Roles & Responsibilities in Hippy's absence.

Shabby

May 31, 2005, 1:52:25 AM5/31/05

PiledHigher - Starter of obscure threads with tenuous link to cycling.

FlyingDutch - Crash bandicoot.

Carl Brewer - Post-whore. Giver of worldy bike racing advice (he's
learnt a lot in the 2.5 years he's raced). Edward Trollan baiting.
Excessive flirting with Tinkerbell (dude....she's born in the
80's.....).

Vacancies still exist for:

1. Excessively long race report writer (preferably from someone
consistnetly top 15 but not in the money).

2. Multiple bike collection and renaming officer.

3. Unix/Microsoft/USENET discussion starter.

--
Shabby

PiledHigher

May 31, 2005, 2:08:37 AM5/31/05

You missed doubtfully linking your eBay auctions into as many threads as
possible (after you have said that you won't)

--
PiledHigher

flyingdutch

May 31, 2005, 2:04:20 AM5/31/05

Shabby Wrote:
> PiledHigher - Starter of obscure threads with tenuous link to cycling.

fair call
Shabby Wrote:

> FlyingDutch - Crash bandicoot.

"Hi. My name is FD and Im a crashoholic"

"Hoyyyyyyyyyee Jaaaaassssooonnnn"

Shabby Wrote:

> Carl Brewer - Post-whore. Giver of worldy bike racing advice (he's
> learnt a lot in the 2.5 years he's raced). Edward Trollan baiting.
> Excessive flirting with Tinkerbell (dude....she's born in the
> 80's.....).

.. and yet everytime I see him racing he's getting dropped!
:rolleyes:
(runs away. 'you cant hit a cripple!)

Shabby Wrote:

> Vacancies still exist for:
>
> 1. Excessively long race report writer (preferably from someone
> consistnetly top 15 but not in the money).

Hey, I USED to do that...
just you wait for the laborious comeback trevails :rolleyes:

Shabby Wrote:

> 2. Multiple bike collection and renaming officer.

Now I GOTTA be up on the list there...

Shabby Wrote:

> 3. Unix/Microsoft/USENET discussion starter.

"Nerd-alert!!!. Beware the propellorheads are comin..."

You also forgot:

which bike to buy thread-starter

RaceReport Spoiler for TdF

How to build a fixie/SS from a tricycle frame, scooter or rocking
chair

eBay and the wierd buy

F"postaholic"Dutch

--
flyingdutch

suzyj

May 31, 2005, 2:24:46 AM5/31/05

Dutchie wrote:

> How to build a fixie/SS from a tricycle frame, scooter or rocking
chair

Mine!

Cheers,

Suzy (who promises to take photos of frame #3 and post them up real
soon)

--
suzyj

flyingdutch

Edward Dolan

May 31, 2005, 2:58:30 AM5/31/05

"Shabby" <Shabby...@no-mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote in message

> PiledHigher - Starter of obscure threads with tenuous link to cycling.
>
> FlyingDutch - Crash bandicoot.
>
> Carl Brewer - Post-whore. Giver of worldy bike racing advice (he's
> learnt a lot in the 2.5 years he's raced). Edward Trollan baiting.
> Excessive flirting with Tinkerbell (dude....she's born in the
> 80's.....).

Someone baiting me? Perish the thought! Anyone can post obscenities. Even I
could easily do that even though I am a Saint.

Carl Brewer has displayed his wares now for all to see and I will respond
accordingly. When I encounter a dirty minded foul mouth lout my memory is
engaged and I do not forget these kind of slights. Carl does not troll, he
mouths sexual innuendo for no purpose other than to annoy. This is ever the
hallmark of a scoundrel and anyone who overlooks it is a fool.

As for FlyingDutch, I never have the slightest notion what he is talking
about. Is he even speaking English. If so, it is his very own special brand
of English, that is for sure.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

suzyj

May 31, 2005, 3:04:09 AM5/31/05

Edward Trollan wrote:

> Even I could easily do that even though I am a Saint.

Carl's a good bloke, dutchy's a dude, Tam's heaps of fun and you're a
complete wanker. Simple as that. The sooner you figure that out and
bugger off, the better it'll be for all concerned.

Cheers,

Suzy

--
suzyj

suzyj

May 31, 2005, 3:27:25 AM5/31/05

Hippy wrote:

> Hey, what about me.. what do I get to do? :P

Swan around Europe, ya lucky b%^&ard.

Regards,

Suzy

--
suzyj

hippy

Parbs

May 31, 2005, 3:49:10 AM5/31/05
"hippy" wrote in message...

> Hey, what about me.. what do I get to do? :P

Oh No! Another nutter from the Northern Hemisphere! ;-)

Parbs

PiledHigher

May 31, 2005, 3:43:09 AM5/31/05

hippy Wrote:
> Hey, what about me.. what do I get to do? :P
>
> hippy

Call Australia regularly and surf Australian news groups, it'll be like
you never left (except for the hole in your bank balance).

--
PiledHigher

Shabby

May 31, 2005, 3:46:51 AM5/31/05

hippy Wrote:
> Hey, what about me.. what do I get to do? :P
>
> hippy

Drink after work, catch the tube home and eat curry.

So what weight are you up to after your Heathrow Injection?

