ATG 2007.1 Available

Rickard, Andrew

Jul 17, 2007, 9:51:44 AM7/17/07
to atg_...@googlegroups.com
ATG 2007.1 is now available for download at:

https://www.atg.com/esupport/product_resources/?page=productDownloads.js

Product documentation for 2007.1 is available at

https://www.atg.com/repositories/ContentCatalogRepository_en/manuals/ATG
2007.1/

--
Andrew Rickard <aric...@atg.com>
Art Technology Group (ATG)

quicksilver03

Jul 17, 2007, 10:08:38 AM7/17/07
to ATG_Tech
Would you consider offering downloadable documentation in addition to
the online one? Often consultants at client's sites cannot access the
Internet and having a local copy of the documentation would help a
lot.

Sebastiano Pilla

Rickard, Andrew

Jul 17, 2007, 11:37:11 AM7/17/07
to atg_...@googlegroups.com
I think many, many eons ago ATG used to distribute the documentation
with the product. Now it's only available at online at atg.com. :( For
what its worth you could always download and save the PDF version
locally. Then you could refer to it offline as necessary.

Andrew

Balaji

Jul 17, 2007, 2:05:56 PM7/17/07
to ATG_Tech
Do we get summary of

"Whats New" section in 2007.1 version documentation ?

Thanks,
Balaji S

> > Sebastiano Pilla- Hide quoted text -

David Herman

Jul 17, 2007, 3:44:35 PM7/17/07
to atg_...@googlegroups.com
When I try and start the DAF.Search module with my project I get the
following error:

/ Unable to resolve component
/atg/dynamo/messaging/MessagingManager
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/primus/searchstudio/Results
/ at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods0(Native Method)
/ at
java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:1647)
/ at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods(Class.java:1131)
/ at java.beans.Introspector$1.run(Introspector.java:1126)
/ at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native
Method)
/ at
java.beans.Introspector.getPublicDeclaredMethods(Introspector.java:1124)
/ at
java.beans.Introspector.getTargetMethodInfo(Introspector.java:989)
/ at
java.beans.Introspector.getBeanInfo(Introspector.java:370)
/ at
java.beans.Introspector.getBeanInfo(Introspector.java:144)
/ ....stack trace CROPPED after 10 lines.
/
/ Unable to set configured property
"/atg/dynamo/messaging/Initial.initialServices"
atg.nucleus.ConfigurationException: Unable to resolve component
/atg/dynamo/messaging/MessagingManager

Is there something else I need to have installed or setup to start
working with DAF.Search?

David Herman

Jul 17, 2007, 3:45:38 PM7/17/07
to atg_...@googlegroups.com
I should note that this is ATG 2006.3

Jul 17, 2007, 5:07:51 PM7/17/07
to atg_...@googlegroups.com

If you are running commerce the module is
DCS.Search

That'll include commerce extensions for Search.
After inspecting DCS.Search I can see that it depends on a
DAF.Search.Query.2006-3 sub module.

So I suspect that if you just want to run the search modules alone
without commerce you should use this module:

DAF.Search.2006-3

Here's a link to the docs:
http://www.atg.com/repositories/ContentCatalogRepository_en/manuals/Sear
ch2006.3/reposearch/index.html

Rickard, Andrew

Jul 17, 2007, 9:26:11 PM7/17/07
to atg_...@googlegroups.com
Good question! We'll see if we can dig up something official.

In the meantime the following list should highlight some of the new
features and application.

* Commerce Service Center
* Search Merchandising
* Affinity Selling
* Commerce and Search Reporting

Rickard, Andrew

Jul 19, 2007, 9:45:09 AM7/19/07
to atg_...@googlegroups.com
Here's something more official describing what's new in 2007.1.
Hopefully this gives folks a little more information to go on.

http://atg_tech.googlegroups.com/web/New+Capabilities+of+2007.1.pdf

Andrew

Matt Landau

Jul 19, 2007, 10:24:35 AM7/19/07
to ATG_Tech

On Jul 17, 9:26 pm, "Rickard, Andrew" <arick...@atg.com> wrote:
> In the meantime the following list should highlight some of the new
> features and application.
>
> * Commerce Service Center
> * Search Merchandising
> * Affinity Selling
> * Commerce and Search Reporting

ATG Search is also a major new release. The management and
administration side of Search is vastly easier in 2007.1 than in
previous releases. The Merchandising UI has also been the beneficiary
of significant performance work and bug fixes, as has Content
Administration. The CA workflow model is shifting from "late staged"
to "early staged" workflows, and the first steps in this transition
are in 2007.1.

In addition, we've moved to a model where we have a separate dedicated
internal user profile repository for business users of tools like the
BCC and Merchandising, so you no longer have to either mix them in
with your customer profiles or run a second profile repository
instance of your own. Both internal users and customer profiles
appear in the BCC and you can manage them all from one place.

Another critical thing to know: ATG 2007.1 no longer supports DAS,
ATG's application server. 2007.1 run on JBOSS and BEA Weblogic only.
If you're an existing customer and you move to 2007.1, you MUST
migrate to a supported 3rd party application server. (Websphere
support is temporarily disabled while we wait for IBM to fix some bugs
in Websphere 6 that we were not able to work around in time for this
release. Websphere support will reappear in the next release,
assuming IBM fixes those issues.)

I'm sure I could think of more items if I tried, but I think you get
this impression that 2007.1 is a major release.