How can I install Market on Android on Dell inspiron Duo?

Justin

May 28, 2011, 9:13:21 PM5/28/11
to Android-x86
Do I need to install the latest version? I installed Amazon app store,
but I couldn't install anything.

Shady

Jun 15, 2011, 8:13:37 AM6/15/11
to Android-x86
Hello there,

I've been through the same trouble in getting Gapps on my Ideapad S10e
running Gingerbread.
I eventually got all of them running and even got the market to show
all apps (protected, free, and paid)
Just as a note I'm running gingerbread and I have to run faketsd at
the console before accessing the market.

So what version of android are you running? I would gladly help, but
first I need to know if it's okay by the moderators to post a how to
about Gapps. Could be against the rules, by the end of the day there
are a lot of license issues involved.

So moderators, is it okay to post a step by step guide for installing
gapps on android-x86?

Chih-Wei Huang

Jun 15, 2011, 9:39:38 PM6/15/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
2011/6/15 Shady <rashee...@gmail.com>:

> So moderators, is it okay to post a step by step guide for installing
> gapps on android-x86?

Sure. Actually
there are already a lot of discussions in this forum.

Yes, for a device without touchscreen,
you need the faketsd to make gapps work.
(that's why I added it)

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

Shady

Jun 16, 2011, 12:34:20 AM6/16/11
to Android-x86
I compiled the steps below from many posts I came across, mostly about
getting the Market to show all apps. Credit is not mine. I read many
posts and I don't remember where I got which bit of info.

Installing Gapps on androidx-86 is just like installing them on any
other device with a AOSP rom.
The steps below I tried on Gingerbread Build of Android-x86

Note that the Market App and the Gmail App require a touch screen. If
you don't have a touch screen, you have to run faketsd at the console
before launching those apps (or any other app that requires a
touchscreen for that matter) (THANKS Chih-Wei)

The gingerbread version of the Gapps, the ones that worked for me can
be downloaded from here:
http://download829.mediafire.com/fcz2k768g5dg/rf9d93k90x83x6n/gapps-gb-full-20110527-signed.zip

If you already have Android x86 installed and running, I suggest you
make a backup of the system folder, just in case things don't go
smoothly, you can simply revert back with out re-installing
everything. You do need to have the system folder as read-write. Read-
only will not do, since all the work has to be done there.

Download the gapps from the link above, extract to your desktop (you
should see system folder on your desktop with sub folders such as app,
lib, ...)

on your android-x86 go to the console (Alt+F1)
type netcfg to get your ip address

on your other PC, use adb to connect to your android-x86 and push the
folder you extracted by typing the following
adb connect <ip-address>
adb push ~/Desktop/system /system

if you are using windows, replace the first path with the correct path
to your files

once you restart you will have all Gapps installed, setupwizard will
launch on boot (if the screen is flickering, and giving you errors or
even an option to choose between setupwizard and default activity, you
have to go to the console and launch faketsd by following these steps:
ALT+F1 to go to the console
type: faketsd &
ALT+F7 to go back to Android

Go through the setup, when you reach the option to sign in to google,
click skip, since it will ask you to slide the keyboard out. Once your
on the home screen, go to settings and configure your google account
as you would on any other device.

THIS IS HALF THE BATTLE ... Android Market doesn't show all apps

To get the android market to show you all the apps (at least the same
as you see on your phone) follow the steps below
What you need?
Replace the /system/build.prop with the one from a Gingerbread phone
such as N1 or Nexus S
Replace the /system/etc/permissions/*.xml files with those from the
same phone you used above

Some people had success by only changing the fingerprint line of the
build.prop file, I didn't have this luck. I replaced the entire
build.prop file and the xml files in the permissions folder.

Good Luck

Note: this is my first how to (I know it's messy, but it works)

On Jun 16, 5:39 am, Chih-Wei Huang <cwhu...@android-x86.org> wrote:

Chih-Wei Huang

Jun 16, 2011, 1:22:18 AM6/16/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
2011/6/16 Shady <rashee...@gmail.com>:

> Note that the Market App and the Gmail App require a touch screen. If
> you don't have a touch screen, you have to run faketsd at the console
> before launching those apps (or any other app that requires a
> touchscreen for that matter) (THANKS Chih-Wei)

Say thanks to 0xlab who developed the faketsd.

> ALT+F1 to go to the console
> type: faketsd &
> ALT+F7 to go back to Android

Better: start faketsd

My plan is to run faketsd automatically if we detect
the device doesn't have a touchscreen.
But I'm too busy to find a reliable way to do that.

Shady

Jun 16, 2011, 3:28:14 AM6/16/11
to Android-x86
Thanks to 0xlab, credit goes were credit is due.

If i want to run faketsd at startup automatically, which script should
I edit (init.rc is readonly)
This might be a silly linux question...

On Jun 16, 9:22 am, Chih-Wei Huang <cwhu...@android-x86.org> wrote:
> 2011/6/16 Shady <rasheedsh...@gmail.com>:
>
> > Note that theMarketApp and the Gmail App require a touch screen. If

fuzzy7k

Jun 16, 2011, 8:19:58 AM6/16/11
to Android-x86
To edit init.rc you'll need to get to it before making the image, or,
if you know what you're doing uncompress the ramdisk image and remake
it with the updated file.