--
Shabby

cfsmtb

May 31, 2005, 3:57:08 AM5/31/05

Shabby Wrote:

> 2. Multiple bike collection and renaming officer.

That's us, Bikesoiler & I, we're in possession of at least 20+ working
bikes/frames, and several more *new* projects. Mr Soiler's *very
inspired* upon his return from 2000km+ trek/base training across the
continent. He's looking forward to the next BR.......

Shabs; you forgot to include the
'Melbourne-Themed-Random-Cycling-Advocacy-Thread'. That's us too. ;)

--
cfsmtb

cfsmtb

May 31, 2005, 4:10:40 AM5/31/05

cfsmtb Wrote:

> Shabs; you forgot to include the
> 'Melbourne-Themed-Random-Cycling-Advocacy-Thread'. That's us too. ;)

Opppppps, not forgetting FD! :p

--
cfsmtb

byron27

May 31, 2005, 4:09:33 AM5/31/05

Shabby Wrote:

> Vacancies still exist for:
>
> 1. Excessively long race report writer (preferably from someone
> consistnetly top 15 but not in the money).

check!

http://tinyurl.com/clwg7

--
byron27

hippy

May 31, 2005, 4:07:34 AM5/31/05

Shabby Wrote:
> Drink after work, catch the tube home and eat curry.
> So what weight are you up to after your Heathrow Injection?

It's not too bad Shabs.. I'm still doing the '3x everything' money
conversion which helps me think twice about buying useless stuff (junk
food) and the lollies and stuff over here aren't as appealing to me so
I eat less. Still about 95kg with heaps less riding than when I was in
Melbourne.

hippy

--
hippy

flyingdutch

May 31, 2005, 7:24:50 AM5/31/05

Edward Dolan Wrote:

> As for FlyingDutch, I never have the slightest notion what he is
> talking
> about. Is he even speaking English. If so, it is his very own special
> brand
> of English, that is for sure.
>
> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Woooohoooo!!!

"Bullseye. we have sunk the bismark!"

I HAVE NO IDEA what Im talkin bout harf the times eye-for :D

and... I RODE TODAY, SO F@#%#%@^!N BEAT THAT!!!
(you have no idea how gooooooooooooooooooooooood it was)

F"Speakin Dutch-ish!"Dutch

--
flyingdutch

flyingdutch

May 31, 2005, 7:21:07 AM5/31/05

cfsmtb Wrote:
> Opppppps, not forgetting FD! :p

whoooaaaa Nelly!

20+ bikes!!! I bow in your presence, oh gods of main triangle :D:D:D

Lookin forward to sightings of the big fella :D

--
flyingdutch

ritcho

May 31, 2005, 7:26:37 AM5/31/05

flyingdutch Wrote:
> whoooaaaa Nelly!
>
> 20+ bikes!!! I bow in your presence, oh gods of main triangle :D:D:D
>
> Lookin forward to sightings of the big fella :D

What about serial responders?

Ritch

PS. starting to become grumpy at all the cyclists blowing red lights on
the way to work - in front of all kinds of cars and pedestrians... it
just doesn't do us any favours...

--
ritcho

cfsmtb

May 31, 2005, 7:41:12 AM5/31/05

ritcho Wrote:

> PS. starting to become grumpy at all the cyclists blowing red lights on
> the way to work - in front of all kinds of cars and pedestrians... it
> just doesn't do us any favours...

Yep, with you there. The next one's either getting chased down or
copping a blast of the AirZound.

Oooo, got OT, now where were we? Serial responders? A definite hands up
there too. Someone must bravely step forward, and fill the void left by
hippys absence.

--
cfsmtb

Parbs

May 31, 2005, 7:51:58 AM5/31/05
"ritcho" wrote in message ...

> PS. starting to become grumpy at all the cyclists blowing red lights on
> the way to work - in front of all kinds of cars and pedestrians... it
> just doesn't do us any favours...

Wouldn't happen to be those riding down Lilyfield Road?

Parbs

ritcho

May 31, 2005, 8:22:33 AM5/31/05

Sometimes, but those don't seem to be so bad, at least if you think
that having less people around makes it less bad to run a red.

I'm thinking more about the lights through Pyrmont between Anzac Br and
Pyrmont Br. The ones nearest Pyrmont Br usually have loads of
pedestrians on their way to work and lots of cars that turn across the
intersection. If I had a dollar for the number of near misses I've seen
at that intersection...

I know we're not all angels and all, but when a car screeches to a halt
'cos a commuter blows through the red, it doesn't look good.

Hey Parbs, do ride to the city from the west as well?

Ritch

--
ritcho

TimC

May 31, 2005, 8:38:23 AM5/31/05
On 2005-05-31, Shabby (aka Bruce)

> PiledHigher - Starter of obscure threads with tenuous link to cycling.
> Vacancies still exist for:
> 3. Unix/Microsoft/USENET discussion starter.

That's me, isn't it?

Weeks of coding can save you hours of planning. --unknown

Dave

May 31, 2005, 9:25:30 AM5/31/05

"TimC" <tcon...@no.spam.accepted.here-astro.swin.edu.au> wrote in message

> On 2005-05-31, Shabby (aka Bruce)
> > PiledHigher - Starter of obscure threads with tenuous link to cycling.
> > Vacancies still exist for:
> > 3. Unix/Microsoft/USENET discussion starter.
>
> That's me, isn't it?

