Creating new polls not possible at Blogger.de anymore

1 view

Dirk Olbertz

Dec 8, 2008, 4:46:28 PM12/8/08
to Antville developer's mailing-list
Hi there,

I hope you don't mind that I ask a Blogger.de specific question, but I
guess the problem has something to do with Helma or Antville.

As you can read here (in german) http://hilfe.blogger.de/stories/1229887
it is no longer possible to create polls. On saving, the user gets the
message "ReferenceError: "title" is not defined."

We're running Helma 1.6.2 on Blogger.de together with Antville 1.1.
The last thing we did, was the update to Helma 1.6.2 and also adding a
sanitize.js to clean up the user provided HTML.

Any idea, what this error message is all about? I can paste the
markup, or code from Antville here, if this is helpful.

Thanks,
Dirk

Tobi Schäfer

Dec 10, 2008, 12:14:36 PM12/10/08
to antvil...@googlegroups.com
hi dirk

i think the message means that the variable "title" is not defined –
or a property with that name.

what does a stack trace of the exception look like?
(a file name and line number could make things easier.)

the changelog for helma 1.6.2 is here:
http://dev.helma.org/wiki/Helma+1.6.2+Changelog/

depending on the previous version you have upgraded from, here are the
links of the other changelogs: http://dev.helma.org/wiki/Helma+Roadmap

maybe you can find some hint there what this issue could relate to.

(are you sure the sanitize.js does not cause the problem?)

hth
tobi

PGP.sig

Dirk Olbertz

Dec 15, 2008, 2:54:20 AM12/15/08
to Antville developer's mailing-list
Hi Tobi,

On 10 Dez., 18:14, Tobi Schäfer <interf...@p3k.org> wrote:
> i think the message means that the variable "title" is not defined –
> or a property with that name.
>
> what does a stack trace of the exception look like?
> (a file name and line number could make things easier.)

There is no stack trace (or you need to tell me, where to look). This
is just a "normal error message" which appears on the page. The exact
error message is "ReferenceError: "title" is not defined." Nothing
more I can see.

After submitting the form to add a form (eg. http://info.blogger.de/polls/create),
I'm redirected to the same page and the error message is displayed.

Funny enough, that the question is always blank on the page after
submitting, but the answers are still there. When I submit the form
without giving a Question, I'm told that I need to fill out the form -
this is actually an error message translated by me, so it does not
help, if I paste it here.

> depending on the previous version you have upgraded from, here are the
> links of the other changelogs:http://dev.helma.org/wiki/Helma+Roadmap
>
> maybe you can find some hint there what this issue could relate to.
>
> (are you sure the sanitize.js does not cause the problem?)

Not 100%, I will see how i can deactivate it completely for testing
this behaviour. sanitize.js should only work on posts and comments.

Regards,
Dirk

Dirk Olbertz

Dec 17, 2008, 3:40:19 AM12/17/08
to Antville developer's mailing-list
Sorry for the trouble, it actually was the sanitize.js from
helmaTwoday. Or: how the code in PollMgr was altered when the patch
was used on Blogger.de. The code tried to strip tags from a variable
"title" which is not defined in that scope. I'm not quite sure where
this came from, but it's fixed now.

Regards,
Dirk