Android-x86 4.0-RC2 released

Chih-Wei Huang

Jul 15, 2012, 11:58:26 AM7/15/12
to Android-x86
Hi,
Android-x86 4.0-RC2 is released.
See the release note for details.

http://www.android-x86.org/releases/releasenote-4-0-rc2

Regards,
--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
http://www.android-x86.org

electrik jesus

Jul 15, 2012, 1:40:54 PM7/15/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Awesome!! Thanks :)

Somdutta Roy

Jul 16, 2012, 12:25:38 AM7/16/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com, vinayak deshpande
Hi,

All credits to the superb developers who are involved in the android-x86 build process......this is really amazing !!

I am working on getting GPS and GPRS to work on android-x86 ICS ( Version 4.0.4 ).

I basically want the GPS and GPRS to be available to android applications seamlessly as they appear in mobile phones.

The module is  Ericsson f5321, the details of integration are given here : http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/mbm/index.php?title=MBM_HAL_for_Android_Ice_Cream_Sandwich

I am done with the integration of the code in the build process and finished the compilation.

But still the network is not being seen and also the GPS by the google maps applciation..........

Can i request one of the stalwarts to please help me out.........I am reading voraciously but i think i am missing out something....

-Som

Awesome!! Thanks :)

Chih-Wei Huang

Jul 16, 2012, 3:08:47 AM7/16/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
2012/7/16 VenomousWoe <h3adhunt3r.bl...@gmail.com>:
> Just one thing. It says in the release notes that in order to get the ARM
> translator working, you need to get the libraries from Buildroid. Do you
> just download the libraries and put them in the specified locations on the
> Buildroid page? Or is there some other process? Either way, I'd like some
> specifics.

Yes, just put the libraries.
(Note libnativehelper_GBfake.so is unnecessary for this release)

ketut.k...@gmail.com

Jul 16, 2012, 9:02:34 AM7/16/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Why using my modified initrd, android-x86 asus_laptop refuse to boot?

$ gzip -dc initrd.img > initrd.cpio
$ mkdir initrd
$ cd initrd
$ cpio -id < ../initrd.cpio

Made some modification for my Ideapad S100.

$ find ./ | cpio -H newc -o > initrd-new.cpio
$ cd ../
$ gzip initrd-new.cpio
$ mv initrd-new.cpio.gz initrd-new.img

Using my new initrd, android reboot before android logo shown (my installation on /dev/sda5 detected) without any error message. Boot success if I use the original asus_laptop initrd.

ketut.k...@gmail.com

Jul 16, 2012, 9:05:27 AM7/16/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I mean:

$ find ./ | cpio -H newc -o > ../initrd-new.cpio

Jul 16, 2012, 9:42:56 AM7/16/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Whats the great news here? Still the 2 main issues are there:

===========================
Known issues:
Suspend and resume doesn't work on some targets.
Not support Ethernet
===========================

Ron M

Jul 16, 2012, 9:55:25 AM7/16/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
The arm emulation support is big news (although it is not perfect)

As per Ethernet - it is not integrated because there is a plan to make
things better designed before "mainlining".
You can see an Ethernet patch in the group - I just posted an updated
Ethernet patch which should apply flawlessly on RC2. Just copy-paste
the instructions there and
you're good to go.
> --
> "Android-x86" group.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/android-x86/-/oEO742uhF68J.

Rah1x

Jul 16, 2012, 10:25:32 AM7/16/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hay,

Does it mean we will have a RC3 after "mainlining"? and where did you put the patch? is it in another email?
Also, what do you think about system freeze issue? It happens all the time and I tried it on a few different systems.