Or me

Sara

May 31, 2005, 9:38:58 AM5/31/05
In article <hippy....@no-mx.forums.cyclingforums.com>, hippy
<hippy....@no-mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:

Lie back and think of England?

Sara

May 31, 2005, 9:37:51 AM5/31/05
In article <flyingdut...@no-mx.forums.cyclingforums.com>,
flyingdutch <flyingdut...@no-mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:

--
flyingdutch

Is this a good point to call out "MUSHROOM! MUSHROOM!"

Edward Dolan

May 31, 2005, 7:00:34 PM5/31/05

"suzyj" <suzyj....@no-mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote in message

That is a nice incestuous group you have there Suzy, old gal!

Carl's a foul mouth and an obscenity ladened lout, dutchy's an aborigine,
Tam's a tart who is always pissed and Suzy is a complete wanker and a bugger
offer (whatever that is) - but Ed Dolan is a Saint of the Order of the
Perpetual Sorrows which is located in Minnesota, USA.

nebakke

May 31, 2005, 7:35:40 PM5/31/05

Dave wrote:
> > > Vacancies still exist for:
> > > 3. Unix/Microsoft/USENET discussion starter.
> >
> > That's me, isn't it?
> >
> Or me

Actually, I was going to put my hand up for that one, still being new
and not having a position yet and all ;O)

-Rasmus

flyingdutch

May 31, 2005, 7:35:48 PM5/31/05

Edward Dolan Wrote:

> ...but Ed Dolan is a Saint of the Order of the

> Perpetual Sorrows which is located in Minnesota, USA.
>
> Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

hey, this guy is fun :D

AND from an org called O.O.P.S. – Minnesota

(and anyone who has been to the twin city knows how big an oops it is.
bwahahahahahah)

--
flyingdutch

PiledHigher

May 31, 2005, 7:50:11 PM5/31/05

Eddie "OoPS" D Wrote:

> dutchy's an aborigine,

Now it all makes sense, dutchy's in his jocks - loin cloth style (see
the for the ladies thread) and been killing roos in Eddie D's top
paddock.

On top of that Eddie doesn't know when he's being buggered with!
Strewth.

--
PiledHigher

Tamyka Bell

May 31, 2005, 8:19:25 PM5/31/05
Shabby wrote:

> PiledHigher - Starter of obscure threads with tenuous link to cycling.
>
> FlyingDutch - Crash bandicoot.
>
> Carl Brewer - Post-whore. Giver of worldy bike racing advice (he's
> learnt a lot in the 2.5 years he's raced). Edward Trollan baiting.
> Excessive flirting with Tinkerbell (dude....she's born in the
> 80's.....).
>
> Vacancies still exist for:
>
> 1. Excessively long race report writer (preferably from someone
> consistnetly top 15 but not in the money).
>
> 2. Multiple bike collection and renaming officer.
>
> 3. Unix/Microsoft/USENET discussion starter.
>
> --
> Shabby

It takes six people to replace hippy? And he still posts!

Tam

TimC

May 31, 2005, 8:19:44 PM5/31/05
On 2005-05-31, Sara (aka Bruce)

Pretty!

> Is this a good point to call out "MUSHROOM! MUSHROOM!"

It's a llama! Oh, it's a llama!

When I'M trying to get somebody fired, I always walk a mile in their
shoes first. That way, when I get them fired and they get all angry
with me, I'm a mile away, and I'VE GOT THEIR SHOES! HAW HAW!
--Beable van Polasm, alt.religion.kibology

flyingdutch

May 31, 2005, 8:41:21 PM5/31/05

PiledHigher Wrote:
> Now it all makes sense, dutchy's in his jocks - loin cloth style (see
> the for the ladies thread) and been killing roos in Eddie D's top
> paddock.
>
> On top of that Eddie doesn't know when he's being buggered with!
> Strewth.

LOL :D makes for faster service at the counter too!

F"Walkabout"Dutch

--
flyingdutch

hippy

May 31, 2005, 8:33:43 PM5/31/05

Tamyka Bell Wrote:

> It takes six people to replace hippy? And he still posts!

hehehe shh.. his panniers don't fit through the door.. don't do the
same to his head! ;)

hippy
- unbelieveabubble!

--
hippy

cfsmtb

May 31, 2005, 9:27:01 PM5/31/05

Ah, come on, DRS disappeared in early January '05. Maybe he's still
lurking. Yes, I'm top posting. A quaint, but well known troll summoning
ritual.

--
cfsmtb

Edward Dolan

May 31, 2005, 9:30:03 PM5/31/05

"PiledHigher" <PiledHigh...@no-mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote in
message news:PiledHigh...@no-mx.forums.cyclingforums.com...

What does Ed know and what does Ed not know? And what does Ed want the
newsgroup to think? Yea, that is the question.

FlyingDutch may have the rest of you fooled but I know for a fact that he is
an aborigine. He has a dark skin and a black heart, and a bald pate with
white whiskers sprouting from his chin like a burning bush. He makes all
those funny sounds and yelps in his posts because he is an aborigine and
that is his native language. The White Man of Australia has never understood
this language even though he pretends to. As a result the communication is
"nil " (to use Tinker Bell's favorite word), but I, Ed Dolan the Great, will
now set the rest of you straight. I am able to do this because I have been
on this newsgroup for several days and now know everything there is to know
about this group and, indeed, about Australia too for that matter. I am a
quick study.

