $8billion.

So if we managed to maintain the road to the standards you would like we
would have about $2.5billion to cover maintenance for all those lights,
bridges, guardrails etc in three states.

Some more numbers for you.

In Australia most sealed (granular) pavements are designed for a 20 year
service life prior to major works. (Some recent (last 5 years) major
projects adopted higher design lives of say 40 years). For this to work
you need to replace 5% of total pavement per year.

The state agencies (RTA, QDMR, Vicroads) who do most of the capital
(read new or total reconstruction works) replace about 1.5% of their
networks (which make up about 3 to 5% of the total network).

1.5% replaced = 65 year service life. There is a bit of a gap.

BTW latest estimates suggest that spending between $11 and $15
billion/year for 10 years would bring the existing roads up to the
current acceptable standard.

So the first problem is we don't have enough money.

Exercise 1.

Lets start with a pothole. It varies in depth between 100mm and 150mm
and is semi regular (round) in shape with a slight lip (they dish as
they expand) with a diameter of 200 to 300mm. It will usually be on the
outer wheelpath so you need to shut down a lane for a short distance to
get at. Now you need to square the hole, spray it with emulsion and fill
it with asphalt. I would like to see you judge just how much to put in
the hole since you need to leave it a little high (about 15%) for
compaction but of course not too much. You get one chance and you have
5 minutes from start to finish.

It isn't as easy as it looks by a long shot. Sometimes you get lucky.

Of course this will only work if there isn't some deep seated failure
that requires reconstruction that your council can't afford to fix. And
since it takes time to fix each one after they are reported it can take
a couple of weeks to fix all the new ones after a storm.

(Potholes form from the compression of an incompressible fluid in the
overall granular structure in the road generally radiating outwards from
a surface imperfection)

Exercise 2

After repeatedly fixing potholes you have determined that there is a
deep seated failure and pavement strengthening is needed. So now (after
getting about $1.5million in funding) you need to shut down the nice
road running at 50,000 vpd (assuming it is an urban area). Of course
this means night work. You need to use a road planner to remove the
asphalt/stabilised road base. This generates about 110 dB at 10 metres
so now all the residents are complaining about the mess that is being
made and the noise.

Believe it or not planning, designing, constructing and maintaining a
road network is actually harder than rocket science. Why? Because most
of the variables are unknown or out of your control. One of the biggest
variables is human behaviour.

This is made harder by the fact that we are trying to do it with 1/2 the
money we should have and 1/3 the staff. Most engineers tied up in
infrastructure (electrical, gas, water, sewerage, roads and rail) are
donating hours to their employers (work 50 hrs for 36 hrs pay) and have
extrordinary leave balances (currently at 18 weeks leave earned in 4
yrs, I've had two weeks off in that 4yrs which I spent helping out a
remote community with their gumby roads).

And of course if it all goes pear shaped (storms/cyclones etc) guess who
gets to go out and make sure that you remain comfortable and dry with
your heater and the knowledge that if you run out of anything then it
will be at Safeways/Coles just around the corner.

Be thankful for what you have and even more so for the thousands of
people you will never meet or even think about unless the power goes out
that make your current lifestyle possible.

(There are less engineers in this country than either lawyers or doctors
and you wonder why you have potholes?)

Rant over. Sorry that it is so long and thanks if you stayed with it.
Any spelling mistakes are entirely mine since I refuse to spell check in
Word.

Brett

SteveA

Apr 4, 2005, 9:58:09 AM4/4/05

How many lawyers/doctors per pothole would it take to fill them? :)

Steve(trained as a civil engineer, just finished law degree, works with
doctors)A

--
SteveA

Fip

Apr 4, 2005, 6:26:37 PM4/4/05
On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 23:51:49 GMT, hippy <sbi...@NOSPAMbigpond.com>
wrote:

Is the first sign of insanity quoting your own post? :) Just wanted
to add that it's not only expensive but dangerous too. How many times
have you noticed a pot hole at the last minute and swerved out into
the path of traffic to avoid it?

