External USB CD Burner Wanted

Ivor Longwonne

May 17, 2005, 4:08:49 AM5/17/05
Must be USB 1.0 compatible. Speed isn't a problem. Will pay cash, or trade
for 80/100/120gb HDDs (7200RPM).
Let me know if you have one available.
Thanks
top...@tpg.com.au

spodosaurus

May 17, 2005, 5:47:24 AM5/17/05

How much are you looking to pay? I know USB 2.0 is backwards compatible
with USB 1.1, but I'm not sure about USB 1.0. That said, for about $115
you can put a new cdburner in an new external USB housing.

http://www.abmdr.org.au/
http://www.marrow.org/

Ivor Longwonne

May 17, 2005, 7:06:21 AM5/17/05

"spodosaurus" <spodosaurus@_yahoo_.com> wrote in message

> Ivor Longwonne wrote:
>> Must be USB 1.0 compatible. Speed isn't a problem. Will pay cash, or
>> trade for 80/100/120gb HDDs (7200RPM).
>> Let me know if you have one available.
>> Thanks
>> top...@tpg.com.au
>>

> How much are you looking to pay? I know USB 2.0 is backwards compatible
> with USB 1.1, but I'm not sure about USB 1.0. That said, for about $115
> you can put a new cdburner in an new external USB housing.

Sorry, meant to say USB 1.1.
Thanks for the info. I will check with a few retailers.

spodosaurus

May 17, 2005, 8:20:59 AM5/17/05

This is the one I'm using with my Pioneer 107D drive ($63):
http://www.webber4.com.au/info.asp?part=USB-WELL-ME340U2

Liteon cdrw drive ($35)
http://www.umart.com.au/newindex2.phtml?bid=2

You can probably find both at one place and save on shipping. All up,
$98+ shipping.

cheers,

Ari