Broadcom wl driver

瀏覽次數:410 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Doug Schaefer

未讀,
2011年11月28日 晚上11:48:562011/11/28
收件者:andro...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone been able to get honeycomb-x86 to work with the broadcom wl
driver? I notice it's turned on in the kernel and I set up the
wlan.modname to point to it in my system.props file (and set
wlan.interface=eth0). The driver seems to come up but I keep getting
"Failed to initiate AP scan" from the wpa_supplicant. Is there
something I need to do there to get things to work? Does awext work
with this driver?

BTW the wireless chip is BCM4312. It's a Dell Mini 10v (aka. Inspiron
1011). I've had the wl driver working in other Linux OSes with this
machine.

Thanks,
Doug

fuzzy7k

未讀,
2011年11月29日 上午10:56:442011/11/29
收件者:Android-x86
I get the same. Broadcom recently updated the driver and I've not used
it yet in Android. The old driver required a couple patches so it's
possible that the new one needs a patch, or the old patch is still in
place and broke something. If I get some time I'll try to drop in the
old driver and see if it works.

On Nov 28, 11:48 pm, Doug Schaefer <cdtd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone been able to get honeycomb-x86 to work with the broadcom wl
> driver? I notice it's turned on in the kernel and I set up the

> wlan.modname to point to it in my system.props file (and setwlan.interface=eth0). The driver seems to come up but I keep getting

fuzzy7k

未讀,
2011年11月29日 晚上9:30:052011/11/29
收件者:Android-x86
Ok, I got it working. The patches to the driver are ok, one is still
needed and the other fails without harm. The problem is with the
makefile. We were using one that I had to hack up. The new one only
needs a minor tweak. Go to drivers/net/wireless/wl and extract the
Makefile from the archive. Find the EXTRA_LDFLAGS line and add $
(srctree)/ to read like below.

EXTRA_LDFLAGS := $(srctree)/$(src)/lib/wlc_hybrid.o_shipped

That should get you up and running. I'll try to revamp this work in
the repo tomorrow.

Pēteris Kļaviņš

未讀,
2012年4月2日 下午4:49:492012/4/2
收件者:andro...@googlegroups.com
Are your updates visible in any of the prebuilt ISO's? I've tried most of the 4.0 ISO's and while many boot on the Dell Mini 10v (thanks very much guys, they look very slick indeed!), they can't enable WiFi, ditto for the old 2.2r2 sparta ISO, so the Dell is not as usable as it could be.

Er Lern Loh

未讀,
2012年4月3日 清晨7:21:072012/4/3
收件者:andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Everything seems to be working fine (in relation to ICS Android 4.0) on my Dell Mini 9, except for the said WiFi driver (Broadcom). It shows that it is active but it never connects nor gives an option to connect. Is there a way to incorporate the previous patches (mentioned above)? Is there a way for a newbie to apply it ourselves or do we have to build the whole ISO again?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

ketan bhardwaj

未讀,
2012年4月3日 上午9:42:432012/4/3
收件者:andro...@googlegroups.com
I also tried at my end and it doesn't work for me.

Could you please let me know, how you managed to get the wl driver working ?
i.e. steps I need to perform before building my iso ?

regards
Ketan Bhardwaj

To get a comprehensive view of my work Please visit http://sites.google.com/site/ketanbj/

fuzzy7k

未讀,
2012年4月5日 下午2:39:402012/4/5
收件者:andro...@googlegroups.com
ics is a whole other story. It uses nl80211 by default instead of wext. The latest broadcom driver is suppose to support this, but it doesn't work with wpa_supplicant_8 & Android. Instead, wl needs wext with wpa_supplicant_6. There are problems with it not showing AP's, but it should still be able to connect by adding the connection manually (with the exception of WPA2).

As far as I know, the tx2500 is the only build that includes this crippled support. There have not been any official releases due to lagging development, but tabletsX86 has it covered.

On the other hand, if you are lucky, your chip may be supported by brcmsmac, Broadcom's open source driver. The s103t includes support for that.

I've notified the developers at Broadcom of the issues we are having with the wl driver. Hopefully there will be an improvement with their next driver release.

Er Lern Loh

未讀,
2012年4月5日 晚上9:22:452012/4/5
收件者:andro...@googlegroups.com