Free at last

kstahl

Jun 1, 2005, 7:11:19 PM6/1/05
Free at last, free at last...............I finally closed on
the sale of my old house yesterday and am back to paying a
single mortgage for the first time in several months. I'm
glad that I'm finally done with the place. Not that there
was anything particularly wrong with the house, but there
were too many ghosts there and when I considered that I was
only using four out of eight rooms it was just too much
house for me. At least here in the condo I can use four out
of four rooms, so it is a perfect fit plus I don't have to
worry about mowing the lawn or raking the grass.

Now if I could only convince the people that run HC Brill to
not use trucks with audible backup tones at 6 in the morning
and if the trains wouldn't blow their horns after midnight
then life would be perfect.

--
Blogging at http://HexagonalPeg.blogspot.com

Ben Arthur

Jun 1, 2005, 8:14:26 PM6/1/05
> KennyKornholer squeezed:
> ...but therewere too many ghosts there...

KennyKornholer's wife had plenty of wild sex there.
KennyKornholer had none.
Buuuuuuuhhhhhhhhwwwwaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!1

TheNIGHTCRAWLER

Jun 2, 2005, 4:53:16 AM6/2/05
kstahl <kts...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Consider them the sounds of life. The horns warning the late night
travelers of dangers ahead. Out of control juggernaut that can't stop
even when it wants to? Every sound saves lives. The fire alarm, the
straight pipes on a Harley, the warning horn of a train... Unlike the
tinkering bells of a fairy tale, these are the sounds that prevent the
loss of life.

When the train driver remembers to hit the horn at every crossing,
without fail. Don't think of it as a disturbance... it is a person
saved from death.

Train Bell vs the current steam horn. It's louder.

TheNIGHTCRAWLER
(I'll wanna know when a tornadoe is about to eat the house with me in
it.

Holger Dansk

Jun 2, 2005, 7:01:10 AM6/2/05

That's one thing I remember about my youngest years. I would be in my
bed at night before going to sleep and would hear a train coming way
off in the distance. It would get closer and closer(We lived about 300
yards from the railroad track next to highway US29.) until it passed by
and then start fading off into the distance blowing its horn at every
crossing. It was a mournful, lonesome sound, but also, somehow made
you feel good being secure in your bed while the train was way out
there going down the track. I loved hearing it.

Holger

kstahl

Jun 2, 2005, 9:07:45 AM6/2/05
TheNIGHTCRAWLER wrote:
> Consider them the sounds of life. The horns warning the late night
> travelers of dangers ahead. Out of control juggernaut that can't stop
> even when it wants to? Every sound saves lives. The fire alarm, the
> straight pipes on a Harley, the warning horn of a train... Unlike the
> tinkering bells of a fairy tale, these are the sounds that prevent the
> loss of life.
>
> When the train driver remembers to hit the horn at every crossing,
> without fail. Don't think of it as a disturbance... it is a person
> saved from death.
>
> Train Bell vs the current steam horn. It's louder.

Many localities have rules against sounding train horns
after a certain time at night. The what-cha-ma-call-its that
go down across the road automatically when the train is
approaching is supposed to keep people off the tracks.

TheNIGHTCRAWLER

Jun 3, 2005, 3:04:00 AM6/3/05
kstahl <kts...@yahoo.com> wrote:

How late does the train horn sound? Mind you, the more complicated it
is for when to sound the horn at what crossing increases the likelihood
of one not sounding at a nearby unattended or malfunctioning crossing.

That function could be automated... But there's always a power outage
somewhere. What do the gates do in a power out? Hurricane season it
is. (Link pain in the ass long.)

TheNIGHTCRAWLER
(I still prefer the idea. The "link" is pure coincidence. Bad things
happen all too regularly somewhere somewhen. Note the date.)

In the news today. :-)

Fourteen die as freight train hits bus in Ukraine
Thu Jun 2, 2005 01:44 PM ET
Printer Friendly | Email Article | Reprints | RSS

KIEV (Reuters) - A freight train smashed into a bus at a level crossing
in southern Ukraine on Thursday, killing 14 people, including two
children, and injuring eight.

