Re: Keyboard German Layout

Message has been deleted

Chih-Wei Huang

Jul 15, 2011, 10:31:07 PM7/15/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
You can't use this feature in live mode --
settings will lose after rebooting in live mode.
So you have to install android-x86 to harddisk
to make it work.

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

Markus

Jul 17, 2011, 9:54:56 AM7/17/11
to Android-x86
It's installed to harddisk. And it saves the changes. In the Keyboard
menu, the German layout is activated, but it doesn't work. And after I
reboot, all my changes are saved, but the keys are not. Is it possible
to install an german Layout instead of the English?

On 16 Jul., 04:31, Chih-Wei Huang <cwhu...@android-x86.org> wrote:
> You can't use this feature in live mode --
> settings will lose after rebooting in live mode.
> So you have to install android-x86 to harddisk
> to make it work.

Tom

Dec 27, 2011, 5:26:22 PM12/27/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I would like to use the swiss french layout, but it never changes, I'm using the latest ICS x86 installed on hard disk.
Is there any workaroung to use a different layout than english ?
thanks

Markus

Dec 29, 2011, 12:22:43 PM12/29/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com

-Open a Console with Alt-F1

-you need to get full user rights. Use chmod or chown.

- Type" -s /system/usr/keychars/de.kcm.bin /system/usr/keychars/AT_Translated_Set_2_keyboard.kcm.bin"

- Close the console

Most Keys are working (de.kcm.bin is for German Keyboard)

Harumi Ueda

Feb 6, 2012, 11:54:33 AM2/6/12
to Android-x86
Hi,

Do you know if changing de ISO code in de.kcm.bin would make it work
for any keyboard layout? E.g. es.kcm.bin if I wanted to change the
current english layout into spanish.

Also, I tried doing it but it gave me this error: Bad mode.

Do I need to do anything else?

Thank you

On Dec 29 2011, 11:22 am, Markus <markuskammergru...@googlemail.com>

Amogh Harish

Feb 6, 2012, 6:53:22 PM2/6/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com

Yeah. I guess you would need the keyboard layout to be installed before hand.

Harumi Ueda

Feb 8, 2012, 10:43:15 PM2/8/12
to Android-x86
After googling for a little while I've come to realise that probably
changing the ISO code on that file wouldn't work (silly me!).
Apparently, I need to make my own keyboard settings according to the
keyboard I'm using on Android x86.
I will keep working on this and see if I manage to change the default
keyboard layout into the spanish layout.

Thank you a lot! :)

On Feb 6, 5:53 pm, Amogh Harish <amoghharish...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah. I guess you would need the keyboard layout to be installed before
> hand.

Michal Fligl

Feb 29, 2012, 10:41:53 AM2/29/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi, please can you tell me if it's possible to change key mapping to Czech? I haven't found that file in directory you described as expected, but there are just Generic, qwerty, qwerty2, virtual .kcm , not even German. So, my question is how did you do that? I've tried remapping default key map to CZ but after that, my keyboard stopped working.

I'm using 4.0 RC1 where Czech language is present, so why it won't accept keyboard?
Thanks

Löylyttäjä

Mar 7, 2012, 3:06:06 PM3/7/12
to Android-x86
Hi

I'm using also 4.0RC1 on Eeepc 900 and having the same problem with
finnish layout.
Language and keyboard layout is changed to finnish but physical
keyboard is still english,
everything else works fine though. And there's only files listed in
the above message,
not anything like de.kcm.bin etc. I've tried to find some solution but
haven't come up with anything.
Some instructions suggested using modified kcm or kl files but they
didn't provide more info.

Is there anything that would make other keyboard layouts than english
possible?
Thanks

Janne

Mar 11, 2012, 1:45:39 PM3/11/12
to Android-x86
Hello!

I have the same problem. Running ICS on a EeeePc 900 and would like a
physical swedish keyboard. English works fine and the swedish
"software" keyboard also works.
Thanx in advance for a quick resolution to this problem.

//Janne

On 7 mar, 21:06, Löylyttäjä <andersso...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm using also 4.0RC1 on Eeepc 900 and having the same problem with
> finnish layout.
> Language and keyboard layout is changed to finnish but physical
> keyboard is still english,
> everything else works fine though. And there's only files listed in
> the above message,
> not anything like de.kcm.bin etc. I've tried to find some solution but
> haven't come up with anything.
> Some instructions suggested using modified kcm or kl files but they
> didn't provide more info.
>
> Is there anything that would make other keyboard layouts than english
> possible?
> Thanks
>
> On 29 helmi, 17:41, Michal Fligl <xmich3...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi, please can you tell me if it's possible to change key mapping to Czech?
> > I haven't found that file in directory you described as expected, but there
> > are just Generic, qwerty, qwerty2, virtual .kcm , not evenGerman. So, my

Alessandro Magnolo

Mar 15, 2012, 7:38:05 AM3/15/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
same here. running ICS on eeepc 701 with Italian physical keyboard layout.
would like to find a way to correctly map the keys.

thank you.
alessandro

Thomas Uhl

Mar 17, 2012, 10:45:55 AM3/17/12
to Android-x86
Same problem with Asus EeePC x101 and a german keyboard.

