HOT reloaded !!! Froyo Android-x86 BETA 3 for Acer Aspire 1825PT(Z), ...

Arobase40

Mar 28, 2011, 5:22:41 AM3/28/11
to Android-x86
Hi all,

Here is my third beta which correct some issues with the second beta,
such as no "Pinch to Zoom" in the Web Browser, and better Power
Management : at least better fan out, and temperature controls.
Still some issues such as hard wake up after sleep and conflict
between Wireless and Ethernet not yet solved.
3G USB modules have been added, but still untested.

Most debug informations have been stripped out, so the iso file is
much much smaller !

And most at all, this is a real version for the Acer Aspire 1825PT(Z)
built with configuration files for aspire1825 target. No more
dependancy from the asus_laptop target...

Do read the README File, before use !!!

As nobody sent me the required information about Acer 1425P*, 1420P*,
and 1820P*, I won't pretend it works with these laptops, and won't
give any support, unless someone... ^^

http://rapidshare.com/files/454751186/Aspire1825MT.rar

have fun.

Arobase

sknobl

Mar 28, 2011, 11:50:22 AM3/28/11
to Android-x86
Hi Arobase,
have an Aspire 3810TZG (I know, it has no touchscreen) ... in
difference to my old Aspire One 110 which runs smoothly with froyo - I
can't get froyo working because on graphic issues when install a
custom build to HD. So would it mind you to send me the config files
for your build or upload them to anywhere? Maybe I get an idea what's
wrong with my Configuration.

Thanks in advance,
Stefan

STARKADD3R

Mar 28, 2011, 12:23:52 PM3/28/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
hey man, thx again for your work ... didn't have the time to answer you regarding the issues in the last versions ... trying to do this for this beta 'cause i would love to get the 3G card working :-)

Arobase40

Mar 28, 2011, 7:06:55 PM3/28/11
to Android-x86
This build has not been created to support multiple targets, but only
Acer laptop with Intel exclusive gfx card and not dual-gfx card... ;)
Some other laptops may also work with minimal support as long as they
stick to Intel gfx card ONLY, and mostly with i965C.

I did not apply the patch for auto-detection of i915 or i965C yet...

I also disabled CONFIG-VGA_SWITCHEROO, and other gfx cards such as
Radeon, if this is what you were thinking about. :-D

I'll commit the configuration files soon after some clean ups.

Chih-Wei Huang

Mar 29, 2011, 5:36:50 AM3/29/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi Arobase,
I'm going to review your configuration recently.
Would you like to send me the newest one?
Or do you want me to review the previous configs
you sent me before?

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

Arobase40

Mar 29, 2011, 7:03:40 AM3/29/11
to Android-x86
I'll send you the new one !

And you may compare it with the older one if you wish, but not quite
sure this is necessary, except for the the wake up issue after sleep,
may be... ^^

I don't either know how to setup the defconfig paramters for laptops
with different amount of memory such as 4 GB RAM and over 4 GB RAM.
Don't know if CONFIG_HIGHMEM4G and CONFIG_HIGHMEM64G are exclusive, or
not ???

What I mean is that if I use CONFIG_HIGHMEM64G parameter for laptops
with 8 GB RAM, will the iso works with hardware configuration with
less RAM such as 2 GB RAM ?
May be you can correct this and set the correct parameters in order to
make it more generic and not dependent of the amount of RAM, as Acer
Aspire users can have between 2 GB RAM to 8 GB RAM ?

May also have to change parameters such as : CONFIG_X86_PAE,
CONFIG_NOHIGHMEM, etc...

I'll send the new configuration later on this night. I mean this night
for me : Paris TimeZone - Western Europe. ^^ ;-)

sknobl

Mar 29, 2011, 10:08:59 AM3/29/11
to Android-x86
Hi,
Should be no problem to use CONFIG_HIGHMEM64G which means the maximum
amount of memory the system may use, so it's no problem working with
1GB either - but you'll have to unconfigure the other statements
CONFIG_HIGHMEMnnG. But the system may init the bigger amount of
Virtual RAM, but with an 32bit OS -which android is - you may only
address 4GB, so on my mind it's useless to change this settings. I
would leave NOHIGHMEM and PAE untouched.
Well I won't use radeon card on my build, but I'd like to use
switcheroo (and for that I need radeon driver as module) to save power
- with Ubuntu no problem and I would implement the deactivation of
radeon via kernel-parameter (to disable kms on radeon - so i915 is
used as output initially) and startup script to deactivate the radeon
card.
Well mz yesterday build basically worked (unexpected!) And with no
HWAcceleration but 1280x720 resolution. So I have a base to
investigate and work on.