The Emergencies Ministry said four of the injured were in hospital in a
serious condition.

It said the driver of the bus, operating a local route to the Black Sea
port of Odessa, had broken traffic rules. News reports said the crossing
had no gate to keep cars off the tracks.

"According to initial conclusions, the accident occurred as a result of
a failure to observe traffic rules and of the derailment of the train,"
a ministry statement said.

Officials were unable to say how many people were aboard the bus when
the collision occurred at about 3.15 p.m. (1215 GMT).

The train, carrying coal, struck the bus in the village of Novosyolovka.
Residents use buses as their main means of transport to major towns.

In May 2004, a similar accident in which a freight train struck a bus at
a crossing with no gate killed 15 people near Odessa.

Also on Thursday, the Emergencies Ministry said a train hit a taxi in
central Ukraine near Poltava, killing three people and injuring one.

TheNIGHTCRAWLER

Jun 3, 2005, 4:35:42 AM6/3/05
"Holger Dansk" <Stati...@gmail.com> wrote:

"Rain on a hot tin roof."

Just something about it.

Just a sense of home and safety.

Sense of self and the world comes from home.

TheNIGHTCRAWLER
(This is the place I call home.)

kstahl

Jun 3, 2005, 7:32:39 AM6/3/05
TheNIGHTCRAWLER wrote:
> How late does the train horn sound? Mind you, the more complicated it
> is for when to sound the horn at what crossing increases the likelihood
> of one not sounding at a nearby unattended or malfunctioning crossing.

I don't know the times. There doesn't seem to be any set
schedule. There may be times when I sleep through it.
Something that should improve greatly in a couple days when
I get my new mattress and can stop sleeping on the floor. I
got the bed itself yesterday and have it set up so that the
foundation and mattress are ready to drop into place - then
hopefully I'll start getting some good nights of sleep.

kstahl

Jun 3, 2005, 7:33:39 AM6/3/05
Holger Dansk wrote:
> That's one thing I remember about my youngest years. I would be in my
> bed at night before going to sleep and would hear a train coming way
> off in the distance. It would get closer and closer(We lived about 300
> yards from the railroad track next to highway US29.) until it passed by
> and then start fading off into the distance blowing its horn at every
> crossing. It was a mournful, lonesome sound, but also, somehow made
> you feel good being secure in your bed while the train was way out
> there going down the track. I loved hearing it.

Too bad your house didn't sit on the tracks.

Brett

Jun 3, 2005, 4:30:10 PM6/3/05

Sorry...you're a waste of time. Sorry that you're a waste of time. Stahl,
you're sorry.

whit

Jun 3, 2005, 4:45:43 PM6/3/05
> hopefully I'll start getting some good nights of sleep.

Clean out your colon, KennyKornholer.
Aren't those foriegn objects irratating?

whit

Jun 3, 2005, 4:48:52 PM6/3/05
KennyKornholer sits on anything larger than 12"s by 6"s.
Anything smaller is the 'glass of water' thing.

Holger Dansk

Jun 3, 2005, 8:24:46 PM6/3/05
And you call me evil. Here, you are wishing that a train run over
someone in this newsgroup. How evil can you get?

Holger

kstahl

Jun 3, 2005, 9:19:14 PM6/3/05

I never mentioned anything about any person being in the
house. You imagination is far too vivid.

whit

Jun 3, 2005, 10:05:09 PM6/3/05
> I never mentioned anything about
> any person being in the house.

KennyKornholer attempting to palliate
his post with nonsense.

Valeria Palmer

Jun 3, 2005, 10:41:25 PM6/3/05
You really managed your move well, I see.

Jim

Jun 2, 2005, 3:09:50 PM6/2/05

If you want to get nostalgic for old trains, you have to hunt down some of
the photographs of O. Winston Link. The man adored old locomotives and
photographed them like nobody else.

Holger Dansk

Jun 4, 2005, 3:59:30 AM6/4/05
>It was a mournful, lonesome sound, but also, somehow made
> you feel good being secure in your bed while the train was way out
> there going down the track. I loved hearing it.

