Can't use HTTPS under iOS5

andydev

Oct 8, 2011, 4:46:05 PM10/8/11
to ASIHTTPRequest
I can make requests to an API using HTTPS under iOS 4 fine but after
compiling the app using iOS 5 the calls fail with Code 1 "A connection
failure occurred". If I set the request URL to be http rather than
https it works fine but the API's access via http is being taken
offline shortly.

I have the iOS5 GM on my iPhone with the App Store version of the app
on and it runs fine.

Are there any known issues with ASIHTTPRequest when compiling using
the iOS 5 SDK? Is there a quick resolution to this as I would like to
quickly push out an update to the app store if it does indeed effect
devices. I've had a report of a issue from an iPad running iOS 5 GM
but waiting for further details. I've only noticed this after looking
into that issue more closely.

Thanks in advance!