Touch screen and wifi support for this Tablet?

瀏覽次數:68 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

SerialJoe

未讀,
2010年4月17日 下午6:45:042010/4/17
收件者:Android-x86
here's some info on it:
http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:BrxqJcqT3kkJ:www.dtresearch.com/support/manuals/WebDT366%2520Basic%2520Operation%2520Guide.pdf+webdt+366&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEEShELokT2vbHPP_FOgtLweaCv7-yxBwb6Eg0EsWbS2JFNlUcDMqZQ_CSCWaXMWjBvfp5wPbdAvXmE_2mRkDm1mXq1yA6p40_5LBPLCJs2Y1JIZ-N5zS8-rQA3S38PdVVp3iVdgtT&sig=AHIEtbRic-lBsvnG_s5v9Ll2KnxeY11xBQ

It's the webdt 366 tablet. the wireless card support and touchscreen
support (penmount 9000) would be great. It would make this tablet more
useful actually it would make this tablet useful.. If it support for
the geode gx processor could be added that would be great as well. It
does boot up in live mode and i am sure it will install. The lack of
hardware support is the only prob.

heres all I have on the touch screen.

http://www.penmount.com.tw/down_2_1.php

any help would be greatly appreciated and i and the small community
following this product thank anyone who might lend a hand. further
more thanks for the work that has been done.

Darren Mason

未讀,
2010年4月17日 晚上7:30:162010/4/17
收件者:andro...@googlegroups.com
I have been working on supporting this device when I can.
I am using donut as a base as the current builds of eclair are unusable
in terms of speed of the UI.

The changes that have been made to the init scripts some time after
January allow this machine to boot the image from USB, it was failing to
find the drive from the init script before that. Now that has been
brought back to the donut branch it means that the 1.6-R2 live image
will boot and the UI is usable.

Progress with Penmount:
I have reconfigured the kernel to include the penmount serial driver as
a module. This loads fine as a module but doesn't create
the /dev/input/event by itself. There is a tool called 'inputattach'
which seems to be used to attach the driver to the serial port. I have
added this tool to my build under the external section and when run this
allows the penmount module to be bound to /dev/ttyS0.
This creates the /dev/input/event node, but only when actually booting
into the Android GUI. Then from a command line it is possible to use the
tslib stuff. This is made difficult from the fact that there is no
terminals (ALT F1 etc) on this machine - dont know why that is but there
is a terminal program under Dev tools that gives a command line.
ts_calibrate and ts_test seem to work as they should but I am stuck
about there. Normal usage seems to be way out of calibration. Some parts
of the screen appear to recognise touches but they are way out. At this
stage I am guessing that the driver is not scaling the co-ordinates that
it sends back. I thought the pointercal file would rectify this but not
having much luck.....

Other progress...

Several kernel modifications are required to get this machine to have
the PCMCIA port recognised and its internal flash drive. I seem to
finally have a config that does this now - so I am able to now install
to the flash drive and recognise the PCMCIA cards.

I am having quite a few problems getting my network card to work. It is
a ACX111 PCMCIA card which has limited support in linux. I had to
download the driver/firmware seperately and add it to my build. It is
not in mainline kernel. I can get an IP address out of the card in debug
mode but it does not seem to support scanning and the Android settings
screen doesn't seem to like the card. I have another WebDT366 with the
AIRO card in it. I might try it with that if I have no luck.

The buttons appear to be sending unhandled ACPI events. So I am guessing
that there will be a way to get those working. Might need a user level
mapping driver or something. Need to get the touchscreen functioning
before this.

Other problems....

When booted in debug mode standard error does not display on the
console. I can see it in /tmp/log so it is not the end of the world but
it is annoying. Anyone know how to fix?
Having ALT-F1/F2 etc work in the gui would be helpful. Anyone help?

So getting there with this machine but still a bit of work before it is
usable. Seems to be a good fit for Android though and seeing that I have
six of these machines I am keen to get it working.

Regards
Darren

SerialJoe

未讀,
2010年4月18日 清晨5:24:422010/4/18
收件者:Android-x86
If you need any help with this specific model you could go to
webdt.org . If nothing else you would find some testers and there are
maybe a few people who could help you. Anywho Rock on.
回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄
0 則新訊息