Native 64 Bit Convolver In J River?

lasker 98

Jan 4, 2012, 11:13:24 AM1/4/12
to Audiolense User Forum
There's a thread on J River forum gauging interest in a native
convolution engine. Personally, I think this would be a fantastic
development.
If interested, please check out this link and show your support:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=68828.0

Bill

Bernt Ronningsbakk

Jan 4, 2012, 2:11:32 PM1/4/12
to audio...@googlegroups.com
I agree.

Everybody should go there and declare their support for this feature.

I have been in contact with one of the founders / developers recently and
given them mine.

Kind regards,

Bernt

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=68828.0

Bill

Brad

Jan 6, 2012, 12:06:43 AM1/6/12
to Audiolense User Forum
Been to JRiver Interact many times.

Matt has fixed several problems I posted related to Audiolense and
ConvolverVST support over the past few v17 beta builds up through
17.0.62.

I can now send upmixed 7.1 through 16 active XO loudspeaker channels
and have fine tuning of channel gain, digital volume control, and
other features in JRiver DSP. Cool.

Bernt Ronningsbakk

Jan 6, 2012, 9:51:44 AM1/6/12
to audio...@googlegroups.com
Matt and his partners are doing a great job, and has been for quite some
time. And the player is only getting better and better and better. They have
always been very responsive towards my requests and later towards the
requests of Audiolense users.

About 1-2 years ago I asked them if it was possible to expand the number of
correction channels beyond the 8 channels in the 7.1 format. There are a few
Audiolense users who have 14-16 channels to correct, and they couldn't use
the embedded plugin host before. In the next release the available channel
count was virtually unlimited, and JRiver was finally able to work with
basically any Audiolense corrected setup.

As far as I know, JRiver is the only way to have true Asio playback in
player, vst host and sound card. And it is also, one of a very few players
where you can have sound correction for audio and video. If we could get
automatic sample rate switching in there the audio path would be as pure as
it could be.

Kind regards,

Bernt

Jan 19, 2012, 12:31:36 PM1/19/12
to Audiolense User Forum
I'm not sure how many are already aware but latest version of J River
now has native 64 bit convolver working. The automatic sample rate
switching works as well, using the .cfg file from Audiolense
4.2\Correction folder.

Very impressive considering this was only started a few weeks ago.

Bill

On Jan 6, 9:51 am, "Bernt Ronningsbakk" <bernt.ronningsb...@lyse.net>

Jarle Bergene

Jan 23, 2012, 6:37:07 AM1/23/12
to audio...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for making everybody aware Bill!

Tried this last night. Seems so work very well except that there is some skipping going on.
Does anyone know if this convolver is more demanding in terms of CPU compared to ConvolverVST?
Or what could be causing the skipping. Tried to adjust the buffering to no avail.

Best Regards,
Jarle

Brad

Jan 24, 2012, 12:50:15 AM1/24/12
to Audiolense User Forum
what could be causing the skipping. Tried to adjust the buffering to
no avail.

I am using ASIO output and had the skipping problem too.

I left my hardware buffers (audio driver) short as they were.
I adjusted the buffer in JRiver to .2 sec to get rid of the problem.