AppScale 1.5.1 AMI Release Candidate

Navraj S. Chohan

Sep 18, 2011, 7:11:45 PM9/18/11
to appscale_...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,
We have a publicly available AMI as a release candidate for AppScale 1.5.1:
ami-d3f133ba

You can use the use this image with the 1.5 appscale tools or use the bzr branch lp:appscale/trunk-tools to get additional sample applications (i.e., Java Blobstore app).

If you're looking to create an image, please use the bzr branch for 1.5.1 when following these instructions:
For the bzr branch in step 4, use lp:appscale/1.5.1

Updates in 1.5.1:
  • Java Blobstore Support
  • Redis support
  • MySQL Cluster Index support (mysql is now the recommended datastore)
  • OS Image is now for Lucid, the LTS
  • The AMI image is based on EBS (persistence for your data)
  • AppScale now works for managed mode in Eucalyptus
  • Bug fixes
Please email the list with any feedback and bugs/issues you may find. I'll be on freenode.net #appscale on IRC, come join the discussion.

Thanks.
-Raj

--
Navraj Chohan (Raj)