Froyo on the ViewSonic VP 10

Al Sutton

Nov 9, 2010, 8:15:42 AM11/9/10
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Thanks to everyone for their help. I've put together a manifest which allows people to checkout and build a version of Froyo-x86 combined with Stephanes' work on N450 tablets to get a working build.

The instructions are up at http://gitorious.org/froyo-x86-viewpad10/pages/Home and any tips or extra help would be welcome.

Al.

Chih-Wei Huang

Nov 10, 2010, 6:45:12 AM11/10/10
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the sharing.

Would you like to put your target product
into android-x86 git trees?
I'll send you more details if you will.

BTW, you can add TARGET_STRIP=1
to get a stripped image.
You may also install squashfs-tools
to get a compressed image.
WIth these operations your image size
should be smaller than 80MB.

2010/11/9 Al Sutton <al.s...@alsutton.com>:

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

Al Sutton

Nov 10, 2010, 6:59:31 AM11/10/10
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi Cheh-Wei,

I'd be happy to merge them in. The kernel_common tree I'm using has modifications for the touch screen, so if you're happy for those to go in as well then everything can moved over.

Al.

Chih-Wei Huang

Nov 11, 2010, 3:48:36 AM11/11/10
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Ok, I've put the driver into android-x86 kernel (2.6.35).
Once you get the accounts, you can begin
to push the device stuff into our repositories.
Thank you!

mik

Nov 11, 2010, 8:16:10 AM11/11/10
to Android-x86
Hi,

Is there image that can be downloaded for this or do I need to build
it locally?

Mik

On Nov 11, 8:48 am, Chih-Wei Huang <cwhu...@android-x86.org> wrote:
> Ok, I've put the driver into android-x86 kernel (2.6.35).
> Once you get the accounts, you can begin
> to push the device stuff into our repositories.
> Thank you!

Al Sutton

Nov 12, 2010, 2:26:47 AM11/12/10
to andro...@googlegroups.com
There's a couple of admin issues to sort out, but a VP10 build will be available in the next few days.

Al.

Al Sutton

Nov 12, 2010, 5:59:37 AM11/12/10
to andro...@googlegroups.com
The ViewPad 10 stuff has now been integrated into the main android-x86 tree.

** Please Note : At the moment it is a work in progress. There are some issues (listed at http://code.google.com/p/android-x86/issues/list?can=2&q=Platform-ViewPad10) which mean it's not production ready (specifically issue 153) **

There is an image you can download in the downloads section of the Google Code area (http://code.google.com/p/android-x86/downloads/list)

Please use the Google code issue tracker for issues.

Thanks,

Al.

richi

Nov 14, 2010, 12:23:17 AM11/14/10
to Android-x86
Very good, and don't forget to make sdcard working for most apps to
store data.

On 11月12日, 下午6時59分, Al Sutton <alsut...@android-x86.org> wrote:
> The ViewPad 10 stuff has now been integrated into the main android-x86 tree.
>
> ** Please Note : At the moment it is a work in progress. There are some issues (listed athttp://code.google.com/p/android-x86/issues/list?can=2&q=Platform-Vie...) which mean it's not production ready (specifically issue 153) **

Al Sutton

Nov 14, 2010, 5:10:32 AM11/14/10
to andro...@googlegroups.com
The SD card should be already working. I figured out the correct vold entry for the device and tested it so if you're having any problems please put them in the Google Code bugtracker.

Al.

yym

Dec 10, 2010, 4:16:47 AM12/10/10
to Android-x86

Hi thanks for your hard work on this.

Unfortuntely i have a issue, i mounted the image and ran from usb no
problem.

Then i noticed it could be installed onto HD with seemed to work fine,
installed grub etc then first time it booted into froyo no problem.

However after that when i start machine i only get prompt grub> and
cannot boot into android or windows. Android will work from usb, but
windows i cannot boot into at all.

Help!

(hope this is the correct place to post this)

Al Sutton

Dec 10, 2010, 12:30:19 PM12/10/10
to andro...@googlegroups.com
The froyo image is still in testing and hasn't been tested when installed on the hard disk, so I may not be able to help much.

What happens when you type the following commands;

rootnoverify (hd0,1)
chainloader +1

yym

Dec 10, 2010, 2:08:27 PM12/10/10
to Android-x86
Al Sutton

Thank you for reply, appreciated.

A bit more info, looks like it never actually installed onto the HD,
but did wipe it!

When i put usb stick it boots up normally from there.

With regards to the commands you suggested i get just the prompt grub>
no feedback or anything else happens

Typing root gave me (hd0,1): Filesystem type unknown. partition type
0x7

Thank you
YM
> > For more options, visit this group athttp://groups.google.com/group/android-x86?hl=en.- Hide quoted text -

yym

Dec 10, 2010, 4:06:30 PM12/10/10
to Android-x86
Al, thanks for reply

I think i figured out that it never installed on HD, but did wipe it.

It runs off the usb image fine, but no option for win 7

I tried commands you suggested, they give no error or other feedback.

Is there a image i can install to restore 1.6 that you know of.

Regards
YM

Al Sutton

Dec 11, 2010, 3:03:14 AM12/11/10
to andro...@googlegroups.com
YM,

The ViewSonic re-install disk should be in the box with the device. If there are issues with it can I suggest you contact their support who may be able to give you their 1.6 image.

Al.