Regards.

ketut.k...@gmail.com

Jul 16, 2012, 10:57:16 AM7/16/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
For the suspend/resume issue, remove acpi_sleep cmdline from grub. It's works on Ideapad S100. Single click on power button for suspend/resume.
From: Rah1x <raheelh...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 06:42:56 -0700 (PDT)

jo2220

Jul 17, 2012, 2:52:19 AM7/17/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Le 15/07/2012 17:58, Chih-Wei Huang a �crit :
> Hi,
> Android-x86 4.0-RC2 is released.
> See the release note for details.
>
> http://www.android-x86.org/releases/releasenote-4-0-rc2
>

> Regards,
Hi,

Firstly,let me to say thank you for your job.. It's awesome that every
people be able to use android

I have a tablet Dell latitude ST with:
-dell wifi 1535C and dell 5550 HSPA+ broadband
-bluetooth atheros AR3012
-Webcams (two)
-N-trig duoSense
-Intel SM35 (Sdcard)
-Atom Z670 1,5ghz
-videocard Intel GMA 600

I tested severals iso but without success.
sometimes wifi is ok but not touch screen sometimes it's opposite

Does anyone has tested it with a dell tablet or another that would have
the same components?
What iso are you using for that?

Thanks you again

Good luck

Rah1x

Jul 17, 2012, 5:39:22 AM7/17/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Thats what I am always talking about man... something is always NOT working !!! I want a complete working version of Andriodx86 (Wifi, USB, Etho, Wakeup etc - all fixed) !!

On Tuesday, July 17, 2012 11:52:19 AM UTC+5, jo2220 wrote:
Le 15/07/2012 17:58, Chih-Wei Huang a �crit :

Rui Carmo

Jul 17, 2012, 1:57:12 PM7/17/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com

On 17/07/2012, at 10:39, Rah1x wrote:

Thats what I am always talking about man... something is always NOT working !!! I want a complete working version of Andriodx86 (Wifi, USB, Etho, Wakeup etc - all fixed) !!

Before Marek chimes in... You're getting people's work for free. It will be done when it's done.

R.

Stefan

Jul 17, 2012, 3:21:13 PM7/17/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

you told that you tryed several isos... That's not very precise. Which ones?

Stefan

jo2220

Jul 17, 2012, 3:54:48 PM7/17/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

memory, I seem to have tested 2.2 (generic, sparta, tegav2,asus laptop)
, 3.2RC2(tegav2 and asus_laptop) and 4.0RC1(tegav2 , eeepc, s103t
tablet) and RC2(tegav2 ,eeepc , hp -tx250)

Jo

Le 17/07/2012 21:21, Stefan a �crit :

Stefan

Jul 17, 2012, 4:43:58 PM7/17/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

looking at the ICS RC2 images only (the others are too old, nobody will
modify them excepti f you do it by yourself), which ones had which result?

Stefan

bucksoo

Jul 17, 2012, 4:37:20 PM7/17/12
to Android-x86
Hi,
I just have a problem about SD card recognition with 4.0rc2.
Maybe you remove fake SD card functionality for some reason, but
internal SD card emulation function doesn't seem to be working fine.
My netbook - Dell mini9 - with 4.0rc2 cannot recognize SD card and
volume mounted, even can access /mnt/sdcard directory and files.
It's for some other issue of logic for Apps doing with SD card stuff,
I think.
So, please re-include fake SD function on 4.0rc2.

Regards.

Masaykh

Jul 18, 2012, 5:40:30 AM7/18/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hello i tested 4.0rc2 eeepc iso'
as with rc1 i have problem with national keyboard.
then i choice russian keyboard i cant type any letter even numbers
system react on keypress as if i ctrl + keypress anything
how can it be fixed?

jo2220

Jul 19, 2012, 10:47:16 AM7/19/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
So,

iso AMD :
boot ok, language choice.... then black screen

ASUS LAPTOP:
Boot ok , laguage choice ok I coming on android but no touch screen no wifi

EEEPC:
same thing than ASUS LAPTOP

Tegav2:
boot -> black screen
same thing in vesa mode

Thinkpad:
boot : Detecting Android x86........................................ during several minutes.... and no booting

TX2500:
boot -> black screen

any idea ?

