donut-x86 build fails

hedwin

Dec 1, 2009, 6:21:12 AM12/1/09
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Downloaded the donut-x86 branch as described on the android-x86 wbsite.
Only the build fails on a apicheck of some java interfaces.

Question: is this a stable branch or a development branch? if the last what is
the stable branch? or did I forgot something?

I did build an android before but that was for a mips platform.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hedwin Koning

Yi Sun

Dec 1, 2009, 12:31:26 PM12/1/09
to andro...@googlegroups.com
donut-x86 is the stable branch. Are you using java6? COuld you send us
the build error?
I built it yesterday. and it is ok for me
> --

Android-x86
www.android-x86.org

hedwin

Dec 1, 2009, 12:46:15 PM12/1/09
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am using java1.5 so that is most likely the issue. Wasn't sure if 1.6 was already needed for donut. Seen it being mentioned for eclair.
Will switch to 1.6 and try again.

Thnx for your response

Hedwin

Yi Sun

Dec 1, 2009, 12:59:21 PM12/1/09
to andro...@googlegroups.com
no, you should use the java 1.5 not java 1.6

Matt Richards

Dec 1, 2009, 1:47:03 PM12/1/09
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I'm also experincing build errors with stable branch.
http://pastie.org/721377
I have gotten all of the deps from the Android build directions.
The only exception is I'm using Sun Java 6, as Karmic no longer
supports Sun Java 5 JDK.

--Matt

Yi Sun

Dec 1, 2009, 1:59:56 PM12/1/09
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I'm building my code on 9.10 every day, I did not see any issue yet. I'm
doing a fresh check out to verify the build . I will post the result
Yi
Android-x86
www.android-x86.org

hedwin

Dec 1, 2009, 2:29:18 PM12/1/09
to andro...@googlegroups.com
ok in that case, attached the log file.

Hedwin

manifest.xml
error.log

Yi Sun

Dec 1, 2009, 7:01:43 PM12/1/09
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I will fix the current.xml to add the ethernet API. But I will need to
find out why it does not happen on me. Since my build is still going on,
I will send e-mail back when it complete.
Yi

Matt Richards

Dec 1, 2009, 2:34:46 PM12/1/09
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I should add that I'm using the sf.net mirror, as the android-x86 one
times out here in the USA.
--Matt

Yi Sun

Dec 1, 2009, 8:48:13 PM12/1/09
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Guys,
I have verified the build twice on different machines and they are built
fine so please check your build env against the one suggested by google.

Yi
Android-x86
www.android-x86.org

hedwin

Dec 2, 2009, 3:07:25 AM12/2/09
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi Yi,

I followed the instructions on the android-x86 website on how to get the source and build it.
Could you tell me the steps you are using to get the source and to build it.

Hedwin

Yi Sun

Dec 2, 2009, 3:10:54 AM12/2/09
to andro...@googlegroups.com
The same. Here is what I'm going to do for you, I will make a
current.xml that has all these interface and give it to you so that you
can try to see if your problem get solved. But since it is too late
already, I can only do it tomorrow.
Yi

Yi Sun

Dec 2, 2009, 2:44:09 PM12/2/09
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hedwin,
Try attached patch and let me know the result. I have tested it on my
build and it is ok.
Yi
--
Android-x86
http://www.android-x86.org

hedwin

Dec 2, 2009, 8:49:35 PM12/2/09
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

One observation, I have more than one android tree on my system after "hidding" these I could build the android-x86 tree almost. It stopped with some OpenCore undefined references.
Difficulty here is, I can not reproduce this effect.

Using updat-api also seems to help but would expect that this should not be needed.

Will try ur xml file tomorrow.

Hedwin

Yi Sun

Dec 2, 2009, 9:02:29 PM12/2/09
to andro...@googlegroups.com
You can get the opencore patch from android-x86.org download site
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to android-x86

hedwin

Dec 4, 2009, 3:14:48 PM12/4/09
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Ok, Opencore problem is history but the build bails out with not knowing how to build libasound.

target StaticLib: libaudiointerface (out/target/product/eeepc/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libaudiointerface_intermediates/libaudiointerface.a)
make: *** No rule to make target `out/target/product/eeepc/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libasound_intermediates/libasound.a', needed by `out/target/product/eeepc/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libaudio_intermediates/LINKED/libaudio.so'.  Stop.

