Hello World !

Sudhakar S

Sep 15, 2007, 3:16:47 PM9/15/07
to arch...@googlegroups.com
Hi friends,

Great to see this community in action and happening. It would be a great experience for me to interact with industry expert architects, learn more from case studies and solutions provided here. I also hope that we excel as an off line group of architects and wanna-be architects.

I have the following things in mind for this community, on which you may comment on...

01. Discussions around the best practices in architectural practices
02. Sharing the latest news on software architecture
03. Providing expert solutions to budding architects
04. BOF sessions and chats on Cross technology architectural collaboration and migration.
05. Off line talks on architectural case studies on Enterprise systems in various domains.
06. Help and Guidance on various Certifications

Please comment or add things you may want to add.

Thanks,
--
Sudhakar S | సుధాకర్
iBlog @ http://savvybytes.com

Anjana

Sep 15, 2007, 4:07:32 PM9/15/07
to arch...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

Hey Sudha, great that u initiated the discussion. Let's all pour in ideas as how we want to take this further.

Sudhakar has almost listed out everything that i think we should be doing.

Architecture being a huge world, drawing boundries would be a difficult thing to do.
I had a mail exchanges with another member Srinivas as well, and he came up with one very valid point that we should not restrict our discussions with only high level topics or only low level topics, but rather be open to all architectural topics.

Infact this happens at lots of seminars where we only have enterprise architectures being discussed at a 100 thousand feet level. While i completely appreciate it and  think that we as well should have such discussion.  However I also think a parallel focus should also be on the basics of design and architecture like Zachmen, togaf, modeling, documentation styles,dealing with non functional requirements etc etc.

To start with I think we need to do the following
1.Invite more people into this.
2.Have online discussions on any queries we have or anything we want to discuss
3.Have chat session (We need to look out for some online application where we can host conference chat sessions so that discussion can happen without geo boundries)
4.Have Local UG meets (we need to have point of contacts for local chapters. any members can be).

Please keep posting

Regards,
Anjana