Too bad your house didn't sit on the tracks.

I told you that I was in my bed in my house when I was a child. That
would indicate that my parents or a parent was also at home.

Holger

Holger Dansk

Jun 4, 2005, 4:02:10 AM6/4/05
Well, I'll google him and see what comes up.

It doesn't have to be an old train. It's just that sound way off in
the distance of the horn blowing getting closer and closer and then
passing and then fading off into the distance.

Holger

kstahl

Jun 4, 2005, 7:43:24 AM6/4/05
Holger Dansk wrote:

Are you daft enough to be lying in a bed that is sitting on
a railroad track? It should have been your parents
responsibility to teach you not to do that rather then me.

kstahl

Jun 4, 2005, 7:41:48 AM6/4/05
Valeria Palmer wrote:
> You really managed your move well, I see.

It is giving me great appreciation for a real bed. Once the
mattress arrives on Tuesday I will probably worship it for a
long time.

I knew there would be a few kinks in the move. Things are
working out little by little. It was a big deal for me just
to be able to use my office rather then a corner of the
living room, but once I get am sleeping on a real bed again
the only big thing that I'll add is a large screen TV and
that will just about complete the whole thing.

On the other hand, no more lawn mowing, no more sweeping
pine straw off the roof several times a year, no more
wondering when one of the big tress behind the house would
come down during an ice store, plus a hundred other concerns
I had with a house that was too big for my needs. I'd say I
made a pretty good deal in the long run - especially since I
got my condo at a price significantly under market because
the seller was highly motivated.

kstahl

Jun 4, 2005, 7:46:33 AM6/4/05
Jim wrote:

> If you want to get nostalgic for old trains, you have to hunt down some of
> the photographs of O. Winston Link. The man adored old locomotives and
> photographed them like nobody else.

I hear there is a railroad museum located in Duluth, but
I've never known where it is located. When I lived in Dade
County, Florida I used to enjoy visiting the railroad museum
they had there. They even had the railroad car that
Roosevelt used along with one of the wheelchairs that was
specifically designed to move through the train.

whit

Jun 4, 2005, 8:07:00 AM6/4/05
> It is giving me great appreciation for a real bed.

His last bed was used by his ex-wife to
fuck everybody but KennyKornholer.
Can't blame her. He is a repulsive pariah.

Valeria Palmer

Jun 4, 2005, 11:33:15 AM6/4/05
It just sounds like your move was fubar or you wouldn't have been
working off a card table in the LR for months.

Holger Dansk

Jun 4, 2005, 5:43:37 PM6/4/05
No, we were 300 yards from the tracks.

Holger

kstahl

Jun 4, 2005, 6:41:10 PM6/4/05
Holger Dansk wrote:

> No, we were 300 yards from the tracks.
>
> Holger

Which is difficult to believe, coming from you. You haven't
exactly been very honest around here. After all, just a few
weeks ago you were pretending to be a developer and it is
pretty obvious you are not.

kstahl

Jun 4, 2005, 6:55:41 PM6/4/05
Valeria Palmer wrote:

> It just sounds like your move was fubar or you wouldn't have been
> working off a card table in the LR for months.

Just a few glitches. First of all the "office" was stacked
full of boxes that I didn't have time to unpack because I
was traveling every week until about three weeks ago.
Secondly, there was no cable drop in the "office" so I had
to wait until I could schedule someone to come out to run
the drop and then Comcast had to come out to fiddle with the
signal levels. In the end it was only two months and would
have been shorter if I hadn't been quite so busy so that I
could have the time to unpack. More of a nuisance then
anything else. I really don't demand that the world around
me be perfect all the time.

Holger Dansk

Jun 5, 2005, 3:44:21 AM6/5/05
What does being a developer have to do with trains passing in the
night?

I'm not just a developer. I'm also a bank director and a pulpwood
broker and a building contractor.