If also tried to select generic sound but the same error happens.

Question, do you know if someone uses fedora 11+ to build android-x86?
Was wondering if this could be part of my missery in building andriod-x86  ;-(

Hedwin Koning

Yi Sun

Dec 4, 2009, 3:21:37 PM12/4/09
to andro...@googlegroups.com
check your external/alsa_lib directory to see if it is there. And try
make TARGET_PRODUCT=eeepc libasound to see if it builds
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to android-x86

hedwin

Dec 4, 2009, 3:29:07 PM12/4/09
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Suggested make produces libasound.so, log is below

[hedwin@localhost donut]$ make TARGET_PRODUCT=eeepc libasound
PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=REL
PLATFORM_VERSION=1.6
TARGET_PRODUCT=eeepc
TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=eng
TARGET_SIMULATOR=
TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release
TARGET_ARCH=x86
HOST_ARCH=x86
HOST_OS=linux
HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
BUILD_ID=Donut
build/core/copy_headers.mk:15: warning: overriding commands for target `out/target/product/eeepc/obj/include/libpv/getactualaacconfig.h'
build/core/copy_headers.mk:15: warning: ignoring old commands for target `out/target/product/eeepc/obj/include/libpv/getactualaacconfig.h'
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/alisp/alisp.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/async.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/compat/empty.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/conf.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/confmisc.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/control/cards.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/control/control.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/control/control_ext.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/control/control_hw.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/control/control_symbols.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/control/hcontrol.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/control/namehint.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/control/setup.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/control/tlv.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/dlmisc.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/error.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/hwdep/hwdep.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/hwdep/hwdep_hw.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/hwdep/hwdep_symbols.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/input.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/mixer/bag.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/mixer/mixer.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/mixer/simple.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/mixer/simple_abst.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/mixer/simple_none.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/names.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/output.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/pcm/atomic.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/pcm/interval.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/pcm/mask.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/pcm/pcm.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/pcm/pcm_adpcm.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/pcm/pcm_alaw.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/pcm/pcm_asym.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/pcm/pcm_copy.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/pcm/pcm_empty.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/pcm/pcm_extplug.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/pcm/pcm_file.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/pcm/pcm_generic.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/pcm/pcm_hooks.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/pcm/pcm_hw.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/pcm/pcm_iec958.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/pcm/pcm_ioplug.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/pcm/pcm_lfloat.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/pcm/pcm_linear.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/pcm/pcm_meter.c
external/alsa-lib/src/pcm/pcm_meter.c: In function 'snd_pcm_scope_s16_open':
external/alsa-lib/src/pcm/pcm_meter.c:1188: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/pcm/pcm_misc.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/pcm/pcm_mmap.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/pcm/pcm_mmap_emul.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/pcm/pcm_mulaw.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/pcm/pcm_multi.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/pcm/pcm_null.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/pcm/pcm_params.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/pcm/pcm_plug.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/pcm/pcm_plugin.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/pcm/pcm_rate.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/pcm/pcm_rate_linear.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/pcm/pcm_route.c
external/alsa-lib/src/pcm/pcm_route.c: In function 'snd_pcm_route_convert1_many':
external/alsa-lib/src/pcm/pcm_route.c:350: warning: 'src' may be used uninitialized in this function
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/pcm/pcm_share.c
external/alsa-lib/src/pcm/pcm_share.c: In function '_snd_pcm_share_missing':
external/alsa-lib/src/pcm/pcm_share.c:245: warning: empty body in an if-statement
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/pcm/pcm_simple.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/pcm/pcm_softvol.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/pcm/pcm_symbols.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/rawmidi/rawmidi.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/rawmidi/rawmidi_hw.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/rawmidi/rawmidi_symbols.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/rawmidi/rawmidi_virt.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/seq/seq.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/seq/seq_event.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/seq/seq_hw.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/seq/seq_midi_event.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/seq/seq_old.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/seq/seq_symbols.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/seq/seqmid.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/socket.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/timer/timer.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/timer/timer_hw.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/timer/timer_query.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/timer/timer_query_hw.c
external/alsa-lib/src/timer/timer_query_hw.c: In function 'snd_timer_query_hw_open':
external/alsa-lib/src/timer/timer_query_hw.c:122: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/timer/timer_symbols.c
target arm C: libasound <= external/alsa-lib/src/userfile.c
target SharedLib: libasound (out/target/product/eeepc/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libasound_intermediates/LINKED/libasound.so)
target Non-prelinked: libasound (out/target/product/eeepc/symbols/system/lib/libasound.so)
target Unstripped: libasound (out/target/product/eeepc/obj/lib/libasound.so)
Notice file: external/alsa-lib/NOTICE -- out/target/product/eeepc/obj/NOTICE_FILES/src//system/lib/libasound.so.txt
Install: out/target/product/eeepc/system/lib/libasound.so
[hedwin@localhost donut]$ make TARGET_PRODUCT=eeepc
PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=REL
PLATFORM_VERSION=1.6
TARGET_PRODUCT=eeepc
TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=eng
TARGET_SIMULATOR=
TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release
TARGET_ARCH=x86
HOST_ARCH=x86
HOST_OS=linux
HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
BUILD_ID=Donut
build/core/copy_headers.mk:15: warning: overriding commands for target `out/target/product/eeepc/obj/include/libpv/getactualaacconfig.h'
build/core/copy_headers.mk:15: warning: ignoring old commands for target `out/target/product/eeepc/obj/include/libpv/getactualaacconfig.h'
Install: out/target/product/eeepc/system/app/Mms.apk

