unable to obtain information on proxy server...

Dickson Ding

Nov 1, 2009, 11:18:58 PM11/1/09
to ASIHTTPRequest
Hi, all,

i have a problem with ASIHttpRequest, with the first use of
ASIHttpRequest, even using the sample code, when run the simulator, i
get "unable to obtain information on proxy server" error message.

so when i run in device, it running fine.

After play around, i try to turn off my laptop airport, then run in
simulator again, this time the program run fine.

i had double check with my network setting, i even turn off my
firewall, but if my Airport is ON, there will definitely be problem.

have anyone face this issue before?

Thanks.

Ben Copsey

Nov 2, 2009, 5:32:55 AM11/2/09
to asihttp...@googlegroups.com
Hi

> i have a problem with ASIHttpRequest, with the first use of
> ASIHttpRequest, even using the sample code, when run the simulator, i
> get "unable to obtain information on proxy server" error message.

Hmm, that shouldn't happen. Are you running in the 2.2.1 simulator?

Thanks

Ben

Dickson Ding

Nov 2, 2009, 11:43:48 AM11/2/09
to ASIHTTPRequest
Hi, Ben,

First of all, thanks for your reply.

i am running in 3.0 simulator, OSX 10.6.

Ben Copsey

Nov 3, 2009, 4:53:29 AM11/3/09
to asihttp...@googlegroups.com
>>> i have a problem with ASIHttpRequest, with the first use of
>>> ASIHttpRequest, even using the sample code, when run the
>>> simulator, i
>>> get "unable to obtain information on proxy server" error message.
>>
>> Hmm, that shouldn't happen. Are you running in the 2.2.1 simulator?

> i am running in 3.0 simulator, OSX 10.6.

Hmm, it seems to be working for me.

Does your Mac connect via an HTTP proxy?

Thanks

Ben

Dickson Ding

Nov 3, 2009, 10:33:40 PM11/3/09
to ASIHTTPRequest
No, i don't think so, currently i didn't configure my network connect
via any proxy, it connect to wireless router which attached to modem
directly.

Actually when would we get this message "unable to obtain information
on proxy server", is it lack of some settings in my network setting?
or ASIHTTPRequest need to set some proxy setting in order to work in
my case?

or how can i get more details of my error so that its more clear to
you?

Thanks.

Regards,
Dickson Ding

Ben Copsey

Nov 4, 2009, 11:43:20 AM11/4/09
to asihttp...@googlegroups.com
Hi

> No, i don't think so, currently i didn't configure my network connect
> via any proxy, it connect to wireless router which attached to modem
> directly.
>
> Actually when would we get this message "unable to obtain information
> on proxy server", is it lack of some settings in my network setting?
> or ASIHTTPRequest need to set some proxy setting in order to work in
> my case?

It actually indicates some sort of internal error - ASIHTTPRequest
tried to get a list of proxy servers to use for your request's url,
but it didn't succeed. This is part of the auto-discovery process for
proxy settings, and happens whether you need to connect via a proxy or
not (99% of the time, you won't have a proxy server).

I'm not quite sure why it isn't working for you. Would you mind
replacing your copy of ASIHTTPRequest.m with this version: http://allseeing-i.com/ASIHTTPRequest.m

It will print out debug information to the console which might help
explain what the problem is. Can you post your output here?

Thanks

Ben

Ben Copsey

Nov 5, 2009, 8:40:13 AM11/5/09
to asihttp...@googlegroups.com
> No, i don't think so, currently i didn't configure my network connect
> via any proxy, it connect to wireless router which attached to modem
> directly.
>
> Actually when would we get this message "unable to obtain information
> on proxy server", is it lack of some settings in my network setting?
> or ASIHTTPRequest need to set some proxy setting in order to work in
> my case?
>
> or how can i get more details of my error so that its more clear to
> you?

Quick update on this: I received an email from another user who had a
similar problem yesterday.

In his case, his connection had a PAC url setup, but the PAC file was
only available when he was connected to a VPN.

I think I will change the behaviour so that if a PAC file could not be
read, ASIHTTPRequest will assume there is no proxy, rather than giving
up.

Ben

Mame goumba dit Mara Mbow

Nov 5, 2009, 1:13:59 PM11/5/09
to asihttp...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Help me to corrige this error: error: 'ASIFormDataRequest' undeclared (first use in this function)

De : Ben Copsey <b...@allseeing-i.com>
À : asihttp...@googlegroups.com
Envoyé le : Jeu 5 Novembre 2009, 13 h 40 min 13 s
Objet : Re: unable to obtain information on proxy server...

john griffiths

Nov 5, 2009, 1:18:17 PM11/5/09
to asihttp...@googlegroups.com
You need to #import the asi header file.

Cheers,
John

Mame goumba dit Mara Mbow

Nov 5, 2009, 1:25:18 PM11/5/09
to asihttp...@googlegroups.com
I have not the asi header file. Where I can download the framework?

De : john griffiths <john.gr...@gmail.com>
À : "asihttp...@googlegroups.com" <asihttp...@googlegroups.com>
Envoyé le : Jeu 5 Novembre 2009, 18 h 18 min 17 s

john griffiths

Nov 5, 2009, 1:28:08 PM11/5/09
to asihttp...@googlegroups.com

Mame goumba dit Mara Mbow

Nov 5, 2009, 1:29:32 PM11/5/09
to asihttp...@googlegroups.com
And the PHP file? I don't know his structure

Envoyé le : Jeu 5 Novembre 2009, 18 h 28 min 08 s

Mame goumba dit Mara Mbow

Nov 5, 2009, 1:32:26 PM11/5/09
to asihttp...@googlegroups.com
Help me to corrige this error: error: Reachability.h: No such file or directory

Envoyé le : Jeu 5 Novembre 2009, 18 h 28 min 08 s

Wiktor Gworek

Nov 4, 2009, 5:38:41 AM11/4/09
to ASIHTTPRequest
Can you go to the source of ASIHTTPRequest and find the place where
var proxySettings is set? Can you debug this value and what it
contains?

Wiktor Gworek

Nov 3, 2009, 8:42:18 PM11/3/09
to ASIHTTPRequest
I got the same. I digged through the source code and I know the source
of my problem. (3.1.2 simulator)

On simulator proxy settings are copied from system global settings. I
got configured PAC file which happened to be in internal network (I
must be on VPN to access it).

NSDictionary *proxySettings = [(NSDictionary *)
CFNetworkCopySystemProxySettings() autorelease];

proxySettings are: (
{
kCFProxyAutoConfigurationURLKey = http://internal.com/wpad.dat;
kCFProxyTypeKey = kCFProxyTypeAutoConfigurationURL;
},
{
kCFProxyTypeKey = kCFProxyTypeNone;
}
)

If I remove "Automatic Proxy Configuration" (with PAC file),
everything works.

It would be cool if I could disable using proxy at all =).

Wiktor Gworek

Nov 3, 2009, 9:15:34 PM11/3/09
to ASIHTTPRequest
On Nov 3, 10:53 am, Ben Copsey <b...@allseeing-i.com> wrote:
I have the same. In my case the problem was lying in my MacOS
configuration. I have PAC file configured which is visible only when
I'm in internal network on VPN.
For that reason ASIHTTPRequest was crashing. Maybe not crashing but
proxies var was NULL.

Disabling PAC file helped me. But I can see one more solution :). Add
configuration to ASIHTTPRequest not to do any proxy at all.