Ron M

Jul 19, 2012, 10:57:44 AM7/19/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com

Please write the output of "lspci -k" and "dmesg".

jo2220

Jul 19, 2012, 11:12:24 AM7/19/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
enclosed the result of "lspci -k" and "dmesg"
thanks
dmesg.txt
lspci.txt

Ron M

Jul 19, 2012, 12:28:36 PM7/19/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I am not familiar with this tablet, but I read that Ubuntu Precise
comes up on it without any problems.
Running lspci -k on a booting and working Ubuntu (or any other) linux
distribution will give us better information about the drivers being
used, and so will
a printout of the symbolic links in
/sys/class/net/<your_wifi_eth_name>/.../driver

There was an earlier post on this in the forums - and to enable touch
you need to modify the kernel and add "CONFIG_HID_MULTITOUCH" (or
something like that).
You'd also need n-trig if I remember correctly - I am short in time so
I can't check that for you now. Sorry.

As for the wirelss driver you would need
http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/ath6kl

Let me know if that worked for you (assuming you are able to build
your own build for that - otherwise I can try to add something for
your build, but I can't promise when I will do that)

-Ron

jo2220

Jul 19, 2012, 4:17:05 PM7/19/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
and thanks for your answers
I am very bad to modify kernel and compiling (for english too:-D )
But I will try to follow your advice
I keep you informed

Jo

Le 19/07/2012 18:28, Ron M a �crit :
> I am not familiar with this tablet, but I read that Ubuntu Precise
> comes up on it without any problems.
> Running lspci -k on a booting and working Ubuntu (or any other) linux
> distribution will give us better information about the drivers being
> used, and so will
> a printout of the symbolic links in
> /sys/class/net/<your_wifi_eth_name>/.../driver
>
> There was an earlier post on this in the forums - and to enable touch
> you need to modify the kernel and add "CONFIG_HID_MULTITOUCH" (or
> something like that).
> You'd also need n-trig if I remember correctly - I am short in time so
> I can't check that for you now. Sorry.
>
> As for the wirelss driver you would need
> http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/ath6kl
>
> Let me know if that worked for you (assuming you are able to build
> your own build for that - otherwise I can try to add something for
> your build, but I can't promise when I will do that)
>

> -Ron
>
> On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 6:12 PM, jo2220 <jo2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> enclosed the result of "lspci -k" and "dmesg"
>> thanks
>>
>> Le 19/07/2012 16:57, Ron M a �crit :
>>
>> Please write the output of "lspci -k" and "dmesg".
>>
>> On Jul 19, 2012 5:50 PM, "jo2220" <jo2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>> So,
>>>
>>> iso AMD :
>>> boot ok, language choice.... then black screen
>>>
>>> ASUS LAPTOP:
>>> Boot ok , laguage choice ok I coming on android but no touch screen no
>>> wifi
>>>
>>> EEEPC:
>>> same thing than ASUS LAPTOP
>>>
>>> Tegav2:
>>> boot -> black screen
>>> same thing in vesa mode
>>>
>>> Thinkpad:
>>> boot : Detecting Android x86........................................
>>> during several minutes.... and no booting
>>>
>>> TX2500:
>>> boot -> black screen
>>>

>>> any idea ?
>>>

>>> Le 17/07/2012 22:43, Stefan a �crit :
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> looking at the ICS RC2 images only (the others are too old, nobody will
>>> modify them excepti f you do it by yourself), which ones had which result?
>>>
>>> Stefan
>>>
>>> Am 17.07.2012 21:54, schrieb jo2220:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> memory, I seem to have tested 2.2 (generic, sparta, tegav2,asus laptop) ,
>>> 3.2RC2(tegav2 and asus_laptop) and 4.0RC1(tegav2 , eeepc, s103t tablet) and
>>> RC2(tegav2 ,eeepc , hp -tx250)
>>>
>>> Jo
>>>

>>> Le 17/07/2012 21:21, Stefan a �crit :

jo2220

Jul 20, 2012, 2:06:44 AM7/20/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I tested ubuntu the last one (12.04) i386 desktop
The system boot (ubuntu 12.0 .... ) then there is a error page ( screen.jpg)

It will be complicated !!