Holger

kstahl

Jun 5, 2005, 8:13:57 AM6/5/05

That is a fanciful imagination you have there. Maybe it just
means you keep the laptop you stole in the shopping cart
that you wheel around and that you just use various WiFi hot
spots. Are there still plenty of soup kitchens open where
you can get a meal?

Peter Alerich

Jun 5, 2005, 1:09:26 PM6/5/05
On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 19:11:19 -0400, kstahl <kts...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Now if I could only convince the people that run HC Brill to
>not use trucks with audible backup tones at 6 in the morning
>and if the trains wouldn't blow their horns after midnight
>then life would be perfect.

So, in hindsight... despite all the home buying savvy that you have
bragged about here in the newsgroup you apparently didn't research
this purchase as well as you could have.

Peter

kstahl

Jun 5, 2005, 1:25:47 PM6/5/05

I ended up with an excellent home and I am very happy with
my purchase. I'm in a good location, the neighborhood is
excellent. There is plenty of convenient shopping and
restaurants. This is a low crime area and I don't have to
worry about tall trees falling over. But I'm also realistic
that the world is not perfect and only fools would ever
believe that it should be.

I know that you would really prefer that I be in a miserable
situation because you are the type of person who really gets
their jollies off by seeing other people suffer, but in this
case you will have to gloat over someone else's misery
because I am quite content with my current situation.

What is wrong with your life that you can't be happy
yourself and therefore want to see other people unhappy. You
really should get some counseling on that.

Holger Dansk

Jun 5, 2005, 1:40:59 PM6/5/05
I live near Darlington and eat there all the time.

Holger

Holger Dansk

Jun 5, 2005, 1:45:38 PM6/5/05
He's right behind the bakery that he works for. To go to work, he just
walks across the street. Ken cleans up the kitchen and mops the floors
every night and washes all the pots and pans.

He saves tons of gas just living right across the street.

He can smell all that good stuff cooking too.

Holger

kstahl

Jun 5, 2005, 3:10:43 PM6/5/05
Holger Dansk wrote:

> I live near Darlington and eat there all the time.
>
> Holger

Oh, so you actually found a place that doesn't pour bleach
on the food they put in the dumptster. Good for you. At
least you know what it is like to eat food that people who
earn an honest living can afford to pay for. Maybe someday
you will go out and get a job too.

kstahl

Jun 5, 2005, 3:16:33 PM6/5/05
Holger Dansk wrote:

There's no bakery around here that I know of unless you
count the Kroger down the street a bit.

I wouldn't know how to clean a kitchen - it hasn't been
computerized yet. Republicans are better at manual labor
because it doesn't take any intelligence at all - they just
have to believe the person in charge and doe what he says. I
do tip them well though - it might be their only chance to
get a decent meal.

I save a lot on gas because I telecommute when I am not
traveling on business. Rough commute. I go from my bedroom
about fifteen steps to my office. Sometimes I even go out of
my way and make a cup of coffee in the kitchen first.

When are you going to stop living in your fantasy world and
actually get a job instead of bragging about things that you
don't even begin to understand.

Brett

Jun 5, 2005, 5:08:29 PM6/5/05

Based upon his recent posts the yankee hemorrhoid (Stahl) doesn't have a
clue about real estate. Holger suggested he ask someone in the Coweta Tax
Office about some property but the resident yankee hemorrhoid (Stahl) came
to the conclusion that the Google was the only answer he needed and that
Holger was a liar because he couldn't find any data related to the property
there. If the resident yankee hemorrhoid (Stahl) had a clue he should have
at least been able to find the Coweta web page for the Board of Tax
Assessors.

Holger Dansk

Jun 5, 2005, 5:19:27 PM6/5/05
You already mentioned the bakery trucks comping to get all the goodies
in your post above.

> >Now if I could only convince the people that run HC Brill to
> >not use trucks with audible backup tones at 6 in the morning
> >and if the trains wouldn't blow their horns after midnight
> >then life would be perfect.