I own two cars, pay rego, tax, expensive fuel prices.....FIX THE
ROADS!

casurina99

Apr 4, 2005, 7:30:54 PM4/4/05

--
casurina99

ritcho

Apr 4, 2005, 8:02:45 PM4/4/05

Brett Wrote:

> [snip incredibly detailed account of the difficulties in fixing roads]

> (There are less engineers in this country than either lawyers or
> doctors
> and you wonder why you have potholes?)
>
> Brett

Lawyers and doctors? Maybe people really do care more about being
locked up and being sick than they care about potholes.

Ritch.

PS. Engineers aren't the only profession that works 50hrs for 36hrs
pay... trust me on that.

--
ritcho

Carl Brewer

Apr 4, 2005, 8:38:05 PM4/4/05
On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 11:22:12 GMT, Brett <bre...@killthekoalas.com>
wrote:

> Remember you are always responsible to ride/drive according
>to conditions. So if you hit a large pothole and trash your rim - that's
>your fault.

Exactly!

hippy

Apr 4, 2005, 8:46:51 PM4/4/05
Marty wrote:
>> Just the thing for my already over-inflated ego..
>> What electorate are you in Marty? You wanna own it? :)
>> hippy for PM
>
> We'll have to make up some "Hippy for PM" errh... bumper stickers for
> our bikes!

Rockin'! ;)

> I'm in a fairly flat part of the country, I want some mountains built
> here for mountain biking. That's a good use of taxpayers money isn't it?

For sure!

Did I mention large 4wd's are now banned within 150k's of all cities?
Oh, anyone caught using one will be forced surrender it immediately - we
need something to build those hills out of :)

Every Friday is now a Work Free Day. Overtime is illegal. Physical
activity is compulsory for everyone able. Driving without a justifiable
reason is a fineable offence. McDonalds "food" outlets are banned from
Australia. Hmm.. what else... ? :P

hippy

Carl Brewer

Apr 4, 2005, 10:13:51 PM4/4/05
On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 00:46:51 GMT, hippy <sbi...@NOSPAMbigpond.com>
wrote:

>Every Friday is now a Work Free Day. Overtime is illegal. Physical
>activity is compulsory for everyone able. Driving without a justifiable
>reason is a fineable offence. McDonalds "food" outlets are banned from
>Australia. Hmm.. what else... ? :P

People with chinbeards will only be allowed outside for
15 minutes a day, at 3:23am.

Tamyka Bell

Apr 4, 2005, 11:35:23 PM4/4/05

Can we add that mental activity is also compulsory for everyone able?

:)

Shabby

Apr 5, 2005, 12:39:03 AM4/5/05

hippy Wrote:

> Every Friday is now a Work Free Day. Overtime is illegal. Physical
> activity is compulsory for everyone able. Driving without a
> justifiable
> reason is a fineable offence. McDonalds "food" outlets are banned from
> Australia. Hmm.. what else... ? :P
>
> hippy

Albert Park is shut down for four days in March for an 8 stage
criterium-based tour with the money that used to be spent on Grand
Pricks goes to riders.

Tax is removed from beer and added to cigarettes, which are banned in
all public places anyway.

Public transport is free, funded by increases in petrol tax.

Oh, and for the record not all engineers are out there fixing
holes..... some of us make your beer (and nasty petrochemicals too)....

--
Shabby

hippy

Apr 5, 2005, 1:17:55 AM4/5/05
Shabby wrote:

> hippy Wrote:
>
> Albert Park is shut down for four days in March for an 8 stage
> criterium-based tour with the money that used to be spent on Grand
> Pricks goes to riders.
>
> Tax is removed from beer and added to cigarettes, which are banned in
> all public places anyway.
>
> Public transport is free, funded by increases in petrol tax.
>
> Oh, and for the record not all engineers are out there fixing
> holes..... some of us make your beer (and nasty petrochemicals too)....