So, will have a walk with my dog for now,
Best regards,
Stefan

Arobase40

Mar 29, 2011, 11:54:06 AM3/29/11
to Android-x86
Oh yes, I just forgot Android-x86 is a 32bits OS ! ^^ ;-)

About your problem with gfx card, I don't understand why you need to
use switcheroo and radeon modules if you plan to only use Intel gfx
card, as Android-x86 don't make use of udev as far as I know as
opposed to Ubuntu.

Just have to comment any reference to radeon in the defconfig file, I
guess...

Just add BOARD_USES_I965C := true, BOARD_USES_DRM := true in your
Boardconfig.mk file and make a call to i965C in your info file for
HWAcceleration as your Aspire 3810TZG has an Intel GMA X4500MHD just
as mine with the 1825PTZ...

Best regards,

Arobase

STARKADD3R

Mar 31, 2011, 2:51:51 PM3/31/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com

Hi again,
Okay i tried your third built for my acer 1825ptz with built-in  3G card. Like in the older builds it is hard to connect to my wifi router. It needs often up to 5 tries or more to get connected :-(. Furthermore the touchscreen does not work after a while when i don't use the laptop but it is possible to get it working again if i switch to console and back(alt f1 and alt f7). The fan is not runnig at full speed anymore but laptop gets really hot after a while - dangerous for the cpu? 3G card is not working. What can i do to get it working? How can i help? Would be awesome to get it working. I attached the output of dmesg. Hope this is a help. Thx again man for this great work.

Waiting unpatiently for your next build :-) ...

-Starkadder

Am 2011 3 28 09:22 schrieb "Arobase40" <arob...@gmail.com>:
dmesg.txt

Arobase40

Mar 31, 2011, 4:30:50 PM3/31/11
to Android-x86
Hi,

This is not what I needed ! lol

I need lshal info and dmesg from a linux or Ubuntu linux system
(better use Lucic 10.04 as it's easier), not from inside Android ! :-D

Use a live Ubuntu USB stick and run it. When you're on the desktop,
make sure you have a network connection (wifi or ethernet), open a
console in the Accessory or CTRL-ALT-F1.

Then type : sudo apt-get install hal. When all is downloaded and
installed, type lshal > hal.info.

Copy this hal.info file somewhere so you can retreave it if order to
join it to your mail.

Copy either /var/log/dmesg.

Then send them both to me...

But 3G is not on the top of my list, tough. ;-)

On 31 mar, 20:51, STARKADD3R <starkad...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi again,
> Okay i tried your third built for my acer 1825ptz with built-in  3G card.
> Like in the older builds it is hard to connect to my wifi router. It needs
> often up to 5 tries or more to get connected :-(.

Did you uncheck the Ethernet card ?

> Furthermore the
> touchscreen does not work after a while when i don't use the laptop but it
> is possible to get it working again if i switch to console and back(alt f1
> and alt f7). The fan is not runnig at full speed anymore but laptop gets
> really hot after a while - dangerous for the cpu? 3G card is not working.
> What can i do to get it working? How can i help? Would be awesome to get it
> working. I attached the output of dmesg. Hope this is a help. Thx again man
> for this great work.

Have you red the REAME First.txt file ?

Set Display Timeout to NEVER !

You might have a very specific russian hardware... ;-)
Please dont feed your 1825ptz with vodka... ^^

> Waiting unpatiently for your next build :-) ...
>
> -Starkadder
> Am 2011 3 28 09:22 schrieb "Arobase40" <arobas...@gmail.com>:
>
>  dmesg.txt
> 83KAfficherTélécharger

Arobase40

Apr 1, 2011, 2:59:47 AM4/1/11
to Android-x86
About temperature issue, is it the same probem with Windows 7 or
specific to my own build of Android-x86 ?

I know some person has the same problem with this laptop EVEN with
Windows 7...

