Quercei, a graphical treebank editor

Bruce Robertson

Dec 7, 2008, 10:32:16 PM12/7/08
to anti...@googlegroups.com
In an effort to support the Perseus Project's Treebank initiative,[1]
I've been playing around with a design for a graphical treebank editor
that I call Quercei. The technology preview for this Rails application
is at http://heml.mta.ca/quercei There is a nine-minute introductory
video half way down that page: viewed at full-screen resolution, it
highlights most of the important features.

The project code is hosted on github,[2] and I've made a 15-minute
video to illustrate the build process on a bare ubuntu machine.[3]
Building on a MacOS machine is a simpler subset. I can even provide a
Parallels 4.0 virtual machine with Ubuntu 8.0.4 and Quercei running
nicely if someone should so wish.

Anyone can submit a project ticket, reporting a bug or dreaming a
dream, at http://www.assembla.com/spaces/quercei/tickets (Assembla
provides free project hosting for Open Source projects. It will
announce code commits on a twitter account, so my answer to the 'what
do I use twitter for' thread last week is, 'someday, to watch students
improve my Classics computing projects' :-)

Fond Regards,

Bruce Robertson, Head
Dept. of Classics, Mount Allison University

[1]http://nlp.perseus.tufts.edu/syntax/treebank/
[2]http://github.com/brobertson/quercei/tree/master
[3]http://brucerobertson.blip.tv/#1526633