Problem 3G + ExoPc

Jonas Grönwald

Apr 14, 2012, 8:02:05 AM4/14/12
to Android-x86
Hello,

I've just installed Android in my WeTab (ExoPC). Everything works fine
but not my UMTS Modem. It seems that I've a network connection but I
only can send SMS. I'm Not able to recieve messages and I'm not able
to get an internet connection. APN is set and flightmode of.

Ideas?

Stefan

Apr 15, 2012, 5:19:12 AM4/15/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

which Android image did you installed? The official Tegav2 image from
Android-X86 project, or the specially modified for WeTab made by Corvus
and rvbd?

By the way, do you know the Android section in the WeTab-community.com
forum?

- http://www.wetab-community.com/index.php?/forum/379-android-auf-dem-wetab/

I run the Corvus image on my 3G WeTab, but I haven't tested 3G yet.

Stefan

Jonas Grönwald

Apr 15, 2012, 7:05:45 AM4/15/12
to Android-x86
It's the Corvus Edition. I havent got an answer there so I hope to
find it here.

On 15 Apr., 05:19, Stefan <matthaeus.ste...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Am 14.04.2012 14:02, schrieb Jonas Gr nwald:
>
> > Hello,
>
> > I've just installed Android in my WeTab (ExoPC). Everything works fine
> > but not my UMTS Modem. It seems that I've a network connection but I
> > only can send SMS. I'm Not able to recieve messages and I'm not able
> > to get an internet connection. APN is set and flightmode of.
>
> > Ideas?
>
> Hello,
>
> which Android image did you installed? The official Tegav2 image from
> Android-X86 project, or the specially modified for WeTab made by Corvus
> and rvbd?
>
> By the way, do you know the Android section in the WeTab-community.com
> forum?
>
> -http://www.wetab-community.com/index.php?/forum/379-android-auf-dem-w...

Jonas Grönwald

Apr 15, 2012, 7:08:10 AM4/15/12
to Android-x86
It's the Corvus Edition but I havent got an answer in WeTab Community.
Hope to find it here in a bigger Community.

On 15 Apr., 11:19, Stefan <matthaeus.ste...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Am 14.04.2012 14:02, schrieb Jonas Gr nwald:
>
> > Hello,
>
> > I've just installed Android in my WeTab (ExoPC). Everything works fine
> > but not my UMTS Modem. It seems that I've a network connection but I
> > only can send SMS. I'm Not able to recieve messages and I'm not able
> > to get an internet connection. APN is set and flightmode of.
>
> > Ideas?
>
> Hello,
>
> which Android image did you installed? The official Tegav2 image from
> Android-X86 project, or the specially modified for WeTab made by Corvus
> and rvbd?
>
> By the way, do you know the Android section in the WeTab-community.com
> forum?
>
> -http://www.wetab-community.com/index.php?/forum/379-android-auf-dem-w...

Jonas Grönwald

Apr 15, 2012, 7:48:53 AM4/15/12
to Android-x86
Hello,
I've asked in WeTab Forum without getting an answer. I hope that this
big community can help me.It's the Corvus Edition.

On 15 Apr., 11:19, Stefan <matthaeus.ste...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Am 14.04.2012 14:02, schrieb Jonas Gr nwald:
>
> > Hello,
>
> > I've just installed Android in my WeTab (ExoPC). Everything works fine
> > but not my UMTS Modem. It seems that I've a network connection but I
> > only can send SMS. I'm Not able to recieve messages and I'm not able
> > to get an internet connection. APN is set and flightmode of.
>
> > Ideas?
>
> Hello,
>
> which Android image did you installed? The official Tegav2 image from
> Android-X86 project, or the specially modified for WeTab made by Corvus
> and rvbd?
>
> By the way, do you know the Android section in the WeTab-community.com
> forum?
>
> -http://www.wetab-community.com/index.php?/forum/379-android-auf-dem-w...

Jonas Grönwald

Apr 15, 2012, 7:42:52 AM4/15/12
to Android-x86
Hello,
I've asked in WeTab Forum without getting an answer. I hope that this
big community can help me.It's the Corvus Edition.

