aroma.affymetrix and R 64bit

zaid

Mar 1, 2010, 12:38:02 PM3/1/10
to aroma.affymetrix
Is there support for aroma.affymetrix under R 64 bit?

Henrik Bengtsson

Mar 1, 2010, 12:48:05 PM3/1/10
to aroma-affymetrix
On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 6:38 PM, zaid <za...@genomedx.com> wrote:
> Is there support for aroma.affymetrix under R 64 bit?

Definitely on Linux. Are you asking about Windows 64-bit? Then, I
think so, cf:

http://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_aroma.affymetrix.html

but I don't have machines to test it myself - someone out there with a
Win64 system that can test? You should also be aware of the 'Update 2
on MinGW-w64 builds for 64-bit Windows' (March 1, 2010) post on
R-devel:

http://tolstoy.newcastle.edu.au/R/e9/devel/10/03/0598.html

/Henrik

> --
> When reporting problems on aroma.affymetrix, make sure 1) to run the latest version of the package, 2) to report the output of sessionInfo() and traceback(), and 3) to post a complete code example.

zaid

Mar 1, 2010, 3:41:12 PM3/1/10
to aroma.affymetrix
I'm using March 1st 64bit version on Windows but for some reason
affxparser seems to be unavailable.

On Mar 1, 9:48 am, Henrik Bengtsson <henrik.bengts...@gmail.com>

Henrik Bengtsson

Mar 1, 2010, 3:44:09 PM3/1/10
to aroma-affymetrix
So affxparser is built by the Bioconductor framework. Please post to
the BioC mailing list and ask there - they should be able to tell what
the Win64 plans are.

/Henrik

zaid

Mar 1, 2010, 4:11:21 PM3/1/10
to aroma.affymetrix
Thanks will do.

So basically aroma.affymetrix package won't install until we figure
out the affparser issue?

Thanks

On Mar 1, 12:44 pm, Henrik Bengtsson <henrik.bengts...@gmail.com>

Henrik Bengtsson

Mar 1, 2010, 4:17:22 PM3/1/10
to aroma-affymetrix
On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 10:11 PM, zaid <za...@genomedx.com> wrote:
> Thanks will do.
>
> So basically aroma.affymetrix package won't install until we figure
> out the affparser issue?

Look at

http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/aroma.affymetrix/

There you see that 'affxparser' is listed under "Depends:", which
means it is a required package (==you have to have required packages
installed before installing aroma.affymetrix). FYI, packages under
"Imports:" are also required. Packages under "Suggests:" are not
required.

Note that according to the information on (sent you this before and
available via the above URL):

http://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_aroma.affymetrix.html

the CRAN build/check servers, and especially
'r-devel-windows64-x86_64', can build/check the aroma.affymetrix
package (there is only a NOTE which is ok) on Win64. This implies
that they have a Win64 version of affxparser available. I don't know
where they got it from; that's why I ask you to post to BioC.

/Henrik

zaid

Mar 1, 2010, 5:38:19 PM3/1/10
to aroma.affymetrix