Brill is the largest wholesale manufacturer of icing and glazes in the
world. The H. C. Brill Company has been making baking better for more
than 75 years.

http://www.hcbrill.com/

Holger

kstahl

Jun 5, 2005, 7:20:39 PM6/5/05

Brill makes things that are used by their customers on the
things they bake. Those companies don't come to Brill to
pick things up, Brill delivers to them. Therefore, you
dimwit, they are not bakery trucks. Most of them appear to
be smaller trucks that are bringing raw materials and there
is some forklift activity between their buildings.

Why do things have to be broken down into such detail so
that conservatives can understand. I guess I know why, but
it is just so darn frustrating to have to deal with people
who just don't think things through very well.

Holger Dansk

Jun 6, 2005, 7:00:03 AM6/6/05

kstahl wrote:
> Holger Dansk wrote:
> > You already mentioned the bakery trucks comping to get all the goodies
> > in your post above.

> > Brill is the largest wholesale manufacturer of icing and glazes in the
> > world. The H. C. Brill Company has been making baking better for more
> > than 75 years.
> >
> > http://www.hcbrill.com/
> >
> > Holger
> >

> Brill makes things that are used by their customers on the
> things they bake.

Like icing and glazes, as it says above, of which they are the largest
manufacturers in the world.

>Those companies don't come to Brill to
> pick things up, Brill delivers to them. Therefore, you
> dimwit, they are not bakery trucks. Most of them appear to
> be smaller trucks that are bringing raw materials

And those are the ones that go beep, beep, beep, beep as they back up
to the loading dock across the street from you.

>and there is some forklift activity between their buildings.

Do the forklifts go beep, beep, beep too when they back up? Well, as
you say, you get to listen to the beep, beep, beep of the loading dock
trucks, as they make muscic through the lonely night. Beep, beep,
beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep.

> Why do things have to be broken down into such detail so
> that conservatives can understand. I guess I know why, but
> it is just so darn frustrating to have to deal with people
> who just don't think things through very well.

Well, most people don't live across the street from the world's largest
manufacturer of icings and glazes, and they don't get to see and hear
the goings and comings of all those trucks being received and trucks
going out, and forklifts unloading and loading and running between
buildings which, I'm sure is educational.

Holger

Holger Dansk

Jun 6, 2005, 7:02:17 AM6/6/05
You don't understand. I eat in the dining room with all of the
students and teachers. Remember, I'm an alumnus.

Holger

kstahl

Jun 6, 2005, 7:11:36 AM6/6/05

Now I get it. You bus the tables after they are done and eat
the leftovers. That is sort of disgusting, but you
apparently enjoy it.

kstahl

Jun 6, 2005, 7:16:06 AM6/6/05
Holger Dansk wrote:

It doesn't happen every morning. Maybe twice a week. Never
at night, never on weekends (when only a very small crew is
apparently present judging by the number of cars in the
parking lot) and never before 6AM.

Holger Dansk

Jun 6, 2005, 8:04:18 AM6/6/05
You must really enjoy the aroma of all that icing and glaze all day.

Holger

kstahl

Jun 6, 2005, 8:35:26 AM6/6/05
Holger Dansk wrote:
> You must really enjoy the aroma of all that icing and glaze all day.
>
> Holger

There isn't any aroma. There was a single incident back in
March when they had a drain pipe break and that caused a
problem for about two days, but they got it fixed and things
have been fine since then.

whit

Jun 6, 2005, 8:51:15 AM6/6/05
> There isn't any aroma.

It just can't get past your odor.

whit

Jun 6, 2005, 2:56:16 PM6/6/05
KennyKornholer is from the AlphaGore school of humor.
Make us laugh, KennyKornholer. Post a picture.

Jim

Jun 5, 2005, 3:22:45 PM6/5/05
Holger Dansk wrote:

No, man. The real mecca for bakers is King Arthur.