Le 19/07/2012 18:28, Ron M a �crit :
> I am not familiar with this tablet, but I read that Ubuntu Precise
> comes up on it without any problems.
> Running lspci -k on a booting and working Ubuntu (or any other) linux
> distribution will give us better information about the drivers being
> used, and so will
> a printout of the symbolic links in
> /sys/class/net/<your_wifi_eth_name>/.../driver
>
> There was an earlier post on this in the forums - and to enable touch
> you need to modify the kernel and add "CONFIG_HID_MULTITOUCH" (or
> something like that).
> You'd also need n-trig if I remember correctly - I am short in time so
> I can't check that for you now. Sorry.
>
> As for the wirelss driver you would need
> http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/ath6kl
>
> Let me know if that worked for you (assuming you are able to build
> your own build for that - otherwise I can try to add something for
> your build, but I can't promise when I will do that)
>

> -Ron
>
> On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 6:12 PM, jo2220 <jo2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> enclosed the result of "lspci -k" and "dmesg"
>> thanks
>>
>> Le 19/07/2012 16:57, Ron M a �crit :
>>
>> Please write the output of "lspci -k" and "dmesg".
>>
>> On Jul 19, 2012 5:50 PM, "jo2220" <jo2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>> So,
>>>
>>> iso AMD :
>>> boot ok, language choice.... then black screen
>>>
>>> ASUS LAPTOP:
>>> Boot ok , laguage choice ok I coming on android but no touch screen no
>>> wifi
>>>
>>> EEEPC:
>>> same thing than ASUS LAPTOP
>>>
>>> Tegav2:
>>> boot -> black screen
>>> same thing in vesa mode
>>>
>>> Thinkpad:
>>> boot : Detecting Android x86........................................
>>> during several minutes.... and no booting
>>>
>>> TX2500:
>>> boot -> black screen
>>>

>>> any idea ?
>>>

>>> Le 17/07/2012 22:43, Stefan a �crit :
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> looking at the ICS RC2 images only (the others are too old, nobody will
>>> modify them excepti f you do it by yourself), which ones had which result?
>>>
>>> Stefan
>>>
>>> Am 17.07.2012 21:54, schrieb jo2220:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> memory, I seem to have tested 2.2 (generic, sparta, tegav2,asus laptop) ,
>>> 3.2RC2(tegav2 and asus_laptop) and 4.0RC1(tegav2 , eeepc, s103t tablet) and
>>> RC2(tegav2 ,eeepc , hp -tx250)
>>>
>>> Jo
>>>

>>> Le 17/07/2012 21:21, Stefan a �crit :
screen.jpg

G Born

Jul 20, 2012, 5:49:54 AM7/20/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Yes, it's sufficient to download the files linked on Buildroid page, extras the arm libs (.tgz and then .tar) and copy it to the specified locations.

I wrote a small how-to how to manage it using Ubuntu. The link will be valid on 21 - July - 2012 2:36 GMT+2:

BTW: The article series also contains a how to extend German keyboard layout file with the missing @ character.

Am Montag, 16. Juli 2012 00:02:01 UTC+2 schrieb VenomousWoe:
Freakin cool.

Just one thing. It says in the release notes that in order to get the ARM translator working, you need to get the libraries from Buildroid. Do you just download the libraries and put them in the specified locations on the Buildroid page? Or is there some other process? Either way, I'd like some specifics.

Still, this is exciting news, and I'd love to sink my teeth into it. Good job, guys!

Chih-Wei Huang

Jul 22, 2012, 8:31:09 AM7/22/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
2012/7/20 G Born <kgb...@googlemail.com>:
> BTW: The article series also contains a how to extend German keyboard layout
> file with the missing @ character.

Could you provide a patch to fix it? Thanks!

Chih-Wei Huang

Jul 23, 2012, 1:31:07 PM7/23/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
2012/7/23 Егор Ключко <mskl...@gmail.com>:
>> Got graphics problem on Asus Eee PC 1215N. System loads with some errors
>> and the screen is stripy. Also tried VESA mode, the same problem. Any
>> advices? Logs and screenshots in attachment

Set video=1280x768-16 to kernel cmdline.

Felix Chang

Jul 25, 2012, 11:26:37 PM7/25/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi,I have the same SD Card problem with you . I have tried a lot of things but still it doesn't work .Have you fixed the problem now ?

snype

Jul 26, 2012, 3:26:45 AM7/26/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Greetings everyone,

I have been using 4.0rc2 on my lenovo s10-3t for 2 days now and even though it feels really nice and looks really cool, the limited functionality bugs me.

