AIS Ships tracking

Ford Prefect

Jul 26, 2011, 7:15:46 PM7/26/11
to aprs.fi
Hi Hessu
During your upgrade we appear to have lost the ability to filter out
the AIS tracks but leave the latest position.
I live close to a busy port and the many tracks can overwhelm the
screen but its interesting to see where the ships are now.

Of course this ability may be there but I haven't been able to find
it.
If so my apologies.

Great work on a most excellent site

Thanks
Mark

Kai Gunter Brandt

Jul 27, 2011, 4:03:44 AM7/27/11
to apr...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 1:15 AM, Ford Prefect
<ford_pr...@yahoo.co.nz> wrote:
> Hi Hessu
> During your upgrade we appear to have lost the ability to filter out
> the AIS tracks but leave the latest position.
> I live close to a busy port and the many tracks can overwhelm the
> screen but its interesting to see where the ships are now.
>
> Of course this ability may be there but I haven't been able to find
> it.
> Mark

It's not possible with the new filters as i think it's quite complex
adding this now.

I have the same problem even with low AIS traffic it's not possible to
see the HAM stations when the tracks are on.

I have always used tracks on HAM stations and position only on AIS
stations as i like to have all traffic on one map. I also want
airplanes if/when a plugin to aprs.fi supports this but not with the
current filter possibilities HI.

I really like the other possibilities with the filters and the new
weather graphs etc.

--
Sent via my Commodore C64

Julian, G4ILO

Jul 31, 2011, 10:41:55 AM7/31/11
to apr...@googlegroups.com
Personally I would like the option to filter out the ships and the CWOP weather stations, i.e. just see the ham stations. I did have the ships excluded before the last change.

Heikki Hannikainen

Aug 3, 2011, 6:21:43 AM8/3/11
to apr...@googlegroups.com

That's doable in the fancy new filters:

http://blog.aprs.fi/2011/07/new-view-filters-alerts-out-of-order.html

1) Click on the funnel/filter tool button on the right

2) Enable the 'Station class: AIS ships' filter

3) try to see what that filter captures by disabling the "All stations"
filter

4) Enable "All stations again", and then click the red downwards-pointing
arrow of the AIS filter to move it to the red "NOT" department in the
bottom

This will show all stations except AIS stations.

The '+' button can be used to create a custom filter which matches
non-amateur WX stations. "Station type: Weather, Packet path: *CWOP*"
might work (match weather stations which are connected to the CWOP weather
servers instead of the APRS-IS). The downside is that some users with
amateur callsigns are also connected to the CWOP servers, so maybe it's
better to filter by callsign... "Station type: Weather, Name/MMSI: ?W*".
Or two filters, one for Name: CW* and another for DW* since you also have
GW* hams.

- Hessu