make: *** No rule to make target `out/target/product/eeepc/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libasound_intermediates/libasound.a', needed by `out/target/product/eeepc/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libaudio_intermediates/LINKED/libaudio.so'.  Stop.
[hedwin@localhost donut]

Yi Sun

Dec 4, 2009, 3:30:13 PM12/4/09
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Ok, I'm seeing the same thing now. Here is what I did to hit on this
issue:
1. I have a tree that checkout with -b donut-x86
2. on the same tree, I did another repo init without -d donut-x86 to
switch the branch to master
3. repo sync
4. rm the old out directory and compile.

I also did a fresh check out, and I can build the tree without any
problem.
I'm trying to see where the problem is now.

On Fri, 2009-12-04 at 21:14 +0100, hedwin wrote:
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to android-x86

hedwin

Dec 4, 2009, 3:59:25 PM12/4/09
to andro...@googlegroups.com
One thing I am a bit curious about is what branch does repo select if a respective (sub)tree doesn't have the branch that is selected with the repo init command.
If have checked the android website but could not find info about this. Worst case it could mean that donut-x86 could be mixed with eclair master branches and these could change constantly with every repo sync.

Hedwin

Yi Sun

Dec 4, 2009, 4:00:20 PM12/4/09
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Ok, the issue is caused by the fact that we are picking up partial alsa
code changes from ASOP. We will have to merage donut-x86 as well. I will
talk to CW for this.
At the meanwhile, please try following things to see if it solves your
problem:
1. cd external/alsa-lib
2. git checkout 7d7fc0e490064bd51f8fe43b397c7598504bff81
Yi
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to android-x86

Yi Sun

Dec 4, 2009, 4:01:46 PM12/4/09
to andro...@googlegroups.com
see my another e-mail.
BTW-- the repo init I mentioned in the last e-mail is not a right step
here.
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to android-x86

hedwin

Dec 4, 2009, 4:04:18 PM12/4/09
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Indeed, it does answer my question on repo branches ;-)