On 15 Apr., 11:19, Stefan <matthaeus.ste...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Am 14.04.2012 14:02, schrieb Jonas Gr nwald:
>
> > Hello,
>
> > I've just installed Android in my WeTab (ExoPC). Everything works fine
> > but not my UMTS Modem. It seems that I've a network connection but I
> > only can send SMS. I'm Not able to recieve messages and I'm not able
> > to get an internet connection. APN is set and flightmode of.
>
> > Ideas?
>
> Hello,
>
> which Android image did you installed? The official Tegav2 image from
> Android-X86 project, or the specially modified for WeTab made by Corvus
> and rvbd?
>
> By the way, do you know the Android section in the WeTab-community.com
> forum?
>
> -http://www.wetab-community.com/index.php?/forum/379-android-auf-dem-w...

Stefan

Apr 16, 2012, 1:28:33 PM4/16/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

do you mean this discussion?

http://www.wetab-community.com/index.php?/topic/18837-android-ics-403-wetab-final-deutsch-11042012/page__st__40

It says, 3G is not working yet, but SMS and phone works... I have a
WeTab 3G, too, but I never tested 3G yet as I currently haven't a SIM
card for it as I know that 3G does still not run quite well (or even
not). For me that currently is a kind of chicken - egg - problem.

But I think we should generalize this question, that means, not asking
if 3G is possible on WeTab/ExoPC, but if anybody here in the round
already managed to use 3G (with Huawai modem) on any Android X86 ICS
build on any device. Maybe this is not a specific problem of the Corvus
mod, but a general ICS problem which could not be solved by Corvus, but
by the whole team?

Stefan

Stefan

Apr 16, 2012, 2:03:07 PM4/16/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

additional question about your installation of the Corvus image:

Did you installed the latest version (FINAL VERSION (4-11-2012)) which
contains again a little 3G fix?

You can download it here:

http://minus.com/mbm9QUBtH1/3

- full ISO
- ZIP file containing the fixes for existing installation, the files
inside must be copied here /system/etc/ppp:

See also:
http://corvusmod.wordpress.com/2012/01/24/android-ics-4-0-3-for-wetab-english/

Stefan

Chih-Wei Huang

Apr 18, 2012, 7:44:43 AM4/18/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
2012/4/17 Stefan <matthaeu...@googlemail.com>:

> Hello,
> do you mean this discussion?
>
> http://www.wetab-community.com/index.php?/topic/18837-android-ics-403-wetab-final-deutsch-11042012/page__st__40
>
> It says, 3G is not working yet, but SMS and phone works... I have a WeTab
> 3G, too, but I never tested 3G yet as I currently haven't a SIM card for it
> as I know that 3G does still not run quite well (or even not). For me that
> currently is a kind of chicken - egg - problem.
>
> But I think we should generalize this question, that means, not asking if 3G
> is possible on WeTab/ExoPC, but if anybody here in the round already managed
> to use 3G (with Huawai modem) on any Android X86 ICS build on any device.
> Maybe this is not a specific problem of the Corvus mod, but a general ICS
> problem which could not be solved by Corvus, but by the whole team?

Hi,
I have tested the libril of Corvus edition.
Yes, SMS works but data connection doesn't.
(I didn't test phone)
I think I know the problem and it's not difficult
to be solved -- if I have time.

Let me see if I can work out something in the weekend.

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

Corvus

Apr 20, 2012, 4:35:19 AM4/20/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Please, if you know the fix, and i can help in any way, contact me...

Right now i dont have many time to spend debuging this fail, with your help maybe i can fix this.

Corvus.

Stefan

Apr 22, 2012, 5:01:30 AM4/22/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hello Corvus,

when you fix the 3G issue, can you please also fix these:

1. audio output connector not working
2. microphone not working
3. superuser (su) not working (no permission to start su)
4. CPU always at 50% when no SIM inserted
5. add support for HD video in Youtube etc. ALso other apps do not support any video
6. add support for the Chronotel HDMI out
7. update to Android 4.0.4
8. with less priority, if possible, add as much as possible of the available wlan chipset drivers and touchscreen devices, this would enable much more other type tablet pc owners to be happy...

And please add:

- Sensor button function, open a control panel with audio settings, maybe additionally also with wifi/3G/bluetooth/flightmode enable/disable buttons

Corvus

Apr 23, 2012, 5:16:09 AM4/23/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com, matthaeu...@googlemail.com
with my knowledge:

El domingo, 22 de abril de 2012 11:01:30 UTC+2, stefan escribió:
Hello Corvus,

when you fix the 3G issue, can you please also fix these:

1. audio output connector not working

This can be fixable, if i have time i will take a look on it, but if someone wants to help, install linux, and get all info from alsa... then compate it with the alsa info in android... any difference is the fix.

