3G modem support

Chih-Wei Huang

Sep 13, 2010, 6:37:40 AM9/13/10
to Android-x86
Hi,
I've merged the support of 3G USB modem dongle
into froyo-x86 branch.

Depends on your USB dongle, you may need
to modify the property rild.libargs
and system/core/rootdir/etc/ppp/peers/gprs
to set the modem ports correctly.

With the on property function of init.rc,
now the pppd daemon will automatically
start to establish the internet connection
when 3G dongle is inserted.

If you create a proper APN, a 3G activity icon
will appear on the top-right corner of the status bar.
(e.g. http://cwhuang.info/wpg2?g2_itemId=618)
All internet apps will work correctly.
You can add the APN of your carrier to the apns-conf.xml.

Hopefully you enjoy the nice feature.

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

richi

Sep 18, 2010, 3:32:48 AM9/18/10
to Android-x86
Hi,

Good job.
Can it also support Haiwei E169u by default?
BTW, the Haiwei E169u has voice function. The froyo-x86 can make and
receive voice call through it?

Christian Buchner

Sep 21, 2010, 7:14:46 PM9/21/10
to andro...@googlegroups.com

Excuse me if this question may sound uninformed. How can I identify which files were changed as part of this merge? The android-x86 source tree is huge and I do not even know where to start searching.

I am trying to add proper 3G support zo my Zenithink ZT-180 tablet, so the changes you merged into android-x86 are of great interest to me.

Chih-Wei Huang

Sep 22, 2010, 9:33:52 PM9/22/10
to andro...@googlegroups.com
The changes distributed in several projects
including (as what I can remember):
build, system/core, external/ppp, hardware/ril.