MSI Wind U100 wifi problem

Rýc Lukáš

Jan 4, 2012, 5:39:01 PM1/4/12
to Android-x86
Hi all!

Yesterday I tested the new build of Android 4.0 ICS 2012-01-01 on my
MSI Wind U100 netbook, but it did not work wifi.

(The Honeycomb 3.2 RC2 -> after the "Detecting android x86" kernel
panic occurred.) :((

Wifi Model: Realtek rtl8187se

This build includes a module for this wifi.

Can you please advise someone how to get wifi to work ?

Thank you.

dscm

Jan 4, 2012, 7:38:30 PM1/4/12
to Android-x86
be aware as that is a staging driver...

"drivers that are not of the "normal" Linux kernel quality level"

"these drivers are under heavy development, may or may not work"

anyway..check the TODO list and the config to see all the dependencies
are
met and all the modules are included in the build...
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

dscm

Jan 4, 2012, 8:37:28 PM1/4/12
to Android-x86
hate it with no edit option...LOL

ok..did some quick checking..you should try the Honeycomb laptop 3.2
version here:

http://code.google.com/p/android-x86/downloads/detail?name=android-x86-3.2-RC2-asus_laptop.iso&can=2&q=

and/or the eeepc version here:

http://code.google.com/p/android-x86/downloads/detail?name=android-x86-3.2-RC2-eeepc.iso&can=2&q=

based on the following dated nov. 16 2011....

http://www.borncity.com/blog/2011/11/16/testdrive-android-x86-3-2-rc2-on-eee-pc-msi-wind-u-100/

Rýc Lukáš

Jan 6, 2012, 1:17:09 PM1/6/12
to Android-x86
Yes i tried both ISO images but i got:

In "Live CD - Debug mode"
----------------------------------
"Kernel panic-not syncing: Attempted to Kill init!
"Pid: 1, comm: Not Tainted chroot-3.0.1-x86-android eeepc # 3"

In "installation mode"
---------------------------

"Android-x86 installer is not available."
"Press RETURN to run live version"

and then

Same kernel panic again

I do not know what it may be: (

On 5 led, 02:37, dscm <rbg.hptou...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hate it with no edit option...LOL
>
> ok..did some quick checking..you should try the Honeycomb laptop 3.2
> version here:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/android-x86/downloads/detail?name=android-x8...
>
> and/or the eeepc version here:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/android-x86/downloads/detail?name=android-x8...
>
> based on the following dated nov. 16 2011....
>
> http://www.borncity.com/blog/2011/11/16/testdrive-android-x86-3-2-rc2...

dscm

Jan 7, 2012, 1:23:55 PM1/7/12
to Android-x86
well you must have some other issues...according to the article
they ran both those images on an MSI Wind U100 successfully on
11/16/11......

Rýc Lukáš

Jan 9, 2012, 11:32:31 AM1/9/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com

Problem solved ... I used 1GB flash card instead of 4GB . The honeycomb 3.2 R2 (asus eee image) is a functional wifi ..