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/

Best flour and lots of great accessories.

kstahl

Jun 7, 2005, 5:36:59 PM6/7/05
kstahl wrote:
> TheNIGHTCRAWLER wrote:
>
>> How late does the train horn sound? Mind you, the more complicated it
>> is for when to sound the horn at what crossing increases the likelihood
>> of one not sounding at a nearby unattended or malfunctioning crossing.
>

> I don't know the times. There doesn't seem to be any set schedule. There
> may be times when I sleep through it. Something that should improve
> greatly in a couple days when I get my new mattress and can stop
> sleeping on the floor. I got the bed itself yesterday and have it set up
> so that the foundation and mattress are ready to drop into place - then
> hopefully I'll start getting some good nights of sleep.

My mattress has arrived! This is no ordinary mattress. It
has a brand name of Isotonic and is a memory foam mattress
but far superior to Tempurpedic.

The only reason that people think of Tempurpedic when they
think of memory foam beds is because Temurpedic spends a lot
of money on infomercials. However, if you google for
Tempurpedic and dig around for customer comments you will
see that there are a lot of complaints about the bed feeling
hard, that it does not wick away moisture, that it has a
chemical smell, that it inhibits movement, etc. The Isotonic
mattress does use memory foam but constructs the mattress in
a very different way and the result is a very comfortable,
luxurious feeling. What I find out tomorrow morning is what
my back feels like after the first night on this bed. I have
slept on similar mattresses in some hotels and I know from
those experiences that I can actually wake up without back
pain. It took me quite a while to decide on what mattress to
buy and this one certainly was not cheap. At the very
minimum I hope it will be better then the Sealy Posturpedic
that I got rid of about two weeks ago.

Holger Dansk

Jun 7, 2005, 5:50:58 PM6/7/05
short lived comfort
May 01 '03

Author's Product Rating ---- 2 stars (out of 5)

Pros
Comfortable in the beginning

Cons
doesn't last

The Bottom Line
Enjoy the honeymoon but don't expect a long term relationship.

Full Review
I researched all the different options for getting a foam pad for our
bed. I spent a couple weeks learning about foam density, different
thicknesses, manufacturers..... I settled on the Isotonic mattress
topper from absolutecomfortonsale.com, a queen topper with the
recommended "100% cotton quilted cover" for a total of $189.95 with
shipping. As the other reviews stated there was the awful smell so
instead of just 24 hours I let it air out for almost a whole week
before putting it on the bed. And I will admit, when I finally did use
it I was hooked. It was great, like a cozy nest that you don't want to
get out of, and my bad back didn't hurt in the mornings anymore. Well,
the honeymoon ended. The edges of the foam are still able to mold to
shape but who sleeps on the edge? Where it matters, our topper has
completely flattened. The 2 inch depth has been reduced to less than
1/2 inch in 2 large craters where we sleep. This transformation took
less than a year. The warranty is for 5 years against defects, but down
at the bottom of the page they point out that body impressions are not
a structural defect. So here I am, researching beds again.

Recommended
No

http://www.epinions.com/content_97341968004

Ken, even if this happens with yours, you can just buy a new one each
year.

Holger

kstahl

Jun 7, 2005, 8:01:57 PM6/7/05
Holger Dansk wrote:

That isn't even the same product. The give-away is the word
"topper". No one in their right mind, which wouldn't include
Republicans anyhow, would ever consider buying a topper
unless it is simply a move to bide time while searching for
a replacement mattress. Toppers are terrible ideas.

I bought the full queen mattress. It certainly cost quite a
bit more then $189.

Isotonic is just a brand name or trademark of E.R. Carpenter
Company. There are other companies that sell similar
mattresses ranging anywhere from $1000 to $3000 primarily
depending on the cover. Most of them receive much better
marks overall then Tempurpedic. In fact, if you want to wear
yourself out just google Tempurpedic consumer reports and
read all of the bad comments.

If you want to see what Isotonic mattresses are like, take a
look at this URL:

http://www.memoryfoamfactory.com/mff-report-final-small.pdf

Memory foam beds are probably superior to most inner spring
mattresses, but they are not very traditional at this point.

Don't go out and by one however, Holger, the last thing I
would want is for you to get a good night's sleep. I want to
stay awake and think about the things that the current
administration is doing to make life worse in this country.

whit

Jun 7, 2005, 11:01:10 PM6/7/05
Another place for KennyKornholer to stain.