Vote 1 Shabby for Deputy PM :P

hippy

hippy

Apr 5, 2005, 1:19:11 AM4/5/05
Carl Brewer wrote:
>>Every Friday is now a Work Free Day. Overtime is illegal. Physical
>>activity is compulsory for everyone able. Driving without a justifiable
>>reason is a fineable offence. McDonalds "food" outlets are banned from
>>Australia. Hmm.. what else... ? :P
>
> People with chinbeards will only be allowed outside for
> 15 minutes a day, at 3:23am.

Dude..
http://www.thehippy.net/nucleus/index.php?itemid=281

hippy
"Lettin' the wookie back into the wild"

Kim Hawtin

Apr 5, 2005, 2:15:52 AM4/5/05
Carl Brewer wrote:

> Brett wrote:
>>Remember you are always responsible to ride/drive according
>>to conditions. So if you hit a large pothole and trash your rim - that's
>>your fault.
> Exactly!

so what about avioding some swerving twat in a Prado to save you life?
hmmm ...

only to brake a spoke and have to crawl to work because the rim is bent?

kim
~ who now has a fist full of spokes and will have a crash course in
replacing them this evenen

Brett

Apr 5, 2005, 7:14:37 AM4/5/05

> PS. Engineers aren't the only profession that works 50hrs for 36hrs
> pay... trust me on that.

Well aware of that. And I don't think it will ever change (how do you
get ahead without the hours whether it's for a wage or a PhD or even
research)

Doctors I can understand but lawyers? Simple ensure that at least half
of all parlimentarians (?) in the country belong to your profession then
you can make all law so verbose and complex that no-one can understand
it = Hire a laywer (or solicitor)

Did I mention that I'm studying law:)

The professionals that are currently in shortest supply are the
Accountants. Something to do with the new compliance regs following HIH
et al.

Suggestions for el Presidente Hippy

Get rid of the State Gov Health and Education systems
Remove tax benefits from 4wd's not equipped with vinyl flooring
Take savings and invest in infrastructure
Take resulting windfall in company and income tax and invest in basic
research (all fields) and remove GST from beer and wine.

I think it's all too heavy and it's now cool enough to go for a ride
(hit 33 here again) so I'm gone.

Cheers

Brett

Brett

Apr 5, 2005, 7:24:13 AM4/5/05
Kim Hawtin <kim@ratbag> wrote in

Totally agree that it's a poor situation.

Give me the money to actually build roads with 3m shoulders (or even
2.5m) that are asphalt surfaced and even continue through intersections.
Then there is less chance of the Prado being a problem. Unless it does
what the prat this morning did.

He suddenly (just past a set of lights) decided to park in the nicely
marked bay near the shops. Silly me I was in his road, in a bike lane.
Just managed to turn the front wheel in time to save it. I did however
put a pretty impressive dent in the side of his ute with my
head/shoulder.

Cheers

Brett

Maikkeli

Apr 5, 2005, 8:08:36 AM4/5/05

My partner went through this about a year ago. The council had been doing
some repairs in the road (i.e. they cut the hole) and filled it with sand
which due to traffic was eroded leaving a tall and sharp 90' edge.

She was riding to work at 4am one morning, hit the edge, and _bent_ the
rim beyond recovery. (Perhaps the tyre was not inflated enough though, but
I'm not sure).

A low-end aluminium rear rim, $70 to replace, but after a few months of
hassling the council they said it wasn't their responsibility.

Ah well, expensive lesson learnt -- look out for shite road conditions
that can break your bike.

m.

SteveA

Apr 5, 2005, 9:38:06 AM4/5/05

Which shops, pray tell??