FlyingDutch makes all those weird sounds because he is in great pain. He
does not really like cycling. In fact, he hates bicycles. He was born to
trod the dusty plains of the Outback of Central and Western Australia in his
bare black feet living off of bugs and other vermin, with a staff in one
hand and shaking his fist at the heavens with the other hand. He wants to
return to his ancestral ways. He is quite correct to feel the way he does as
man was designed for walking, not for cycling. Man has walked the face of
the earth for 99% of his existence and bicycles are a very late invention
not at all suited to a bipedal creature.

If the rest of you had the brains you were born with, you would let
FlyingDutch return to the desert and worship his primeval gods and go blind
from staring at the setting sun like he wants to. But I must warn
FlyingDutch and the White Man of Australia that there are billions of little
yellow men to the North of you in a place called China who are going to come
pouring down on you like a monsoon and take over your country. They will
kill all the aborigines (just too primitive you know) like they wanted to do
to the Tibetans. They will keep the White Man around as a curiosity and as
an example of how stupid a race can be. FlyingDutch won't care about any of
this because he will be laying in the soil near Ayre's Rock communing with
his dark skin black hearted ancestors.

flyingdutch

May 31, 2005, 9:51:39 PM5/31/05

Edward Dolan Wrote:

> snippin the troll :D

Bwahahahahahahahahahah

quiet Ed! I have kept the dozen or so other forum regulars fooled with
all that zinc i put on for the BR rides and you try and blow my cover!
:rolleyes:

F"goin blind starin at the settin sun"Dutch

--
flyingdutch

Edward Dolan

May 31, 2005, 9:57:53 PM5/31/05

"cfsmtb" <cfsmtb...@no-mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote in message

There is entirely too much abbreviation going on here. And yes, top posting
is a mortal sin for which you will be severely punished in the world to
come.

Ed Dolan the Great - Order for Orderly Posting - Minnesota

PiledHigher

May 31, 2005, 10:13:50 PM5/31/05

"Dick" Ed Wrote:

> There is entirely too much abbreviation going on here. And yes, top
> posting
> is a mortal sin for which you will be severely punished in the world
> come.
>
> Ed Dolan the Great - Order for Orderly Posting - Minnesota

So that's Ed'D the G-OOP!

--
PiledHigher

LotteBum

May 31, 2005, 10:25:59 PM5/31/05

This is quite entertaining, I must say.

--
LotteBum

Edward Dolan

May 31, 2005, 10:40:30 PM5/31/05

"flyingdutch" <flyingdut...@no-mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote in
message news:flyingdut...@no-mx.forums.cyclingforums.com...
[...]

> quiet Ed! I have kept the dozen or so other forum regulars fooled with
> all that zinc i put on for the BR rides and you try and blow my cover!
> :rolleyes:
>
> F"goin blind starin at the settin sun"Dutch
>

> --
> flyingdutch

A nice deflection FlyingDutch, but I have laid down the gauntlet. If there
are any intellectuals here on AB I will soon be engaged. Frankly, I can't
think of any more insults to pass around at the moment.

Ed Dolan the Wise - Order of Intellects - Minnesota

God! I am starting to write one-liners like everyone else here on AB!

alison_b

May 31, 2005, 10:31:09 PM5/31/05
*raises my hand* well, since Rasmus has forsaken the lurker role,
perhaps I could take on "lurker, sometimes poster"? I mean...
someone's gotta do it :o

cheers,
ali

--
alison_b

cfsmtb

May 31, 2005, 10:51:02 PM5/31/05

warrwych Wrote:
> think you might have some competition for that one !!
> ;)

Bring it on! :p

--
cfsmtb

warrwych

May 31, 2005, 10:46:37 PM5/31/05

alison_b Wrote:
> *raises my hand* well, since Rasmus has forsaken the lurker role,
> perhaps I could take on "lurker, sometimes poster"? I mean...
> someone's gotta do it :o
>
> cheers,
> ali

think you might have some competition for that one !!
;)

--
warrwych

warrwych

May 31, 2005, 10:52:57 PM5/31/05

Edward Dolan Wrote:

> A nice deflection FlyingDutch, but I have laid down the gauntlet. If
> there
> are any intellectuals here on AB I will soon be engaged. Frankly, I
> can't
> think of any more insults to pass around at the moment.
>
> Ed Dolan the Wise - Order of Intellects - Minnesota
>
> God! I am starting to write one-liners like everyone else here on AB!

you are learning a thing or two about Orstrayliens, Ed OOPS from
Minnesota.. we don't brandish our intellect is wearing you down like
proverbial chinese torture methods (despite our coyness about flashing
it about). The Orstraylien way is to make pretence to egalitarianism
(hence the reticence to display corpuscular power) and feign ignorance
and decrease intellectual capacity as a proposed pathway to bliss and
enlightment.

We also talk a lot of sh!t. So you fit right in honey! dont be
shy........

