Z400 Digital Network Media Player - opinios please

David

Jan 23, 2005, 8:31:10 PM1/23/05
Anyone used one of these?
www.zensonic.com.au/z400.php

Any feedback from users would be great as im considering getting one.

Thanks

David

Trevor S

Jan 23, 2005, 10:56:31 PM1/23/05
David <do...@haveone.com> wrote in news:41f44ff0$0$80148$c30e37c6@lon-
reader.news.telstra.net:

> Anyone used one of these?
> www.zensonic.com.au/z400.php
>
> Any feedback from users would be great as im considering getting one.

As am I with lots of xvid and divx encoded files.

This review is worth a read if you haven't already.

http://www.overclockers.com.au/article.php?id=326780

I also think something like this would be good as well, though I haven't
seen anything like it in Aus.

http://www6.tomshardware.com/consumer/20050106/modix-11.html

--
Trevor S

-Albert Einstein

David

Jan 24, 2005, 12:07:58 AM1/24/05
Thanks for that. I think im sold on it. Also heard there has been a
price drop on them too.

Just gotta source myself a new adsl modem/router with 802.11g now and
away we go :)

David

Message has been deleted

Mastiha

Jan 24, 2005, 12:38:15 AM1/24/05
I like my modded Xbox with Xbox Media Centre on it.

"Rap§cal" <pbro...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:gu09v0l6a60sboto8...@4ax.com...

> Nearly got this one but now I'm waiting for the z500. Need the DVD
> drive and like the usb2 option.

David

Jan 24, 2005, 1:30:05 AM1/24/05
With the xbox can you stream from the network. Eg, files stored remotely
on a computer.

also, does the xbox have the option of 802.11g network interface?

does sound kinda cool gaining a gaming console too, although im loathed
to purchase anything from micro$oft.

David

Mastiha

Jan 24, 2005, 2:20:02 AM1/24/05
> With the xbox can you stream from the network. Eg, files stored remotely on a computer.

Yes.

> also, does the xbox have the option of 802.11g network interface?

You will need a wireless bridge.

It probably will cost more than a z400. Your costs would be as follows:

Refrubished Xbox from EB = $150
Linksys WGA54G Wireless-G Game adapter = $140
Mod Chip (cheap Aladdin) = $50-$60 Installed
Xbox media Center = $0

The Xbox media Center can play a load of codecs which are always updated.

Here are some links with more info:

http://www.xboxmediacenter.de/info_project.htm
http://waltercedric.com/Mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=58&Itemid=40
http://www.tomshardware.com/consumer/20040511/index.html

David

Jan 24, 2005, 3:49:09 AM1/24/05
Thanks for the info. I know i could probably just look this up
somewhere, but since u have a xbox...

what A/V outputs does a xbox have?

also, how much for a remote control for it (wireless of course)?

Mastiha

Jan 24, 2005, 4:10:15 AM1/24/05
> what A/V outputs does a xbox have?

It comes with just composite but you can buy a Advanced AV pack which has S-Video and a toslink audio output. You could also import
a High Definition AV Pack (http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=83&products_id=1742&PHPSESSID=12f714d6c3f8816bb634c4e24642e5a6)
which has component connectors and a toslink audio output.

With the HD pack, if you change the video output of your Xbox to NTSC using a mod chip, you can get the Xbox to output in 480p, 720p
or 1080i. You can then select what output you want in Xbox Media Center i.e. you can upscale to 1080i if you wished.

> also, how much for a remote control for it (wireless of course)?

Around $40 for a Microsoft one. I saw one at Audi a while back for $14)

Mastiha

Jan 24, 2005, 8:00:31 AM1/24/05
Opps.

Audi=Aldi

"Mastiha" <mas...@REMOVETHISmastiha.net> wrote in message

angryofmayfair

Jan 24, 2005, 8:35:36 AM1/24/05

> I also think something like this would be good as well, though I haven't
> seen anything like it in Aus.
>
> http://www6.tomshardware.com/consumer/20050106/modix-11.html

Here's something similar/better and due in Feb:

http://www.gizmag.com.au/go/3633/

HD Component/RGB output!

:-)

David

Jan 27, 2005, 12:22:40 AM1/27/05
Well ive ordered one. Just gotta wait for it and my new 802.11g adsl
modem/router/VOIP phone to arrive. Will let you guys know my opinion
once ive got it up and running.