You may also need to install the latest BIOS from Acer (also needed
for the hinge rotation to be detected, when this feature will be
implemented).

Hinge rotation detection already works with Linux.

On 31 mar, 20:51, STARKADD3R <starkad...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Am 2011 3 28 09:22 schrieb "Arobase40" <arobas...@gmail.com>:
>
>  dmesg.txt
> 83KAfficherTélécharger

mm

Apr 2, 2011, 1:56:27 PM4/2/11
to Android-x86
Hi Arobase,
thank you for your good job.

I tried the first beta and it worked fine.
I tried the second and the third one too, but the system hanged.
It boots, I see the grub menu and it starts loading.
It finds android and then, when it used to display the black screen
with "android" in the middle, it hangs.
I can read on the screen it finds android on /dev/sdb1 (it was
different with the first beta as it was on /dev/sda1).
I have an aspire 1825ptz (with 4gb ram, 320 gb hd, 1366x768).
I don't see anybody else reporting this problem.
I used a 4gb sandisk usb flash disk, FAT32 formatted. I tried it live
from this stick. Installing it on another usb disk made no
difference.

As I said, I had no problem with the first beta.
With that version, I also installed it permanently on another usb
disk, formatted ext3 (16gb),
Everything worked fine (screen, wifi, sound); I only had problems with
data, as it didn't remember the wifi password and every other change I
had made.

Arobase40

Apr 2, 2011, 9:12:46 PM4/2/11
to Android-x86
hi,

Did you think about re formatting your USB stick ?
Over write a beta 1 stick with beta 2 or 3 is not enought !

For installed android version, format the stick with FAT32 and with
single partition.
Don't forget to enable R/W and allocate some space for the data, the
wifi password and every other changes...

I didn't test with ext3, nor with multiple partitions. If you want to
do so, look at other threads explaining how to do this...

Best regards,

Arobase

Arobase40

Apr 3, 2011, 10:28:28 AM4/3/11
to Android-x86
Hi all,

For those who encountered fans and temperature problems with my beta
3, here is a little literature about on how to work out on these
issues. Only works with Beta 3, as acerhdf module was not implemented
before. Use in a console :

acerhdf - A kernelmodule which monitors the temperature
of the aspire one netbook, turns on/off the fan
as soon as the upper/lower threshold is reached.

1.3: AUTOSTART FAN CONTROL
To automatically start the fan control you can do:
sudo 'echo "options acerhdf kernelmode=1" > /etc/modprobe.d/
acerhdf.conf'

2.0: USAGE

To load the module into the kernel type: 'modprobe acerhdf'
If you want let this happen automatically on system boot-up, add
the module
acerhdf to your list of autoloaded modules. (ask google how this
works for
your distribution)

2.2: CHECK
Launch the command 'dmesg|grep acerhdf' and read the messages
printed out.

2.3: READING THE TEMPERATURE
The current temperature can be read by:
'cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp'

2.4: MONITORING / CONTROLLING THE FAN
The fan can be monitored via:
'cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/cdev0/cur_state'

ATTENTION: setting the fan state manually can damage your hardware!
To change the state manually you must first switch to user mode
(see 2.5),
then following commands will change the state:
ON: 'echo 1 > /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/cdev0/cur_state'
OFF: 'echo 0 > /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/cdev0/cur_state'

2.5: ENABLING / DISABLING THE FAN CONTROL
enabled: acerhdf controls the fan automatically depending on the
temperature
and the temperature thresholds (see 2.6).
disabled: acerhdf offers only the interface for reading the
temperature and
setting the state of the fan. A userspace program must take care
about
changing the fan state.

You can switch on the fan control via:
'echo enabled -n > /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/mode'
To switch the fan control off:
'echo disabled -n > /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/mode'

2.6: CONFIGURATION / PARAMETERS
acerhdf has following parameters:
o interval=10 - The interval in seconds, in which the temperature
should be
checked in kernel mode. (default=10)
o fanon=67000 - The temperature in Celsius above the fan should be
switched on.
(default=67000)
o fanoff=62 - The temperature in Celsuis below the fan should be
switched
off. (default=62000)
o verbose=0 - Print out verbose messages to dmesg. (default=0)
o kernelmode=0 - enable the fan control after loading (default=0)
o force_bios="" - For testing purposes, see below.