--
warrwych

flyingdutch

May 31, 2005, 10:53:49 PM5/31/05

Edward Dolan Wrote:

> A nice deflection FlyingDutch, but I have laid down the gauntlet. If
> there
> are any intellectuals here on AB I will soon be engaged. Frankly, I
> can't
> think of any more insults to pass around at the moment.
>
> Ed Dolan the Wise - Order of Intellects - Minnesota
>
> God! I am starting to write one-liners like everyone else here on AB!

i think youre sittin on said gauntlet Eddie-D
(not to be confused with our resident EddieC who actually rides)
cant think of any more insults? :D
youre not trying! Perhaps your intellect is 'Out of' Order, LOL

F"disengaged and still slayin the troll"Dutch

--
flyingdutch

SteveA

May 31, 2005, 11:00:06 PM5/31/05

Does a troll implode when he reaches self parody, even if he reaches
that point unknowingly and unintentionally?

Steve(here little troll, here funny little troll......)A

--
SteveA

Stuart Lamble

May 31, 2005, 11:30:18 PM5/31/05
On 2005-06-01, flyingdutch wrote:
[...]

> F"disengaged and still slayin the troll"Dutch

___________________________
/| /| | |
||__|| | Please don't |
/ O O\__ feed |
/ \ the trolls |
/ \ \ |
/ _ \ \ ----------------------
/ |\____\ \ ||
/ | | | |\____/ ||
/ \|_|_|/ | __||
/ / \ |____| ||
/ | | /| | --|
| | |// |____ --|
* _ | |_|_|_| | \-/
*-- _--\ _ \ // |
/ _ \\ _ // | /
* / \_ /- | - | |
* ___ c_c_c_C/ \C_c_c_c____________

flyingdutch

May 31, 2005, 11:29:08 PM5/31/05

is that like dissapearing up one's end?

--
flyingdutch

SteveA

May 31, 2005, 11:34:37 PM5/31/05

flyingdutch Wrote:
> is that like dissapearing up one's end?

Isn't that the English translation of the Italian word "innuendo"?

Steve(gettin' out the bum jokes)A

--
SteveA

Edward Dolan

May 31, 2005, 11:44:32 PM5/31/05

"SteveA" <SteveA...@no-mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote in message

Yes, SteveA has gotten it! I am into self parody and I am conscious of it
all the time. I think it is the finest form of humor but it is not for
everyone. You have to be have lots of self confidence to use it and you have
to be prepared to receive it as well. Parody does not work if you put
smileys after your statements. You have to pretend to be dead serious all
the time.

However, if you note well, I am saying something of substance too so I am
not so easy to dismiss as it first appears. There is always something to
everything I say that can lead to further discussion if you have the stomach
for it.

I am a master of parody and most especially self parody. The thing you have
to be able to do with parody is to distance yourself from your subject. If
you are unable to do this, then you can never do parody. Most folks are
unable to distance themselves from themselves, and so self parody is
impossible for them. I encounter these types of persons everyday of my life.
They are limited by both their intelligence and their imagination.

Ed Dolan the Provocateur - Ministry of Provocation - Minnesota

ritcho

May 31, 2005, 11:54:43 PM5/31/05

Hmmm. I tried to think of something that was half as intelligent as
anything Ed has written, but he sets such a standard!

Ritch

--
ritcho

Edward Dolan

May 31, 2005, 11:58:51 PM5/31/05

"flyingdutch" <flyingdut...@no-mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote in
message news:flyingdut...@no-mx.forums.cyclingforums.com...

An insult must be intelligent and not on the order of a Carl Brewer
obscenity. Further, the insult should contian at least a kernal of truth and
be somewhat subtle so as to confound and confuse an easy retort. A stupid
insult is a waste of time whereas an intelligent insult is a fine art.

> F"disengaged and still slayin the troll"Dutch

I am a bit of a troll I must admit, but I am the best kind of troll there
is. I will be responsive and fully engage anyone or anything. Who could ask
for more?

ARBR was taken down by a criminal vandal troll. I am a law abiding troll and
you can have some fun with me.

Ed Trollian - Society of Trolls - Minnesota

Stuart Lamble

Jun 1, 2005, 12:03:04 AM6/1/05
On 2005-06-01, ritcho <ritcho...@no-mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> Hmmm. I tried to think of something that was half as intelligent as
> anything Ed has written, but he sets such a standard!

You can't get lower? Not surprised -- it'd take a pro to do that, and no
self-respecting pro would do so.

I plonked him a long time ago.

Edward Dolan

Jun 1, 2005, 12:09:10 AM6/1/05

"warrwych" <warrwyc...@no-mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote in message

But surely there is a happy medium between the two extremes. It is important
to occasionally say something of substance as mindless chitchat can rot the
brain. So far I have not noted any intelligent beings here of any substance.
I am sure they are here, but I have not seen any so far. Just lots and lots
of mindless chitchat. Surely, newsgroups should have a higher purpose than
that. Or are newgroups like TV - just a vast wasteland?

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

alison_b

Jun 1, 2005, 12:07:01 AM6/1/05

warrwych Wrote:
> think you might have some competition for that one !!
> ;)
It's a puzzle... how to compete as a lurker without losing lurker
status!

perhaps a pop quiz each week? :D

cheers,
ali

--
alison_b

cfsmtb

Jun 1, 2005, 12:12:21 AM6/1/05

alison_b Wrote:
> It's a puzzle... how to compete as a lurker without losing lurker
> status!
>
> perhaps a pop quiz each week? :D

Yeah, we like it. Maybe Fred K. & I will re-start having those 80's pop
eccentrica quizs?

