Where is GRUB?

Ray

Jul 28, 2010, 6:29:31 AM7/28/10
to Android-x86
So I've been trying to make the kernel command line parameters
DATA=sda1 SDCARD=sda2 permanent but I've been unable to find the
menu.lst file anywhere in the file system. According to previous
posts, it should be lying in the /grub directory. I'm running the
android x86 version 1.6-r2 in a virtualbox machine running 64 bit
ubuntu 10.04. Will someone please tell me where menu.lst or grub is or
better yet how to solve the original problem.

Rystraum Gamonez

Jul 29, 2010, 2:21:29 AM7/29/10
to andro...@googlegroups.com
You won't see the grub folder from within android. (At least, not that I know of.)
If you're running it on a VM, you can have it boot a Live CD, mount the virtual
disk and then edit grub from there.

Rystraum Fabe Gamonez
Registered Linux User #484635
http://rystraum.com

turbo

Jul 30, 2010, 1:19:21 PM7/30/10
to Android-x86
Only if it is Android installed on the Hard Disk
What I've had to do is as follows:

1. Make a directory in /data

su
mkdir /data/fs

2. Mount Partition where Android is located

mount -t *fstype* /dev/block/*hdname* /data/fs

3. CD to /data/fs/grub

cd /data/fs/grub

4. Edit menu.lst

vi menu.lst

**FS TYPE was chosen during installation
**Replace *hdname* with the partition where android is located. mine
is sda1 "/dev/block/sda1"

**Edit Menu.lst: I've had problems running vi on android itself, I use
adb to pull/push menu.lst. Edit on my host machine.

Hope this helps! I needed it because I dualboot 1.6 and 2.1. :)