Online would be great

1 view

Bob New

Oct 7, 2011, 12:44:37 PM10/7/11
to appl...@googlegroups.com
I'm in the "golden years" and unable to drive at night so I have stopped attending AppleVan meetings. To continue to share ideas, advice, questions, help, etc., online is something I would like very much. I remember the days of the box of programs, etc. Meetings were held in a church then; it was before the Hazel Dell Elementary era.

I'll keep watching.

------
Bob New
bob...@q.com

Rory Bowman

Oct 7, 2011, 1:10:50 PM10/7/11
to appl...@googlegroups.com
Do you recall the exact timeline, Bob? I was not aware of the church space and could not recall the names of the main organizer or librarian. I want to say that the main guy was named Forrest or Lloyd or Floyd or something like that (I think he worked at HDE) and baldish. The librarian I remember was much younger (mid-20's) with a black moustache. If you have more specific data I think it would be great to share here.

Rob Starr

Oct 7, 2011, 2:09:34 PM10/7/11
to appl...@googlegroups.com
> Do you recall the exact timeline, Bob? I was not aware of the church
> space and could not recall the names of > the main organizer or librarian.

I don't remember, but at one meeting, he had to take charge (the other
officers didn't show up) that meeting
I was doing the library work

> I want to say that the main guy was named Forrest or Lloyd or Floyd or
> something like that (I think he
> worked at HDE) and baldish.

don't remember

> The librarian I remember was much younger (mid-20's) with a black
> moustache.

that would have been me (I still have the apple ][ library)

> If you have more specific data I think it would be great to share here.

there was two other place the the apple*van meet, one was the van. mall, in
a communly room
then it was to a member house (untill they move north)

---
Rob Starr
ICQ # 11868133 or # 70398519
Yahoo : lordtime2000 AIM : LordTime20000 MSN : Lord Time
Jabber : lordti...@gmail.com Astra : lord_time

Sharri LaPierre

Oct 7, 2011, 3:25:14 PM10/7/11
to appl...@googlegroups.com
I'm a fellow "golden years" occupant, however I have another
unpublishable name for these years! I can still drive at night
providing there is no one else out on the road. The truth is - it is
harder and harder to get out after dinner. The energy level is below
"low - time to refill". On-line would definitely work better for me.

Sharri LaPierre