ics-x86 make error - make generic_x86

Tom

Dec 8, 2011, 4:26:05 PM12/8/11
to Android-x86
during the make process for generic_x86 i get the following error on a
ubuntu 11 64bit box.

host C++: llvm-rs-cc <= frameworks/compile/slang/llvm-rs-cc.cpp
<Kommandozeile>:0:0: Fehler: »_FORTIFY_SOURCE« redefiniert [-Werror]
<eingebaut>:0:0: Anmerkung: dies ist die Stelle der vorherigen
Definition
cc1plus: Alle Warnungen werden als Fehler behandelt

make: *** [out/host/linux-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/llvm-rs-cc_intermediates/
llvm-rs-cc.o] Fehler 1

Robert Sharp

Dec 8, 2011, 9:27:54 PM12/8/11
to Android-x86
You are likely to encounter other compile errors in 11.x, that you
would not encounter compiling in 10.04. For this particular hurdle you
could try the following.

Change the following line in frameworks/compile/slang/Android.mk to
omit -Werror, i.e.:

(Before)

local_cflags_for_slang := -Wno-sign-promo -Wall -Wno-unused-parameter -
Werror

(After)

local_cflags_for_slang := -Wno-sign-promo -Wall -Wno-unused-parameter

Message has been deleted

Ron M

Dec 9, 2011, 5:58:13 AM12/9/11
to Android-x86
Yeah, it is an ubuntu-11.10, or more precisely GCC4.6 issue.
I am also seeing it - but I cannot downgrade, unfortunately.

This also happens for the 4.01_r1 branch - but has been fixed on the
MASTER branch of AOSP.

Can anyone please give some information on how the current x86-branch
(I synced yesterday) was created? i.e. from which specific AOSP
version / tag/ branch, etc.?

I am asking so that I can "diff" it, and maybe contribute a fixing
patch.

Thanks,
Ron.

P.S.:
The error I receive, in English (nice to see a german compiler.) is :

Host TableGen: vdc (gen-clang-stmt-nodes) <= external/clang/include/
clang/Basic/StmtNodes.td
Building Clang Driver Option tables with tblgen
Host TableGen: vdc (gen-opt-parser-defs) <= external/clang/include/
clang/Driver/Options.td

host C++: llvm-rs-cc <= frameworks/compile/slang/llvm-rs-cc.cpp

<command-line>:0:0: error: "_FORTIFY_SOURCE" redefined [-Werror]
<built-in>:0:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
cc1plus: all warnings being treated as errors

make: *** [out/host/linux-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/llvm-rs-cc_intermediates/
llvm-rs-cc.o] Error 1

On Dec 9, 5:06 am, tabletsx86 <rbg.tablets...@gmail.com> wrote:
> agree with Robert as I have compiled on Ubuntu 10.04 WITHOUT errors...

> PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=REL
> PLATFORM_VERSION=4.0.1
> TARGET_PRODUCT=generic_x86
> TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=eng
> TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release
> TARGET_BUILD_APPS=
> TARGET_ARCH=x86
> TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT=x86
> HOST_ARCH=x86
> HOST_OS=linux
> HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
> BUILD_ID=ITL41D

Message has been deleted

Ron M

Dec 9, 2011, 1:44:58 PM12/9/11
to Android-x86
Yes, I get it.
But I did not understand where ICS-x86 spawned from.
I am new to Android-x86 and would like to contribute to the open-
source project.

What I was saying, is that Ubuntu 10.04 is the LTS.
Ubuntu 11.10 is not supported for the official release associated with
the Galaxy Nexus official branch, as per google's ICS code release.
*HOWEVER* - Ubuntu 11.10 IS supported on the master branch.
I would expect either something similar on the android-x86 - and
volunteer to make the contribution myself - I just need a point
to start from.

Just to be clear - Yes. I should have used Ubuntu LTS I guess. But my
team and I were tragically automagically upgraded, and we're
way too busy to fall back (Sounds like a lame excuse, but that's the
real world...)

Thanks,
Ron.

On Dec 9, 8:39 pm, tabletsx86 <rbg.tablets...@gmail.com> wrote:
> when ICS-x86 released mine was setup as follows(Ubuntu 10.04 64bit)
>
> updated my repo as follows...
>
> $ curlhttps://dl-ssl.google.com/dl/googlesource/git-repo/repo> ~/bin/
> repo
> $ chmod a+x ~/bin/repo
>
> on 12-2 changed repo to repo-1.14 in home/.. & home/.../x86ICS
>
> cd to home/.../x86ICS
>
> repo init -u git://git.android-x86.org/manifest.git -b ics-x86
>
> repo sync
>
> make -j4 iso_img TARGET_PRODUCT=tegav2 (or generic_x86)

Message has been deleted

Robert Sharp

Dec 9, 2011, 2:10:10 PM12/9/11
to Android-x86
I managed to create a successful build on Oneric 11.11, via the
removal of that "-Werror" argument in frameworks/compile/slang/
Android.mk

However there were a couple of "minor" things I changed first which
may or may not have had any effect.

As best as I can tell from comments in the source code, there were
some past tweaks in the source code, for major Ubuntu releases that
apparently broke and/or threw compilation errors in the past, anyway
at least some of these past problems may actually not be applicable
now in 11.x, or I should say, what you have implemented is now the
default behavior, rendering some of those tweaks to be unneccesary and
very noisy on the console as it builds now.

I suppose I will run through it again from the top (including actually
documenting whats necessary to set up the build environment) and
verify whether the other changes mattered or not - however that's kind
of a secondary concern to actually playing around with the Android
source and working on driver functionality for my device now.

-R

On Dec 8, 9:06 pm, tabletsx86 <rbg.tablets...@gmail.com> wrote:
> agree with Robert as I have compiled on Ubuntu 10.04 WITHOUT errors...

> PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=REL
> PLATFORM_VERSION=4.0.1
> TARGET_PRODUCT=generic_x86
> TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=eng
> TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release
> TARGET_BUILD_APPS=
> TARGET_ARCH=x86
> TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT=x86
> HOST_ARCH=x86
> HOST_OS=linux
> HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
> BUILD_ID=ITL41D

Ron M

Dec 9, 2011, 4:49:14 PM12/9/11
to Android-x86

Robert, thanks for your reply.
tabletx86- what I would like to know is which aosp codebase is the source for the androidx86 project itself.
that is, compare that version to the aosp master's one, at least in term of makefiles, and apply these changes.

my goal by the way is setting up android x86 on a dell workstation, and I intend to implement external monitor support, assuming it is still on the project todo list

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Tom

Dec 10, 2011, 3:41:46 PM12/10/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
## 2. Error

<Kommandozeile>:0:0: Fehler: »_FORTIFY_SOURCE« redefiniert [-Werror]
<eingebaut>:0:0: Anmerkung: dies ist die Stelle der vorherigen Definition
cc1plus: Alle Warnungen werden als Fehler behandelt

make: *** [out/host/linux-x86/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libbccExecutionEngine_intermediates/Compiler.o] Fehler 1

-------
I changed the following file: frameworks/compile/libbcc/libbcc-config.mk
- libbcc_CFLAGS := -Wall -Wno-unused-parameter -Werror
+ libbcc_CFLAGS := -Wall -Wno-unused-parameter

## 3. Error
host C++: libbcinfo <= frameworks/compile/libbcc/bcinfo/BitcodeTranslator.cpp

<Kommandozeile>:0:0: Fehler: »_FORTIFY_SOURCE« redefiniert [-Werror]
<eingebaut>:0:0: Anmerkung: dies ist die Stelle der vorherigen Definition
cc1plus: Alle Warnungen werden als Fehler behandelt

make: *** [out/host/linux-x86/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libbcinfo_intermediates/BitcodeTranslator.o] Fehler 1
--------
I changed the following file: frameworks/compile/libbcc/bcinfo/Android.mk
- local_cflags_for_libbcinfo := -Wall -Wno-unused-parameter -Werror
+ local_cflags_for_libbcinfo := -Wall -Wno-unused-parameter

Tom

Dec 10, 2011, 5:11:07 PM12/10/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
## 4.Error
host C++: obbtool <= frameworks/base/tools/obbtool/Main.cpp

<Kommandozeile>:0:0: Fehler: »_FORTIFY_SOURCE« redefiniert [-Werror]
<eingebaut>:0:0: Anmerkung: dies ist die Stelle der vorherigen Definition
cc1plus: Alle Warnungen werden als Fehler behandelt

make: *** [out/host/linux-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/obbtool_intermediates/Main.o] Fehler 1

--------
I changed the following file:frameworks/base/tools/obbtool/Android.mk
2 times in line 16 and 37
- LOCAL_CFLAGS := -Wall -Werror
+ LOCAL_CFLAGS := -Wall

Yi Sun

Dec 10, 2011, 5:45:35 PM12/10/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
My 2cents ...
I think blindly taking out of -Werror is not a good way to go. We should
either fix the code or disable the individual warning.
Yi

> --
> Groups "Android-x86" group.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/android-x86/-/EgbxP3DeZ5gJ.

Ron M

Dec 11, 2011, 3:17:03 AM12/11/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com

I agree. does anyone know what Google does in aosp master branch?

Chih-Wei Huang

Dec 11, 2011, 11:29:10 AM12/11/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I have no time to check.
But it's easy to be found from the git log.

Scott McKenzie

Dec 11, 2011, 9:27:53 AM12/11/11
to Android-x86
Try this patch:
https://github.com/cgjones/android-build/pull/1/files

I know it's for gingerbread but it works for ics as well. You can
then turn -Werror back on.

Ron M

Dec 12, 2011, 7:46:18 AM12/12/11
to Android-x86
Chi-Wei - can you please explain where did you spread off AOSP for the
ICS project?
Message has been deleted

Ron M

Dec 12, 2011, 9:09:56 AM12/12/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Well, I suppose my question would be how an AOSP project is used to create an android-x86 project.
Some  repo branch/git tags must be used as a start point I suppose, and the android-x86.org says "dont' use master - it evolves too fast".

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 3:50 PM, tabletsx86 <rbg.tab...@gmail.com> wrote:
isn't it documented here??? Google AOSP being the master...

http://www.android-x86.org/getsourcecode

The branches in Android-x86 tree

Since AOSP evolves very quickly, we have created different branches
corresponding to different releases of AOSP:

   android-x86-v0.9 (obsolete)
   Based on Android 1.5 release (Cupcake).
   donut-x86
   Based on Android 1.6 release (Donut).
   eclair-x86
   Based on Android 2.1 release (Eclair).
   froyo-x86
   Based on Android 2.2 release (Froyo).
   gingerbread-x86
   Based on Android 2.3 release (Gingerbread).
   honeycomb-x86
   Based on Android 3.2 release (Honeycomb).
   ics-x86
   Based on Android 4.0 release (Ice Cream Sandwich).
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Chih-Wei Huang

Dec 12, 2011, 12:06:25 PM12/12/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
2011-12-12 下午10:10 於 "Ron M" <ron...@gmail.com> 寫道:
> Well, I suppose my question would be how an AOSP project is used to create an android-x86 project.
> Some repo branch/git tags must be used as a start point I suppose, and the android-x86.org says "dont' use master - it evolves too fast".

I suppose you asked the ics-x86 branch.
If you read the git log or manifest.xml, you should
find the answer easily: android-4.0.1_r1.