qt 4.6 beta ppa for karmic , soon I will upload arora

mariuz

Oct 15, 2009, 3:26:22 AM10/15/09
to arora-dev
use it at your own risk
https://edge.launchpad.net/~mapopa/+archive/qt4.6

I used the preview and sometimes crashes , i will test it on my kde
desktop + I will upload arora recompiled with 4.6 version

the arora from karmic should work ok with 4.6 too but maybe a
recompile is needed

mariuz

Oct 15, 2009, 5:39:56 AM10/15/09
to arora-dev

On Oct 15, 10:26 am, mariuz <map...@gmail.com> wrote:
> use it at your own riskhttps://edge.launchpad.net/~mapopa/+archive/qt4.6
before you upgrade is better to save your list of pachages
dpkg --get-selections > installed-software.log
then you can reinstall qt/kde packages from console if you have
problems with (revert to qt 4.5.3 if you want)
with
sudo dpkg --set-selections < installed-software.log

sudo dselect

and press I to install all the packages saved

On my sistem i had tp1 pachages and in tp1 > beta1 if you think as a
package manager so i had to remove all qt packages and kde too and
reinstall them

sudo apt-get purge libqtcore4
then i did the steps from above

mariuz

Oct 16, 2009, 11:01:09 AM10/16/09
to arora-dev
seems to be quite stable no crash
and the webkit engine in qt 4.6 is 532.1
http://ur1.ca/dqsj

i can say that is quite new if i compare with chromium table
http://dev.chromium.org/developers/webkit-version-table

lunarcloud

Oct 21, 2009, 9:51:31 PM10/21/09
to arora-dev
Yes, please recompile and upload, it'll turn on a lot of features that
it needs to see 4.6 at compile-time for.

On Oct 15, 3:26 am, mariuz <map...@gmail.com> wrote:
> use it at your own riskhttps://edge.launchpad.net/~mapopa/+archive/qt4.6

mariuz

Oct 22, 2009, 11:40:18 AM10/22/09
to arora-dev

On Oct 22, 4:51 am, lunarcloud <lunarcl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, please recompile and upload, it'll turn on a lot of features that
> it needs to see 4.6 at compile-time for.
It worked perfectly without recompile , I will do it today
to see how it works

mariuz

Oct 25, 2009, 9:43:57 AM10/25/09
to arora-dev

On Oct 22, 3:51 am, lunarcloud <lunarcl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, please recompile and upload, it'll turn on a lot of features that
> it needs to see 4.6 at compile-time for.

I have uploaded qt 4.6 from debian and arora 0.X.1
Seems that qt 4.6 from debian and one from ubuntu are quite different
and it will remove kde packages from your system

II will inspect the diff and see how can i add libqt4-phonon
http://jimicompot.blogspot.com/2009/10/qt-453-upgrade-sadness.html

mariuz

Oct 25, 2009, 11:27:41 AM10/25/09
to arora-dev

On Oct 25, 3:43 pm, mariuz <map...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 22, 3:51 am, lunarcloud <lunarcl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Yes, please recompile and upload, it'll turn on a lot of features that
> > it needs to see 4.6 at compile-time for.
>
> I have uploaded qt 4.6 from debian and arora 0.X.1
> Seems that qt 4.6 from debian and one from ubuntu are quite different
> and it will remove kde packages from your system
>
> II will inspect the diff and see how can i add libqt4-phononhttp://jimicompot.blogspot.com/2009/10/qt-453-upgrade-sadness.html

I deleted all qt/arora packages I will reupload again so no kde should
be deleted

lunarcloud

Nov 1, 2009, 11:34:57 PM11/1/09
to arora-dev
How's she look? Icons in the menu items?

mariuz

Nov 5, 2009, 11:29:13 AM11/5/09
to arora-dev

On Nov 2, 6:34 am, lunarcloud <lunarcl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> How's she look? Icons in the menu items?

I have reuploaded the qt 4.6 beta 1 this time i have added libqt4-
phonon-dev - it was missing by mistake
also i will recompile arora for it again
so stay tuned

https://edge.launchpad.net/~mapopa/+archive/qt4.6

lunarcloud

Nov 9, 2009, 11:14:02 AM11/9/09
to arora-dev
It didn't change anything. :( where are the icons you guys were
talking about?

mariuz

Nov 10, 2009, 9:03:58 AM11/10/09
to arora-dev

On Nov 9, 6:14 pm, lunarcloud <lunarcl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It didn't change anything. :( where are the icons you guys were
> talking about?

I have uploaded arora and now it should be compiled with qt 4.6

check in few minutes the repository (after the compilation finishes)

https://edge.launchpad.net/~mapopa/+archive/qt4.6

lunarcloud

Nov 11, 2009, 10:46:46 AM11/11/09
to arora-dev
Oh, fixed it! There are pretty icons and the loading seems tons
faster.