WEEK 3 TIP

Sickofthegut

Sep 13, 2007, 2:44:39 AM9/13/07
to Arnel's 6 Pack Attack
Hey guys, some of you might have already read some of my posts and
know that I am currently in week 3 of the routine, but I wanted to
share a little info for some of you that havnt gotten your resistance
bands yet.

I got mine at Walmart, in the fitness section. Most Walmarts carry
the same things so you should have no problem finding them. They are
a Golds Gym brand and come in a small GREEN box, and they cost I think
10 or 11$. They come with 3 different strenght bands and you can
easily interchange them anyway you want. I was worried at first that
they would be cheap and crappy, but Ive been using them and they work
great!

They come in 2 sizes though, small and large lengths, make sure you
get the LONGER length ones! You can get both but you will need the
longer ones for the routines.

If you do get them Ive been using the black and red bands together for
all the exercises and its pretty tough, but Im starting to enjoy the
burn! Week 3 is alot more fun you guys, I promise if you make it
through weeks 1 and 2 you will be loving week 3!!

IndianNinja

Sep 13, 2007, 4:11:07 AM9/13/07
to Arnel's 6 Pack Attack
I dont have bands, and I dont intend to buy either. What about the
real deal..using weights ?. I mean not insanely heavy, but ones that I
can crank out lots of reps. I plan to use weights for curls and other
exercises which are weight training exercises.

Do you guys think that this will hinder the programme in any way ?

Sickofthegut

Sep 13, 2007, 4:19:43 AM9/13/07
to Arnel's 6 Pack Attack
Ninja

honestly, since week 2 I have been adding free weights too, I love
weights and I have them so I figured why not use them. The only thing
I suggest is what I did, which was I made up my own superset working
upper areas, then lower areas, just like Arnels program. It helped me
I think, cause I wanted more bicep and calf workouts in week 2, so I
did curls with 25lb weights and calf raises with the same weight, just
in a superset fashion like all the regular program exercises.

Have fun with it....might as well! :-)

MeJustMe

Sep 13, 2007, 9:01:23 AM9/13/07
to Arnel's 6 Pack Attack
Lucky you ppl. I can't do weight lifting because it will increase my
weight.
But I need to keep it down below 80kg.

IndianNinja
What elastic bands give you is constant growth of resistance, and you
can't get it with weight where weight stays the same.
That means your muscles wont relax even on the way back(end of the
exercise).
To be honest this is the first time I will be using them.

Sam Murtha

Sep 13, 2007, 9:04:21 AM9/13/07
to Arnel's 6 Pack Attack
was doing squats holding 80Lbs. so ya i added freeweights also =)