New test build 20090819

阿偉

Aug 19, 2009, 1:09:10 PM8/19/09
to Android-x86
The Android-x86 project is glad to announce a new daily build for
public testing.
A live cd iso and usb image are available from the site:

http://code.google.com/p/android-x86/downloads/list

In addition to the features available in previous release v0.9, the
new build contains
* Donut (Android 2.0) based.
* Wifi support with GUI configuration.
* New disk installer, supports ext3/ext2/ntfs/fat32 filesystems.
* Hotplug for loading firmware.
* Enable most device drivers as modules, auto detection works better.
* Keyboard support improvement, external USB keyboard works.
* Graceful shutdown by pressing power button.

Released Files
Live CD iso: eeepc-20090819.iso
sha1sum: 4d86becfb387c572f4c5b885cf0e778193ffdec9

Live USB image: eeepc_usb-20090819.img.gz
sha1sum: bc8d2ddd56d317dc6acaff018926d28ee7e37d37

As uaual, the source code is available in our git server:

$ repo init -u git://git.android-x86.org/android-x86/platform/manifest.git
$ repo sync

The Android-x86 project is aimed to provide a complete solution for
Android on x86 platforms.
Currently we use ASUS Eee PC as the reference platform.
However, the work should be easy to port to other x86 platform.
Test reports (success or fail) are welcome.

--
Android-x86 project
http://android-x86.org

阿偉

Aug 19, 2009, 11:28:55 PM8/19/09
to Android-x86
Due to unknown reason, the files uploaded to google code yesterday
have wrong checksum.

So I have deleted the old, and uploaded new files.

1e1b89cd95b3110a03ad1f34056c62b74c7eca79 eeepc-20090820.iso
fcb0909436bf68dc3e35d6c41d92ff434a42a492 eeepc_usb-20090820.img.gz

Sorry for the inconvenience.

--
Android-x86 project
http://android-x86.org

Gregory Gee

Aug 20, 2009, 10:33:36 PM8/20/09
to andro...@googlegroups.com

Tried out this 0820 iso. Copied the 4 files onto my HD of my Acer
Aspire AOA150. Wifi works great and the shutdown option is a nice
addition. Great job. Now to get some apps.

Thanks,
Greg

Yi Sun

Aug 20, 2009, 11:20:03 PM8/20/09
to andro...@googlegroups.com, andro...@googlegroups.com
Good to hear about it and we will have more stuff coming soon
Yi

Gregory Gee

Aug 20, 2009, 11:27:18 PM8/20/09
to andro...@googlegroups.com

I did find something interesting. If my netbook goes to sleep from
idle activity, when I wake it back up, the wifi doesn't work. I have
to go and disconnect/connect to get it running again.

Greg

On 20-Aug-09, at 11:20 PM, Yi Sun wrote:

> Good to hear about it and we will have more stuff coming soon
> Yi
>

> On 2009-8-20, at 19:33, Gregory Gee <gee.g...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Tried out this 0820 iso. Copied the 4 files onto my HD of my Acer
>> Aspire AOA150. Wifi works great and the shutdown option is a nice
>> addition. Great job. Now to get some apps.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Greg

Yi Sun

Aug 21, 2009, 12:05:02 PM8/21/09
to andro...@googlegroups.com
It sounds like a driver issue. Sleep and resume of the driver should be controlled by driver itself. What is the wifi device are you using?
--
Android-x86
http://code.google.com/p/android-x86/

Gregory Gee

Aug 21, 2009, 8:56:23 PM8/21/09
to andro...@googlegroups.com

  When I boot up in debug, it says "ath5k phy0: Atheros AR2425 chip found".

Greg

Yi Sun

Aug 21, 2009, 9:15:54 PM8/21/09
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hmm.. it should be ok. Could you create a bug in the project. So that I can take a look after I done with my current work?
Thanks

Yi

2009/8/21 Gregory Gee <gee.g...@gmail.com>

--
Android-x86
http://code.google.com/p/android-x86/

Gregory Gee

Aug 21, 2009, 10:11:09 PM8/21/09
to andro...@googlegroups.com

  I just raised issue 33.  Noticed that issue 19 is similar.  I think.

Greg

Yi Sun

Aug 21, 2009, 10:15:30 PM8/21/09
to andro...@googlegroups.com