radeon issues and report

mariuz

Mar 7, 2011, 7:50:23 AM3/7/11
to Android-x86
I have downloaded 2.2 and booted on my machine
i see only some stripes even in vesa mode
here is my hardware info
http://ubuntuone.com/p/dl2/

I will do some recompiles and optimizations later
seems that radeon driver is loaded also the kms

ps: i try to add the builded image to the default grub2 menu but i
still fail to do so

see at the end the menu entry , maybe is something wrong
http://mapopa.blogspot.com/2011/02/power-of-open-source-i-can-build-my-own.html

fuzzy7k

Mar 7, 2011, 5:04:27 PM3/7/11
to Android-x86
Check your dmesg for failure to load microcode. If it's not loading
check this issue, http://code.google.com/p/android-x86/issues/detail?id=183,
and follow my steps to enable it. You can get firmware from your
ubuntu distro or check out this thread
http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86/browse_thread/thread/7b2fec141fa3288a#.

If you have a spare partition, I would make a bootable usb disk and
install it to that partition, there are some special boot parameters
that are added to the usb disk that aren't in the howto, like
video=-16.

Otherwise, assuming that in grub2 linux=kernel, it looks ok.