Those parameters can be set when loading the module. E.g:
'modprobe acerhdf interval=5 fanon=65000 fanoff=60000 kernelmode=1'
You can add them to '/etc/modprobe.conf', so that they are
automatically
applied, when the module is loaded. The line in modprobe.conf can
look like
this:
'options acerhdf interval=5 fanon=65000 fanoff=60000'

Additionally every parameter (besides force_bios) can also be read
and written
by accessing it via cat'ing or echo'ing the specific file in
/sys/module/acerhdf/parameters/*

Example:
'cat /sys/module/acerhdf/parameters/interval' to read the interval
setting.
'echo 50000 > /sys/module/acerhdf/parameters/fanoff' to change the
fanoff
setting.

3.0: TESTING UNSUPPORTED HARDWARE

!!!! ATTENTION !!!!
This could harm your hardware if you do not know what you are
doing!

If you have hardware / bios which isn't officially supported by
acerhdf, but
you are sure it should work, you can try to load the module by:
'modprobe acerhdf force_bios="v0.3305"' or any other bios version
defined in
source of acerhdf. The force_bios parameter will cause acerhdf to
omit the
hardware and bios check and to pretend the chosen bios version is
available.
-> acerhdf will be started in user mode.
Before switching to kernel mode (see 2.5) test if the temperature
and the fan
can be correctly accessed (see 2.4)

mm

Apr 4, 2011, 4:57:00 PM4/4/11
to Android-x86
Thank you Arobase, now it works !
Just to share my experience:
- I upgraded my bios to 1.3127, using the acer utility downloaded from
the acer support website
- I formatted 2 usb flash disk with single partition (FAT32), 16Gb and
8Gb. They both must be bootable (You may use Gparted if you need a
partition manager)
- I saved the downloaded .iso to the first usb stick, using unetbootin-
windows-502.exe
- I rebooted and I got live android (from the first stick)
- Insert the second usb disk (the very small one)
- Select the option "install to hard disk"
- Install to the second usb stick
no create fake sdcard
- Wait till it's finished (for some seconds you see a blu screen) and
then select reboot
- Don't forget to pull out the first usb stick
- Now you have a working 1825ptz with Android x86
- Data is persistent (wifi password, etc.) and I may leave the usb
stick in, as it's very small. When I want W7 I just pull it out.
- Android sees a big sdcard, with nearly 8Gb and it's possible to
share data with W7, as it's FAT32 formatted
Great! Thanks to the Android x86 team and to Arobase !

Arobase40

Apr 4, 2011, 6:32:44 PM4/4/11
to Android-x86
Good ! ;-)

Now you may have time to test with ext3/ext4 filesystem and with
multiple partitions, so I'll add your feed-back and tuto to my next
README File... :-D

Thanks again for your feed-back.

PS : the previous informations about acerhdf has been taken from a
linux system, so you may have to adapt them with android.

Arobase40

Apr 12, 2011, 10:42:41 AM4/12/11
to Android-x86
I got 2 new reports about this beta 3 working fine with Packard Bell
Butterfly Touch Edition EV-044FR (FR for french version, I guess) and
the Acer Aspire 1410 (not a touch screen version).

sophana

Jun 10, 2011, 5:51:32 PM6/10/11
to Android-x86
I confirm that your beta 3 works just fine on the packard bell
butterfly touch ev44fr(capacitive multitouch)(cando touchscreen?)
THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Multi touch Ok!
Wifi Ok!

I'm actually responding with the touch screen.
The device is quite usable only with the touch screen.
The packard bell has a single "P" button in tablet mode. It would be
nice if it was usable as back, home, or menu.
I have to test suspend, installation to disk, google apps, etc...

That's really great to see that this tabletpc can be used as real
tablet.

It would be nice to have this great work included in the android x86
project so we can benefit from future evolutions like gingerbread or
even honeycomb ;-)

THANK YOU AGAIN and all the android x86 team for such a nice project.

Arobase40

Jun 10, 2011, 8:42:38 PM6/10/11
to Android-x86
Thank you for your support. ;-)

Actually suspend is not working fine at the moment (works better with
beta 1, but single touch and I don't know if it's compatible with
Packard Bell... ^^).
I'm working on it at the moment, but it's a hard task as everybody
knows...