Yours
Tom

On 11 Mrz., 18:45, Janne <abrov...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have the same problem. Running ICS on a EeeePc 900 and would like a
> physical swedishkeyboard. English works fine and the swedish
> "software"keyboardalso works.
> Thanx in advance for a quick resolution to this problem.
>
> //Janne
>
> On 7 mar, 21:06, Löylyttäjä <andersso...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi
>
> > I'm using also 4.0RC1 on Eeepc 900 and having the same problem with
> > finnish layout.
> > Language andkeyboardlayout is changed to finnish but physical
> >keyboardis still english,
> > everything else works fine though. And there's only files listed in
> > the above message,
> > not anything like de.kcm.bin etc. I've tried to find some solution but
> > haven't come up with anything.
> > Some instructions suggested using modified kcm or kl files but they
> > didn't provide more info.
>
> > Is there anything that would make otherkeyboardlayouts than english
> > possible?
> > Thanks
>
> > On 29 helmi, 17:41, Michal Fligl <xmich3...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Hi, please can you tell me if it's possible to change key mapping to Czech?
> > > I haven't found that file in directory you described as expected, but there
> > > are just Generic, qwerty, qwerty2, virtual .kcm , not evenGerman. So, my
> > > question is how did you do that? I've tried remapping default key map to CZ
> > > but after that, mykeyboardstopped working.

ranfyy

Mar 19, 2012, 9:59:32 AM3/19/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Have a look at my brand new project page:
  http://code.google.com/p/eee-qwertz/

Holger Schurig

Jun 26, 2012, 10:46:40 AM6/26/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Reviving an antique thread ...  :-)

* I installed those files from http://code.google.com/p/eee-qwertz.
* they seem to get detected, at least "logcat -d | grep idc" shows:

I/EventHub( 1425): New device: id=9,
   fd=155,
   path='/dev/input/event3',
   name='AT Translated Set 2 keyboard',
   classes=0x43,
   configuration='/system/usr/idc/AT_Translated_Set_2_keyboard.idc',
   keyLayout='/system/usr/keylayout/qwertz_de_DE.kl',
   keyCharacterMap='/system/usr/keychars/qwertz_de_DE.kcm',
   builtinKeyboard=true

* But unfortunately neither in the console (Alt-F1) nor in Android itself the keyboard is german.
* I then made a Vendor_413c_Product_2106.idc file, which also get'r recognized:

New device: id=13,
   fd=238,
   path='/dev/input/event8',
   name='DELL Dell QuietKey Keyboard',
   classes=0x80000043,
   configuration='/system/usr/idc/Vendor_413c_Product_2106.idc',
   keyLayout='/system/usr/keylayout/qwertz_de_DE.kl',
   keyCharacterMap='/system/usr/keychars/qwertz_de_DE.kcm',
   builtinKeyboard=false
I/InputReader( 1425): Device added: id=13, name='DELL Dell QuietKey Keyboard', sources=0x00000501

* still no luck
* in logcat, I saw this:

I/ActivityManager( 1425): Config changed: {1.0 0mcc0mnc en_US layoutdir=0 sw600dp w800dp h552dp lrg land -touch qwerty/v/v -nav/h s.11}

Unfortunately this still shows "en_US" ...  what went wrong?

Ralf ranfyy

Jun 27, 2012, 1:48:39 AM6/27/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Moin Holger,

you build your own images, right?

On Tuesday, June 26, 2012 4:46:40 PM UTC+2, Holger Schurig wrote:
Reviving an antique thread ...  :-)

No problem.

* I installed those files from http://code.google.com/p/eee-qwertz.
* they seem to get detected, at least "logcat -d | grep idc" shows:

I/EventHub( 1425): New device: id=9,
   fd=155,
   path='/dev/input/event3',
   name='AT Translated Set 2 keyboard',
   classes=0x43,
   configuration='/system/usr/idc/AT_Translated_Set_2_keyboard.idc',
   keyLayout='/system/usr/keylayout/qwertz_de_DE.kl',
   keyCharacterMap='/system/usr/keychars/qwertz_de_DE.kcm',
   builtinKeyboard=true

I'd say that looks good. No idea why it doesn't work then.
Have a look at file ownership/permissions maybe?

* But unfortunately neither in the console (Alt-F1) nor in Android itself the keyboard is german.

This idc/kl/kcm combo for me only works in Android, not in the root console.

* I then made a Vendor_413c_Product_2106.idc file, which also get'r recognized:

New device: id=13,
   fd=238,
   path='/dev/input/event8',
   name='DELL Dell QuietKey Keyboard',
   classes=0x80000043,
   configuration='/system/usr/idc/Vendor_413c_Product_2106.idc',
   keyLayout='/system/usr/keylayout/qwertz_de_DE.kl',
   keyCharacterMap='/system/usr/keychars/qwertz_de_DE.kcm',
   builtinKeyboard=false
I/InputReader( 1425): Device added: id=13, name='DELL Dell QuietKey Keyboard', sources=0x00000501

This is an external USB keyboard?
Because I see this:
---
 builtinKeyboard=false
---

* still no luck
* in logcat, I saw this:

I/ActivityManager( 1425): Config changed: {1.0 0mcc0mnc en_US layoutdir=0 sw600dp w800dp h552dp lrg land -touch qwerty/v/v -nav/h s.11}

I have no idea what this line is trying to tell. Sorry

Holger Schurig

Jun 27, 2012, 7:02:00 AM6/27/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Moin Moin, Ralf !

you build your own images, right?

Yes!

I'd say that looks good. No idea why it doesn't work then. Have a look at file ownership/permissions maybe?

Just checked that, they are all "world readable".

This idc/kl/kcm combo for me only works in Android, not in the root console.

Okay, just re-checked it, and now i get german keys in Android. Dunno why now and not before.

For the console it seems I have to compile Busybox with the equivalent of loadkeys-support and try that. For me, a german keyboard on the console would speed up the bringup-and-debugging time, because I'm used to german keyboard and only "can find my way" on an US layout, e.g. guessing where ^ or & are ...