2. microphone not working

Same as above.

3. superuser (su) not working (no permission to start su)

Where? Su is working OK for me everytime... maybe you dont delete your data from other versions?

4. CPU always at 50% when no SIM inserted

Really??? i will take a look... but same question that 3... some problems can be caused by not wipe all data from earlier versions

5. add support for HD video in Youtube etc. ALso other apps do not support any video

Not in my hands... it's a problem with Intel libs... ChiWei can have more info about it.

6. add support for the Chronotel HDMI out

I can try to compile the module needed, but someone is needed to write an app that change from one screen to another...

7. update to Android 4.0.4

No new great features in 4.0.4, so no new full compile... 4.0.5 is almost out there and maybe no now compile too... if someone wants to discuss it, contact with me...

8. with less priority, if possible, add as much as possible of the available wlan chipset drivers and touchscreen devices, this would enable much more other type tablet pc owners to be happy...

I can add some commond wifi modules, but not sure all will work, and not the time to debug all of them... i add Intel and seems to work, but i need a list of common chipsets used in this device so i can add them. About touch screen... this is more problematic... if it dont work now (that it should) posibly it will not work, or need a modded or updated module in which i cant spend my time.

And please add:

- Sensor button function, open a control panel with audio settings, maybe additionally also with wifi/3G/bluetooth/flightmode enable/disable buttons

Sorry, but this is out that android let me do... only i can emulate is a button press of a hardware button (power, menu, volume, etc...)

Resume:

Like i post in my blog (http://corvusmod.wordpress.com) for me, until developers support x86 and we can get better Intel drivers this rom is stalled... no more work will be done on it by now (i have other projects in mind). The only things that can me change my mind is that there is a big change in android x86, that some developers like Adobe support flash (by example), that people really work with me in this rom (like rvdb or you did) and are really interested (not only in get a rom, they need to help a little). I get some mail from people that wants to help, so maybe this will change, but by now this is the status.

Thanks to all supporting people...

G Born

Apr 25, 2012, 10:16:05 AM4/25/12
to Android-x86, kgb...@googlemail.com
Concerning this issue raised by Matthäus Stefan:

>Hello Corvus,
>when you fix the 3G issue, can you please also fix these:
>1. audio output connector not working
>2. microphone not working

a few additional informations and observations:

a) I can confirm, that the audio jack for headset won't play audio on
WeTab/ExoPC (although some users told me, it will work, I found many
others with the same problem). I have also experimented with AlsaMixer-
App and some Equalizers, to avoid, that the volume for audio jack was
set to zero - but I never got an audio signal to my headset.

b) I have tested also the ASUS Build of android x86 ICS RC1 on WeTab
and on a MSI Wind U 100 netbook (as a complimentary device). Whilst
this build supports my headset on my MSI Wind U100, I failed to get
audio output on my WeTab. To confirm, that it's not a broken hardware,
I've also testet the WeTab and a headset under Windows 8 and WeTab OS
(MeeGo) - both os supports audio output on headset jack.

c) I have added a comment in Corvus blog, reporting this issue (see
http://corvusmod.wordpress.com/2012/01/24/android-ics-4-0-3-for-wetab-english/).
Corvus answered "a) Audio out in jack is broken, but it might work…
we use the default libaudio and maybe it need some tweaks…"

So, I guess, there is a principal flaw in libaudio - also affecting
generic builds of android x86 ICS. Maybe something is special with
audio hardware on WeTab/ExoPC (and probably we have several hardware
revisions, which would explains, why some people reports a working
audio jack).

Unfortunately I have no clue, how to analyze oder debug this issue -
if I got some advice, I can to inspect android processes (because I'm
able to connect ddms through WiFi using android debug brigde).

Also I can confirm micro not working.

it doesn't seems, that Corvus can help.