At least you can close the cover and the screen will switch off, and
will switch on back again when you open the cover.

I guess I'll use the "P" button for manual screen rotation...

For installed HDD version and full Android Market you can get the
informations from here :

http://www.ceh-photo.de/blog/

For virtual Soft Buttons (Back, Menu, Home, ...), you can use
AndroidSoftKey from here :

https://rapidshare.com/files/458665770/AndroidSoftKeys-v2.apk

Button Savior or Swkey are also available on the Market or xda
developer.

If you need an Office Application, you can use QuickOffice, and
Replico Replico Reader as a standAlone PDF reader (both compatible
with Android-x86).

No Gingerbread-x86 planed as there is no Mesa support at the
moment. :-/

sophana

Jun 12, 2011, 6:11:24 PM6/12/11
to Android-x86
Hi

I could install android in the harddrive. I made the win7 partition
smaller, created a sda5 5gb partition with the installer cfdisk.
But I couldn't make /system writable, it doesn't work (when booting).

Now, I can't find a way to install google apps without /system being
writable.
I tried in the console (alt-f1) and in debug mode. I can't write into
the /system partition.
I tried a mount -o rw,remount /android/system (in debug mode), but it
doesn't work.

Any idea?

I also have just some little annoying bug I think. Using android-x86,
I have had some small freezes (about 5s to 10s every few minutes).
Sometime, an alert saying that the actual application is not
responding, proposing to force close or wait. When I click wait, it
just comes back after a few seconds (this happens to both the web
browser and the launcher). Kind of annoying...

About the suspend, it looks that it almost works. When I resume, I can
see the unlock screen, but it goes to sleeping mode immediately. I
could wake up once by hitting some keys (I think) during the wake up.
It is also too bad that when I push the power button, it doesn't
propose to sleep.

Thanks

sophana

Jun 12, 2011, 6:13:56 PM6/12/11
to Android-x86
I forgot, closing the cover does not suspend for me.
The only way I found was to enable display sleeping after some time.

Arobase40

Jun 12, 2011, 8:19:02 PM6/12/11
to Android-x86
I have given some clues for installing the Android-x86 build on an USB
stick or SD Card with R/W access, but I mentioned in the README file I
don't support HDD installation as the build is still in beta status.

If you still want to do this, you have to ask Christopher himself on
his blog !

And again, I'm still working on the suspend mode, and this is not
specific to MY build, but unlikely for every builds.... ^^

I guess the freeze issues you encounter as certainly due to the mode
of installation you made.

Finally, I didn't say closing the cover will put the laptop in suspend
mode, but it just switch the screen off. That's not the same thing.

AGAIN, read the README file !!!

sophana

Jun 13, 2011, 5:29:46 PM6/13/11
to Android-x86
Well, installation on hard disk seems to work quite well, except for
the writable /system.
Will installing to usb solve this problem?

About the freezes, they happen also in live mode.

I know that you are working on suspend. I was just reporting the
behaviour on the packard bell...

Arobase40

Jun 13, 2011, 7:05:28 PM6/13/11
to Android-x86

On 13 juin, 23:29, sophana <sophan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, installation on hard disk seems to work quite well, except for
> the writable /system.

Again, ask Christopher.
He is better aware of that than me.
He told me he didn't get any problem with this as a daily use basis.

Some others reported also this was working fine, otherwise they
couldn't install Android Market and full Google pack.

> Will installing to usb solve this problem?

Don't if it solve the problem as this is the sole way I'm working
with... ;-)
And no problem at all from the very beginning.

Just not forget to format in FAT32, and single partition.

Read back the report from mm just above (he explained how he did the
install on USB stick.

> About the freezes, they happen also in live mode.
>
> I know that you are working on suspend. I was just reporting the
> behaviour on the packard bell...

And I thank you of that again. :-)
But the other guy who also own the same Packard bell butterfly touch
than yours didn't have your problem, and as this is a complete clone
of the Acer 1825PTZ... ^^

At least, have you tried upgrading to the latest BIOS version ?

[Just Like It...]

Jun 16, 2011, 6:16:02 PM6/16/11
to Android-x86
Hi everyone,

I have Acer 1425P and install Android Beta 3 on it.