--
cfsmtb

warrwych

Jun 1, 2005, 12:22:45 AM6/1/05

alison_b Wrote:
> It's a puzzle... how to compete as a lurker without losing lurker
> status!
>
> perhaps a pop quiz each week? :D
>
> cheers,
> ali

it is indeed, a dilemma. Perhaps there is a buddhist or two within the
ranks who can oblige?? :D

how about a crank quiz???

--
warrwych

flyingdutch

Jun 1, 2005, 12:23:06 AM6/1/05

suzyj Wrote:
> cfsmtb wrote:
>
> > Yeah, we like it. Maybe Fred K. & I will re-start having those
> > 80's pop eccentrica quizs?
>
> Aaah! That reminds me! Whilst riding home from work the other day,
> listening to crappy old Split Enz on my mp3 player, I had a thought...
>
> What are people's favorite hill-climb songs? Better restrict it to
> crappy 80's stuff, or else old farts like me won't understand...
>
> Cheers,
>
> Suzy

80's trivia? spent half an hour yesterday tryin to remember whom had
done 'Word Up' in mid eighties. finally called google who revealed
"Cameo".
Now there is hair!

As for hill climbin songs... anything hard, anything fast!
Altho Ride of the Valkyrie can hit the spot too

F"Charlie dont surf"Dutch

--
flyingdutch

suzyj

Jun 1, 2005, 12:15:20 AM6/1/05

cfsmtb wrote:

> Yeah, we like it. Maybe Fred K. & I will re-start having those
> 80's pop eccentrica quizs?

Aaah! That reminds me! Whilst riding home from work the other day,

listening to crappy old Split Enz on my mp3 player, I had a thought...

What are people's favorite hill-climb songs? Better restrict it to
crappy 80's stuff, or else old farts like me won't understand...

Cheers,

Suzy

--
suzyj

Tamyka Bell

Jun 1, 2005, 12:32:20 AM6/1/05

It doesn't matter what strenuous physical activity I'm doing, it's 500
miles...and I would walk 500 miles and I would walk 500 more... and I
change walk/run/ride etc as appropriate, and occasionally change the
following bits. Once it was "just to be the club that walks 1000 miles
to train with sex god George" who was one of our Boxing coaches, mostly
we did that when he made us hold a pushup for 5 minutes, because he
hated it.

Tam

Edward Dolan

Jun 1, 2005, 12:48:21 AM6/1/05

"ritcho" <ritcho...@no-mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote in message
[...]

> Hmmm. I tried to think of something that was half as intelligent as
> anything Ed has written, but he sets such a standard!
>
> Ritch

You left out the word "high" just before "standard." Yes, I am here waiting
for an Aussie intellectual, or is that an oxymoron? In any event, you aren't
it.

What I can't figure out is why Tinker Bell does not take me on. She is
supposedly employed at the University of Queensland which I understand is an
institution of higher learning in fair Aussie-land. But maybe she is just
there as a lab technician, you know, the one who cleans up after the
experimental animals.

Ed Dolan the Intellectual - Order of Intellects - Minnesota

Edward Dolan

Jun 1, 2005, 12:59:00 AM6/1/05

"Stuart Lamble" <7d5-...@carousel.its.monash.edu.au> wrote in message

> On 2005-06-01, ritcho <ritcho...@no-mx.forums.cyclingforums.com>
> wrote:
>> Hmmm. I tried to think of something that was half as intelligent as
>> anything Ed has written, but he sets such a standard!
>
> You can't get lower? Not surprised -- it'd take a pro to do that, and no
> self-respecting pro would do so.
>
> I plonked him a long time ago.

Here is Stuart Lamble displaying the worst characteristics of a human being.
In fact, he is acting exactly like the kind of Americans that ARBR was full
of and was finally brought down by a single criminal vandal troll. Kill
filers are kissing kin to cowards and will not defend the group against
criminal interlopers when the occasion arises. No newsgroup needs this kind
of cowardly bloke, that is for sure. Let us hope that he kill files himself
and disappears into the ether.

Ed Dolan the Greatest - Order of Higher Beings - Minnesota

cfsmtb

Jun 1, 2005, 1:06:15 AM6/1/05

suzyj Wrote:
> Aaah! That reminds me! Whilst riding home from work the other day,
> listening to crappy old Split Enz on my mp3 player, I had a thought...
>
> What are people's favorite hill-climb songs? Better restrict it to
> crappy 80's stuff, or else old farts like me won't understand...
>
> Cheers,
>
> Suzy

Matter-of-fact, on the weekend, we were listening to the True Colours
CD.

Here's some we blogged earlier:
http://cfsmtb.blogspot.com/2005_02_01_cfsmtb_archive.html

A biased selection based upon the same artist for both the climb & the
fun bit on the other side of the hill:

Roxy Music, 'Both Ends Burning', 'Price of Love' (cue the trumpet)

Sparks, 'Angst in My Pants', 'This Town Ain't Big Enough for the Both
of Us'

Iggy Pop, 'The Passenger', 'Lust for Life'

Killing Joke, 'Dominator', '(Lets all go to the) Fire Dances'

Count Basie, 'One o' Clock Jump', 'Jumping At The Woodside'

Madness, 'Nightboat to Cairo', 'One Step Beyond'

TISM, 'Get Thee To A Nunnery' , 'Greg The Stop Sign'

--
cfsmtb

suzyj

Jun 1, 2005, 1:44:29 AM6/1/05

Here's a really sad admission:

When I were young, I had a copy of the "top gun" soundtrack on a
cassette tape.

