AppScale 1.3 is out!

Chris Bunch

Dec 14, 2009, 2:19:16 PM12/14/09
to AppScale Community
Hi all,
Sorry for spamming your mail again! We've fixed the critical bugs
that caused the last release to be a beta instead of a true release
(listed at the end of this mail), so we've removed the beta tag off
this version of the code. It retains all the features from the beta,
so if you had that beta version, go ahead and grab this one and give
it a try!

Thanks!

P.S. Here are the critical bugs that are fixed in this version:

MongoDB can fail to start - http://code.google.com/p/appscale/issues/detail?id=126
Cassandra always fails to start - http://code.google.com/p/appscale/issues/detail?id=128
MySQL can fail to start - http://code.google.com/p/appscale/issues/detail?id=129

Simone Martina

Dec 16, 2009, 10:09:23 AM12/16/09
to appscale_...@googlegroups.com
Chris Bunch wrote:
> Hi all,
> Sorry for spamming your mail again! We've fixed the critical bugs
> that caused the last release to be a beta instead of a true release
> (listed at the end of this mail), so we've removed the beta tag off
> this version of the code. It retains all the features from the beta,
> so if you had that beta version, go ahead and grab this one and give
> it a try!
>
> Thanks!
Hi Chirs,
I've tried to found appscale 1.3 tar.gz but the only download available
is the eucalyptus torrent. I've to try appscale over four KVM virtual
machines, could you help me?

Regard,
Simone

--
##########################
GRID Computing Sysadmin

Chris Bunch

Dec 16, 2009, 2:52:35 PM12/16/09
to appscale_...@googlegroups.com
Hi Simone,
Yes, of course! I had totally forgotten about that! I've updated the
downloads page to include both the source tar ball and scratch install
document. I'm also uploading the source to the 'source' tab, so it
should be ready in a little while there as well.

Thanks!