It works perfectly, but some inconvenience I've felt

1. At the start topic I've read that there is some problem with WiFi
and Eth.
From the first start of the OS, WiFi did't start. I restart OS. but
nothing changed. When I put my book alone on some time it went to
standby mode and when I returned to the normal. WiFi connected to my
router.
And the line didn't broke.

2. I want to give advice to put "back" button of "home" button to hot-
keyboard "P" near the screen, I think it will be usefull

3. Standby mode. I have fell inconvenience when I wanted to return to
normall mode. After some presses on the keyboard the screen lighted on
2 seconds and escaped to standby again.
As means of this trouble I should press some keys on several
occasions, and the screen won't go out.

Multi-touch works perfectly!!

Very big thx for your work Arobase40

The mirror for image - http://timonych.ru/Aspire1825MT.rar

Arobase40

Jun 17, 2011, 12:17:56 AM6/17/11
to Android-x86
Thanks for your support. ;-)

First, I'm not sure I understand you well about your problem with
Wifi ???

Don't see any wireless networks or can't you get an IP ?

In the first case, I have no idea about your problem, except if Wifi
was unselected with the front button or may be you need to flash the
latest BIOS version (You shouldn't need to do the latter, though).

If you can't get an IP address, I explained in the README file (sorry
I didn't have enought knowledge to write it in russian. ^^) that you
have to disable Ethernet FIRST (guess you can enable it back after you
get the IP address from Wifi).

Otherwise, what you can do is while the system is waiting for an IP
address is to do a long press on your Wifi network (before the
connexion timeout) and press on "remove from network", then try again.
Normally with a second try, it just work, otherwise, try a third time.

But if you disable Ethernet first, this should work on first shot.

For the suspend/stand by mode, as also explained in the REAME file,
you'd better select "screen timeout" to NEVER when you first enter
into the system. This will be default in my next release, but I didn't
want to publish it just for this small issue as the workaround was
explained in the "manual"... ^^

For the wake up, I didn't explain how to fix it as I forgot to do it
in the readme file : just push the ESC button untill the "locker" pop
up, then you can use your finger or the touchpad to unlock the locker
and return to the HOME panel.

You could also use any other keys, but unlikely touch feature won't
work at the locker pop up, so you will have to use the touchpad. When
back to the HOME panel the touchscreen will work again.... ^^

Sorry for the inconvenience, but this is the best I can do for the
moment, as this is a generic issue with every targets I guess...

Regarding the Back or Home feature, why don't you use the Softkey app
or Savior Button app ???

I already explained in the above posts that I reserve the use of the
"P" Button for futur manual screen rotation....

But, may be I have to do a "referendum" to know what should be the
best use if this "P" Button ??? ;-) LOL

Finally, PLEASE keep the link on the RapidShare host web site : I
don't get a dim or euro cent from them, nor do I get any bonus to get
premium access when you download, but it's just that it's the only way
for me to have statistics on how many time my builds are downloaded.

For those who already hosted my builds on their web site or blog, tell
me at least how many times their were downloaded according to the
versions.

If you can remove the direct link, please do !

If ONE web site wants to host it, there is no problem since I can have
access to the statistics, but I don't want them to be spread over
without control...

Hopefully, I don't think I ask too much....

On 17 juin, 00:16, "[Just Like It...]" <just.timon...@gmail.com>

Arobase40

Jun 17, 2011, 10:40:09 AM6/17/11
to Android-x86
Thank you for removing the direct download link ! ;-)

But as I said, you can put the RapidShare link on your website if you
want.

Best regards,

Arobase

On 17 juin, 00:16, "[Just Like It...]" <just.timon...@gmail.com>

[Just Like It...]

Jun 18, 2011, 3:01:01 AM6/18/11
to Android-x86
to Arobase40

I remove the link from forum Acer-club, where I placed the information
and left only rapidshare link :)

About Android:

1. I've noted that in HDPI and MDPI mode there is strange output from
standby mode. If I in MDPI, i have no problem from exit. I should only
press any key for an several time. But It doesn't help me if I in HDPI
mode. Acer 1425P returns to cosole mode and off, also home screen
appears on 2 seconds every time. Sush as it flashes.

