DEMO ANDROID 3.1 GPL X86 LIVECD

may

Jun 14, 2011, 11:21:06 PM6/14/11
to Android-x86
I have built honeycomb 3.1 GPL successfully . I have tested the it .
honeycombGPL user interface still belong to Android 2.3 .
webbrowser force stop on start
below link is demo liveCD androidx86 select VESA mode to test
it ,press F1 to unlock srceen
http://gingerbread-beagleboard.googlecode.com/files/android3.1.rar

Mark Ayers

Jun 15, 2011, 12:10:39 AM6/15/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
You, my good sir, are awesome.

Rafael Estevez

Jun 15, 2011, 12:21:24 AM6/15/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
is it compatible for asus eeepc1000HE ?

rafael
--
-----------
Best regards,

proces

Jun 15, 2011, 2:05:52 AM6/15/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
no display on viewpad10 :-(

alx5962

Jun 15, 2011, 7:35:53 AM6/15/11
to Android-x86
Great work ! That's quite impressive.
Have you implemented the mouse patch ? As I cannot see the mouse
pointer on the screen ?
Anyway, keep up the good work :)

Alex

may may

Jun 15, 2011, 7:51:35 AM6/15/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Thank you
No ,  It is  the  Google 's original source code

George Endrulat

Jun 15, 2011, 9:21:03 AM6/15/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
It might be an issue with DPI for the launcher.  With the XOOM if the DPI is switched, it defaults back to the 2.3 launcher interface.

Ollie

Jun 15, 2011, 11:20:57 AM6/15/11
to Android-x86
Shame, would love to see this running on the Viewpad 10. Anyone have
any ideas on how to get it up and running on the Viewpad 10?

On Jun 15, 7:05 am, proces <1proc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> no display on viewpad10 :-(

Arobase40

Jun 15, 2011, 3:27:32 PM6/15/11
to Android-x86
Displays on Acer 1825ptz, but in portrait mode only. Doesn't recognize
SD Card, so Webcam won't work. Wifi and BT don't work as well, but
this was predictable I guess.

But lsmod does show anything and the more command does not exist so
unable to use dmesg.

Good try anyway. ;-)

george

Jun 15, 2011, 9:17:19 AM6/15/11
to Android-x86
Is it a dpi issue with the native 3.1 launcher? I have heard that if
it is the wrong dpi on the XOOM it defaults back to the 2.3 launcher.

Ollie

Jun 15, 2011, 5:42:41 PM6/15/11
to Android-x86

Chih-Wei Huang

Jun 15, 2011, 10:11:28 PM6/15/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
2011/6/16 Ollie <ojre...@gmail.com>:

That is completely nonsense .

It's well-known that
honeycomb falls back to traditional phone UI
if your device is not capable to show honeycomb UI.

Each android release is based on the previous release.
That's totally doesn't mean honeycomb is just
a shell on gingerbread.

Everyone doubts about the facts should read
http://developer.android.com/sdk/android-3.1.html

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

Ollie

Jun 16, 2011, 7:40:41 AM6/16/11
to Android-x86
Ah well thanks for clearing that up.

On Jun 16, 3:11 am, Chih-Wei Huang <cwhu...@android-x86.org> wrote:
> 2011/6/16 Ollie <ojrear...@gmail.com>:
>
> > Yeah the dpi has to be lower than 160 apparently:
> >http://www.androidtabletblog.com/honeycomb-is-actually-a-shell-based-...

Thitipong Sornjan

Jul 25, 2011, 10:20:27 PM7/25/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
performance of android 3.1GPL  compiling on ASUS 42j series CORE i7  Laptop run with Vitrualbox virtualization

Core I7 arm 4GB  window 7 Main OS

set RAM  maximum memory 1.8 GB on Virtualbox ubuntu 10.10 Guest  OS

performance.png

Thitipong Sornjan

Aug 2, 2011, 10:49:51 PM8/2/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hello  Chih- Wei Huang
I  integrate  the newinstaller  into Android 3.1GPL  . it  can boot l but  I  can't  install  android3.1GPL  because Installer  can't  format and mount /dev/sda1
could you help me?

My android experiment livecd (patch, mouse , ethernet ,livewallpaper ) download

Chih-Wei Huang

Aug 3, 2011, 5:12:39 AM8/3/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I don't check 3.1 GPL code.
But I think it's due to e2fsprogs is not installed
by default. You may need this patch:

http://git.android-x86.org/?p=platform/build.git;a=commitdiff;h=1ff3865362566bbb6cb9d201c4d406483c1b861c

Thitipong Sornjan

Aug 3, 2011, 8:34:14 AM8/3/11