Git server status

Chih-Wei

Sep 23, 2009, 3:55:50 AM9/23/09
to Android-x86
Hi All,
Since the old git server sometimes suffered from bandwidth issues,
we moved it to a new server provided by Taiwan Linux User Group
(TwLUG).
We also simplified the git url from
git://git.android-x86.org/android-x86/
to git://git.android-x86.org/
That is, for repo init, it is
$ repo init -u git://git.android-x86.org/platform/manifest.git
For each individual Android project, it is
git://git.android-x86.org/path_to_project.git

The old url is still valid, but maybe removed in the future.

The Android mirror (android.git.kernel.org) is moved
git://korg.android-x86.org/
So to get the original Android tree from our mirror, use
$ repo init -u git://korg.android-x86.org/platform/manifest.git

The gitweb does not work yet on the new git server.
We will try to fix it as soon as possible.

--
Android-x86 project
http://www.android-x86.org/

DigitalVision

Sep 23, 2009, 1:30:07 PM9/23/09
to Android-x86
Thanks for changing the server, it was dam slow with old server, now
it is very fast I can dn load entire tree in 40min.

Chih-Wei Huang

Sep 24, 2009, 9:25:28 PM9/24/09
to Android-x86
2009/9/23 Chih-Wei <cwh...@android-x86.org>:

> The gitweb does not work yet on the new git server.
> We will try to fix it as soon as possible.

The gitweb works now.
http://git.android-x86.org/

Also see
http://git.linux.org.tw/

Thanks to Andrew Lee who helped us to set it up.