Looking for volunteers

Joe Bowman

Jun 11, 2010, 9:57:40 AM6/11/10
to appengine-utilities
Greetings,

Gaeutilities has had the top spot on the list for Appengine Open
Source projects pretty much since that list went up. There are other
session libraries out there, many of which are currently quicker,
though few have the security features that Gaeutilities offers for
it's session library. I have ideas on how this can be addressed as
well.

The problem is, I'm not using appengine anymore. There's a couple
people who are marked as contributors, but none that I've seen with
the time commitment to take over the project. I've been replying to
bug requests and making changes, half the time through the github web
interface, just to address needs of developers using the library for
months now.

I'm looking for volunteers to help with the next version of
gaeutilties and to assist with bugfixes and such. Most of the speed
issues with gaeutilties session (and cache for that matter) could be
solved by moving it to function as a decorator. This is something that
I don't have the time to do, as i'm working on a separate project in
the little spare time I have, having a 2 year old and wife that's due
on June 28. However, I really don't want to just drop a project that I
can see people are using, because I am addressing issues still. So, if
you're a developer using the project, and you know your stuff with
python and appengine, would you consider donating your time?

If you're interested in signing up, please reply to this thread with a
brief background and what you'd like to assist with. Thanks. I'm not
interested in picking up more than a few contributors to start.