Fwd: WAC Digital Heritage Working Group - call for help

Leif Isaksen

Jul 24, 2008, 5:58:03 AM7/24/08
to anti...@googlegroups.com, Michael Ashley
Hi all

Whilst at the World Achaeological Congress in Dublin, a Digital Heritage Working Group was set up.

http://worldarchaeologicalcongress.org/site/wacpress_07.php

Its principal roles are both to help the WAC organisation (in dissemination etc), but also to think through and support digital and communication infrastructure for archaeologists at a global level. Naturally there are some limits to what we can take on (eg we'll leave computer training to the experts ;-) ) but focuses are likely to be on awareness-raising and guidance on global archaeology communication issues. (For example, how accessible is a project's output to archaeologists in developing nations? How do digital approaches mitigate/exacerbate such problems?)

If anyone is interested, please contact Michael Ashley at the address below. There is no need to be a WAC member to join (although that would be good too) and, as you can see, any help would be gladly received.

Best

Leif