2. Thank you for advise to use third-party soft. I'll try it.
But you've said that "P" button rotates the screen.
In MDPI mode there was no effect. Screen didn't rotate,
In HDPI I received the reboot my note (oO)

Also, I have Acer beTouch E130 and in settings there is setting for
button with envelope.
I can choose some effects If i'll press the button.
Myabe this functional can be used in settings of our OS too? With out
using some third-party soft

3. The question about debug mode.
Is there any opportunities in interface mode, or I only can use
command promt too?

4. When I install OS and choose to use read-write mode I can't choose
then "Run Android-x86". The system stopped,and whet I reboot it, it
shows error.
But if I choose Create fake SD card, the system after reboots and
system works perfectly.

5. Screen Keyboard. Is there any specification for using the screen
keyboard. Beauce I choose the Russian letters and I can't call the
Screen Keyboard.

Arobase40

Jun 18, 2011, 1:51:25 PM6/18/11
to Android-x86

On 18 juin, 09:01, "[Just Like It...]" <just.timon...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> to Arobase40
>
> I remove the link from forum Acer-club, where I placed the information
> and left only rapidshare link :)

Which forum Acer-club is it ? I didn't think about about posting in
such a forum... ;-)

> About Android:
>
> 1. I've noted that in HDPI and MDPI mode there is strange output from
> standby mode. If I in MDPI, i have no problem from exit. I should only
> press any key for an several time. But It doesn't help me if I in HDPI
> mode. Acer 1425P returns to cosole mode and off, also home screen
> appears on 2 seconds every time. Sush as it flashes.

- Sounds weird the problems you have ??? Does your 1425P has a SU2300
or SU4100 ?
- If MDPI works fine, why do you want to use HDPI (as this is low
res) ?
- I'm experiencing the HDPI mode at the moment, and I don't have all
the problems you mentioned, even with the Resume... ^^

> 2. Thank you for advise to use third-party soft. I'll try it.
> But you've said that "P" button rotates the screen.
> In MDPI mode there was no effect. Screen didn't rotate,
> In HDPI I received the reboot my note (oO)

I think you didn't understand what I said previously !!!
May be you need someone to help you in translating this thread and my
posts...

I didn't say the "P" button was working. I said it is on my plan for
FUTUR (next) use in the next version !!! ;-) LOL

> Also, I have Acer beTouch E130 and in settings there is setting for
> button with envelope.
> I can choose some effects If i'll press the button.
> Myabe this functional can be used in settings of our OS too? With out
> using some third-party soft

I don't even know or understand what you're are talking about ?
What is it supposed to do ? Can better explain its use ?

> 3. The question about debug mode.
> Is there any opportunities in interface mode, or I only can use
> command promt too?

Please read the Android-x86 documentation !!!

Devtools !!! Or DevTools -> Terminal Emulator !

> 4. When I install OS and choose to use read-write mode I can't choose
> then "Run Android-x86". The system stopped,and whet I reboot it, it
> shows error.
> But if I choose Create fake SD card, the system after reboots and
> system works perfectly.

The installation process was perfectly explained in mm (this is his
nickname) post, just above or on http://www.ceh-photo.de/blog/ !

> 5. Screen Keyboard. Is there any specification for using the screen
> keyboard. Beauce I choose the Russian letters and I can't call the
> Screen Keyboard.

AGAIN, read the README file !!! This works perfectly well. I just made
the test right away.

I have made the best to explain every thing in these "manuals", so
PLEASE read them (at least the english version)...
Otherwise, ask someone to translate it to russian... ;-)

Good luck.

Arobase40

Jun 19, 2011, 11:00:23 AM6/19/11
to Android-x86
DAMNIT !!!

Sounds like many web sites are hosting and redistributing my
aspire1825mt.rar file.

Even though, most of them are linking it to RapidShare (with reference
to Android-x86 google group), in addition to a paid direct link,
sounds like one of them has rename it as 1425.rar, without any
reference of the source and is selling it for $4.95 "Promotional
Membership" !!! ^^
"(You Save 75%! - Offer Expires 19 June, 2011)", as they said... lol

I sent to the latter web site a mail and I'm awaiting for an answer...

