comparing AtomRDF and AtomOWL

1 view

Henry Story

Mar 17, 2006, 10:22:47 AM3/17/06
to atom...@googlegroups.com, Lee Feigenbaum
Below is a UML rendering of AtomRdf 0.3. In gray are the classes and
relations that are in the AtomOwl namespace, as that helps tie things
together visually.

AtomRdf-UML.pdf
AtomOwl-UML.pdf

David Powell

Mar 17, 2006, 1:38:42 PM3/17/06
to Henry Story, atom...@googlegroups.com, Lee Feigenbaum

Cool. I'll take a look. Hope those back-to-front arrows didn't confuse
anyone on my last diagram. What did you do the UML with btw? Is it a
UML package or a drawing package?

Just noticed that the ContextSensitive interface is missing. So
imagine that contentBase and contentLang are on Content and Extension
[oh hang on Extension is missing too...]

Regarding the differences:

What is awol:subject? Is it just an inverseProperty of :link, or is
it something else?

What is awol:update? Is it like the ex:receivedDate that I mentioned
for recording when a feed was polled? Wouldn't that be on the
FeedInstance? Or is it something else?

Are :feedInstance and awol:feedId inverseProperties?

Are awol:entry and :containingFeed inverseProperties?

--
Dave

Henry Story

Mar 20, 2006, 5:23:26 AM3/20/06
to atom...@googlegroups.com, Lee Feigenbaum, Elias Torres

On 17 Mar 2006, at 19:38, David Powell wrote:
> Friday, March 17, 2006, 3:22:47 PM, Henry Story wrote:
>
>> Below is a UML rendering of AtomRdf 0.3. In gray are the classes and
>> relations that are in the AtomOwl namespace, as that helps tie things
>> together visually.
>
> Cool. I'll take a look. Hope those back-to-front arrows didn't confuse
> anyone on my last diagram.

Oh. I had not seen that diagram. Nice. Good so we now have 2 ways of
making these diagrams.

> What did you do the UML with btw? Is it a
> UML package or a drawing package?

I am using OmniGraffle [1] which sadly only works on OSX. It does
apparently produce some xml files, and I have heard someone tell me
that they used those to convert to rdf perhaps. (Dan Connolly perhaps?)

> Just noticed that the ContextSensitive interface is missing. So
> imagine that contentBase and contentLang are on Content and Extension
> [oh hang on Extension is missing too...]

Thanks for pointing those out. I have added them in here

AtomOwl2RdfBridge.n3
AtomRdf-UML.pdf