adobe flash

Chirag

Jan 19, 2011, 12:45:46 AM1/19/11
to Android-x86, chira...@rangam.com
I am using 2.2 genereric.iso in virtual box and would like to install
flash player into it to test my one of project which is using flash
content embeded in webpage. Does flash will work in virtual box?
I am not being able to install flash 10.1 into it

Suman Saraf

Jan 19, 2011, 2:27:25 AM1/19/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com, chi...@gmail.com, chira...@rangam.com

Flash doesn't work on android-x86 because it has ARM shared libraries.

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

From: Chirag <chi...@gmail.com>;
> Flash doesn't work on android-x86 because it has ARM shared libraries.
But that's Android for x86 not ARM. o.O

xulru...@gmail.com

Jan 19, 2011, 2:11:29 PM1/19/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com

Can't we somehow port flash for x86 gnu/linux to android distro? There are very performant versions and it seems silly that we can't get flash on x86 linux of another variant... shouldn't these things be pretty well understood?

I would understand if you tell me that aosp has chosen not to implement a necessary interface (x11 comes to mind first)
Sent from my android device.

Ikem Krueger

Jan 19, 2011, 2:55:24 PM1/19/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
> 2011/1/19 <xulru...@gmail.com>:

> Can't we somehow port flash for x86 gnu/linux to android distro? There are
> very performant versions and it seems silly that we can't get flash on x86
> linux of another variant...
I wouldn't "port" them. It's a lot easier to copy
"/usr/lib/adobe-flashplugin/libflashplayer.so" from another distro.

flyte

Jan 20, 2011, 3:20:11 PM1/20/11
to Android-x86
So whats the verdict on this? Does replacing the .so from another
distro allow flash to work on android-x86?

On Jan 19, 12:55 pm, Ikem Krueger <ikem.krue...@googlemail.com> wrote:

Doug Schaefer

Jan 20, 2011, 8:55:26 PM1/20/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
No. You can't take any binaries from Linux and just run them on
Android. Android isn't Linux in that way. It's different from the
dynamic loader on up.

The only solution is to get an Android build of Flash, which I believe
Google TV has.

Ikem Krueger

Jan 21, 2011, 12:53:39 PM1/21/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
> 2011/1/20 flyte <brown...@gmail.com>:

> So whats the verdict on this? Does replacing the .so from another
> distro allow flash to work on android-x86?
I don't know. But I would try it.

Ikem Krueger

Jan 21, 2011, 12:55:56 PM1/21/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
> 2011/1/21 Doug Schaefer <cdt...@gmail.com>:

> No. You can't take any binaries from Linux and just run them on
> Android. Android isn't Linux in that way. It's different from the
> dynamic loader on up.
Sure. The "*.exe" is different. But the libraries?

> The only solution is to get an Android build of Flash, which I believe
> Google TV has.

Good to know. :)