SteveA

--
SteveA

SteveA

Apr 5, 2005, 9:35:04 AM4/5/05

Maikkeli Wrote:

> My partner went through this about a year ago. The council had been
> doing
> some repairs in the road (i.e. they cut the hole) and filled it with
> sand
> which due to traffic was eroded leaving a tall and sharp 90' edge.
>
> She was riding to work at 4am one morning, hit the edge, and _bent_ the
> rim beyond recovery. (Perhaps the tyre was not inflated enough though,
> but
> I'm not sure).
>
> A low-end aluminium rear rim, $70 to replace, but after a few months of
> hassling the council they said it wasn't their responsibility.
>
> Ah well, expensive lesson learnt -- look out for shite road conditions
> that can break your bike.
>
> m.
We need more lawyer-cyclists. The sort of people who argue with
councils for a living and might just enjoy doing it for fun as well :D
.

My local council is the South Perth Council and they are reall sport
for lawyers :cool:

SteveA

--
SteveA

Brett

Apr 5, 2005, 10:00:50 AM4/5/05
Brett wrote:
> Remove tax benefits from 4wd's not equipped with vinyl flooring

This is the answer to the great 4wd debate...

Well said

--
Brett "No the other one"

hippy

Apr 5, 2005, 11:45:26 AM4/5/05
SteveA wrote:
> We need more lawyer-cyclists. The sort of people who argue with
> councils for a living and might just enjoy doing it for fun as well :D

I need a new job.. How long does it take to get lawyer stripes? :)

hippy

TimC

Apr 6, 2005, 1:28:53 AM4/6/05
On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 at 14:00 GMT, Brett (aka Bruce)

> Brett "No the other one"

You're a vet, and he kills koalas? Which brett is it that rides on BR
again? Arggh!

To define recursion, we must first define recursion.

flyingdutch

Apr 6, 2005, 3:00:12 AM4/6/05

TimC Wrote:

> Which brett is it that rides on BR
> again? Arggh!

The other one

F"about to leap off into the abyss again"Dutch

--
flyingdutch

SteveA

Apr 6, 2005, 5:15:33 AM4/6/05

A legal colleague of mine who also is a cyclist was appointed to the
Bench last year. What sweet irony it would be if some of these idiots
who injure cyclists through dring driving etc were to be tried in that
court.

There would be no bias in that court but.........

We should be nice to lawyers, encourage them to cycle, help them buy
nice bikes....And then when they become judges.......

Steve(could the defendant please step up to the bench so I can hit him
with my frame pump before I pass sentence)A

--
SteveA

TimC

Apr 6, 2005, 5:52:50 AM4/6/05
On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 at 09:15 GMT, SteveA (aka Bruce)

> We should be nice to lawyers, encourage them to cycle, help them buy
> nice bikes....And then when they become judges.......
>
> Steve(could the defendant please step up to the bench so I can hit him
> with my frame pump before I pass sentence)A

To the Dave who switched the Monastery post subject line reply from
"So I pull out my revolver, and shoot him in the throat" to "So I pull
out my Zefal and stab it through his throat": could you please stand
up? There are too many Daves in this place.

Sign on door of computing lecturer: "If your project is 90% right,
I will give you a distinction, your employer will fire you." -- Zebee

Brett

Apr 6, 2005, 6:42:40 AM4/6/05

Brett

Apr 6, 2005, 6:41:33 AM4/6/05

Belrowes at the intersection of Pallarenda Road and Bundock Street.

Cheers

Brett

TimC

Apr 6, 2005, 6:56:55 AM4/6/05
On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 at 10:44 GMT, Brett (aka Bruce)

> TimC <tcon...@no.spam.accepted.here-astro.swin.edu.au> wrote in news:slrn-
> 0.9.7.4-27172-247...@hexane.ssi.swin.edu.au:

>> On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 at 14:00 GMT, Brett (aka Bruce)
>> was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:
>>> Brett "No the other one"
>>
>> You're a vet, and he kills koalas? Which brett is it that rides on BR
>> again? Arggh!
>
> Sorry about the koalas, it's a very old frog researcher's joke (people only
> care about the cute and cuddly)

Nah, I don't mind if you are killing koalas, I'm just getting confused
by which Brett is Brett, and which Dave is Dave :)

The gedanken experiment failed. I couldn't reproduce the results -- me

Brett

Apr 6, 2005, 6:44:43 AM4/6/05

> On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 at 14:00 GMT, Brett (aka Bruce)

>> Brett "No the other one"
>
> You're a vet, and he kills koalas? Which brett is it that rides on BR
> again? Arggh!

