Ankidroid 0.2 released

Nicolas Raoul

Sep 8, 2009, 7:42:52 AM9/8/09
to Anki Android
Hello all,

I just released Ankidroid 0.2 following a beta period of 10 days.
I pushed it to the Google Market, which means users will automatically
be advised to upgrade.

Main changes:
- Sample deck, for people won't don't know Anki yet.
- Basic spaced repetition, for decks you have already reviewed with
Anki.
- Directly opens last time's deck.
- Preferences dialog, including the option to hide the whiteboard and
timer.

Here is the source code:
http://github.com/nicolas-raoul/Anki-Android/tree/master
0.2 is commit c198668831e7571f69ddd4e2557d4e99bf223300
Those who don't want to use git might just grab this source dump:
http://ichi2.net/anki/wiki/AndroidAnki?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=ankidroid-0.2.zip

Please let me know as soon as possible about any bug you would find,
thank you very much!

Yours,
Nicolas Raoul
http://nrw.free.fr

Sieb

Sep 9, 2009, 7:45:13 AM9/9/09
to Anki Android
Very much appreciated. However I don't think alot of normal anki users
are going to actually make use of this until sync with ankionline
isn't implemented since one would have to learn on both ends at the
same time without an easy way to keep things under control.

On Sep 8, 8:42 pm, Nicolas Raoul <nicolas.ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I just released Ankidroid 0.2 following a beta period of 10 days.
> I pushed it to the Google Market, which means users will automatically
> be advised to upgrade.
>
> Main changes:
> - Sample deck, for people won't don't know Anki yet.
> - Basic spaced repetition, for decks you have already reviewed with
> Anki.
> - Directly opens last time's deck.
> - Preferences dialog, including the option to hide the whiteboard and
> timer.
>
> Here is the source code:http://github.com/nicolas-raoul/Anki-Android/tree/master
> 0.2 is commit c198668831e7571f69ddd4e2557d4e99bf223300
> Those who don't want to use git might just grab this source dump:http://ichi2.net/anki/wiki/AndroidAnki?action=AttachFile&do=get&targe...

Nicolas Raoul

Sep 9, 2009, 11:28:29 AM9/9/09
to Anki Android
Hi Sieb,

Synchronization is next on my TODO list.

However, you can start benefiting from Ankidroid right now. If you
have some time to loose in the train, reviewing "out of sync" is
better than not reviewing at all.

I recommend overwriting your Android deck with your PC deck every week
or so. This way, Ankidroid will keep showing you cards with very short
intervals, which will be a great benefit for your memorization, with
no side-effects on spaced repetition.

Could someone please take the time to update the Wiki (and
screenshots) to show the new features?

Cheers,
Nicolas Raoul.

Juan Miguel Cejuela

Sep 9, 2009, 1:36:09 PM9/9/09
to anki-a...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot Nicolas for your work!

I'll update the Wiki on Sunday if noboday has done so before. Until
then I am very busy...

Keep learning
--
Juan Miguel Cejuela
~http://www.ashrentum.net

Make the most of your day

Juan Miguel Cejuela

Sep 13, 2009, 6:54:53 PM9/13/09
to anki-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

As I promised here is the Wiki updated:

http://ichi2.net/anki/wiki/AndroidAnki

Cheers!

Nicolas Raoul

Sep 14, 2009, 9:15:25 AM9/14/09
to anki-a...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot for your contributions Juan :-)

Minor remarks:
- People may wonder what the whiteboard is for. If there is a
screenshot of difficult kanji, they will immediately understand. For
instance 龍 (dragon) or 麹 (yeast).
- A screenshot of the menu would tip people who might wonder how to
switch decks. It would mean reordering the screenshots: programs list
> ecuador > quito > menu on quito card > deck picker > kanji with
whiteboard > preferences.

Thanks again!
Nicolas Raoul