70% of the apps I have tried from the android store don't work.
100% of the games I have tried don't work.

Apart from that the SD card function does not work for me.

Another thing that bugs is me, when I have 2gb of ram, why is Android only using
1gb.

Obviously, I cannot thank the team enough for giving my old thrown away laptop new life. I am willing to contribute both in terms of money and code. Please guide me how to.

Mark Bunds

Aug 4, 2012, 8:45:43 AM8/4/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi vepeezy!

I had some hours tied up in getting it to install initially myself, especially when trying to get more than 2 GB of SD card storage. In short, I ended up partitioning my hard drive with an EXT3 partition, then used the TegraV2 release from Android X86.org

Alynix

Aug 9, 2012, 2:59:44 PM8/9/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Mark, follow Dell Inspiron DUO
I have the arm setup and the system is sweet now with the new OS. how are you getting the I2c bus to work I also want to accelerometer and compass to work. also anything on the sleep mode. does updating the Grub fix that issue on the duo?

On Wednesday, July 18, 2012 4:03:41 PM UTC-6, Mark Bunds wrote:
Brilliant work!

RC1 was excellent, but RC2 is amazing! I have installed it on my Dell Inspiron DUO, and included the ARM emulator via AirDroid and copying with file Xplorer. Not all apps work, but most of them do, including Angry Birds which plays as smoothly as a native ARM application!

I am gathering the modules for a custom build for the DUO that allows access to the I2c bus so I can get the accelerometer and compass to work, but for now I just use a screen rotation control app that allows me to set screen orientation per app, and I have included the key code triggered by the screen flip to tell Android whether or not to use the hardware keyboard.

ADW launcher works excellently, and battery life is way beyond expectations, far better than Windows.

I have also installed Debian Kit, which works very well with the supported loop devices in this build, but I have yet to make a successful connection via RDP from outside.

All in all, thanks for your superb work, you have made my Inspiron Duo actually usable and enjoyable as a tablet!

Alynix

Aug 9, 2012, 3:01:16 PM8/9/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Wanted to say thanks to Chih-Wei!!!!!

On Sunday, July 15, 2012 9:58:26 AM UTC-6, Chih-Wei Huang wrote:
Hi,
Android-x86 4.0-RC2 is released.
See the release note for details.

http://www.android-x86.org/releases/releasenote-4-0-rc2

Regards,
--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
http://www.android-x86.org

Alynix

Aug 10, 2012, 11:52:28 AM8/10/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com, ketut.k...@gmail.com
BlackHawk,

thanks for the info.....looking at the cmdline in GRUB and did a find filename and its not showing acpi_sleep.
Is there a different file name or what am i doing something wrong

RC

Aug 13, 2012, 3:03:42 PM8/13/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ron,

Could you kindly help and let me know, how to remove the apk's from the ICS iso, through some script instead of "forcestop and disable".

I am not an old hand at Android. Either directions or pointers to how can this be done will be great!

Thanks
RC

Rohit Choudhary

Aug 13, 2012, 4:10:06 PM8/13/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Btw - I've tried to remount the system/app as rw, but then I keep getting mount: permission denied. Wonder what am I doing wrong.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/android-x86/-/QCZtKs51wLwJ.

Rohit Choudhary

Aug 16, 2012, 12:19:32 PM8/16/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ron & Everyone,

Thanks, I was able to get my build up with reduced number of apps. It didnt require any specific knowledge of Android, but just - sfs, iso and the concept of mount as an active workspace of files and folders.