Sorry about the koalas, it's a very old frog researcher's joke (people only

care about the cute and cuddly)

Cheers

Brett

flyingdutch

Apr 6, 2005, 7:31:02 PM4/6/05

TimC Wrote:

> Nah, I don't mind if you are killing koalas, I'm just getting confused
> by which Brett is Brett, and which Dave is Dave :)

Dave is DaveA, except for when he is DaveB. DaveB does not go into
DaveA (unless there is something that i dont know about :D). DaveB is
divisible by 2 (bcos he has 2 bikes of course!). Dave B is NOT a prime
number, except on Tuesdays and when Janice has 3 red balls and 2 blue
balls. Janice doesnt tell anybody that she has balls on other days.
Brett is Brett, except for when he is Brett. In this scenario Brett
shall stay on one side of the forum and not post simultaneously with
Brett. This is to avoid Brett thinking he is schizophrenic or, Brett.
Brett is divisible by 6 and 13 (yes, it is red!). Brett will go into
Brett once (dont ask!).

F"reality is a gameshow and Im your host for the evening"Dutch

--
flyingdutch

SteveA

Apr 6, 2005, 10:48:25 PM4/6/05
At least if you went down, you are near (?) the Belrowes Medical Centre
which is, I believe, a medical centre staffed entirely by female
doctors. Might get some sympathy there.

SteveA

--
SteveA

hippy

Apr 7, 2005, 6:55:45 AM4/7/05

Can I have some of what you're on? :)

hippy

flyingdutch

Apr 7, 2005, 7:44:56 AM4/7/05

hippy Wrote:

> Can I have some of what you're on? :)
>
> hippy

No! Its all mine, miiiine i tells you!!!

Besides, it makes me goa round n round faster ,faster, faster...

..er, why is the room spinning?

F"loating"Dutch

--
flyingdutch

hippy

Apr 7, 2005, 10:22:26 AM4/7/05
flyingdutch wrote:
> hippy Wrote:
>>Can I have some of what you're on? :)
>
> No! Its all mine, miiiine i tells you!!!
> Besides, it makes me goa round n round faster ,faster, faster...
> ..er, why is the room spinning?

<southpark>"Seriously dude, lay off the cough syrup"</southpark>

I reckon you've had enough.. time to share.. :P

FD: The first reminder about Goat tomorrow (um tonight) night!

hippy

Brett

Apr 7, 2005, 5:42:57 PM4/7/05

>> Belrowes at the intersection of Pallarenda Road and Bundock Street.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Brett
> At least if you went down, you are near (?) the Belrowes Medical
> Centre which is, I believe, a medical centre staffed entirely by
> female doctors. Might get some sympathy there.
>
> SteveA

Yes and then again no. Have you tried to get in there? They are no
longer taking new patients. You have to wait for a few of the existing
ones to die I think. I suppose if I was bleeding to death it might have
been worth it. But for a couple of bruises and a sore head?

Actually that doesn't sound too different to a night on the town.

Cheers

Brett, Brad, Greg, etc

Random Data

Apr 7, 2005, 8:01:46 PM4/7/05
TimC <tcon...@no.spam.accepted.here-astro.swin.edu.au> wrote in message news:<slrn-0.9.7.4-22949-1...@hexane.ssi.swin.edu.au>...

> To the Dave who switched the Monastery post subject line reply from
> "So I pull out my revolver, and shoot him in the throat" to "So I pull
> out my Zefal and stab it through his throat": could you please stand
> up? There are too many Daves in this place.

Why would I want to do a thing like that? It might delay the imminent
explosion of your mind, and I want to see a good rant.

What's bizarre is that in my last two jobs (~7 years, eep) there
hasn't been another Dave to get me confused with.

Dave - who isn't the other one.