Yi Sun

Dec 4, 2009, 4:08:46 PM12/4/09
to andro...@googlegroups.com
does the "git checkout" solve your problem?
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to android-x86

hedwin

Dec 4, 2009, 4:10:39 PM12/4/09
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Think it passed the alsa-lib but it is still building

Hedwin

Yi Sun

Dec 4, 2009, 4:17:45 PM12/4/09
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Ok, let know the result
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to android-x86

hedwin

Dec 4, 2009, 5:33:09 PM12/4/09
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Build done without a glitch

Hedwin

Yi Sun

Dec 4, 2009, 5:35:14 PM12/4/09
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Nice
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to android-x86

Santosh Kadam

Dec 18, 2009, 4:40:12 AM12/18/09
to Android-x86
hi there,

I have downloaded the donut brounch to compile and intall on my
desktop. As I understand - the latest eclair branch does not have
ethernet support - and I presume that donut branch will have that.
Having said this - I tried to compile same and I get multiple errors.

first error
---------------

Install: out/host/linux-x86/bin/acp
make[1]: Entering directory `/root/android-x86-donut/kernel'
GEN /root/android-x86-donut/out/target/product/eeepc/obj/kernel/
Makefile
#
# configuration written to .config
#
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/android-x86-donut/kernel'
make[1]: Entering directory `/root/android-x86-donut/kernel'
GEN /root/android-x86-donut/out/target/product/eeepc/obj/kernel/
Makefile
scripts/kconfig/conf -s arch/x86/Kconfig
Using /root/android-x86-donut/kernel as source for kernel
/root/android-x86-donut/kernel is not clean, please run 'make
mrproper'
in the '/root/android-x86-donut/kernel' directory.
make[2]: *** [prepare3] Error 1
make[1]: *** [sub-make] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/android-x86-donut/kernel'
make: *** [out/target/product/eeepc/kernel] Error 2
=============================

when I do a "make mrproper" from the kernel directory it succeeds. I
then attempt to compile the usb image as follows.

#make usb_img TARGET_PRODUCT=eeepc

It returns me the following error --

PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=REL
PLATFORM_VERSION=1.6
TARGET_PRODUCT=eeepc
TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=eng
TARGET_SIMULATOR=
TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release
TARGET_ARCH=x86
HOST_ARCH=x86
HOST_OS=linux
HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
BUILD_ID=Donut
build/core/copy_headers.mk:15: warning: overriding commands for target
`out/target/product/eeepc/obj/include/libpv/getactualaacconfig.h'
build/core/copy_headers.mk:15: warning: ignoring old commands for
target `out/target/product/eeepc/obj/include/libpv/
getactualaacconfig.h'

make[1]: Entering directory `/root/android-x86-donut/kernel'
GEN /root/android-x86-donut/out/target/product/eeepc/obj/kernel/
Makefile
HOSTCC scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.o
gcc: /root/android-x86-donut/kernel/scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.c: No
such file or directory
gcc: no input files
make[3]: *** [scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.o] Error 1

Can anyone suggest which is the right source that has ethernet,
soundcard etc all support on desktop PC ?

thanks and regards
Santosh

On Dec 1, 10:31 pm, Yi Sun <beyo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> donut-x86is the stable branch. Are you using java6? COuld you send us

> the build error?
> I built it yesterday. and it is ok for me
>

> On Tue, 2009-12-01 at 12:21 +0100, hedwin wrote:
> > Hi,
>

> > Downloaded thedonut-x86branch as described on the android-x86

> > wbsite.
> > Only the build fails on a apicheck of some java interfaces.
>
> > Question: is this a stable branch or a development branch? if the last
> > what is
> > the stable branch? or did I forgot something?
>
> > I did build an android before but that was for a mips platform.
>
> > Any help would be appreciated.
>
> > Hedwin Koning
>
> > --

> --

> Android-x86www.android-x86.org- Hide quoted text -

hedwin

Dec 23, 2009, 2:10:56 PM12/23/09
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Maybe a stupid question but in your path I see root, did you also
login as root? What do the file permissions tell.

Hedwin