I'd bung it in my walkman, hit play at the end of the driveway, and try
like hell to get to school before "Danger Zone", by Kenny Loggins
finished.

Even now, 20+ years later, my pulse rate goes up when I listen to that
damned song.

Cheers,

Suzy

--
suzyj

cfsmtb

Jun 1, 2005, 1:47:13 AM6/1/05

suzyj Wrote:
> Here's a really sad admission:

.. Now I've had the time of my life.... :eek:

--
cfsmtb

nebakke

Jun 1, 2005, 2:05:02 AM6/1/05

alison_b wrote:

> warrwych Wrote:
> It's a puzzle... how to compete as a lurker without losing lurker
> status!
>
> perhaps a pop quiz each week? :D

So maybe something like letting the one who takes the longest to answer
wins? That sounds like an excellent idea to me ;O)

-Rasmus

nebakke

Jun 1, 2005, 2:10:19 AM6/1/05

cfsmtb wrote:

> .. Now I've had the time of my life.... :eek:

*cringe* that's from Dirty Dancing though, not Top Gun ;O)

-Rasmus

DaveB

Jun 1, 2005, 2:25:38 AM6/1/05

Ok Suzy, download this video and fast forward to about 6:25 for the
precursor to Dangerzone kicking in at 6:45

http://www.digave.com/videos/b-web.mpg

DaveB "WARNING: This video should not be watched just prior to commuting"

flyingdutch

Jun 1, 2005, 2:16:14 AM6/1/05

you are our first honorary 'loser' just for retaining such information

:rolleyes:

--
flyingdutch

Marty

Jun 1, 2005, 3:17:20 AM6/1/05

Lenny Kravits - Fly away
Plastic bertrand - Ca plane pour moi
Eagle Eye Cherry - Don't give up (Best played when you're really tired)
Eric Clapton - Classical gas (The perfection of this music really
inspires me.)
Kraftwork - Popcorn (Great beat! Best played loud.)
Blur - There's no other way

Marty

suzyj

Jun 1, 2005, 3:00:59 AM6/1/05

DaveB wrote:

> Ok Suzy, download this video and fast forward to about 6:25 for the
> precursor to Dangerzone kicking in at 6:45

> http://www.digave.com/videos/b-web.mpg

Wow... Talk about playing in traffic. Nutters!

Cheers,

Suzy

--
suzyj

Parbs

Jun 1, 2005, 4:15:09 AM6/1/05
"ritcho" wrote in message ...

> Hey Parbs, do ride to the city from the west as well?

From Ashfield to Broadway, but not at the moment, had an almost very nasty crash with a truck on last Thursday - mostly my fault.
The result -one very bruised shoulder, cracked helmet and seat stay.

I've only just started using Lilyfield Rd, used to go Allen St, Moore St, Booth St & Bridge Road. Much more scenic & less stop
start on Lilyfield Rd.

Should be back out there next week, but will stick to singlespeeding and will not race trucks & cars on the road bike.

Parbs

Parbs

Jun 1, 2005, 4:34:01 AM6/1/05
"Tamyka Bell" wrote in message >

> It doesn't matter what strenuous physical activity I'm doing, it's 500
> miles...and I would walk 500 miles and I would walk 500 more... and I
> change walk/run/ride etc as appropriate, and occasionally change the
> following bits. Once it was "just to be the club that walks 1000 miles
> to train with sex god George" who was one of our Boxing coaches, mostly
> we did that when he made us hold a pushup for 5 minutes, because he
> hated it.

Oh Sh!t, Tam's given me an ear worm

Parbs

TimC

Jun 1, 2005, 5:51:09 AM6/1/05
On 2005-06-01, cfsmtb (aka Bruce)

> TISM, 'Get Thee To A Nunnery' , 'Greg The Stop Sign'
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Predictable :)

It might be too subtle to sing that next time some fscker cuts me off.

A bug in the code is worth two in the documentation. --unknown

aeek

Jun 1, 2005, 6:40:24 AM6/1/05

DaveB Wrote:

> Ok Suzy, download this video and fast forward to about 6:25 for the
> precursor to Dangerzone kicking in at 6:45
>
> http://www.digave.com/videos/b-web.mpg
>
> DaveB "WARNING: This video should not be watched just prior to
> commuting"

Its the feel of why I am starting to get hooked commuting at peak.
There's something about playing with the traffic, even legally.

--
aeek

Carl Brewer

Jun 1, 2005, 7:20:26 PM6/1/05
On Wed, 1 Jun 2005 09:50:11 +1000, PiledHigher
<PiledHigh...@no-mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:

>Eddie "OoPS" D Wrote:
>>

>> dutchy's an aborigine,
>>

>Now it all makes sense, dutchy's in his jocks - loin cloth style (see
>the for the ladies thread) and been killing roos in Eddie D's top
>paddock.
>
>On top of that Eddie doesn't know when he's being buggered with!

he must be rather ... insensitive ...

