Can we send data by GET request using appendPostData

Thoruun

May 15, 2010, 11:41:13 AM5/15/10
to ASIHTTPRequest
Hello,

thank you for work.

Question: Can we send data by GET request using appendPostData? And
why you disabled this in ASIHTTPRequest.m, line 372.

-- Alexey

Ben Copsey

May 15, 2010, 12:20:29 PM5/15/10
to asihttp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alexy

> Question: Can we send data by GET request using appendPostData? And
> why you disabled this in ASIHTTPRequest.m, line 372.

I'm afraid this isn't possible. While I don't think the HTTP spec forbids you from including a body in a GET request, CFNetwork won't let you (you'll get a kCFErrorHTTPParseFailure error).

Is there a particular reason you want to include a body with a GET request?

Best

Ben

Thoruun

May 15, 2010, 1:03:24 PM5/15/10
to ASIHTTPRequest
Many thanks to so fast answer, I`ve understand. Reason.. probably no,
for now, I think this is pointed us some problems with our exchange
protocol. We need to change it a bit. :)

Thanks again,

Alexey