On 22 Apr., 11:01, Stefan <matthaeus.ste...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hello Corvus,
>
> when you fix the 3G issue, can you please also fix these:
>
> 1. audio output connector not working
> 2. microphone not working
> 3. superuser (su) not working (no permission to start su)
> 4. CPU always at 50% when no SIM inserted
> 5. add support for HD video in Youtube etc. ALso other apps do not
> support any video
> 6. add support for the Chronotel HDMI out
> 7. update to Android 4.0.4
> 8. with less priority, if possible, add as much as possible of the
> available wlan chipset drivers and touchscreen devices, this would
> enable much more other type tablet pc owners to be happy...
>
> And please add:
>
> - Sensor button function, open a control panel with audio settings,
> maybe additionally also with wifi/3G/bluetooth/flightmode enable/disable
> buttons
>
> Am 20.04.2012 10:35, schrieb Corvus:
>

> > Please, if you know the fix, and i can help in any way, contact me...
>
> > Right now i dont have many time to spend debuging this fail, with your
> > help maybe i can fix this.
>
> > Corvus.
>
> > El mi�rcoles, 18 de abril de 2012 13:44:43 UTC+2, Chih-Wei Huang
> > escribi�:
>
> >     2012/4/17 Stefan <matthaeus.ste...@googlemail.com
> >     <mailto:matthaeus.ste...@googlemail.com>>:
> >     > Hello,
> >     > do you mean this discussion?
>
> >    http://www.wetab-community.com/index.php?/topic/18837-android-ics-403...
> >     <http://www.wetab-community.com/index.php?/topic/18837-android-ics-403...>

Stefan

Apr 25, 2012, 1:20:38 PM4/25/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

the audio thing also could be related to the hardware initializion of
the WeTab by BIOS. There are at least three BIOS used by the users of WeTab

- old WeTab BIOS
- new WeTab BIOS (which does not need magic bytes to boot from USB stick)
- ExoPC BIOS.

The last one is the interesting one for this message: When flashed the
ExoPC BIOS to WeTab, users reported that audio did not work anymore with
WeTab-OS. This issue was fixed by 4tiiitoo by patching of WeTab - OS
with an automatic update.

My idea is, but it is not confirmed yet, that this also could explain
the different user experiences with Android and the audio connectors.

Stefan

Am 25.04.2012 16:16, schrieb G Born:
> Concerning this issue raised by Matth�us Stefan:
>
>> Hello Corvus,
>> when you fix the 3G issue, can you please also fix these:
>> 1. audio output connector not working
>> 2. microphone not working
> a few additional informations and observations:
>
> a) I can confirm, that the audio jack for headset won't play audio on
> WeTab/ExoPC (although some users told me, it will work, I found many
> others with the same problem). I have also experimented with AlsaMixer-
> App and some Equalizers, to avoid, that the volume for audio jack was
> set to zero - but I never got an audio signal to my headset.
>
> b) I have tested also the ASUS Build of android x86 ICS RC1 on WeTab
> and on a MSI Wind U 100 netbook (as a complimentary device). Whilst
> this build supports my headset on my MSI Wind U100, I failed to get
> audio output on my WeTab. To confirm, that it's not a broken hardware,
> I've also testet the WeTab and a headset under Windows 8 and WeTab OS
> (MeeGo) - both os supports audio output on headset jack.
>
> c) I have added a comment in Corvus blog, reporting this issue (see
> http://corvusmod.wordpress.com/2012/01/24/android-ics-4-0-3-for-wetab-english/).
> Corvus answered "a) Audio out in jack is broken, but it might work�
> we use the default libaudio and maybe it need some tweaks�"

G Born

May 4, 2012, 2:06:03 AM5/4/12
to Android-x86
Guess, my first answer was missing - so here is a modified repost.

First of all, it seems that I have the old WeTab BIOS (I need a magic
byte signed USB Stick to boot).

Second, I found out, that newer hardware don't use a mechanical jack
to switch output to headset - a chip, that's detecting external
devices, is used for this purposes. This leads me to try a few new
searches in Google, and I came across the following sources:

1: https://github.com/rbraken/wetab-ICS-device-tree/tree/master/libaudio
2: https://groups.google.com/group/android-porting/browse_thread/thread/5ac2606399e134d6/792086071a082ddd?hl=ja

Unfortunately I'm not able to go to deep into android rom or even
build my own rom. But maybe it will be helpful to add a working
libaudio to android x86 (because this problem comes also with generic
builds)? I have also posted this info at corvus page (http://
corvusmod.wordpress.com).