For whoever, it may be of interest, here are the steps:

bsdtar -C android-image -xf desktop_generic.iso
$ cd android-image
$ unsquashfs system.sfs
$ sudo mkdir /mnt/iso
$ sudo mount squashfs-root/system.img /mnt/iso  -o loop

$ cp -r /mnt/iso ~/app (make changes here!)
$ rm -rf /mnt/iso/app
$ cp -r ~/app /mnt/iso
$ umount /mnt/iso
$ mksquashfs squashfs-root/system.img system.sfs
$ cd ..
$ genisoimage -vJURT -b isolinux/isolinux.bin -c isolinux/boot.cat -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -input-charset utf-8 -V "Android-x86 LiveCD" -o android-image.iso ~/Temp/boot/ android-image/ramdisk.img android-image/initrd.img android-image/install.img android-image/system.sfs android-image/kernel

Here's the link where I got most of the help from - https://gist.github.com/1579903

Thanks.
RC.
On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 12:33 AM, RC <r...@ciborete.com> wrote:
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/android-x86/-/QCZtKs51wLwJ.

Ollie

Aug 18, 2012, 8:20:54 PM8/18/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I believe the Tega V2 build is the best for the Duo.

On Saturday, 18 August 2012 22:44:34 UTC+1, henry wrote:
Hi. I'm having trouble finding an ice cream sandwich version of Android that works on my dell inspiron duo. Can someone direct me in the right direction? I would appreciate any help i can get...

henry

Aug 19, 2012, 12:24:11 AM8/19/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! Will try it out.

henry

Aug 19, 2012, 1:54:08 AM8/19/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Ok. I tried TegaV2 out and RC2. Both have video play back issues and don't seem to support high graphic games. There is also a purchasing issue in google play. And I can't get any wallpaper to display (the background is black). I think all these issues might be related to something graphical... (I'm kind of a newbie to android).

joshua sullivan

Aug 23, 2012, 3:59:19 PM8/23/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reply but I have that exact build but when building the img the setup only allows 2048 or so MB. So when I look under storage on my device it only shows that amount of space and not my entire hard drive (which is 250GB).  How can I find a way to access the rest of my hard drive? Also, I want to be able to use mp3 player apps that scan my hard drive for new music files. Thanks.

Jim

Aug 24, 2012, 10:25:23 PM8/24/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
If you format your Android partition to EXT3, then when you install Android to that partition it will see that entire partition, not just 2GB.
If your other partitions are NTFS try Paragon NTFS&HFS+ Beta to mount your other partitions

joshua sullivan

Aug 25, 2012, 3:25:01 AM8/25/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com

Thanks. I that helps a lot.

> --

> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/android-x86/-/Vu2U6K4gmLEJ.

dscm

Sep 18, 2012, 5:22:27 PM9/18/12
to Android-x86
other available builds to try:

http://www.tabletsx86.org

http://android-x86.sceners.org/en/

On Sep 18, 4:58 am, Eristoff <erist...@saeuferleber.de> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> let me first off start by praising your awesome work with this project!
>
> I'm using a Dell mini 10v, and have run several live versions of the
> current release.
> The eeepc Version runs flawless except for the Wifi. As I tried the other
> releases, I've come to notice that with the thinkpad Version supports my
> Wifi card, but the touchpad behaves weirldy.
> As the mini10 was a quite popular netbook, and more people would benefit
> from it, I would kindly request "blended" version of the eeepc and thinkpad
> release (using the network drivers from the thinkpad).
> I hope this is possible and can be done without much hussle..
> Thanks and keep up the good work!
>
> Eristoff

tsukishiro yamazaki

Oct 4, 2012, 2:45:45 AM10/4/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the continuous hard work Android-x86 team!

I just tried the android-x86-4.0-RC2-tegav2.iso on my machine and it somehow works fine.
If boot normally (no modifications on kernel arguments), it does not boot well.
Screen just blinks and the android logo does not appear.
If boot with "nomodeset", it boots ok.

I also noticed that the kernel version is 3.4.0-android-x86-tegav2+
Looking at my ICS source, I see that tegav2_defconfig is still using 3.0.36 kernel.
Does this mean that Chih Wei used a different kernel source in creating this build?

BR,
- tsukishiro

diepone

Oct 28, 2012, 2:19:23 PM10/28/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys, first big thank for all support. So now ii have a problem and cant find anything for it.
I will use my sim card adapter of my s10-3t with the ics rc2. everything work still fine but not the 3g part. Anyone any idea?
Message has been deleted