If this continues that way, I guess the next time I will publish the
next releases encrypted or with a strong password and from a different
source... :-/

I won't give a list of these websites for now, but if they (owners or
admins of these websites) read this post, please send me a mail
through this post !!!

I guess that may be the same problem with builds from other devs... ^^
So watch out !

Chibis

Jun 27, 2011, 11:34:04 AM6/27/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
hi I've  just wrote a message but probably it is wrongly sent.
Again.
Old problem:
no R/W rights.
Android on SD formatted as FAT32
other file systems can not loading.
possible solution:

to make /system read-write, you need to:

1- put this in your buildspec.mk

USE_SQUASHFS := 0

This ensure that the systemm image isn't squash compressed

2- change this line in init:

try_mount ro $device /mnt || continue

try_mount rw $device /mnt || continue

Once this is done, rebuild your usb image and you should have a read
write /system partition.  This is how I have set it on my end and it
works great.

From here

http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86/browse_thread/thread/b0e564ba61327a5e

can it be applied to our build??

fgdn17

Jun 27, 2011, 3:10:08 PM6/27/11
to Android-x86
I thought the latest installer allowed you to mount system R/W???????

Don't think it should be built in, but should be left as an
option....IMO
> http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86/browse_thread/thread/b0e56...

Arobase40

Jun 27, 2011, 3:16:57 PM6/27/11
to Android-x86
If you have red this complete thread or any others related to this
build (blogs including) , you may have seen most users don't have
problems with R/W access after installation both on USB sticks or
HDD...

You also have access to the target definition source codes, so you can
test this option by yourself, I guess... ;)

I don't have time to tweak this build at the time, as I mostly work to
add more functionalities and hardwares support.

For the next build version (if any), I'll use this USE_SQUASHFS := 0
option if that helps.

Thanks for your input.

Regards,

PS : At the moment, I'm also more concerned about the fact, many
websites are stealing my work and trying to make money with with :

1) considering this is beta versions.
2) the builds was created for free !!!

Specially these websites :

http://rapid.booster.cz/index.php?search=Aspire1825mt.rar
and fr.getexpressfiles.com which even have rename the file to 1425.rar
^^

for the others, sounds like they have at least repositioned the
rapidshare link, or have hidden the file deeper in their database...
lol
But with the cache, it's not very hard to retrieve them... :/

Next time (if any), I guess I'll use a strong password only available
trough private mail... ^^ :(

Arobase
> http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86/browse_thread/thread/b0e56...

Andreas Schwarz

Jul 9, 2011, 8:44:59 AM7/9/11
to Android-x86
Hi,

thanks to arobase for the build!

I have a problem on acer 1420p:
Installation went well on different filesystems (fat32, ntfs, ext3)
and at the first startup everything works perfectly, but when i reboot
the wireless doesn't work anymore and no settings are saved.
I tried to install it on harddisk and other usb-stick -> same problem.
I have to say i'm absolutely new to linux i just followed the
installation instructions.

Is there any other with similar problems?

Thanks
Andi

Arobase40

Jul 9, 2011, 10:11:43 PM7/9/11
to Android-x86
Hi,

Same player shoot again. lol

I guess you have to try again... ;-)

On 9 juil, 14:44, Andreas Schwarz

Andreas Schwarz

Jul 10, 2011, 5:51:28 AM7/10/11
to Android-x86
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Andreas Schwarz

Jul 12, 2011, 10:53:39 AM7/12/11
to Android-x86
lol Questionmarks mean I don't know whether this was a serious answer
(and what it means) or not. lol
lol
Is there any idea? lol

On 10 Jul., 11:51, Andreas Schwarz

Arobase40

Jul 12, 2011, 11:43:53 AM7/12/11
to Android-x86
Sorry if you misunderstood the serious answer. lol

As far as I know, there is no problem installing it on a USB stick as
long as you correctly follow the instructions. Watch at mm post, in
the previous page (i guess) : you need 2 USB sticks, one small (for
the live iso) (1 GB should be fine) and a bigger one for the installed
version.

or if you want to install on HDD, go to this blog where Christopher
explains everything :

http://www.ceh-photo.de/blog/

And he's a german guy, so should be easier for you to ask him some
explanations and helps. ;-)

Best regards,

Arobase

On 12 juil, 16:53, Andreas Schwarz