Carl Brewer

Jun 1, 2005, 7:25:35 PM6/1/05
On Tue, 31 May 2005 21:24:50 +1000, flyingdutch
<flyingdut...@no-mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:

>and... I RODE TODAY, SO F@#%#%@^!N BEAT THAT!!!
>(you have no idea how gooooooooooooooooooooooood it was)

Mmmm, riding ...

Glad to hear you're back on wheels!

Carl Brewer

Jun 1, 2005, 7:50:23 PM6/1/05

comfortably numb

Tamyka Bell

Jun 1, 2005, 8:37:11 PM6/1/05

Um, you know, you didn't NEED to tell us that...

Tam

Stuart Lamble

Jun 1, 2005, 8:48:44 PM6/1/05
On 2005-06-02, Tamyka Bell <t.b...@uq.edu.au> wrote:
> cfsmtb wrote:
>>
>> suzyj Wrote:
>> > Here's a really sad admission:
>>
>> .. Now I've had the time of my life.... :eek:
>
> Um, you know, you didn't NEED to tell us that...

But Tam, he's been waiting for so long, and now he's finally found
someone ...

Tamyka Bell

Jun 1, 2005, 9:06:06 PM6/1/05
Stuart Lamble wrote:

> On 2005-06-02, Tamyka Bell <t.b...@uq.edu.au> wrote:
> > cfsmtb wrote:

> >> .. Now I've had the time of my life.... :eek:
> >
> > Um, you know, you didn't NEED to tell us that...
>
> But Tam, he's been waiting for so long, and now he's finally found
> someone ...

ROFLMAO

Oh wait, I mean, I don't get it...

Tam

flyingdutch

Jun 1, 2005, 9:36:43 PM6/1/05

Tamyka Bell Wrote:

> > But Tam, he's been waiting for so long, and now he's finally found
> > someone ...[/color]

> ROFLMAO
>
> Oh wait, I mean, I don't get it...
>
> Tam

..AND he's never felt this way befooooore!

he musta just got his first fixie :D:D:D

--
flyingdutch

Resound

Jun 1, 2005, 10:02:33 PM6/1/05

"flyingdutch" <flyingdut...@no-mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote in
message news:flyingdut...@no-mx.forums.cyclingforums.com...

I tried listening to the radio the other day...just wrong. I tend to pedal
in time to the music, so my cadence was all over the place. I think I need
an MP3 player and a playlist carefully selected for inspirational boppiness
and, more importantly, BPM. Start off easy and then ramp up to a nice
constant 100-110 or something. I'm still rather clueless when it comes to
that...should I be paying ANY attention to Lance's cadence in that Nike
promo vid or is he a freak? I seem to recall reading somewhere that he
pedals unusually fast.

Tamyka Bell

Jun 1, 2005, 10:03:50 PM6/1/05
Resound wrote:
<snip>

> that...should I be paying ANY attention to Lance's cadence in that Nike
> promo vid or is he a freak? I seem to recall reading somewhere that he
> pedals unusually fast.

He's a freak.

Tam

Resound

Jun 1, 2005, 10:12:22 PM6/1/05

"Marty" <ma...@geo.net.au> wrote in message

Concrete Blonde, most of the "Bloodletting" album.
The Cure - "Boys don't Cry" and "Lovecats" (good tempo)
Joy Division - "Warsaw" and "Transmission"
Joe Satriani - "Satch Boogie"

I keep thinking of other stuff, but it tends more to the 90s.

Message has been deleted

cfsmtb

Jun 1, 2005, 10:34:17 PM6/1/05

flyingdutch Wrote:
> ...AND he's never felt this way befooooore!

.......Yes I swear it's the truth

next line, next line.....

--
cfsmtb

Tamyka Bell

Jun 1, 2005, 10:45:29 PM6/1/05

<badly>
and I owe it all to you ...

yay aus.karaoke

Tam

flyingdutch

Jun 1, 2005, 10:47:59 PM6/1/05

cfsmtb Wrote:
> ........Yes I swear it's the truth
>

> next line, next line.....

have you no shame???

--
flyingdutch

cfsmtb

Jun 1, 2005, 11:03:23 PM6/1/05

....I've been waiting for so long (out of tune yodel)

--
cfsmtb

Stuart Lamble

Jun 1, 2005, 11:45:15 PM6/1/05
On 2005-06-02, flyingdutch wrote:
> cfsmtb Wrote:
>> ........Yes I swear it's the truth
>>

>> next line, next line.....
>
> have you no shame???

The fact that any given person is posting to a.b is an indication that,
for them, the answer is a definite "NO!" ;)

BrettM

Jun 3, 2005, 9:57:48 AM6/3/05
suzyj <suzyj....@no-mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote in

> Here's a really sad admission:
>

> When I were young, I had a copy of the "top gun" soundtrack on a
> cassette tape.
>
> I'd bung it in my walkman, hit play at the end of the driveway, and
try
> like hell to get to school before "Danger Zone", by Kenny Loggins
> finished.
>
> Even now, 20+ years later, my pulse rate goes up when I listen to that
> damned song.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Suzy

First time I jumped that track just popped into my head. It makes a
horrible ear worm.

Cheers

BrettM